Rock Collectors, Diamond Girls and Gem Lovers... Mark your calendars!

by Host ColleenLopez on ‎02-27-2012 11:24 AM (191 Views)

If you're a "rock hound" like I am, the Tucson Gem show should definitely be on your Bucket List!
It's a trip I look forward to every February, as it's a chance to meet up with old and new friends, and hunt down the most beautiful natural gem wonders that the world has to offer!
This year, we actually found "Diamonds in the Rough" when we stopped by the Herkimer Diamonds booth at the show! We had a chance to visit with the owner of the Herkimer Diamond Mine, Dr. Renee Scialdo Shevat, and we were fascinated to learn all about these 500 million-year-old, natural beauties!
Herkimer Quartz crystals are double terminated stones. They have points on each end and are mined in Herkimer County, New York. They form in pockets of the Cambrian-age host rock, called Little Falls Dolosite, and were deposited over half a billion years ago! They were first discovered by the Mohawk Indians and early American settlers, and have always been held in high esteem for their exceptional beauty and unique properties. Herkimer Quartz crystals are naturally formed in a diamond-shape and have eighteen natural facets. They come out of the stone pockets looking like cut diamonds, hence the name Herkimer diamonds!

Herkimer Quartz diamonds are said to have many metaphysical properties. In fact, some believe that these stones activate the "third eye" and enhance the dream state. Herkimer diamonds have been used for prayer and meditation for centuries. I have to admit – we were all mesmerized by these dreamy stones and loved hearing all the history and lore attached to them!

The most exciting news of all is that HSN is going to offer our first-ever Herkimer Today's Special on March 11th! Designer Deb Guyot has teamed up with the owners of the Herkimer Diamond Mines to bring us a onetime-only offer on Herkimer diamonds! We will feature a Herkimer diamond tennis necklace at the lowest price ever offered anywhere in the world! I can't tell you how excited we are! I hope you can tune in at midnight, as we're sure these beauties will sell out fast.

So, to all of my fellow rock collectors, diamond girls, gem lovers and jewelry mavens... mark your calendars for March 11th at midnight. Deb Guyot and I will have your Herkimer "Dream" Necklace waiting for you!
Happy Trails,
Colleen
XO

Comments
by Host ShivanSarna on ‎02-29-2012 12:12 PM

Cannot wait Colleen!

by slu925406_1 on ‎03-01-2012 02:49 PM

I am looking forward to it as well. I am about 1 hour away from that mine and I think that I may take a day trip up there in the summer to check it out. How much fun would that be!

by SugarBear5583 on ‎03-01-2012 05:14 PM

I love your designer gallery shows, Colleen! The ombre metallic potays rock!

by Admirer 1 dina3 Admirer 1 on ‎03-02-2012 12:44 AM

Hi Colleen,,,can you please tell me how Deb Guyot's upcoming TS differs from the other Herkimer tennis-style necklaces she offered in the past? I bought 2 of her necklaces, one 18 and one 21 inches. Is the new one a bigger carat weight? Thanks for your time!

by misscathey on ‎03-03-2012 01:58 AM

Cant wait Colleen how exciting they look beautiful.

by BerkeleyHamilto on ‎03-04-2012 12:06 AM

Tuscon is FABULOUS! Thanks for the reappearance of your jewelry storage boxes. After adding 5 more, I may need to rethink our closet shelving system again! Will the bracelet and cuff box ever reappear? I love that one and just need a few more! Thanks!

by hometowngirl on ‎03-06-2012 12:05 AM

I cannot wait for this upcoming designer gallery show! Can't wait to see the t.s. with Deb Guyot. I keep looking at HSN.com. I am in a herkimer frenzy right now! You two always have such a great show together.

by kabean on ‎03-06-2012 11:02 AM

Can you preview the tennis necklace now or before it goes on air?

by Shopahoplic on ‎03-07-2012 02:28 PM

I love the way you and Colleen present all the beautiful jewelry. I have several items now and love them all.

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:35 PM

Hi Kabean!
We won't be previewing the Herkimer Necklace - we have a very limited amount to go around - so HSN will not be doing presales on this. Hope you can join us at midnight on Saturday! XO

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:37 PM

Hi Homeatowngirl!
It's a Herkimer frenzy.....I love it! Deb's Herkimer line up looks incredible....I'm so excited for Sunday - Saturday night at midnight! If you call in to order - I hope we get to talk to you live on the air! XO

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:40 PM

Hi BH! You would laugh if you saw my "shelving system" that holds my boxes - we made the shelves to fit the Prestige boxes and it's working out great :smileyhappy: Yes, the watch/bracelet box is coming back this spring - a new design that we think works even better! Thanks so much for watching!

