BlkLabLover | Inspirer 1 | 10.18.2013 4:46 PM
HSN must think so. They changed the item number for the Infinity PRO by Conair Curl Secret Automatic Curler and made it the TS. If you look at item #280-950 it's the SAME item with MORE extras. You get the TS with LESS extras but they raised the price so they could lower it back to the original price making you think you're getting a deal.

What You Get with Item #280-950:
Conair Curl Secret curler
4 Hair clips (2 purple, 2 clear)
Blush brush
Eye shadow brush
Lip brush
Eyelash curler brush
Sponge applicator brush
Cosmetic bag
Instruction and Styling Guide
Manufacturer's 5-year limited warranty on curler

What You Get with Item #293-316 (TS)
Easy-twist chamber cleaner
You Style 2-in-1 brush
1-year SELF magazine subscription

I guess they did that also because the reviews were horrible on this item.

2.6 out of 198 reviews gave it 5 Stars

48 people gave it 5 Stars
18 people gave it 4 Stars
24 people gave it 3 Stars
23 people gave it 2 Stars
85 people gave it 1 Star

If you ordered this, just beware. I heard that a lot of people had to cut their hair because they couldn't get the unit to release it. I wish this did work because I would have purchased it myself but I love my hair too much to risk it after reading all the bad reviews. When I noticed there were no reviews on the TS and there was no mention of it being improved I knew HSN did a switch. [-x [-x [-x
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
southernlights55 | Inspirer 2 | 02.08.2014 9:20 AM 1 Person Smiled

I know this is an old post, but I have to post in case someone searches and find this about Conair's Curl Secret.  First, I appreciate when HSN takes a product and eliminates some of the add ons and the price is reduced for a TS. Many times, I don't want the adds on and would rather save a few bucks.  Second, talking about the product burning hair and cutting hair off is rather extreme. My hair is more than half way down my back.  It is not healthy hair.  I dye it, curl it, straighten, pretty much abuse my hair.  I own the Curl Secret and love it.  No, I didn't buy on HSN because it was sold out. The secret is to take small sections.  My hair got caught once and Curl Secret corrected itself.  No, I didn't have to cut my hair.  No, I didn't burn my hair. If you take your time and work around your head, you will have beautiful curls that last for a couple days.  The first time I used it, I laughed and said I looked like I was ready to go to my prom. After you use it a few times, you will get faster and have beautiful curls in no time.  My sister has straight hair that never, ever curls.  She tried my Curl Secret and her hair not only curled but the curls lasted two days.  She bought her own Curl Secret.  Before using it, I watched several videos online.  During one of the videos I watched, the girl's hair started to get caught and I was able to watch how Curl Secret corrected itself.  She admitted that she used too big of a chunk of hair.  Final thoughts, if HSN gets this back in stock, try it. Take your time, small sections of hair AND if your hair gets caught, don't panic and pull, let Curl Secret auto correct. If you follow the directions, you will have beautiful, lasting curls. 

southernlights55 | Inspirer 2 | 03.27.2014 12:57 PM

Just an update - I am still loving my Curl Secret.  I am now able to get 3 days out of my curls with day 2 and 3 looking just as good as day 1. :smileyhappy:

SHARON818 | Advisor 1 | 03.28.2014 3:00 AM

I have this as well.

I am VERY careful when first using a new item. When I had long hair, I DID get my hair caught in it. It DID burn it a little. I didn't unplug it, I just turned it off. It took a little time to get my hair out but I did. It's a shame this doesn't come with a solution (like a quick release button or something).

All that said, this is a great styling tool! The curls stay in forever!  I haven't used it since I had 11" cut off, but I will be using it eventually!

