JayKing | Partner | 09.08.2010 12:50 PM

Well September is upon us once again. This happens to be one of my favorite times of the year in my native New Mexico. Even though I came to New Mexico from Kansas when I was six months old, I consider it my home base. I've traveled the world and lived in many places, but I have always maintained a residence in New Mexico. I just returned from a visit and hated to leave once again.
The green chili roasters are out in full force, and everyone is preparing their supplies for the coming winter. It's a cultural thing with New Mexicans. Like many of the places I travel to where certain foods are only found in the area, New Mexico is the only place to find the best green and red chili peppers. I brought back a large cooler loaded with them. The attendant at the airline desk didn't even have to ask what was in the cooler, she already knew. I find myself having to ration my supplies now so I don't run out between visits. I truly believe if you eat enough hot chili it kills any nasty bugs that you may acquire in your travels overseas. This is just my theory, but it seems to work for me.
We were raised on chili from a young age, and can literally eat molten lava. One time, I took one of my friends, a buyer for a very large department store chain, out to lunch at one of our local hang outs. Just to describe how intense the place is, they have a thermometer at the front door to gauge the heat of the chili that day. We all ordered and I advised him to get his chili on the side. He said "No, I'll order just like you all do." We proceeded to talk and enjoy our lunch when I noticed he wasn't eating. He was actually turning white as a ghost. I asked him if he was okay and all he could mumble was, "I should have gotten the chili on the side."

This is also the time of year when Mother Nature starts making her changes, and the great fall colors start to come out. I was able to go for a great ride on our Harleys with family and friends in the mountains before I had to leave. The rides truly inspires me to design things with lots of bright colors. They always breathe a whole new energy into me. September is also my birth month, and a rite of passage and confirmation that I've survived another year in this crazy wonderful life I've been fortunate enough to live.
This month is going to be the start of another whirl-wind travel session. It's already started with a trip to Tennessee to meet with one of my shell vendors to make arrangements for the coming year. This is a story in and of itself--I'll tell you about the trip in next month's post. I will take off this week and literally travel around the circumference of the world, and then end up back in Florida one month later. It looks to be an exciting trip with lots of new materials to look at, and many deals to be made. I'll make sure to take notes of the highlights, so I can share them with you.
I just wanted to share one more story with you about my latest trip to Australia. During my trip I got to meet a wonderful man named Bill. I'm always fascinated with people and their life stories, especially the people who live in very remote areas and scratch out a livelihood where most people would have a very hard time surviving. We were visiting some mining claims toward the end of our trip, and went through a small town where we pulled up next to Bill and his wife, who were doing some work on a lot they were preparing to build on. They were adding a small motel to their many other business concerns in the area.

When we first pulled up they didn't recognize the vehicle we were in, and didn't look very happy about being bothered. Once they recognized John and Barry things changed instantly, and lots of smiles and remarks were exchanged. We were invited to their house for refreshments and an afternoon snack. It was hot and dusty, so it was a welcome break.
I must say, Bill is a very interesting man. He has a lot going on. He has several business ventures going on all at once. I remember seeing a road grater that morning, which wasn't unusual except it was in the middle of nowhere, and it pulling a small 4x4 behind it. Later down the road we saw a small RV and a flatbed truck with a fuel tank and a huge generator on the back of it. Keep in mind this is in the middle of nowhere, and we hadn't seen another vehicle all day long. It turns out this was one of Bill's businesses.
He maintains the dirt roads for the Shire, what we would call a county in the states. The person who does this literally goes out for months at a time and makes his circuit, then comes in to resupply and starts all over again, much like the fence riders in the old west. His yard was filled with machinery--the kinds of things most men would love to have. This machinery can move lots of dirt, and make all kinds of improvements to ones property. Bill is also a miner, and has his own gold claim.
Then I got talking to him about his youth. It turns out he was raised in the Outback. One of his first jobs was showing Special Forces members how to tame wild camels in the desert regions during survival training. You do this by running along side them, in his case barefooted, and jumping on their necks, and then holding on for dear life until you have wrestled them to the ground. Just for a little background here, I wear cowboy boots and jeans and spent a large portion of the time at night picking thorns and spiny things out of them. To run barefooted through this terrain is something else. Again, I had a hard time believing it, but he was barefooted the whole time we were together. Then I noticed he had lots of different mineral specimens lying around. After a few questions, I found out he had collected them and could get more, so off we go and hopefully next year you will get to see some of these new materials in our designs.
Well that’s about all for now. I'll keep you posted.
Safe Travels,
J
More from Jay King on hsn.com:
» Shop all Mine Finds by Jay King Jewelry
» The story behind Jay King Jewelry
» How to take care of your gemstones
» Read more from Jay King's blog