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:41 PM

Thank you, Cathy! The necklace is stunning - elegant simplicity. Hope you can watch at midnight on Saturday! XO

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:43 PM

Hi Dina! Lucky you - with 2 tennis necklaces already! The TS necklace measures from 17 - 19 inches - it's the same size at the $329 21" necklace - but the price is so much more affordable!! Thanks for being such a great customer! Enjoy your Herks :-)

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:45 PM

Thank you, SugarBear! So glad you enjoy our shows - and the new potays!!
Hope you can watch Sunday for our Designer Gallery Event - show times are:
Sat 11:00 pm - Sun 2:00 am Deb Guyot
Sun 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Sajen, Murano Glass
Sun 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm Christine Darren, Sajen, Deb Guyot

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:46 PM

Hi Slu!
I would love to go Herkimer mining sometime....you're lucky you're so close - treasure hunting in your own back yard!! XO

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:47 PM

Thank you, Sweet Friend! Love ya, Shivan!

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-07-2012 05:56 PM

Thank you Shop! We love you too!

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-08-2012 01:30 PM

HI Kabean! We have a very limited amount of the Herkimer TS necklaces and will not be able to preview or off presales. Hope you can join us at midnight on Saturday!

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-09-2012 03:00 PM

Hi Kabean! We have such a limited quantity of our Herkimer Today's Special that we won't be able to offer presale or a preview. Hope you can join me tomorrow night at midnight when we launch it :-) Thanks so much! XO

by Posh52 on ‎03-09-2012 08:48 PM

Colleen - do you have any idea when Bounkit will be back? I thought you had mentioned that it would be in March the last time he was on. I absolutely love his jewelry. Love watching you!

by DaxterKat on ‎03-10-2012 01:57 PM

I know designer Gallery is all about real stones, but I really miss the rhinestone jewelry like Suzanne Somers used to bring. Any chance you could work with some of her vendors and bring back the glitz?
Also, box-wise, I would really like some of those necklace "envelopes" that come with fine jewelry necklaces from the jewelry store. I collect rhinestone and crystal necklaces, and they are often too fragile for any other type of storage. Anti tarnish would be great!

by Admirer 3 REDDI Admirer 3 on ‎03-11-2012 05:21 PM

Oh, Colleen!: You and Deb had a wonderful show last night at 12:00mn! SOOOOooooo much fun!!!--until it ended early. :smileyhappy: & :smileysad:
As an advanced birthday present, I've got the Herkimer necklace, bracelet and earrings coming! I'm so excited I could scream. I thank you and Deb (and my DH) for allowing me this gift!
BTW: In this house we love you; always have; always will.
TC Dear Colleen!

by lilpaw on ‎03-11-2012 06:17 PM

Hi Colleen, Thank you so much for your jewelry shows. I have found your explainations about how stones are sourced, where they come from, and the identification and cutting of them so interesting that it has developed into a new hobby for me and I am going to be starting my studies with the GIA soon to get my gemologist degree. Thanks to you, Jay King, and Victoria Wiec for the inspiration - this is not for any professional use it is just for my own education - any advice?

by flymeaway on ‎03-11-2012 10:16 PM

As one who has a significant amount of jewelry, your folding jewelry keeper is a great idea. However, if you add a hook at the top, we would be able to hang them in our closets between clothes so as to be hidden and safe. Also, hanging is better for necklaces and pendants than folding. I do not have enough space to use and hide your boxes, literally. My family would be horrified if they knew how much jewelry I have. Hanging helps me keep my privacy. Tool boxes do not have flexzorb. HELP!!!

by borban on ‎03-12-2012 01:32 AM

Colleen--you and Deb Guyot presented the beautiful herkimer quartz items tonight...bought the "trapeze" necklace. Called in to order the petite drop earrings (182-150).I didn't have the item number, and the order person ordered the one she thought it was. When I discovered it was the wrong one, cancelled it, and tried to order the above, and told they were sold out, with no waitlist. WOULD YOU PLEASE TRY TO BRING THIS ITEM BACK...LOVE THE STYLE AND THE SIZE. THANKS!! peggy.obanion@gmail.com

by MissBera_1 on ‎03-14-2012 06:58 PM

My Dear Colleen,
Since you are the reigning jewelry genius at HSN, I hope you can solve this problem. The new bronze and copper jewelry lines are beautiful, however I can't wear the bronze and copper rings because they stain my fingers after just an hour and the stain doesn't wash off. It makes me feel cheap and childish, even dirty, with a big green gray smudge on my finger that won't wash off. So, please beging using stainless steel in the shanks of these rings to stop this problem.

