Admirer 1
AliciaRox

Alicia Perez and the importance of HSN hosts

Alicia Perez is unbelievably cute -and- beautiful.My only caveat would be her wardrobe on-air.It's frumpy and for the most part drab.I saw her doing a show with a black dress on and she looked totally amazing.This morning she is doing the ready-to-wear make-up show and is gorgeous from the neck up,but gawd that awful white maternity shirt,and usual shapeless black capri pants or whatever she has ruins her look thoroughly.

The appearance of on-air hosts is dispositively-critical and directly related to the popularity and commercial success of the show they're doing.While it may seem sexist,the pragmatic reality is that almost every female HSN host needs a serious makeover,wardrobe-wise.Attractive hosts like Alicia should be encouraged to accenuate their beauty and femininity,rather than continue to be stuck in the unisex frump mode.Cmon HSN hostesses you can do better than an over-sized button down shirt and leggings...lol. #-o
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WhoRU

RE: Alicia Perez and the importance of HSN hosts

Some of the hosts have undergone huge transformations over the years, from both HSN and QVC. Patti Reilly, Kathy Wolfe, and especially Rachel Huber have really gone through metamorphosis in recent years- some (or more) will disagree, but for the most part it was for the better (perceived personality issues some viewers may have excepted).

And Diana Perkovic, HSN's resident beauty maven, for years had this very short and (my opinion) unflattering hairstyle (she's much more beautiful with longer hair). There's been others from homeshopping days gone by who's look changed drastically (and for the better) from the day they began to the day they left; Christa Pitts, Kim Parrish, Lynn Tucker to name just a few.

As for Ms. Perez- if you wanted to name the Top 5 natural beauties at HSN, Alicia would probably be on most people's lists. And I remember the show you were talking about, I think Alicia was wearing a dress from Tiana B....and she looked like a movie star. Now, while I don't suggest she wear that outfit while demonstrating power washers and steam cleaners, she is admittedly stunning when she glams it up a bit.

I think I heard her say that right after she was hired she immediately broke her foot, and spent her first few months at HSN behind a desk selling jewelry- and packing on pounds from her inactivity, which she subsequently lost.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
AliciaRox

Thanks for the reply,you make several excellent points.I agree Diana Perkovic's look has improved 10 fold.The most important point you make is about Alicia's wardrobe while hosting a non-glam show such as power washers.This is incredibly salient to another point I was making in another thread about host scheduling.Why on earth you have male hosts like Bill or the living-off-his-accent Adam do jewelry and fashion shows and have a host like Alicia do powerwashers is incredulous to me.The very thought is stupifying.Again,not to be sexist,but geesh who is going to sell more jewelry/fashion and entice more viewers,an openly-gay male host,an irreverant,self-caricature like Adam or a glammed-up,beautiful female host like Alicia ? That answer seems rhetorical.There is no rhyme or reason to HSN host scheduling,this is 90% of the problem.Match hosts to their most well-suited product line HSN...gawd ](*,)
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
karrieann

she is very lovely.... to look at. but her voice gets me. it has a distinct 'peter brady goes puberty' sound to it. it is always cracking and breaking. it makes it difficult for me to watch her, er, rather, listen to her.

i personally dont watch many jewelry shows, but i was under the impression that bill was a gem 'expert' but i honestly dont know. i think i also read here that alicia has a jewelry background. but i would think that since the majority of HSN sales are jewelry that hsn would go with the more 'proven' hosts first. i have no doubt that alicia will move up in the ranks, but she is still cutting her teeth, so to speak. i can't imagine selling power washers is the first choice for any host, but it is a good way to hone their craft.

fear not my sexist friend, aliciarox (lol), the woman of your desire will turn into a breathtaking swan before your very eyes.
Who seeks a faultless friend remains friendless.

~Turkish proverb
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WhoRU

she is very lovely.... to look at. but her voice gets me. it has a distinct 'peter brady goes puberty' sound to it. it is always cracking and breaking. it makes it difficult for me to watch her, er, rather, listen to her.

i personally dont watch many jewelry shows, but i was under the impression that bill was a gem 'expert' but i honestly dont know. i think i also read here that alicia has a jewelry background. but i would think that since the majority of HSN sales are jewelry that hsn would go with the more 'proven' hosts first. i have no doubt that alicia will move up in the ranks, but she is still cutting her teeth, so to speak. i can't imagine selling power washers is the first choice for any host, but it is a good way to hone their craft.

fear not my sexist friend, aliciarox (lol), the woman of your desire will turn into a breathtaking swan before your very eyes.

What I think is funny are the several people who have responded to "aliciarox" as "Alicia"; they haven't caught on that "she" is not what (or who) "she" appears to be, LOL!

Anyway Alicia PEREZ, the REAL Alicia (female variety, LOL!) is studying to become a gemologist (according to host bio), and I believe she did work at one of the jewelry based networks before she came to HSN.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
QueenCeleste2

In response to one of the replies, I think Andy and Bill are wonderful at presenting jewelry. Bill was in that business (even before HSN) for many years, and knows his stuff. I love his professionalism, humor, and adorable personality. He is a seasoned host, and that is far preferable to me than newcomers, glamorous or otherwise.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
karrieann

WhoRU~

yep AliciaRox is 'into' the ladies, but i am unsure as to if AliciaRox is a man or a woman. could go either way.
Who seeks a faultless friend remains friendless.

~Turkish proverb
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MissyW1

I never see Alicia on? I really like her.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
egoslayer

Rachel huber the other night was saying how they have a dress code and aren't allowed to wear certain colors like red or wear dresses.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
TexasBarbie

What I think is funny are the several people who have responded to "aliciarox" as "Alicia"; they haven't caught on that "she" is not what (or who) "she" appears to be, LOL!

Neither is Shannon! :-#
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.