Add your reply here...
COMMENTS
mutozee | New Friend | 07.24.2013 2:47 PM

I'm having the same problem? Any solution?

mutozee | New Friend | 07.24.2013 2:46 PM

Jay, I love your jewelry. I have lots of beautiful items and always get compliments. I love the copper settings BUT there is something in my system that just turns it a dull brown? What can I do to restore the copper color?
Thanks, Michele

Noonette | New Friend | 04.04.2012 4:36 PM

HELP - I bought the WAVY COPPER collar necklace and it's tarnished black in places. What should I use to clean it?

Lanette72 | New Friend | 10.17.2010 7:32 PM

Hi Jay, Great October show! As usual I get in trouble when your on HSN. Please continue to make stand alone earrings that match w/ other pieces. Questions, will you be making earrings to the multi-color lace agate (item#486-701). I love the browns in this necklace, it goes with every color of brown. Will you be bringing any stones w/ the burgundy color or are there such stones that have burgundy in them? Last questions, do you ever get stones from Bauxite, AR or AR?

preciouswood | Visitor | 10.11.2010 11:47 AM

Hi Jay. My name is Carol. Do you remember you had called me when you were in Florida just before you left on your trip overseas in Sept.? I wanted to ask you if you would ever be able to design and make a rough, but polished 18-20MM nugget necklace w/2" S.S. extender with your little heart and hook closure in Rhodonite material? This is such a beautiful and unique shade of raspberry/pink hue! Please let me know. Take care. Have fun, and be safe in your travels wherever you may be. Love you, Jay.

Anonymous | 10.11.2010 11:27 AM

As always thanks for the input. The answer is yes we will actually be offering this style in many stones. Lapis is one of them Best J

Deanna7 | New Friend | 10.10.2010 4:59 PM

Happy October, Jay! Please consider making one of your ten-strand liquid silver necklaces with lapis beads. I have your green turquoise and coral designs and would enjoy the same style with lapis. Thanks for all you do. D.

Anonymous | 10.09.2010 9:33 AM

Hi this is a very special form of Calcite which is botryoidal. I have seen it in Namibia, Zambia, and my native state New Mexico. Its very hard to get any quantity of it in the same color. It comes in almost every color of the rainbow. I'm always on the lookout though. Thanks for your interest. Best J

Anonymous | 10.09.2010 9:24 AM

I always will take care of you on anything you buy from me. Please go to HSN customer service and pull up key word Jay King. This will tell you how to send us you're personal information. We'll contact you on how to send it to us and I'll fix it for nothing or make you a new pair. Your husband sounds like a good man. Take care J

Anonymous | 10.09.2010 9:21 AM

Hi Robin I always try to give everyone a heads up on the Blog when they are coming up. Since they are so limited in supply. We have a standing order all the time with the artist. I believe we are offering 200 of the turquoise bowls for the November visit. Thanks for your interest. Best J

Anonymous | 10.09.2010 9:17 AM

We have designed the same necklace in a few new stones. I'm still working on rough material that is the right quality and price to make it work. I'm not doing anything in peach quartz right now but have so many new things coming up it makes me dizzy. Or dizzier than the normal me. Best J

turqqueen | New Friend | 10.05.2010 4:34 PM

Hi jay. Will you be designing any more collar necklaces that you did in the style of the red and salmon coral in any other gemstones? I think black agate, malachite and turquoise would be stunning. Will you be doing any peach quartz necklaces soon?