by MissBera_1 on ‎03-14-2012 07:02 PM

Also, I forgot to mention, Anji and Carrie are pretty and pretty impressive. I saw Carrie hosting an early a.m. Xavier program a couple days ago, alone, and she was nearly flawless. Congrats and good luck. Colleen, my dear, you have to figure out a way to solve the skin staining from bronze and copper rings. The clear lacquer doesn't work. There must be a way to incorporate stainless steel into the shanks of these rings. You go girl! I know you can do it. XX. Beryl

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-15-2012 11:34 AM

Hi Miss Bera,
Anji and Carrie are both fantastic! I will be sure to pass on your nice compliment!
You can leave them both a message on their Facebook pages - I'm sure you'll make their day!

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-15-2012 11:37 AM

Hi MissBera,
Thanks for your message. Yes, copper and bronze are beautiful and both medals will tarnish. Some of us to not react to these medals the way you do - I don't get any discoloration at all from wearing them - but everybody's body chemistry is different. A few things you can try - first - be sure to remove all soap, hand lotion and chemicals from your hands before wearing your jewelry - these could be causing the problem. To be continued.....

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-15-2012 11:45 AM

Be sure to wipe your copper and bronze jewelry with a polishing cloth after each wear and store them in a plastic bag or I recommend our Prestige Anti Tarnish Jewelry boxes. I have heard some people soaking their copper and bronze jewelry in Worcestershire Sauce (no kidding) and you can also try applying clear nail polish to the inside of the band to provide a barrier. I will talk to our buyers about offering a product to help with these issues in the future. Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-15-2012 11:46 AM

Hi Peggy,
Sorry you missed the earrings, but if you put your name on wait list there's a good chance we can get you a pair when they come back in stock :-) Enjoy!

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-15-2012 11:48 AM

Excellent idea, Flymeaway!!! I will discuss this with our Prestige design team....I think your idea of a hanging anti-tarnish jewelry storage system is a great one and we will get to work on it - Stay tuned!! XO

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-15-2012 11:52 AM

Hi Lilpaw! Congratulations on your gemstone studies! A few years ago I earned my AJP from the GIA - I leaned so much and it further inspired my love of gemstones! I would say to have fun - look for local gem and mineral shows to attend in your area (I try to do this as often as I can). It's always fun to rub elbows with others who share your passion - enjoy the journey! There's always something new to learn in the world of gems....All the best to you!

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-15-2012 11:53 AM

Thank you so much for your sweet message, Reddi!! I hope you LOVE your new Deb Guyot Herkimer Jewelry - Wear them in good health! Thank you so much for watching and shopping with us! xoxo

by ColleenLopez_3 on ‎03-15-2012 11:57 AM

Hi Daxter! First of all - I will be sure to talk to our buyers about anti-tarnish necklace envelopes - great idea! I love sparkle too - and HSN has so many gorgeous jewelry collections for girls you love to shine! Check out Joan Boyce, Heidi Dause, Akkad, Rita Hayworth Collection, Victoria Weick, Jean Dusset just to name a few! Sparkle, sparkle!

by Posh52 on ‎03-18-2012 12:09 PM

Colleen - so sorry to bother you again but you never answered my previous question. Do you know if Bounkit jewelry will be back? I thought I remember you saying that there was going to be a small presentation last December and then a larger one in March but I don't see him coming up. I love Mr.Bounkit's designs and am hoping he's not too busy to come up with another collection. I absolutely love watching you - you are a very classy and beautiful lady.

by DaxterKat on ‎03-22-2012 08:00 PM

Colleen, you are far and away the best jewelry presenter in all of home shopping. You show all the little details I need to know, like the type of clasp, if there's an extender, if the fit is true, all that sort of info. Please consider holding seminars to train the other hosts. Some are pretty good, but some are terrible. I'd buy more jewelry if I had more info...just sayin'

by Admirer 2 AprilShowers Admirer 2 on ‎03-23-2012 01:54 AM

I just received and filled the new earring box. I gathered up all of my earrings and actually found some I had forgotten about!! Anyway, it's a great idea and looks so pretty filled with all of my beautiful earrings. Honestly, it looks fantastic on my dresser!!Thanks...Love It..

by vonny789 on ‎07-01-2012 05:56 PM

colleen saturday you had on a pretty black dress and the necklace was the prettiest necklace i have seen in a while it was black and gold ,where can i get that necklace from. i enjoy watching you cooridinate your outfits,best dress lady on hsn

by stevie555 on ‎12-18-2012 07:05 PM

Dear Colleen
Just bought the gold 24x camera and saw you wearing gorgeous gold bracelets on your right wrist, Where to buy? Would appreciate your info so much!

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.