This widget could not be displayed.
Add your reply here...
COMMENTS
Kimboy | Admirer 1 | 05.07.2011 6:14 AM
I also am not happy about this change. to make us go an extra step/dig to find our alerts defeats the purpose of why it was created in my opinion....the facebook button is annoying and is also in several other places within the website, I don't understand why it was put where it was now. I actually had already liked HSN in facebook previously...and when that button took away my ease of viewing my alerts- I UN-liked them and no longer follow the HSN facebook page.
This widget could not be displayed.
bobzi | Inspirer 2 | 04.18.2011 12:51 PM
I occasionally think to check the Alerts when I need to sign in (like now) but I agree with Northern Belle that the information is used so little by so few this way that it is pretty much useless now. It does help me buy less without those incentive prompts.:-"
tdlywnk1 | New Friend | 04.18.2011 6:13 AM
The alerts made the internet buying experience at HSN unique and extremely useful since other sites do have them. I'm sure that I am speaking for many when I say that the alerts prompted me to purchase and obtain items when otherwise I would not have had the chance to own them. Despite whatever may be going on at HSN, it would be prudent to put them back on the main page. Thank you.
NorthernBelle | Inspirer 2 | 04.14.2011 7:42 PM
Bad decision. I would log into HSN every morning and the first thing I would do is to check My Alerts to see if anything in my Wish List had either dropped in price, or was about to sell out. Many times if the quantity was low, then I would make a decision to buy the item right away. Now, if I have to access My Account each time, then I will not take that extra step. It will be HSN's loss, because if the information is not at-a-glance, then it is useless.
DestinyJo | Admirer 3 | 04.14.2011 6:36 PM
I had to resort back to my old method of checking my wishlist everyday for price cuts. That doesn't tell you if an item you want is about to sell out though. Oh well it'll save me some money...
justchecking | Admirer 3 | 04.14.2011 4:46 PM
Not only is it hidden now it doesn't give you a number of new alerts like it used to. Now it's just junk, please contact the head of that dept and fix this, how many complaints do you need before you figure out it was a bad idea?????
Anonymous7777 | Admirer 3 | 04.14.2011 3:36 PM
=d> justwanthelp and DestinyJo!!!!!!
justwanthelp | Inspirer 2 | 04.14.2011 3:23 PM
I have a weather alert radio because I live in tornado country. I keep my radio in the closet underneath some blankets. I have to pull it out every day and plug it in, just to see if I have a tornado alert. It really gets tiresome.

Does anyone have advice or suggestions as to how I could make it easier for me to check on my tornado alerts? I really hate diggin that thing out of the closet everyday.:-k :-s
;-);
misspriss08 | Admirer | 04.13.2011 4:34 PM
I went to my account and couldn't even find it. What's the point of an "alert" if you have to go look for it? Nobody sets an alarm and then puts it in a sound proof box and buries it underground to later go dig it up and see if it's ringing. Sorry this might seem like a silly analogy but it's the same concept.

LOL! I really like your analogy!!! I feel exactly like you described about it!

=d>
misspriss08 | Admirer | 04.13.2011 4:33 PM
TEAM "PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS"...yes...in all CAPS...' cause that's how I feel about it.

Not everyone is on Facebook and not every HSN shopper wants to be on Facebook - nor wants to "Like" HSN on Facebook or even have Facebook shoved down out throats.

Bring back "My Alerts" and please place it prominently like it was before.
SLMangle | Advisor 2 | 04.13.2011 3:46 PM
It' would just be easier to check my wishlist or the item page than to go through accounts in search of my alerts. Why bother? Is HSN on a mission to alienate their customers?...It sure seems like it!
SheRah | Admirer 3 | 04.13.2011 2:14 PM
I went to my account and couldn't even find it. What's the point of an "alert" if you have to go look for it? Nobody sets an alarm and then puts it in a sound proof box and buries it underground to later go dig it up and see if it's ringing. Sorry this might seem like a silly analogy but it's the same concept.

zannapatina | Admirer 1 | 04.13.2011 12:28 AM
Please return the Alerts to the front page!! HSN must be losing a lot of sales over this move. I for one only shop by the alert system anymore because I am tired of being insulted by hosts trying to tell me why I want to buy something. The sales pitches have become so much about phony glorification of a product and so little time spent on facts and close up shots of all angles. At least on line I get just the facts. I have curtailed my ordering by 90% since the alert system has been moved because it is too much trouble to try and find it in My Account. I also would never click Like on FB. Find another way to advertise.
KYSA | Admirer 2 | 04.12.2011 8:59 PM
#-o I just wanted to add my disappointment about the ALERTS being moved. Is it because you want more to 'like' HSN on FB? I used to check my alerts almost daily & sometimes would buy an item that's been lowered in price or almost sold out. Now, I don't even think of checking, it's too unhandy. Please move it back & move the FB 'like' to another area? [-o< Thanks, from a loyal customer.
DestinyJo | Admirer 3 | 04.12.2011 5:55 PM
mkpitt | Admirer 2 | 04.12.2011 3:50 PM
PLEASE put back the 'alerts' back on the front page!!! Who wants to search for that? I rarely go to 'my account' unless I have to change an autoship date. I don't know of one person that is happy with this change!
justchecking | Admirer 3 | 04.12.2011 11:19 AM
I think someone is still confused at HSN, I occasionally see the my alerts flash it's it's old location when the page first loads before the facebook link comes up, maybe it is still a programming error and someone will fix it.
DestinyJo | Admirer 3 | 04.12.2011 7:58 AM
Booooo!!!! Put it back where it was!!! (*,)
justwanthelp | Inspirer 2 | 04.12.2011 1:50 AM
From time to time HSN website updates change the familiar location of features and functions. My Alerts is a popular feature to identify when an item in your Shopping Bag, Wish List or in Save for Later has lowered in price, returned to stock or has low inventory.