Rosebud056 | Admirer 1 | 03.28.2014 11:26 PM 1 Person Smiled

I was one of the people that had an issue with this product.  It pulled my hair and did not release or correct itself.  I had to have my husband help me get my hair removed.  I wish it had worked for me, it was a really cool concept. And I liked the idea of the curls lasting longer.   I purchased 3, one for me and 2 for Christmas gifts and after that little misshhap, I returned all of them.  After returning this item, I purchased the Curlizer from Corioliss when it was a TS.  just tried it for the first time 3 days ago and it will take some getting used to but I think it will do what I want it to do. 

michick | Admirer 3 | 10.24.2013 2:01 AM 1 Person Smiled
Always compare prices and look at reviews or research ratings online for a product before purchasing. Just to give you an example I really liked this necklace that HSN had on a jewelry show but the price was not what I wanted to pay so I went to another website that might have simular type jewelry. The results the necklace that was $79.99 at HSN I got the exact not simular but the exact necklace for $20.00 a $60.00 savings without having to jump through hoops to get a discount. By the way the necklace was beautiful that I paid $20.00 for I love it.
BlkLabLover | Inspirer 1 | 10.19.2013 3:55 AM 1 Person Smiled
Thanks for the update blklablover and this helps others to determine which product viewer want. I think Hsn believe we do not shop around or check prices but just hit the button to buy without a thought.....only you were a keen observer and caught on to the switch and bait trick.

You're welcome. I just hope people went to the original item # I posted and read the reviews before they purchased it. I always read reviews before buying an item because they can make an item sound so great on TV but then you read the reviews and get the truth from the customers.
BlkLabLover | Inspirer 1 | 10.19.2013 3:52 AM
Oh My Gawd! They had their hair caught in it? Wow, that's a nightmare! I have ordered a few things from HSN and have been very happy with my purchases but I agree that they do indeed think we are dumb. They insult our intelligence when they are pitching products and now from what you are telling us it's worse than I thought. Shame on them!!

Not just caught in it but could smell their hair burning. A couple of people said they unplugged it quickly hoping it would stop burning. I would be upset if that happened to my hair.

I have bought a lot of stuff that I'm happy with too from HSN but I don't like the "tricks" they pull. They insult us by thinking we're stupid. I just looked and it's still showing the same price as the TS but it's not the TS any more. lol

I've gotten a few emails from Sally's Beauty about the BeLissPRO Curl Genius Professional Curl Machine that they sell which looks the same as this one. That's why I had this on my mind. lol
Lindascoffee | Advisor 3 | 10.18.2013 11:49 PM
Thanks for the update blklablover and this helps others to determine which product viewer want. I think Hsn believe we do not shop around or check prices but just hit the button to buy without a thought.....only you were a keen observer and caught on to the switch and bait trick.
MiamiSweety | Admirer 3 | 10.18.2013 8:45 PM
Oh My Gawd! They had their hair caught in it? Wow, that's a nightmare! I have ordered a few things from HSN and have been very happy with my purchases but I agree that they do indeed think we are dumb. They insult our intelligence when they are pitching products and now from what you are telling us it's worse than I thought. Shame on them!!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Inspirer 1
BlkLabLover

Are HSN Customers STU PID???

HSN must think so. They changed the item number for the Infinity PRO by Conair Curl Secret Automatic Curler and made it the TS. If you look at item #280-950 it's the SAME item with MORE extras. You get the TS with LESS extras but they raised the price so they could lower it back to the original price making you think you're getting a deal.

What You Get with Item #280-950:
4 Hair clips (2 purple, 2 clear)
Blush brush
Eye shadow brush
Lip brush
Eyelash curler brush
Sponge applicator brush
Cosmetic bag

What You Get with Item #293-316 (TS)
Easy-twist chamber cleaner
You Style 2-in-1 brush
1-year SELF magazine subscription

I guess they did that also because the reviews were horrible on this item.

2.6 out of 198 reviews gave it 5 Stars

48 people gave it 5 Stars
18 people gave it 4 Stars
24 people gave it 3 Stars
23 people gave it 2 Stars
85 people gave it 1 Star

If you ordered this, just beware. I heard that a lot of people had to cut their hair because they couldn't get the unit to release it. I wish this did work because I would have purchased it myself but I love my hair too much to risk it after reading all the bad reviews. When I noticed there were no reviews on the TS and there was no mention of it being improved I knew HSN did a switch. [-x [-x [-x
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MiamiSweety

RE: Are HSN Customers STU PID???

