KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 09.02.2013 3:58 AM

Former QVC host Dave King now also is a former ShopNBC/ShopHQ host. Without elaborating on whether he jumped Shop or was pushed out, King said Sunday (09/01/2013) was his last day on the Eden Prairie, Minnesota-based shopping channel.

For his finale, King looked particularly grizzly, sporting a shocking gray beard. In fact, there was more hair on his chin than on his head.

Who knows what's next for King? HSN? Highly unlikely. Perhaps he'll land on the Liquidation Channel, Jewelry Television or Gem Shopping Network, famous for those jewelry-laden turntables and screaming hosts. Failing all those, there's always that vast late night info-mercial wasteland populated with over-the-top pitchmen who possess that grating used car salesman persona.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
catwoman48 | New Friend | 10.02.2013 6:34 AM

Former QVC host Dave King now also is a former ShopNBC/ShopHQ host. Without elaborating on whether he jumped Shop or was pushed out, King said Sunday (09/01/2013) was his last day on the Eden Prairie, Minnesota-based shopping channel.

For his finale, King looked particularly grizzly, sporting a shocking gray beard. In fact, there was more hair on his chin than on his head.

Who knows what's next for King? HSN? Highly unlikely. Perhaps he'll land on the Liquidation Channel, Jewelry Television or Gem Shopping Network, famous for those jewelry-laden turntables and screaming hosts. Failing all those, there's always that vast late night info-mercial wasteland populated with over-the-top pitchmen who possess that grating used car salesman persona.

Good for Dave, returning to acting. I must confess I never knew he was on the soaps. However, I remember him fondly from the early days of QVC. I always thought he and Dan Wheeler (who is white) looked and sounded like twins except for their color! Dave is such a sweet, charming man. I have enjoyed watching him over the years, was glad when he turned up on ShopNBC, and will miss him as a host. Don't diss the beard! Dave and I have grown old together, and he is entitled to change his look. I wish him the very best and will be watching for him on TV.
SHARON818 | Inside Advisor | 09.05.2013 1:20 AM
Dave King is going to be acting full time now...he hinted he will be on the new series "Ironsides" (not sure if it's a recurring character or a one time thing) and "Parenthood".

This time, he was not fired. He made the decision to go -- I can only imagine that the commute and having two residences was trying at best. I wish him the best in his acting! Can't wait to see him on the shows!
sciencegeek | Inspirer 2 | 09.02.2013 10:20 PM
According to his facebook page, Dave will be returning to acting full time. Glad he's going back to his first love! I still remember him on Another World.

PS He will make an occasional appearance as a guest host on ShopHQ, so the separation is amicable.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

Dave King - Gone From ShopNBC

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
sciencegeek

RE: Dave King - Gone From ShopNBC

According to his facebook page, Dave will be returning to acting full time. Glad he's going back to his first love! I still remember him on Another World.

PS He will make an occasional appearance as a guest host on ShopHQ, so the separation is amicable.
Please use plain text.
Inside Advisor
SHARON818

Dave King is going to be acting full time now...he hinted he will be on the new series "Ironsides" (not sure if it's a recurring character or a one time thing) and "Parenthood".

This time, he was not fired. He made the decision to go -- I can only imagine that the commute and having two residences was trying at best. I wish him the best in his acting! Can't wait to see him on the shows!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
catwoman48

Good for Dave, returning to acting. I must confess I never knew he was on the soaps. However, I remember him fondly from the early days of QVC. I always thought he and Dan Wheeler (who is white) looked and sounded like twins except for their color! Dave is such a sweet, charming man. I have enjoyed watching him over the years, was glad when he turned up on ShopNBC, and will miss him as a host. Don't diss the beard! Dave and I have grown old together, and he is entitled to change his look. I wish him the very best and will be watching for him on TV.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
3 Replies
09.02.2013 3:58 AM
0 Smiles
4 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...