My Alerts can now be found within My Account and will continue to bring these important changes to your attention.

This change actually makes it more difficult for us to make purchases.
bobzi | Inspirer 2 | 04.11.2011 9:43 PM
The real problem with the new location for me is that I don't usually sign in when I visit the HSN site unless I'm purchasing something. I won't see the alerts very often so I'm miss those price drops or back in stocks that prompt me to order when I otherwise wouldn't. I'm still among those hoping you'll reconsider this new placement of a great HSN site feature. That little 1 or 2 new alerts always got my attention.:-k
pi1 | Admirer 3 | 04.11.2011 6:59 PM
Whoever made the decision to change the "Alerts" to another section apparently does not shop on the website, put items in wish list, and buy additional items once they have received an alert. With this change, the extra steps are a great inconvenience and a time waster; before, you could tell at a glance. I don't understand making changes to the best feature on the website and making it harder for the customer. I am a very disgruntled customer!!

Couldn't have said it better. HSN PLEASE reconsider!!!
CanWeShop | Admirer 2 | 04.11.2011 4:50 PM
Whoever made the decision to change the "Alerts" to another section apparently does not shop on the website, put items in wish list, and buy additional items once they have received an alert. With this change, the extra steps are a great inconvenience and a time waster; before, you could tell at a glance. I don't understand making changes to the best feature on the website and making it harder for the customer. I am a very disgruntled customer!!
SheRah | Admirer 3 | 04.11.2011 3:56 PM
I also am not happy about this change. to make us go an extra step/dig to find our alerts defeats the purpose of why it was created in my opinion....the facebook button is annoying and is also in several other places within the website, I don't understand why it was put where it was now. I actually had already liked HSN in facebook previously...and when that button took away my ease of viewing my alerts- I UN-liked them and no longer follow the HSN facebook page.
justchecking | Admirer 3 | 04.11.2011 3:15 PM
IMO this is a very poor location for the alerts link. Before you could see as soon as you logged on if there was information you wanted, now we have to go to the my accounts page which I never go to. I hope that the programmers keep track of how many times the face book link is clicked in the future, once we all quit clicking on it hoping the my alerts link will still work. Terrible programming decision and I hope you take a vote or look into it or something.
Add your reply here...

My Alerts

by Admirer 3 Community Admin Admirer 3 on ‎04-11-2011 03:06 PM (31 Views)

From time to time HSN website updates change the familiar location of features and functions. My Alerts is a popular feature to identify when an item in your Shopping Bag, Wish List or in Save for Later has lowered in price, returned to stock or has low inventory.

My Alerts can now be found within My Account and will continue to bring these important changes to your attention.

Comments
by Admirer 3 justchecking Admirer 3 on ‎04-11-2011 03:15 PM
IMO this is a very poor location for the alerts link. Before you could see as soon as you logged on if there was information you wanted, now we have to go to the my accounts page which I never go to. I hope that the programmers keep track of how many times the face book link is clicked in the future, once we all quit clicking on it hoping the my alerts link will still work. Terrible programming decision and I hope you take a vote or look into it or something.
by Admirer 3 SheRah Admirer 3 on ‎04-11-2011 03:56 PM
by Admirer 2 CanWeShop Admirer 2 on ‎04-11-2011 04:50 PM
by Admirer 3 pi1 Admirer 3 on ‎04-11-2011 06:59 PM

Couldn't have said it better. HSN PLEASE reconsider!!!
by Inspirer 2 bobzi Inspirer 2 on ‎04-11-2011 09:43 PM
The real problem with the new location for me is that I don't usually sign in when I visit the HSN site unless I'm purchasing something. I won't see the alerts very often so I'm miss those price drops or back in stocks that prompt me to order when I otherwise wouldn't. I'm still among those hoping you'll reconsider this new placement of a great HSN site feature. That little 1 or 2 new alerts always got my attention.:-k
by Inspirer 2 justwanthelp Inspirer 2 on ‎04-12-2011 01:50 AM

