DarleneCahill | Partner | 08.25.2009 6:35 PM

Darlenes Thread

Hi Sewing Friends,Happy National Month of Sewing!!! We’ll be keeping you in stitches weekly throughout the month of September so check the program guide and join us for our airings. My first piece of newsworthy info will put a smile on the face of all the embroidery enthusiasts.I am happy to report that we now have an update to make the SINGER Futura Vista 64 bit compatible.This update is for all configurations of the Futura: CE-150, CE-250, CE-350 and SES-1000. Singer as always, continues to listen to your requests and keep up with the latest technology.Many of your favorite Today’s Special machines will be making a command performance this month with special Introductory Pricing. If you missed out on any of the Today’s Special, we’ll be featuring our January TS, the SINGER Athena …our April TS, the SINGER Stylist electronic/serger duo and the ever-popular SINGER Futura 150 with all the software from April 2008.Embroidery enthusiasts remember that we have three new Melrose 40 Wt. Tri-lobal polyester embroidery value packs available on auto ship. Signing up will get you your first value pack at home followed by a different value pack four months later. By the end of the year, your thread collection will include our most popular colors!

NEW ITEMS

SERGER THREADMelrose is proud to introduce the world launch of my brand new SERGER THREAD available in a value pack. Each pack has twelve 300 yard polyester serger thread consisting of four white, four tan and four grey cone spools. These threads will work on any serger and blend with almost any fabrics. Value packed for Value pricing--
BROTHER is introducing the PE770 embroidery machine to all our viewers. This embroidery only machine will now have a finger drive portal for inserting entire embroidery design discs.
BROTHER will also be introducing their ELS or Embroidery Lettering System software.
SINGER is introducing the next generation of the Quantum 5 thread serger.

REPURPOSING

Almost any large piece of cloth has the potential for a new life. It could be a tablecloth, a set of curtains, a bedspread or even a scarf. In our travels to Greece, there were no fabric store so I purchased a large cotton embroidered tablecloth. I figured that once it was turned it into a jumpsuit, I’d be a step ahead since the beautiful embroidery was already completed. The piece you’re looking at is the bodice and it was screaming for a surface embellishment. First, press a seam every inch and a quarter.Press a seam every inch and a quarter
Then, sew a ½" pleat on every seam being careful to make each seam the same length.Sew a ½ inch pleat on every seam
Open the pleats and Press them flat with the seam going down the center back. Then mark every other pleat every other inch with a small dot. Mark every two inches alternating pleats.Mark every two inches alternating pleats.
Fold the tiny pleat inward over the small dot and bartack. For best results, use your button attachment foot and a zig-zag in place for 6-8 stitches.Fold the tiny pleat inward
You may notice that I used the border of the tablecloth for the neckline, waistband and sleeve bands. It’s certainly unique and will remind me of Greece every time I put it on!It will reminds me of Greece every time I put it on!

EMBROIDERY

This month I wanted to share a SINGER Futura PHOTO-STITCH tip. The Photo-Stitch wizard will take you through the process with step by step instructional windows but until you have completed a few embroideries, you may have a limited understanding of how each window ’s function will affect your finished stitched out photograph.
After you have chosen the photo, you’ll be asked to decide on the technique you would prefer to use. Let’s discuss the most realistic color photo stitch out today. When you click “Running Stitch” a color version of the photo will appear on the right including a graphic of the stitches pattern.choose photo
Next, the cropping window will appear which allows you to zero in on the area you would like to embroider by giving you the option to diminish the borders. In this case, I only wanted Pickle’s face, not her entire body so I clicked and dragged to move the lines or “crop” the photo.cropping window
If you change the measurement to “inches” and highlight and then type in 4.25 in the width window, the finished picture will fit nicely in your large hoop. The height will automatically readjust itself.measurement
I reduced colors to 30 on this screen. When I selected automatically reduce colors, the program chose 10 colors. You have to determine how much detail you would like to see in the finished picture and how much time you are willing to spend making it. Remember, 30 colors means 30 thread changes.colors
This last setting that I wanted to bring to your attention is the stitch density. The default is set at 10. With 10 you’ll get a finished product rather quickly but it will have larger stitches and little detail.In the first Photo-Stitch out I used 10 mm stitch density and in the second Photo-Stitch out I reduced it to 6mm. You can see the difference in detail. In both Photo-Stitch outs I used only 10 colors. I changed from red to a deep rose for the picture on the right. The second stitch out took over five hours. I could have used 30 colors but I didn’t want to be late for the show?stitch density
stitch density 10mmstitch density 6mm
Thanks for reading my blog this month~ Celebrate your creativity~ Think out of the box~ Reward yourself with a bubble bath~ Enjoy the process~ See you on-air.
Sew Your Dreams,
Darlene Cahill

