New Friend
Barbie17

RE: Do You Remember these Former Show Hosts???

I saw Kelly Repassey on the Bealls Florida website modeling plus size clothing. She appears to be heavier than she was when she left HSN. She used to be a plus size model before she came to HSN. I agree that she was a great host and seemed to be a lovely person.

Barbie

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
SHARON818

I remember Steve, what happened to him?

Steve Chaney died of brain cancer a few years ago...

You can contact Tina Berry, British Ford and Barbara Marville-Kelly on facebook. Tina is heavily into Mafia Wars...British and Barbara are both into women empowerment and are motivational speakers...British has some sort of a multilevel marketing thing going on with that...and Mindy McCortney used to sell Seriesse (Jennifer Flavin Stallone's multilevel-marketing of SSC). I'm sure she's on to the next big MLM scheme now.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
KathyRad

If my memory serves me correctly, Terri(sp?) Toner was an original host on the old Fashion Channel. She also would talk about her modeling days!!! Does anyone remember the Fashion Channel?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Topaz444

Not sure if ether of these gals were mentioned, but how about:
Michelle Lau -- she was rather loud (bit ironic as surname pronounced as Loud w/o the d, lol) & quite off-putting...

Katrina Owens -- very lovely in both appearance & demeanor. Was a host when HSN still carried a full line of Essence of Time, which I miss :smileysad:
She & Lynn Murphy often mentioned being best of friends; wonder if they are still in touch. Katrina had a similar presentation style as Lynn: a bit low-key with touch of class & very pleasant. None of this talk a mile a minute / carnival barker / snake oil pitch mannerisms. How refreshing, yanno?

Regarding Tina Berry: I really enjoyed watching her as well. So sweet; & just one of those people you could sense had a good soul. Far as Mindy, let's just say I'm glad she left...

With the current hosts, not all but getting to be too many, I concur the hard sale approach is grating & becoming tiresome; reeks of pushiness & desperation.. Perhaps this works to a point, but I suspect many of us are tuning in much less these days.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Topaz444

If my memory serves me correctly, Terri(sp?) Toner was an original host on the old Fashion Channel. She also would talk about her modeling days!!! Does anyone remember the Fashion Channel?

Hmmm... I remember Spree; then America's Jewelry Store, which was a huge flop, so they quickly changed it to America's Store. OH! that reminds me of Liz Benbrook. She was a good host, I hope she's doing well.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
SHARON818

If anyone wants to see how their favorite host (past and present, as long as they are still living) is doing, go to FACEBOOK and type in their name. Chances are you will find them...I know the following hosts/exhosts are there:

Kelly Olver
Rich Hollenbeck
John Cremeans
Bobbi Ray Carter
Tina Berry
Terri Toner (Wise)
Tom Wise
Barbara Marville(Kelly)
June Hagman
Kelly Repassy
E(Liz)abeth Benbrook
Suzanne Runyan
British (Ford) Hill
and there are many many more -- as well as the QVC group and most of the ShopNBC people (Judy Crowell, Kim Parrish, Paul Deasy and Dave King to name only four hosts/vendors)

Hint for Facebook - find a host or ex-host and look in their "FRIENDS"...you will find a ton of names you know!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
KathyRad

Hmmm... I remember Spree; then America's Jewelry Store, which was a huge flop, so they quickly changed it to America's Store. OH! that reminds me of Liz Benbrook. She was a good host, I hope she's doing well.

OMGosh Topaz, I was searching the net and found out it was CVN/QVC that owned the Fashion Channel in 1989. Here is an article I found: Article: QVC Network Inc. acquires rights to Fashion Channel Network Inc.; plans for CVN Companies Inc. consolidation and multi-merchant network unveiled
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Topaz444

Hi Kathy. Ah Ok. Actually, I didn't get satellite tv until after 2K. I usually have an xlnt memory, so a little jarred couldn't recall Fashion Ch, lol. Phew... So it must've been gone by then(?). BTW, I like your "OMGosh" -- I do that too!

Thanks for the heads-up Sharon. Are Terri & Tom still married? I recall back in the day (when they were hosts on HSN) she spoke on air of their courtship, admitting she'd been a bit hesitant at first as he pursued her. Cute story that led to matrimony & children. They made a good couple, hopefully are still together.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
SHARON818

Hi Kathy. Ah Ok. Actually, I didn't get satellite tv until after 2K. I usually have an xlnt memory, so a little jarred couldn't recall Fashion Ch, lol. Phew... So it must've been gone by then(?). BTW, I like your "OMGosh" -- I do that too!

Thanks for the heads-up Sharon. Are Terri & Tom still married? I recall back in the day (when they were hosts on HSN) she spoke on air of their courtship, admitting she'd been a bit hesitant at first as he pursued her. Cute story that led to matrimony & children. They made a good couple, hopefully are still together.

Oh heck yeah, they are still married and the twins are GORGEOUS young rocking women! Their young son, Tom, is a cutie, and not THAT young! Kind of makes me feel old, but I kind of AM...Terri is one of my favorite FB "friends"...she's very active on her page and will definitely respond to posts.

Add Q2 to the old Shopping Channels, as well as SKY TV and the JCPenney Shopping Channel! Guy Yovan and Clinton Kelly were but TWO of the Q2 hosts...
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KELSCUDDLES

I miss Mindy McCourtney. She is my favorite host on any channel. Wish she was on TV again.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.