Lindascoffee | Advisor 3 | 04.25.2013 7:10 PM
I am new to watching Diane Perkovic on Hsn and watching her with the Perlier showing on April 25th is very irritating. Does anyone feel the same about this host that seems to have to be the center of the show with a "abrasive" high pitched voice" that CONSTANTLY interrupts the vendor every chance she can. Interrupting the vendors seems to be a real problem with this host for some reason and I find it difficult to get the information of the product when she hosts.Diane needs to go to charm school to learn professionalism in hosting. Hsn has so many talented and professional hosts and I hope it's just this one show I noticed these problems with her. Diane is good at keeping the customers updated on how many are left, but just tone down the "rough around the edges" attitude.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
olivertwist1 | Admirer 3 | 05.10.2013 10:23 AM
I agree....she is so in to herself....always looking for a compliment....I remember one vendor who was very subtle about NOT giving the compliment Diana was fishing for....and she keeps telling everyone how she does her own hair and make-up.....that white pencil in the corner of her eyes is WAY over done....I think she is in love with herself....my opinion only....I can't watch her... [-x
Tillie123 | Admirer 3 | 05.06.2013 4:41 PM
I like her, too. Wow, is she in great shape. I wish I looked that good!! [-o<
1beachgirl | Advisor 1 | 05.03.2013 10:44 AM
I don't see Diana as some viewers see her. She is not one of my favorites but I think she does a good job.
It is good to see all of the views of other shoppers and I respect all of them whether I agree or not.
FritzieBlue | Inspirer 2 | 05.03.2013 6:39 AM
She's hard to watch, and that's a shame as she hosts many of the shows I'd like to see. Her speaking down to the viewers is difficult to take. Many of us are very much up on fashion, and her schoolmarm style is off putting.

DIAMONDD, I thoroughly agree about the gracious, charming Laurie Feltheimer. I love her manner with callers, remembering names, letting them speak, thanking them and saying "goodbye." She's really the ideal guest and seems like a lovely, warm person.
Lindascoffee | Advisor 3 | 04.26.2013 3:30 PM
Now I remember who Diane reminds me of....Lisa Robertson, a host on QVC....they both have the same issues.
DIAMONDD | Admirer 2 | 04.26.2013 10:14 AM
I just had to comment on Diana. Not to be mean, but I totally agree with the negativity regarding her presentations. She is very unprofessional and she DOES have to be the center of attention, and, just in case she does not know this, it is not the Diana P. show!!! The vendors should be, along with their products. One more thing, stop looking at yourself in the monitors!! Do you think noone sees?? Last but not least, KUDOS to Laurie F. on yesterdays show with Hot In Hollywood, which Diana hosted. Laurie is so Gracious and Professional!!!! Some of the hosts should take a lesson or two from Laurie on how to have class!!
Jeanette19 | Inside Inspirer | 04.26.2013 12:31 AM
I like Diana. She makes an effort to go above and beyond keeping up with the latest runway shows in Paris, NYC and Milan. I like Colleen, too, so I guess I'm pretty flexible when it comes to hosting styles. Diana's hosting style is lively and I enjoy watching her. Colleen is sedate and ladylike and I enjoy watching her as well.

All the hosts at HSN who deal with fashion/jewelry/makeup are now required to read the fashion mags and dailys like Vogue and WWD every day. The powers-that-be want the hosts to be able to discuss trends with ease. They might not be allowed to mention haute couture houses by name, but they are required to know all about them now. So, I guess in some ways, Diana is as much a fashion expert as any one else on the channel. At least she manages to say the word "couture" properly unlike a certain overnight host.

To each his own, I guess, which is why there are so many hosts on the channel to choose to watch.
grandma194508 | Admirer 3 | 04.25.2013 11:14 PM
I m so glad that I am not an only one disliking this host immensely.....Silly, unprofessional. center of attention with a pronunciation of a teacher from kindergarten ......I am like you ladies...just can not stomach her. And to make her a fashion guru.....oh, please.....[-(
MaryWorth | Inspirer 1 | 04.25.2013 9:34 PM
Yes, if she's on a live show, I immediately click off. If I see that she's going to host a show, I do not watch. Her tone is very condescending, she talks down to everyone in a very loud voice, and she seems vain and has to be the center of attention every minute. Sometimes I have to watch a video if I want to see the details of something so I'm forced to listen to her say "lenth" instead of the correct pronunciation of "length," and "it comes in YOUR brown, YOUR black, and here we have YOUR red." See, I dislike her "presentation"skills" so much that everything about her gets on my last nerve. I find her unwatchable. I would rather watch Shannon or Michelle Sorro than watch Diana Perkovic so now you know just how irritating I find her. I really wish HSN would hold mandatory host manners and technique sessions, to be taught by Colleen Lopez. Train these hosts how to do a decent job, please!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Advisor 3
Lindascoffee