When to Watch

HSN Celebrates National Sewing Month

September 1
11 pm Singer
September 2
10 am Brother
September 5
10 am Singer
4 pm Singer
September 8
7 am Brother
6 pm Singer
September 13
7 am Singer
September 15
6 am Singer
5 pm Singer
September 19
1 pm Singer
September 22
6 am Brother
6 pm Singer
Add your reply here...
COMMENTS
CarolMD | New Friend | 01.05.2010 7:00 PM

Hi Darlene. I have the Singer Futura SES 1000. I love it, however, I recently received a Windows 7 equiped computer as a gift for Christmas and the installation software will not work. I have tried downloading the patch for Vista and it still does not work. Any suggestions?

annmariepulchan | New Friend | 12.18.2009 1:47 PM

HI DARLENE. THE BROTHER SEWING MACHINE HE-240.HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD FROM MY COMPUTER TO MY SEWING MACHINE. PLEASE HELP .

SherryPA | New Friend | 10.11.2009 6:23 PM

I would like the website for the free fonts for the Singer Futura CE250. Thanks.

palominozKY | New Friend | 10.10.2009 8:20 PM

Hello! I was wondering where the video went for the Brother 100+ stitch machine? I bought it last week and went to review the video today and it was no longer there! Any chance that it will be replaced? Thank you for a wonderful job!

SherryPA | New Friend | 10.09.2009 5:54 PM

I have a singer ses 1000. Can you get hoops bigger then the 5x7?

SherryPA | New Friend | 10.08.2009 2:13 AM

I ordered the Singer Futura CE-250 to only be shorted the accessories that should have come with the system. HSN said they could not do anything but give me a partial refund on the package. How ridiculous!!! It is brand new. Don't they stand behind their customers by contacting the manufacterers and making them make good on their neglegence?

9342 | New Friend | 10.07.2009 3:04 PM

Singer responded yesterday. There is a problem with the download from the website so they are mailing out CD's for the 64 bit vista...wonder what will happen with the windows7???

KathyNV | New Friend | 10.06.2009 8:45 PM

Yes I know the difference between the ce's and ses, really wanted those feet but sold out. STILL HAVE PROBLEM...receive transfer download error message everytime I try to get the update for the 64bit driver from the singer website. Haven't been able to use my machine yet. And it's been a week and no response from Singer. Is there another website that is carrying the download????

KathrynSC | New Friend | 10.04.2009 11:45 PM

BF,AL
Thank-you for the info.

BFAL | New Friend | 10.04.2009 3:14 PM

Hi,
Sometimes the information here takes a while to be updated. If you go to Darlen's web site it is usually current. Her website is her first and last name and you know the rest (com).

KathrynSC | New Friend | 10.03.2009 4:58 PM

Darlene Cahill, I would like your email address. I heard you say that you receive many emails but I cannot locate your email address on the sewing section. I have written questions on this blog and have not received any answers. I figured that you did not have my email address so I tried to send it to you greatfully it was not printed on this blog. How many machines do you have? I am torn between the Singer 7470 and the Brother 294 stitch special edition? which one is your preference?

BFAL | New Friend | 10.03.2009 4:56 AM

Hi,
For the fonts I use Font Garden. Its been working very good on my SES-1000.

DebraOH | New Friend | 10.03.2009 1:05 AM

Vista 64 bit runs fine, print instruction & follow & everything loaded first time. SES1000 is the CE-150, sticker covers this on my book. However, you are getting all those extra feet! That is the difference. Do you want more attachments or the little design stitches. I dont use the little designs on my old machine, and every foot I needed wasn't cheep! All the machines have the Auto Punch, HyperFont, Cross-Stitch & PhotoStitch. Called Singer and talk about customer service, real people answer!