preciouswood | Visitor | 10.04.2010 6:35 PM

Hi Jay. I hope you had a safe trip back home from overseas. There was a blogger, SOCWKR, who had sent you a comment about a stone called Smithsonite on Sept. 27, 2010. What color is it,what is the durability of it, and where does this material come from? I have never heard of this material before. Also, I wanted you to know that I look forward to watching some of your segments on your 15th Anniversary Weekend---Oct. 15-18, 2010, on H.S.N. Take care. I love you, and what you do with your stones!

Robin107 | New Friend | 10.03.2010 3:50 PM

Hello Jay! I soooo want one of the bowls the item # was 780349 is there any way to know in advance when you will have this bowl so I could order one please? Love your shows! Robin

tiggie686 | New Friend | 10.01.2010 12:45 AM

Hi Jay, Happy Birthday. I have a problem and I hope that you can help me. My husband bought me the spiney oyster shell set and I wore the set twice and when I went to take the earrings off the post fell off one. I took it to a jewler here in town and they said that they could not fix it. I hope that you can help me as I love the set and want to wear it again. Thank You.

Anonymous | 09.30.2010 7:21 AM

Thanks for your interest. I'm sorry if I didn't reply right away. I really try but most of the places I go I don't have internet access. I'm in the one place that has a hot spot in the village where I'm writing this from. The answer is yes I have several stand alones coming up in the next shows. I will continue to offer more designs. I can't say they will match perfectly but will be of the same materials in some cases. Hope this answered your request. Best J

Anonymous | 09.30.2010 7:16 AM

Yes I have worked with it. The problem is the price and getting enough quantity to do a real project. Thanks for your input. Best J

Anonymous | 09.30.2010 7:14 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I've thought about bringing back some designs but I always am designing so many new things I just don't get to it. The Conch shell unfortunely was a one shot deal. I've been working on new shells this trip actually. Best J

turqqueen | New Friend | 09.29.2010 11:05 AM

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS VERY SPECIAL. HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED BRINGING BACK DESIGNS FROM WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED ON HSN? FOR THOSE WHO MISSED OUT ON YOUR DESIGNS, IT WOULD BE A REAL NICE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY THOSE. WILL YOU BE DOING ANYMORE CONCH SHELL NECKLACES? HOW ABOUT USING EXOTIC SHELLS OTHER THAN MOTHER OF PEARL AND ABALONE WITH A MIX OF GEMSTONES THAT COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER FOR A DESIGN?

socwkr | New Friend | 09.27.2010 11:59 PM

Jay,
I love your all your designs. I recently was watching on a "sister" network and they had Smithsonite. What a beautiful stone and although pricey do you think you would every use than in your jewelery making? It is so gorgeous but in searching mostly you would have to by crystals. I belive it is mined in the USA.
Have you ever worked with it?
Thank you for all your beautiful things.

Cheer888 | New Friend | 09.26.2010 3:52 PM

I'm sure you are always crazy busy, but I submitted a question earlier and was hoping to get a reply. I know that you said you were going to bring more stand alone pendants, in fact I just purchased one recently. Would you consider offering the following three pendants without the necklaces as they are currently being sold on HSN.com? They are: 1. Anhui Turq LG pear-shaped pendant 2. LG Turq tapered pendant (has earrings that match) 3. LG Cross Pendant that is on a beaded necklace. Thanks!

Anonymous | 09.26.2010 10:13 AM

I can't say any of my designs come from one place. That would be impossible for what I do. A good example is my silver. It comes from one foundry in America but the raw material comes from mines around the world. Just like my stones and everything else I use. We do everything possible in America. I have a large staff in New Mexico. We strive to give you the absolute best quality for the absolute best price. That seems to be what most of my viewers want and expect. Best J

Anonymous | 09.26.2010 10:08 AM

The original rough can from Northwestern China near Mongolia. It's hard to come by since its in such a remote region. We will continue to experiment with differant stringing materials. Best J

Anonymous | 09.26.2010 10:06 AM

Thanks just so happens we will be making a complete line of Mens jewelry. We've already started this in the works. I do listen to everyone and thank everyone for your support and ideas. Best J

Anonymous | 09.26.2010 10:04 AM

Thanks I've found its never to late to do anything. Have fun creating new designs. Best J

Add your reply here...