This change actually makes it more difficult for us to make purchases.
by Admirer 3 DestinyJo Admirer 3 on ‎04-12-2011 07:58 AM
Booooo!!!! Put it back where it was!!! (*,)
by Admirer 3 justchecking Admirer 3 on ‎04-12-2011 11:19 AM
I think someone is still confused at HSN, I occasionally see the my alerts flash it's it's old location when the page first loads before the facebook link comes up, maybe it is still a programming error and someone will fix it.
by Admirer 2 mkpitt Admirer 2 on ‎04-12-2011 03:50 PM
PLEASE put back the 'alerts' back on the front page!!! Who wants to search for that? I rarely go to 'my account' unless I have to change an autoship date. I don't know of one person that is happy with this change!
by Admirer 3 DestinyJo Admirer 3 on ‎04-12-2011 05:55 PM
by Admirer 2 KYSA Admirer 2 on ‎04-12-2011 08:59 PM
#-o I just wanted to add my disappointment about the ALERTS being moved. Is it because you want more to 'like' HSN on FB? I used to check my alerts almost daily & sometimes would buy an item that's been lowered in price or almost sold out. Now, I don't even think of checking, it's too unhandy. Please move it back & move the FB 'like' to another area? [-o< Thanks, from a loyal customer.
by Admirer 1 zannapatina Admirer 1 on ‎04-13-2011 12:28 AM
Please return the Alerts to the front page!! HSN must be losing a lot of sales over this move. I for one only shop by the alert system anymore because I am tired of being insulted by hosts trying to tell me why I want to buy something. The sales pitches have become so much about phony glorification of a product and so little time spent on facts and close up shots of all angles. At least on line I get just the facts. I have curtailed my ordering by 90% since the alert system has been moved because it is too much trouble to try and find it in My Account. I also would never click Like on FB. Find another way to advertise.
by Admirer 3 SheRah Admirer 3 on ‎04-13-2011 02:14 PM

by Advisor 2 SLMangle Advisor 2 on ‎04-13-2011 03:46 PM
It' would just be easier to check my wishlist or the item page than to go through accounts in search of my alerts. Why bother? Is HSN on a mission to alienate their customers?...It sure seems like it!
by misspriss08 Admirer on ‎04-13-2011 04:33 PM
TEAM "PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS"...yes...in all CAPS...' cause that's how I feel about it.

Not everyone is on Facebook and not every HSN shopper wants to be on Facebook - nor wants to "Like" HSN on Facebook or even have Facebook shoved down out throats.

Bring back "My Alerts" and please place it prominently like it was before.
by misspriss08 Admirer on ‎04-13-2011 04:34 PM

=d>
by Inspirer 2 justwanthelp Inspirer 2 on ‎04-14-2011 03:23 PM
I have a weather alert radio because I live in tornado country. I keep my radio in the closet underneath some blankets. I have to pull it out every day and plug it in, just to see if I have a tornado alert. It really gets tiresome.

Does anyone have advice or suggestions as to how I could make it easier for me to check on my tornado alerts? I really hate diggin that thing out of the closet everyday.:-k :-s
;-);
by Admirer 3 Anonymous7777 Admirer 3 on ‎04-14-2011 03:36 PM
=d> justwanthelp and DestinyJo!!!!!!
by Admirer 3 justchecking Admirer 3 on ‎04-14-2011 04:46 PM
Not only is it hidden now it doesn't give you a number of new alerts like it used to. Now it's just junk, please contact the head of that dept and fix this, how many complaints do you need before you figure out it was a bad idea?????
by Admirer 3 DestinyJo Admirer 3 on ‎04-14-2011 06:36 PM
I had to resort back to my old method of checking my wishlist everyday for price cuts. That doesn't tell you if an item you want is about to sell out though. Oh well it'll save me some money...
by Inspirer 2 NorthernBelle Inspirer 2 on ‎04-14-2011 07:42 PM
Bad decision. I would log into HSN every morning and the first thing I would do is to check My Alerts to see if anything in my Wish List had either dropped in price, or was about to sell out. Many times if the quantity was low, then I would make a decision to buy the item right away. Now, if I have to access My Account each time, then I will not take that extra step. It will be HSN's loss, because if the information is not at-a-glance, then it is useless.
by tdlywnk1 on ‎04-18-2011 06:13 AM
The alerts made the internet buying experience at HSN unique and extremely useful since other sites do have them. I'm sure that I am speaking for many when I say that the alerts prompted me to purchase and obtain items when otherwise I would not have had the chance to own them. Despite whatever may be going on at HSN, it would be prudent to put them back on the main page. Thank you.
by Inspirer 2 bobzi Inspirer 2 on ‎04-18-2011 12:51 PM
I occasionally think to check the Alerts when I need to sign in (like now) but I agree with Northern Belle that the information is used so little by so few this way that it is pretty much useless now. It does help me buy less without those incentive prompts.:-"
by Admirer 3 Community Admin Admirer 3 on ‎04-22-2011 01:05 PM
Using these Forums to communicate with other shoppers also communicates with HSN. Your comments regarding website functions and improvements are very valuable and we listen. The ‘My Alerts’ functions will be returning to the top of the HSN homepage following a redesign that is currently in progress.

Thank you for your patience during this redesign.
by Admirer 1 Kimboy Admirer 1 on ‎05-07-2011 06:14 AM
Conversation Stats
25 Replies
04.11.2011 3:06 PM
0 Smiles
17 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...