KathyNV | New Friend | 10.02.2009 11:39 PM

The download for the vista 64bit does not work. You wait, go through the install process only to receive an error message. This whole sewing machine purchase has been a mess. First ordered the ses1000 but received the ce150,returned it to get the ses1000 and it was sold out. Ended up with the ce250 but now I cant even use it. 2 months of frustration. So disappointed.

GeriSC | New Friend | 10.02.2009 7:33 PM

I too would like to know where the free fonts are you mentioned on TV during sewing month

9342 | New Friend | 10.02.2009 3:33 PM

I would also like to know where to find the free fonts you mentioned on air. Thank you.

MarlaFL | New Friend | 10.01.2009 5:44 PM

Darlene: During one of your shows last week you stated you were going to have a link for 100's of FREE fonts. Also where can I find the clipart and embroidery designs that are freethat were mentioned in Kimie from Ga comment. I can't find the link...can you help me??

deeLA | New Friend | 10.01.2009 5:16 PM

dear mrs. darlene are you going sell singer 250 again?

LorettaPA | New Friend | 10.01.2009 12:57 PM

Hi Darlene: When will HSN receive more Singer SES 1000 or Futura 250?

KimieGA | New Friend | 10.01.2009 12:43 AM

Dear Darlene, I purchased the SES1000, Singer 2010 and the 5-thread top of the line Serger. Can you tell me where I can find the clipart you mentioned on air. Also. embroidery designs for free. Thank you.

JoannMD | New Friend | 09.30.2009 12:00 PM

I just purchased the Brother HE-240 Sewing and Embroidery machine. Does this machine do Free Standing Lace?

JANIETX | New Friend | 09.30.2009 5:05 AM

HI DARLENE, I PURCHASE THE GOLDEN RULE PATTERN MAKER BUT I COULDN'T GET THE XL AND XXL ONES I PUT IN THE OR NUMBER BUT IT SAID THAT THEY COULDN'T FIND IT SO CAN YOU PUT IT UP AGAIN SO I CAN PURCHASE IT THE NUMBER WAS 267-226 I GOT IT WHEN YOU WERE SHOWING THE GOLDEN RULE AND I WROTE DOWN THE NUMBER BUT I JUST COULDN'T ORDER IT. THANK YOU BY THE WAY I ORDERED THE FUTURA 250 I CAN HARDLY WAIT TIL IT GETS HERE.......

9342 | New Friend | 09.29.2009 11:33 PM

Darlene, you mentioned there FREE FONTS....how do I get those?

JuneTX | New Friend | 09.29.2009 8:43 AM

Hi Darlene & Ladies,
I, too, enjoy all your demos. I would also like to see the videos available for personal referENCE. I would also like the like for the multitude of free fonts and other such that you have mentioned on air.
Keep up your great presentations. You are an excellent and well informed seamstress. My mother was a professionally trained tailor and taught me to sew like that so I sincerely appreciate the beauty of your work.

BFAL | New Friend | 09.28.2009 5:58 PM

Hi HSN and Darlene, The Singer 7470 DESCRIPTION and VIDEO does not match up. The description offers lots of extras but they not mention at video presentation. Some items missing on presentation are: DVD, arm with accessory storage , Cording foot (bonus), Darning and embroidery foot (bonus), Ruffler (bonus), Vinyl dust cover and Carry handle that folds. Can someone double check this information and make sure it comes with the items before I and more people order it? Thanks

Add your reply here...

National Sewing Month

by Partner DarleneCahill on ‎08-25-2009 06:35 PM (116 Views)

Darlenes Thread

Hi Sewing Friends,Happy National Month of Sewing!!! We’ll be keeping you in stitches weekly throughout the month of September so check the program guide and join us for our airings. My first piece of newsworthy info will put a smile on the face of all the embroidery enthusiasts.I am happy to report that we now have an update to make the SINGER Futura Vista 64 bit compatible.This update is for all configurations of the Futura: CE-150, CE-250, CE-350 and SES-1000. Singer as always, continues to listen to your requests and keep up with the latest technology.Many of your favorite Today’s Special machines will be making a command performance this month with special Introductory Pricing. If you missed out on any of the Today’s Special, we’ll be featuring our January TS, the SINGER Athena …our April TS, the SINGER Stylist electronic/serger duo and the ever-popular SINGER Futura 150 with all the software from April 2008.Embroidery enthusiasts remember that we have three new Melrose 40 Wt. Tri-lobal polyester embroidery value packs available on auto ship. Signing up will get you your first value pack at home followed by a different value pack four months later. By the end of the year, your thread collection will include our most popular colors!