Jay King Design Inspirations from New Mexico and Australia

by Partner JayKing on ‎09-08-2010 12:50 PM (73 Views)

Well September is upon us once again. This happens to be one of my favorite times of the year in my native New Mexico. Even though I came to New Mexico from Kansas when I was six months old, I consider it my home base. I've traveled the world and lived in many places, but I have always maintained a residence in New Mexico. I just returned from a visit and hated to leave once again.
The green chili roasters are out in full force, and everyone is preparing their supplies for the coming winter. It's a cultural thing with New Mexicans. Like many of the places I travel to where certain foods are only found in the area, New Mexico is the only place to find the best green and red chili peppers. I brought back a large cooler loaded with them. The attendant at the airline desk didn't even have to ask what was in the cooler, she already knew. I find myself having to ration my supplies now so I don't run out between visits. I truly believe if you eat enough hot chili it kills any nasty bugs that you may acquire in your travels overseas. This is just my theory, but it seems to work for me.
We were raised on chili from a young age, and can literally eat molten lava. One time, I took one of my friends, a buyer for a very large department store chain, out to lunch at one of our local hang outs. Just to describe how intense the place is, they have a thermometer at the front door to gauge the heat of the chili that day. We all ordered and I advised him to get his chili on the side. He said "No, I'll order just like you all do." We proceeded to talk and enjoy our lunch when I noticed he wasn't eating. He was actually turning white as a ghost. I asked him if he was okay and all he could mumble was, "I should have gotten the chili on the side."

This is also the time of year when Mother Nature starts making her changes, and the great fall colors start to come out. I was able to go for a great ride on our Harleys with family and friends in the mountains before I had to leave. The rides truly inspires me to design things with lots of bright colors. They always breathe a whole new energy into me. September is also my birth month, and a rite of passage and confirmation that I've survived another year in this crazy wonderful life I've been fortunate enough to live.
This month is going to be the start of another whirl-wind travel session. It's already started with a trip to Tennessee to meet with one of my shell vendors to make arrangements for the coming year. This is a story in and of itself--I'll tell you about the trip in next month's post. I will take off this week and literally travel around the circumference of the world, and then end up back in Florida one month later. It looks to be an exciting trip with lots of new materials to look at, and many deals to be made. I'll make sure to take notes of the highlights, so I can share them with you.
I just wanted to share one more story with you about my latest trip to Australia. During my trip I got to meet a wonderful man named Bill. I'm always fascinated with people and their life stories, especially the people who live in very remote areas and scratch out a livelihood where most people would have a very hard time surviving. We were visiting some mining claims toward the end of our trip, and went through a small town where we pulled up next to Bill and his wife, who were doing some work on a lot they were preparing to build on. They were adding a small motel to their many other business concerns in the area.