Diane Perkovic

I am new to watching Diane Perkovic on Hsn and watching her with the Perlier showing on April 25th is very irritating. Does anyone feel the same about this host that seems to have to be the center of the show with a "abrasive" high pitched voice" that CONSTANTLY interrupts the vendor every chance she can. Interrupting the vendors seems to be a real problem with this host for some reason and I find it difficult to get the information of the product when she hosts.Diane needs to go to charm school to learn professionalism in hosting. Hsn has so many talented and professional hosts and I hope it's just this one show I noticed these problems with her. Diane is good at keeping the customers updated on how many are left, but just tone down the "rough around the edges" attitude.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
MaryWorth

RE: Diane Perkovic

Yes, if she's on a live show, I immediately click off. If I see that she's going to host a show, I do not watch. Her tone is very condescending, she talks down to everyone in a very loud voice, and she seems vain and has to be the center of attention every minute. Sometimes I have to watch a video if I want to see the details of something so I'm forced to listen to her say "lenth" instead of the correct pronunciation of "length," and "it comes in YOUR brown, YOUR black, and here we have YOUR red." See, I dislike her "presentation"skills" so much that everything about her gets on my last nerve. I find her unwatchable. I would rather watch Shannon or Michelle Sorro than watch Diana Perkovic so now you know just how irritating I find her. I really wish HSN would hold mandatory host manners and technique sessions, to be taught by Colleen Lopez. Train these hosts how to do a decent job, please!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
grandma194508

I m so glad that I am not an only one disliking this host immensely.....Silly, unprofessional. center of attention with a pronunciation of a teacher from kindergarten ......I am like you ladies...just can not stomach her. And to make her a fashion guru.....oh, please.....[-(
Please use plain text.
Inside Inspirer
Jeanette19

I like Diana. She makes an effort to go above and beyond keeping up with the latest runway shows in Paris, NYC and Milan. I like Colleen, too, so I guess I'm pretty flexible when it comes to hosting styles. Diana's hosting style is lively and I enjoy watching her. Colleen is sedate and ladylike and I enjoy watching her as well.

All the hosts at HSN who deal with fashion/jewelry/makeup are now required to read the fashion mags and dailys like Vogue and WWD every day. The powers-that-be want the hosts to be able to discuss trends with ease. They might not be allowed to mention haute couture houses by name, but they are required to know all about them now. So, I guess in some ways, Diana is as much a fashion expert as any one else on the channel. At least she manages to say the word "couture" properly unlike a certain overnight host.

To each his own, I guess, which is why there are so many hosts on the channel to choose to watch.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
DIAMONDD

I just had to comment on Diana. Not to be mean, but I totally agree with the negativity regarding her presentations. She is very unprofessional and she DOES have to be the center of attention, and, just in case she does not know this, it is not the Diana P. show!!! The vendors should be, along with their products. One more thing, stop looking at yourself in the monitors!! Do you think noone sees?? Last but not least, KUDOS to Laurie F. on yesterdays show with Hot In Hollywood, which Diana hosted. Laurie is so Gracious and Professional!!!! Some of the hosts should take a lesson or two from Laurie on how to have class!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor 3
Lindascoffee

Now I remember who Diane reminds me of....Lisa Robertson, a host on QVC....they both have the same issues.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
FritzieBlue

She's hard to watch, and that's a shame as she hosts many of the shows I'd like to see. Her speaking down to the viewers is difficult to take. Many of us are very much up on fashion, and her schoolmarm style is off putting.

DIAMONDD, I thoroughly agree about the gracious, charming Laurie Feltheimer. I love her manner with callers, remembering names, letting them speak, thanking them and saying "goodbye." She's really the ideal guest and seems like a lovely, warm person.
Please use plain text.
Advisor 1
1beachgirl

I don't see Diana as some viewers see her. She is not one of my favorites but I think she does a good job.
It is good to see all of the views of other shoppers and I respect all of them whether I agree or not.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Tillie123

I like her, too. Wow, is she in great shape. I wish I looked that good!! [-o<
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
olivertwist1

I agree....she is so in to herself....always looking for a compliment....I remember one vendor who was very subtle about NOT giving the compliment Diana was fishing for....and she keeps telling everyone how she does her own hair and make-up.....that white pencil in the corner of her eyes is WAY over done....I think she is in love with herself....my opinion only....I can't watch her... [-x
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
9 Replies
04.25.2013 7:10 PM
0 Smiles
9 in Conversation

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...