NEW ITEMS

SERGER THREADMelrose is proud to introduce the world launch of my brand new SERGER THREAD available in a value pack. Each pack has twelve 300 yard polyester serger thread consisting of four white, four tan and four grey cone spools. These threads will work on any serger and blend with almost any fabrics. Value packed for Value pricing--
BROTHER is introducing the PE770 embroidery machine to all our viewers. This embroidery only machine will now have a finger drive portal for inserting entire embroidery design discs.
BROTHER will also be introducing their ELS or Embroidery Lettering System software.
SINGER is introducing the next generation of the Quantum 5 thread serger.

REPURPOSING

Almost any large piece of cloth has the potential for a new life. It could be a tablecloth, a set of curtains, a bedspread or even a scarf. In our travels to Greece, there were no fabric store so I purchased a large cotton embroidered tablecloth. I figured that once it was turned it into a jumpsuit, I’d be a step ahead since the beautiful embroidery was already completed. The piece you’re looking at is the bodice and it was screaming for a surface embellishment. First, press a seam every inch and a quarter.Press a seam every inch and a quarter
Then, sew a ½" pleat on every seam being careful to make each seam the same length.Sew a ½ inch pleat on every seam
Open the pleats and Press them flat with the seam going down the center back. Then mark every other pleat every other inch with a small dot. Mark every two inches alternating pleats.Mark every two inches alternating pleats.
Fold the tiny pleat inward over the small dot and bartack. For best results, use your button attachment foot and a zig-zag in place for 6-8 stitches.Fold the tiny pleat inward
You may notice that I used the border of the tablecloth for the neckline, waistband and sleeve bands. It’s certainly unique and will remind me of Greece every time I put it on!It will reminds me of Greece every time I put it on!

EMBROIDERY

This month I wanted to share a SINGER Futura PHOTO-STITCH tip. The Photo-Stitch wizard will take you through the process with step by step instructional windows but until you have completed a few embroideries, you may have a limited understanding of how each window ’s function will affect your finished stitched out photograph.
After you have chosen the photo, you’ll be asked to decide on the technique you would prefer to use. Let’s discuss the most realistic color photo stitch out today. When you click “Running Stitch” a color version of the photo will appear on the right including a graphic of the stitches pattern.choose photo
Next, the cropping window will appear which allows you to zero in on the area you would like to embroider by giving you the option to diminish the borders. In this case, I only wanted Pickle’s face, not her entire body so I clicked and dragged to move the lines or “crop” the photo.cropping window
If you change the measurement to “inches” and highlight and then type in 4.25 in the width window, the finished picture will fit nicely in your large hoop. The height will automatically readjust itself.measurement
I reduced colors to 30 on this screen. When I selected automatically reduce colors, the program chose 10 colors. You have to determine how much detail you would like to see in the finished picture and how much time you are willing to spend making it. Remember, 30 colors means 30 thread changes.colors
This last setting that I wanted to bring to your attention is the stitch density. The default is set at 10. With 10 you’ll get a finished product rather quickly but it will have larger stitches and little detail.In the first Photo-Stitch out I used 10 mm stitch density and in the second Photo-Stitch out I reduced it to 6mm. You can see the difference in detail. In both Photo-Stitch outs I used only 10 colors. I changed from red to a deep rose for the picture on the right. The second stitch out took over five hours. I could have used 30 colors but I didn’t want to be late for the show?stitch density
stitch density 10mmstitch density 6mm
Thanks for reading my blog this month~ Celebrate your creativity~ Think out of the box~ Reward yourself with a bubble bath~ Enjoy the process~ See you on-air.
Sew Your Dreams,
Darlene Cahill

When to Watch

HSN Celebrates National Sewing Month

September 1
11 pm Singer
September 2
10 am Brother
September 5
10 am Singer
4 pm Singer
September 8
7 am Brother
6 pm Singer
September 13
7 am Singer
September 15
6 am Singer
5 pm Singer
September 19
1 pm Singer
September 22
6 am Brother
6 pm Singer