When we first pulled up they didn't recognize the vehicle we were in, and didn't look very happy about being bothered. Once they recognized John and Barry things changed instantly, and lots of smiles and remarks were exchanged. We were invited to their house for refreshments and an afternoon snack. It was hot and dusty, so it was a welcome break.
I must say, Bill is a very interesting man. He has a lot going on. He has several business ventures going on all at once. I remember seeing a road grater that morning, which wasn't unusual except it was in the middle of nowhere, and it pulling a small 4x4 behind it. Later down the road we saw a small RV and a flatbed truck with a fuel tank and a huge generator on the back of it. Keep in mind this is in the middle of nowhere, and we hadn't seen another vehicle all day long. It turns out this was one of Bill's businesses.
He maintains the dirt roads for the Shire, what we would call a county in the states. The person who does this literally goes out for months at a time and makes his circuit, then comes in to resupply and starts all over again, much like the fence riders in the old west. His yard was filled with machinery--the kinds of things most men would love to have. This machinery can move lots of dirt, and make all kinds of improvements to ones property. Bill is also a miner, and has his own gold claim.
Then I got talking to him about his youth. It turns out he was raised in the Outback. One of his first jobs was showing Special Forces members how to tame wild camels in the desert regions during survival training. You do this by running along side them, in his case barefooted, and jumping on their necks, and then holding on for dear life until you have wrestled them to the ground. Just for a little background here, I wear cowboy boots and jeans and spent a large portion of the time at night picking thorns and spiny things out of them. To run barefooted through this terrain is something else. Again, I had a hard time believing it, but he was barefooted the whole time we were together. Then I noticed he had lots of different mineral specimens lying around. After a few questions, I found out he had collected them and could get more, so off we go and hopefully next year you will get to see some of these new materials in our designs.
Well that’s about all for now. I'll keep you posted.
Safe Travels,
J
More from Jay King on hsn.com:
» Shop all Mine Finds by Jay King Jewelry
» The story behind Jay King Jewelry
» How to take care of your gemstones
» Read more from Jay King's blog

Comments
by Crystallia7 on ‎09-09-2010 12:02 AM

Hi Jay, I have a question for you. There is a necklace on HSN's website, it's an Amber necklace, it has 6 rows like a waterfall and it has a toggle closure which I love. If you want to take a glance at it, the item number is 962-054. My question is, if you were to make something like this, would your cost be about what this one is costing? Reason why I am asking is, I am thinking about purchasing this necklace, but if you were to make something similar to this, I would difinitely wait for it.

by Crystallia7 on ‎09-09-2010 12:17 AM

Hi Jay, It's me again. oh by the way, my name is Shelly. The reason why I was asking you about an amber waterfall necklace, I had purchased a necklace from you on HSN about oh 3 years maybe. It's a light green (can't remember the name of the gemstone), has other colors of gems with it, it's a waterfall w/toggle closure. Do you remember this necklace? Well, it is BEAUTIFUL!! That's why I was wondering if you ever thought of doing something like that in an Amber waterfall.
Thanks Jay
Shelly

by (anon) on ‎09-09-2010 03:13 PM

Hi Shelly can't say much since it's top secret but tune in for the December show and you might find something of interest. Best J

by Lizzy13 on ‎09-14-2010 04:40 PM

Hi Jay, since I love all my Jay King earrings and won't send them back, I offer this suggestion for the ladies out there that might have problems with the small backs on some of the earrings or even some of the heavier earrings. I simply replace the backs with inexpensive bullet clutch backs the ones with the nice round pad they are easier to grasp and I find that it seems to keep larger earrings in place so they don't pull as much. Love U Jay.

by rererere on ‎09-16-2010 10:09 PM

Hi Jay,
Happy Birthday. I'm looking forward to your next visit to HSN in October. You have beautiful jewelry and I have brought alot over the years. Thanks again, and I look forward to watching HSN the next time your on.
Lori H
New York

by cactusstar on ‎09-18-2010 02:04 AM

Happy Birthday Jay! September is my birth month too! I also love Fall and the colors it brings. I also lived in NM (my mom was born in Roswell). No wonder I love your jewelry so much, we have a lot in common! My awesome husband gave me two of your necklaces for my birthday : Item: 951-978 * Stabilized Turquoise: * Amazonite: * Stabilized Bronzite: (I just can't say enough good things about the beauty of this piece)! And the Maitso Island Stone Item: 372-349. It too is a beauty!

by Lulu22 on ‎09-19-2010 09:52 AM

Happy Birthday, Jay. You are my hero! My father has lived in Albuquerque for the past 40 years and I also lived there for 3 before moving back East. I have been making jewelry for the past 3 years, and just as you said on your last HSN visit, I do one-of-a-kind as I can only afford a small amount of beads at one time. I wish I had been bitten by the jewelry bug much earlier in life. I am 63 so I came to the party late. When I grow up I wish I could be just like you. Thanks for what you do.

