GEORGIABELLE | Admirer | 10.11.2013 8:08 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY EMERIL LEFT HSN?? After setting up my DVR programs for the next 2 weeks, I kept seeing EMERIL on the schedule at QVC. I thought to myself W-H-A-T??
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
blossom321 | New Friend | 10.16.2013 3:46 AM
My personal opinion is a) more money and b) there just wasn't enough room for two star chefs Emeril and Wolfgang Puck. These are two top chefs. The major difference was with WP you have to be very careful with because he has a much lower quality control standard than Emeril and will put his name on anything. I know because all of the items I've purchased from WP have never lasted. Emeril seems to care very much what he puts his name on. But, I think it has to be more A than B; but, something else had to have happened because I just can't picture HSN telling such a successful chef and entrepreneur they're taking a bigger cut of his money, and also if he said he was leaving why wouldn't HSN make a counter offer. Apparently, there is at least a little bad blood. Wasn't In the Kitchen With David also HSN or was he QVC. Can't really remember.
xiao848 | Admirer | 12.07.2013 9:37 PM

You are so right. Wolfgang's products are trash! I bought some glass storage ware with covers and the glass chipped for no apparent reason. I did stack them together and we all bang any cookware, not intentionally, every once in awhile.  It just happens. That was a horrifying experience. I could have eaten glass. I've NEVER had that problem with my Pyrex or Corning Ware. I have some of those products and they are years old, never a problem. 

greciangal821 | New Friend | 12.01.2013 4:35 PM

David has always been on QVC.  In fact, he just said today this is his 20th year at QVC.  I was shocked when I heard on QVC today that Emeril is returning to QVC. I had to think wait a minute he used to be on HSN.  It seems like all the Food Network stars seem to go to QVC.  I don't think Emeril is on Food Network anymore, but I think he is on the Cooking Channel.  Think it is owned by Food Network though.  I have seen a lot of new chefs on HSN.  Ones I have never heard of, maybe they are cheaper? I respect and like Emeril, so I would follow him anywhere.  I love both HSN and QVC.  I buy from both.

BlkLabLover | Inspirer 1 | 10.15.2013 3:11 AM 1 Person Smiled
Probably because he was always paired with Shannon and could not get a word in because of her constant, yeah, ok, snort, yeah, ok, snort.

You are probably right. lol She does that to everyone. I wish they would stop having her on at midnight so I could watch the first airing of the TS.
Stevie201 | Admirer 3 | 10.11.2013 11:16 PM
Celebrities usually leave one shopping channel for another because they have been offered more money. I read this is why Suzanne Somers left HSN for the peacock channel.
1beachgirl | Advisor 1 | 10.11.2013 10:14 PM 4 People have Smiled
Probably because he was always paired with Shannon and could not get a word in because of her constant, yeah, ok, snort, yeah, ok, snort.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
GEORGIABELLE

EMERIL, Why did he leave HSN and go to QVC??

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY EMERIL LEFT HSN?? After setting up my DVR programs for the next 2 weeks, I kept seeing EMERIL on the schedule at QVC. I thought to myself W-H-A-T??
Please use plain text.
Advisor 1
1beachgirl

RE: EMERIL, Why did he leave HSN and go to QVC??

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Stevie201

Celebrities usually leave one shopping channel for another because they have been offered more money. I read this is why Suzanne Somers left HSN for the peacock channel.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
BlkLabLover

You are probably right. lol She does that to everyone. I wish they would stop having her on at midnight so I could watch the first airing of the TS.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
blossom321

My personal opinion is a) more money and b) there just wasn't enough room for two star chefs Emeril and Wolfgang Puck. These are two top chefs. The major difference was with WP you have to be very careful with because he has a much lower quality control standard than Emeril and will put his name on anything. I know because all of the items I've purchased from WP have never lasted. Emeril seems to care very much what he puts his name on. But, I think it has to be more A than B; but, something else had to have happened because I just can't picture HSN telling such a successful chef and entrepreneur they're taking a bigger cut of his money, and also if he said he was leaving why wouldn't HSN make a counter offer. Apparently, there is at least a little bad blood. Wasn't In the Kitchen With David also HSN or was he QVC. Can't really remember.
Please use plain text.
Pro 2
pipman

Hey, maybe he'll get more money by getting a cut of the outrageous s/h that Q charges! *snark*
Please use plain text.
Admirer
DCLoveBug

My guess is the $24 million lawsuit filed against Martha Stewart, Emeril and HSN for selling knock-off German knives that were actually made in China. There can be additional reasons as well.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
lisastiles

My guess is the $24 million lawsuit filed against Martha Stewart, Emeril and HSN for selling knock-off German knives that were actually made in China. There can be additional reasons as well.

Oh Snap! I did not know about this #-o
Please use plain text.
Pro 2
pipman

OH! ...didn't know about that!

Funny how many of these cooking "personalities" have gotten into big problems.

...well, maybe not so funny.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
MzNancyM

The lawsuit was settled some time ago. They can no longer print "Solingen Germany" on the cutlery. Who cares, best knives I have every used in my life. The little snap to the counter sharpener is a must have. In my opinion go to Emeril for knives and Wolfgang for the stainless pans.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
30 Replies
10.11.2013 8:08 PM
17 Smiles
22 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...