Comments
by ksrGA on ‎09-23-2009 02:28 AM

Dear Darlene.
I just recently purchased three Singer machines, SES1000, 5-Thread Serger and the siner 2010. Tonight on air September 22,2009 you showed the Singer Futura CE-250. As a promotion, it came with the Singer at Home World Wide CD includes 3,900 stock designs and 21 design fonts. I feel that I should get the CD free, since I bought 3 Singer Machines.

by GayGA on ‎09-23-2009 05:25 AM

Hi to ya'll, I purchased the CE 350 back in April from HSN. I only received the 3900 design studio,editing software and auto punch. The question is was I suppose to get all the software that is being offered now on all the machines, ex: Hyper font, cross stitch, photo stitch? Does anyone else out there have this machine that was bought at that time?
Thanks

by AnneOH on ‎09-23-2009 01:07 PM

Hi, I am interested in the SES 1000 and see it is SOLD OUT. I would love to see this offer again! It had everything I was interested in at a price we could afford. I just found it (and HSCN) a day late =(

by BFAL on ‎09-23-2009 06:15 PM

Dear Gay, GA,
I am surprise you didn't received all the software with your CE-350! The CE-350 suposed to have all the software together. 1. Hyperfont2.Crosstitch3.Photostitch and the one that neither the ce-150 or ce-250 brings 4. Editing software. Check the Singer website to see the difference. Also check in between boxes becuase sometimes HSN put the softwaer there. I litterally had to putt all the boxes appart to be able to find the software for my SES-1000. Hope it helps!

by MichelleWA on ‎09-24-2009 02:06 AM

Hi Darlene! I keep trying to open your Jeans Purse sewing project. It doesn't matter what computer I use, the one at home, or work, but when I click on that project, it sends me to another web page, stating Internet Explorer Cannot display this page. Could you check that for me, and let me know if there is anyway to access that project? Thanks!

by StaceyAL on ‎09-24-2009 02:44 PM

I just placed an order for the Singer Futura CE-250, and I am so excited to get it and get started! I do have a concern, though. I have watched the videos of both the CE-250 and the SES-1000 and they both say that you get a 5x7 embroidery hoop included in the package. I ordered this machine, because I wanted a larger 5x7 hoop. However, when I look at this machine elsewhere or even look for accesories for this machine, the largest hoop that I can find for the machine is the 4x6.

by KathrynSC on ‎09-25-2009 08:54 PM

Darlene Cahill - I have a simple question - do you ever make any copies of the shows that you are demostrating the Singer and Brother Sewing Machines? Do you sell any of these tapes to the public. I would love to have a copy of the tape where you are demostrating the Singer Sewing Machines if possible. Is it possible?

by KathyNV on ‎09-25-2009 09:52 PM

Darlene, HELP! Is the ses1000 going to be back soon? I am one of the many who ordered thinking they were getting the ses1000 with the value added bonus and all those nifty feet but received the ce150 and had to return it. In the time and confusion it took to sort out the error the ses1000 sold out. I really want the total package that the ses1000 had to offer. I already purchased a ton of supplys to do my christmas gifts using the machine.

by CarlaTX_1 on ‎09-26-2009 02:54 PM

Darlene, you mentioned there were about 200 FREE FONTS....how do I get those?

by KarenPA on ‎09-27-2009 08:59 AM

Darlene,
I am watching your presentation on the Singer futura Embroidery and Sewing Machine and you mentioned a web site to get over 4600 (I think that was the total amount)free fonts. I can't find the web site on your blog. Please help.
Thank you so much,

by SUSANPA on ‎09-27-2009 04:14 PM

Dear Darlene, I have LOVED your presentations this month. Honestly ESPECIALLY the ones where the machines malfunctioned because they were honest and showed what to do when things happen. Because of them i decided to purchase a singer furturea 250. You said between that machine and the 5 thread serger we were all set! Well I am a beginner - took sewing in home ec and recently a class at a local fabric shop. loved it. am i right in reading it takes 5 HOURS to sew in your dogs's pic????