Please use plain text.
Advisor 3
Lindascoffee

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
BlkLabLover

Not just caught in it but could smell their hair burning. A couple of people said they unplugged it quickly hoping it would stop burning. I would be upset if that happened to my hair.

I have bought a lot of stuff that I'm happy with too from HSN but I don't like the "tricks" they pull. They insult us by thinking we're stupid. I just looked and it's still showing the same price as the TS but it's not the TS any more. lol

I've gotten a few emails from Sally's Beauty about the BeLissPRO Curl Genius Professional Curl Machine that they sell which looks the same as this one. That's why I had this on my mind. lol
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
BlkLabLover

You're welcome. I just hope people went to the original item # I posted and read the reviews before they purchased it. I always read reviews before buying an item because they can make an item sound so great on TV but then you read the reviews and get the truth from the customers.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
michick

Always compare prices and look at reviews or research ratings online for a product before purchasing. Just to give you an example I really liked this necklace that HSN had on a jewelry show but the price was not what I wanted to pay so I went to another website that might have simular type jewelry. The results the necklace that was $79.99 at HSN I got the exact not simular but the exact necklace for $20.00 a $60.00 savings without having to jump through hoops to get a discount. By the way the necklace was beautiful that I paid $20.00 for I love it.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
southernlights55

Re: Are HSN Customers STU PID???

I know this is an old post, but I have to post in case someone searches and find this about Conair's Curl Secret.  First, I appreciate when HSN takes a product and eliminates some of the add ons and the price is reduced for a TS. Many times, I don't want the adds on and would rather save a few bucks.  Second, talking about the product burning hair and cutting hair off is rather extreme. My hair is more than half way down my back.  It is not healthy hair.  I dye it, curl it, straighten, pretty much abuse my hair.  I own the Curl Secret and love it.  No, I didn't buy on HSN because it was sold out. The secret is to take small sections.  My hair got caught once and Curl Secret corrected itself.  No, I didn't have to cut my hair.  No, I didn't burn my hair. If you take your time and work around your head, you will have beautiful curls that last for a couple days.  The first time I used it, I laughed and said I looked like I was ready to go to my prom. After you use it a few times, you will get faster and have beautiful curls in no time.  My sister has straight hair that never, ever curls.  She tried my Curl Secret and her hair not only curled but the curls lasted two days.  She bought her own Curl Secret.  Before using it, I watched several videos online.  During one of the videos I watched, the girl's hair started to get caught and I was able to watch how Curl Secret corrected itself.  She admitted that she used too big of a chunk of hair.  Final thoughts, if HSN gets this back in stock, try it. Take your time, small sections of hair AND if your hair gets caught, don't panic and pull, let Curl Secret auto correct. If you follow the directions, you will have beautiful, lasting curls. 

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
southernlights55

Just an update - I am still loving my Curl Secret.  I am now able to get 3 days out of my curls with day 2 and 3 looking just as good as day 1. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor 1
SHARON818

I have this as well.

I am VERY careful when first using a new item. When I had long hair, I DID get my hair caught in it. It DID burn it a little. I didn't unplug it, I just turned it off. It took a little time to get my hair out but I did. It's a shame this doesn't come with a solution (like a quick release button or something).

All that said, this is a great styling tool! The curls stay in forever!  I haven't used it since I had 11" cut off, but I will be using it eventually!

Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Rosebud056

I was one of the people that had an issue with this product.  It pulled my hair and did not release or correct itself.  I had to have my husband help me get my hair removed.  I wish it had worked for me, it was a really cool concept. And I liked the idea of the curls lasting longer.   I purchased 3, one for me and 2 for Christmas gifts and after that little misshhap, I returned all of them.  After returning this item, I purchased the Curlizer from Corioliss when it was a TS.  just tried it for the first time 3 days ago and it will take some getting used to but I think it will do what I want it to do. 

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
9 Replies
10.18.2013 4:46 PM
4 Smiles
7 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...