by ohiotexan13 on ‎09-21-2010 02:19 PM

Mr. King,
i've bought several pieces of yours for my Mom, who absolutely loves your work. I see that you have some rings for men, but i'd like to see you branch out with more selection of stones for men's rings like Arizona Pietersite, Cooperite, South African Serpentine or even amber. Please think about it. I know that you would have an even bigger clientele with this.
Thanks.

by turqqueen on ‎09-22-2010 01:48 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT COUNTRY THE YELLOW HUNAN SUNRAY NECKLACE WAS MINED FROM. I WAS VERY EXCITED TO RECEIVE THIS BEAUTIFUL NECKLACE. NEVER OWNED A YELLOW NECKLACE. I ALSO LIKE IT WHEN YOU STRING UP NECKLACES WITH DIFFERENT COLORED STRINGING TO MATCH THE STONES. I HAVE THE GREEN NECKLACE THAT SHELLY MENTIONED. THIS NECKLACE HAD PRETTY LIGHT GREEN STRINGING. ALSO HAVE A BLACK CORDED MOTHER OF PEARL AND TURQUOISE NECKLACE I BOUGHT FROM YOU. HOPE YOU CAN SELL MORE COLOR STRUNG NECKLACES.

by brenna on ‎09-23-2010 12:12 AM

Jay, I was shocked to find out how many of your items are made in China. For some strange reason, I thought they were made in America!

by (anon) on ‎09-26-2010 09:59 AM

Thanks for sharing this with everyone. Best J

by (anon) on ‎09-26-2010 10:01 AM

Thankyou for the birthday wishes. I finally made it to England this week to visit friends and a mine in Ireland. Best J

by (anon) on ‎09-26-2010 10:02 AM

Thankyou so much I'm glad you like your selections. Tell your husband Hello from all of us. Best J

by (anon) on ‎09-26-2010 10:04 AM

Thanks I've found its never to late to do anything. Have fun creating new designs. Best J

by (anon) on ‎09-26-2010 10:06 AM

Thanks just so happens we will be making a complete line of Mens jewelry. We've already started this in the works. I do listen to everyone and thank everyone for your support and ideas. Best J

by (anon) on ‎09-26-2010 10:08 AM

The original rough can from Northwestern China near Mongolia. It's hard to come by since its in such a remote region. We will continue to experiment with differant stringing materials. Best J

by (anon) on ‎09-26-2010 10:13 AM

I can't say any of my designs come from one place. That would be impossible for what I do. A good example is my silver. It comes from one foundry in America but the raw material comes from mines around the world. Just like my stones and everything else I use. We do everything possible in America. I have a large staff in New Mexico. We strive to give you the absolute best quality for the absolute best price. That seems to be what most of my viewers want and expect. Best J

by Cheer888 on ‎09-26-2010 03:52 PM

I'm sure you are always crazy busy, but I submitted a question earlier and was hoping to get a reply. I know that you said you were going to bring more stand alone pendants, in fact I just purchased one recently. Would you consider offering the following three pendants without the necklaces as they are currently being sold on HSN.com? They are: 1. Anhui Turq LG pear-shaped pendant 2. LG Turq tapered pendant (has earrings that match) 3. LG Cross Pendant that is on a beaded necklace. Thanks!

by socwkr on ‎09-27-2010 11:59 PM

Jay,
I love your all your designs. I recently was watching on a "sister" network and they had Smithsonite. What a beautiful stone and although pricey do you think you would every use than in your jewelery making? It is so gorgeous but in searching mostly you would have to by crystals. I belive it is mined in the USA.
Have you ever worked with it?
Thank you for all your beautiful things.

by turqqueen on ‎09-29-2010 11:05 AM

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS VERY SPECIAL. HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED BRINGING BACK DESIGNS FROM WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED ON HSN? FOR THOSE WHO MISSED OUT ON YOUR DESIGNS, IT WOULD BE A REAL NICE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY THOSE. WILL YOU BE DOING ANYMORE CONCH SHELL NECKLACES? HOW ABOUT USING EXOTIC SHELLS OTHER THAN MOTHER OF PEARL AND ABALONE WITH A MIX OF GEMSTONES THAT COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER FOR A DESIGN?