by SUSANPA on ‎09-27-2009 04:17 PM

Hi - to finish. I am a beginner and purchased the melrose thread, a beginner kit, round cutter. I read in the comments you need stabilizers??? what is that and does it come with the Singer Futura 250??? I am waiting and waiting for it to arrive and would have to wait again because it did ot come with enough things to get me started!!! thanks! What advice do you have on supplies for beginners who have NOTHING. thanks for the help! buT really - 5 hrs for a pic and how does it get the threa

by StaceyAL on ‎09-27-2009 05:47 PM

Karen, I believe the website that provides you with lots of fonts to download will be available on next month's (Oct.) blog. There are lots of sites out there. You can probably search online for free fonts and see what comes up.

by StaceyAL on ‎09-27-2009 05:50 PM

Susan, Just like the thread, you will have to purchase the stabilizer. Both of these are items that you will have to replace as you use your machine. There are lots of stabilizers out there--you can usually find them in you local sewing/fabric stores. It's what goes behind your embroidery to keep it stable and ensure quality embroidering. I would suggest getting the cheapest available while you are learning and then try different kinds to see which you prefer (sticky back, wash away, etc.).

by LizLA on ‎09-27-2009 10:19 PM

Dear Darlene, I am finally getting around to replacing my sewing machine since hurricane Katrina. Now I don't want to spend $1,000, which machine would you recommend for some general all around sewing, mending and some embroidery capabilities. Thank you.

by CaroleMA on ‎09-28-2009 02:57 AM

Hi Darlene ~ Just want to say I enjoy your demonstrations more than I can express. You really get my creative juices flowing. I would like to see you with your own program on Public Television. I know you work for Singer, but have you ever been approached to do an instructional sewing program on Public TV? Also, where do you get your energy? You are a real ball of fire. Wish I had your enthusiasm and creative mind. Love you.

by BFAL on ‎09-28-2009 04:26 PM

HI all!
Just in case somebody missed this... the sSES-1000 and the CE-150 ARE the same machine. At HSN the SES-1000 is been offered with more extras like the serger attchement sand. I have the SES-1000 and the CE-150 (without the embroidery arm) and I love them!

by BFAL on ‎09-28-2009 05:58 PM

Hi HSN and Darlene, The Singer 7470 DESCRIPTION and VIDEO does not match up. The description offers lots of extras but they not mention at video presentation. Some items missing on presentation are: DVD, arm with accessory storage , Cording foot (bonus), Darning and embroidery foot (bonus), Ruffler (bonus), Vinyl dust cover and Carry handle that folds. Can someone double check this information and make sure it comes with the items before I and more people order it? Thanks

by JuneTX on ‎09-29-2009 08:43 AM

Hi Darlene & Ladies,
I, too, enjoy all your demos. I would also like to see the videos available for personal referENCE. I would also like the like for the multitude of free fonts and other such that you have mentioned on air.
Keep up your great presentations. You are an excellent and well informed seamstress. My mother was a professionally trained tailor and taught me to sew like that so I sincerely appreciate the beauty of your work.

by 9342 on ‎09-29-2009 11:33 PM

Darlene, you mentioned there FREE FONTS....how do I get those?

by JANIETX on ‎09-30-2009 05:05 AM

HI DARLENE, I PURCHASE THE GOLDEN RULE PATTERN MAKER BUT I COULDN'T GET THE XL AND XXL ONES I PUT IN THE OR NUMBER BUT IT SAID THAT THEY COULDN'T FIND IT SO CAN YOU PUT IT UP AGAIN SO I CAN PURCHASE IT THE NUMBER WAS 267-226 I GOT IT WHEN YOU WERE SHOWING THE GOLDEN RULE AND I WROTE DOWN THE NUMBER BUT I JUST COULDN'T ORDER IT. THANK YOU BY THE WAY I ORDERED THE FUTURA 250 I CAN HARDLY WAIT TIL IT GETS HERE.......

by JoannMD on ‎09-30-2009 12:00 PM

I just purchased the Brother HE-240 Sewing and Embroidery machine. Does this machine do Free Standing Lace?

by KimieGA on ‎10-01-2009 12:43 AM

Dear Darlene, I purchased the SES1000, Singer 2010 and the 5-thread top of the line Serger. Can you tell me where I can find the clipart you mentioned on air. Also. embroidery designs for free. Thank you.

by LorettaPA on ‎10-01-2009 12:57 PM

Hi Darlene: When will HSN receive more Singer SES 1000 or Futura 250?

by deeLA on ‎10-01-2009 05:16 PM

dear mrs. darlene are you going sell singer 250 again?

