Admirer 2
gemqueen

Dan Dennis surfaces oin TV again

I just flipped through cable channels and the voice sounded somewhat like him ,so I paused and lo and behold it was Dan.
Seems like some fast paced, inventory liquidation clearance show not sure waiting for them to show his face ,but so far he is talking and things are selling out as he mentions them (must be 1 of each)
Must say he is speaking clearly and no stuttering or long pauses. He sounds great and I think better than alot of the newer hosts on other channels I have heard lately.
Dan's hair is dyed black and so looks weird for a man of his age but overall he looks ok.Just an update for those who remembered him from the old days.He is at the Jewelry channel, they do reverse auctions from what I can see or similiar to old "tootie" bargathons.You don;t know price when you call.
Now I wonder where the older hosts from the 80's have gone too ???

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
gemmadoll

RE: Dan Dennis surfaces oin TV again

The Jewelry Channel is liquidating - it's going out of business. Wonder if their sister channel - Gems TV is next?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mistydays

GEMS TV is not JTV's "sister channel". Actually, Dan did a handful of shows at JTV and then he disappeared. He has the knowledge, he just doesn't seem to be able to "stick" at any of the shopping channels.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
gemmadoll

GEMS TV is not JTV's "sister channel". Actually, Dan did a handful of shows at JTV and then he disappeared. He has the knowledge, he just doesn't seem to be able to "stick" at any of the shopping channels.

I didn't say it was. Dan is on The Jewelry Channel which is based in Austin, TX.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
katperson

I didn't know that The Jewelry Channel was liquidating. I see one of my favorite hosts from HSN there Michelle and I sure hope it doesn't end. That being said, I have ordered some things from Gems TV and boy, they have some nice quality there. All the pieces I have are beautifully made and well worth the money. I would recommend their jewelry in a second.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
marielle

The Jewelry Channel is no longer on my Direct TV as of today.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
katperson

Well, I sure hope Michelle Lau gets swooped up by the Q or another channel, she is really good and I like her. The other hosts on TJC weren't my cup of tea but its sad that they lost their jobs in this bad economy.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
NaughtyKitty

DAN IS THE MAN!!! I loved Dan Dennis when he was on HSN. He was so informative about gem stones. I learned a lot from him. Everything I heard him say about gems was easily verified by other sources...so he wasn't just making stuff up as some hosts do.

I was very sad when he was no longer on HSN. I don't know what happened. I did see him a few times on the old Shop At Home network, but he did not seem well...in fact he seemed rather nervous. He only appeared a few times and then poof he was gone.

I truly hope things are better for him now. His knowledge of product would make him an extreme asset to any organization that employs him.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Inkerbelle

I liked Dan Dennis as well. I thought it was sad when he suddenly disappeared from HSN, I didn't feel that he fit their image any longer, however, he was always so down to earth, a family man, nice to the callers. I hope he is well and doing great.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
QueenCeleste2

I wish Dan well. Michelle Lau was a lovely host and I was sorry to see her leave. Alas, I'm she she doesn't fit the new HSN show host mold, but any shopping channel would be lucky to have her.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.