New Friend
tessab13

Colleen Lopez

It is sooo disappointing when one of my favorite jewelry (Jay King, Nicky Butler) or clothing designers' show is hosted by Colleen Lopez. When will she realize that SHE is not the designer, SHE is not the model, her FINGERNAILS are not on display or for sale..., the jewelry is. Her mannerisms have gotten so annoying that if possible, I mute the sound when she is the program host. I groan when I'm searching HSN online and find an item that I missed seeing on air and video of Ms. Lopez 'presenting' the item is posted. She is SO fascinated with her "hands & fingers" and having them in the shot, that you don't get a good look at the item you are considering for purchase.

There is a reason you hire the professional models - they know how to do their job unobtrusively, without calling attention to themselves. Colleen Lopez does NOT sell the product. As a matter of fact, her behavior is so annoying I will often ignore products she suggests or segments that she hosts. HSN is not creating brand loyality by continuing to use these self-obsessed hosts.

I have never before posted a comment like this. Everyone is different, all the hosts have their particular quirks and all viewers are not going to like the same items or people. But I felt that if I was this annoyed by the behavior, more than likely other viewers were as well.

Just one viewers opinion.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Raginbutterfly

RE: Colleen Lopez

I love her! She's super pretty and I think she definitely helps sell the products. I doubt she's fascinated with her hands and fingers but I did laugh reading that. I like most of the hosts on HSN but Colleen is my favorite. Don't watch QVC if you think Colleen is self-obsessed because they've got a couple that really are. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Friend
tessab13

Rginbutterfly. Again, I realize that everyone has different tastes/likes/dislikes. However, I DO watch QVC and again with the exception of a few, most of their hosts are more low-key, less irritating, don't talk over the experts, don't ACT like they're experts, etc. And I have to say that of all the hosts I have watched, whether on HSN, QVC, ShopNBC, etc, Colleen Lopez is the ONLY one that makes a point to man-handle the jewelry and constantly put her hands in the shot. Incredibly annoying! But again, just my opinion.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
TexasBarbie

It is sooo disappointing when one of my favorite jewelry (Jay King, Nicky Butler) or clothing designers' show is hosted by Colleen Lopez. When will she realize that SHE is not the designer, SHE is not the model, her FINGERNAILS are not on display or for sale..., the jewelry is. Her mannerisms have gotten so annoying that if possible, I mute the sound when she is the program host. I groan when I'm searching HSN online and find an item that I missed seeing on air and video of Ms. Lopez 'presenting' the item is posted. She is SO fascinated with her "hands & fingers" and having them in the shot, that you don't get a good look at the item you are considering for purchase.

There is a reason you hire the professional models - they know how to do their job unobtrusively, without calling attention to themselves. Colleen Lopez does NOT sell the product. As a matter of fact, her behavior is so annoying I will often ignore products she suggests or segments that she hosts. HSN is not creating brand loyality by continuing to use these self-obsessed hosts.

I have never before posted a comment like this. Everyone is different, all the hosts have their particular quirks and all viewers are not going to like the same items or people. But I felt that if I was this annoyed by the behavior, more than likely other viewers were as well.

Just one viewers opinion.

Colleen is my favorite host on HSN BUT I think I know what you are saying about ther mannerisms. She has developed these coquette-ish mannerisms that are more appropriate on someone about 30 years younger. I like her very much but feel uncomfortable when she is doing things with her shoulders and dipping her head and acting shy and coy like a young girl would do.

Colleen, you are a lovely, mature woman. You don't need to be anything else.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
PAMMIE57

I also agree tess, its like she just started this job... Bought some of her clothes and must say they were awfull, so I flip the channel when she is on, also when Callie is on. JMO
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
capri2

I think Colleen does a laudable job. The irksome thing she does in my opinion is that head swing as if she is sweeping away heavy locks of hair. Her coif is always beautuful (hair and makeup dept)but she is no Lady Godiva. Let's stop the affected mannerisms. [-(
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
2beORnot2be

Being coquettish, coy and hair tossing are all flirting techniques.
Colleen is already married so maybe she is not conscious of her mannerisms.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
FACIALLADY

I love Collens Sense of Style.
She knows how to dress.
But I think all the show host need to learn from the Q.
Show us the item, tell us about it. Show us how to use it, apply it. Dont try to Sugar coat it with a bunch of bull
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
LADYLOVE

I don't watch very many full presentations anymore. I want them to get to the point so I have the info I need. I have things to do and I can't spend a lot of time watching and waiting for the info I need. Some of the hosts are easy to watch and others are not. They are there to provide a service to the viewers and that's all. I enjoy Bill Green and Amy for sure. They don't seem to have their own agenda...very pleasant, informative and professional. They know they are there to help us. I've been a customer for about 30 years and I have seen some changes that are not for the better. They should be courteous and professional.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KELSCUDDLES

I use to love Colleen, especially when she worked with Suzanne. Colleen used to be so humble. IMO, lately she has developed an attitude. She is beginning to remind me of someone on the other channel. I love Amy.So hope she doesn't change over time.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.