by MarlaFL on ‎10-01-2009 05:44 PM

Darlene: During one of your shows last week you stated you were going to have a link for 100's of FREE fonts. Also where can I find the clipart and embroidery designs that are freethat were mentioned in Kimie from Ga comment. I can't find the link...can you help me??

by 9342 on ‎10-02-2009 03:33 PM

I would also like to know where to find the free fonts you mentioned on air. Thank you.

by GeriSC on ‎10-02-2009 07:33 PM

I too would like to know where the free fonts are you mentioned on TV during sewing month

by KathyNV on ‎10-02-2009 11:39 PM

The download for the vista 64bit does not work. You wait, go through the install process only to receive an error message. This whole sewing machine purchase has been a mess. First ordered the ses1000 but received the ce150,returned it to get the ses1000 and it was sold out. Ended up with the ce250 but now I cant even use it. 2 months of frustration. So disappointed.

by DebraOH on ‎10-03-2009 01:05 AM

Vista 64 bit runs fine, print instruction & follow & everything loaded first time. SES1000 is the CE-150, sticker covers this on my book. However, you are getting all those extra feet! That is the difference. Do you want more attachments or the little design stitches. I dont use the little designs on my old machine, and every foot I needed wasn't cheep! All the machines have the Auto Punch, HyperFont, Cross-Stitch & PhotoStitch. Called Singer and talk about customer service, real people answer!

by BFAL on ‎10-03-2009 04:56 AM

Hi,
For the fonts I use Font Garden. Its been working very good on my SES-1000.

by KathrynSC on ‎10-03-2009 04:58 PM

Darlene Cahill, I would like your email address. I heard you say that you receive many emails but I cannot locate your email address on the sewing section. I have written questions on this blog and have not received any answers. I figured that you did not have my email address so I tried to send it to you greatfully it was not printed on this blog. How many machines do you have? I am torn between the Singer 7470 and the Brother 294 stitch special edition? which one is your preference?

by BFAL on ‎10-04-2009 03:14 PM

Hi,
Sometimes the information here takes a while to be updated. If you go to Darlen's web site it is usually current. Her website is her first and last name and you know the rest (com).

by KathrynSC on ‎10-04-2009 11:45 PM

BF,AL
Thank-you for the info.

by KathyNV on ‎10-06-2009 08:45 PM

Yes I know the difference between the ce's and ses, really wanted those feet but sold out. STILL HAVE PROBLEM...receive transfer download error message everytime I try to get the update for the 64bit driver from the singer website. Haven't been able to use my machine yet. And it's been a week and no response from Singer. Is there another website that is carrying the download????

by 9342 on ‎10-07-2009 03:04 PM

Singer responded yesterday. There is a problem with the download from the website so they are mailing out CD's for the 64 bit vista...wonder what will happen with the windows7???

by SherryPA on ‎10-08-2009 02:13 AM

I ordered the Singer Futura CE-250 to only be shorted the accessories that should have come with the system. HSN said they could not do anything but give me a partial refund on the package. How ridiculous!!! It is brand new. Don't they stand behind their customers by contacting the manufacterers and making them make good on their neglegence?

by SherryPA on ‎10-09-2009 05:54 PM

I have a singer ses 1000. Can you get hoops bigger then the 5x7?

by palominozKY on ‎10-10-2009 08:20 PM

Hello! I was wondering where the video went for the Brother 100+ stitch machine? I bought it last week and went to review the video today and it was no longer there! Any chance that it will be replaced? Thank you for a wonderful job!

by SherryPA on ‎10-11-2009 06:23 PM

I would like the website for the free fonts for the Singer Futura CE250. Thanks.

by annmariepulchan on ‎12-18-2009 01:47 PM

HI DARLENE. THE BROTHER SEWING MACHINE HE-240.HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD FROM MY COMPUTER TO MY SEWING MACHINE. PLEASE HELP .

by CarolMD on ‎01-05-2010 07:00 PM

Hi Darlene. I have the Singer Futura SES 1000. I love it, however, I recently received a Windows 7 equiped computer as a gift for Christmas and the installation software will not work. I have tried downloading the patch for Vista and it still does not work. Any suggestions?

Conversation Stats
92 Replies
08.25.2009 6:35 PM
0 Smiles
30+ in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...