by (anon) on ‎09-30-2010 07:14 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I've thought about bringing back some designs but I always am designing so many new things I just don't get to it. The Conch shell unfortunely was a one shot deal. I've been working on new shells this trip actually. Best J

by (anon) on ‎09-30-2010 07:16 AM

Yes I have worked with it. The problem is the price and getting enough quantity to do a real project. Thanks for your input. Best J

by (anon) on ‎09-30-2010 07:21 AM

Thanks for your interest. I'm sorry if I didn't reply right away. I really try but most of the places I go I don't have internet access. I'm in the one place that has a hot spot in the village where I'm writing this from. The answer is yes I have several stand alones coming up in the next shows. I will continue to offer more designs. I can't say they will match perfectly but will be of the same materials in some cases. Hope this answered your request. Best J

by tiggie686 on ‎10-01-2010 12:45 AM

Hi Jay, Happy Birthday. I have a problem and I hope that you can help me. My husband bought me the spiney oyster shell set and I wore the set twice and when I went to take the earrings off the post fell off one. I took it to a jewler here in town and they said that they could not fix it. I hope that you can help me as I love the set and want to wear it again. Thank You.

by Robin107 on ‎10-03-2010 03:50 PM

Hello Jay! I soooo want one of the bowls the item # was 780349 is there any way to know in advance when you will have this bowl so I could order one please? Love your shows! Robin

by preciouswood on ‎10-04-2010 06:35 PM

Hi Jay. I hope you had a safe trip back home from overseas. There was a blogger, SOCWKR, who had sent you a comment about a stone called Smithsonite on Sept. 27, 2010. What color is it,what is the durability of it, and where does this material come from? I have never heard of this material before. Also, I wanted you to know that I look forward to watching some of your segments on your 15th Anniversary Weekend---Oct. 15-18, 2010, on H.S.N. Take care. I love you, and what you do with your stones!

by turqqueen on ‎10-05-2010 04:34 PM

Hi jay. Will you be designing any more collar necklaces that you did in the style of the red and salmon coral in any other gemstones? I think black agate, malachite and turquoise would be stunning. Will you be doing any peach quartz necklaces soon?

by (anon) on ‎10-09-2010 09:17 AM

We have designed the same necklace in a few new stones. I'm still working on rough material that is the right quality and price to make it work. I'm not doing anything in peach quartz right now but have so many new things coming up it makes me dizzy. Or dizzier than the normal me. Best J

by (anon) on ‎10-09-2010 09:21 AM

Hi Robin I always try to give everyone a heads up on the Blog when they are coming up. Since they are so limited in supply. We have a standing order all the time with the artist. I believe we are offering 200 of the turquoise bowls for the November visit. Thanks for your interest. Best J

by (anon) on ‎10-09-2010 09:24 AM

I always will take care of you on anything you buy from me. Please go to HSN customer service and pull up key word Jay King. This will tell you how to send us you're personal information. We'll contact you on how to send it to us and I'll fix it for nothing or make you a new pair. Your husband sounds like a good man. Take care J

by (anon) on ‎10-09-2010 09:33 AM

Hi this is a very special form of Calcite which is botryoidal. I have seen it in Namibia, Zambia, and my native state New Mexico. Its very hard to get any quantity of it in the same color. It comes in almost every color of the rainbow. I'm always on the lookout though. Thanks for your interest. Best J

by Deanna7 on ‎10-10-2010 04:59 PM

Happy October, Jay! Please consider making one of your ten-strand liquid silver necklaces with lapis beads. I have your green turquoise and coral designs and would enjoy the same style with lapis. Thanks for all you do. D.

by (anon) on ‎10-11-2010 11:27 AM

As always thanks for the input. The answer is yes we will actually be offering this style in many stones. Lapis is one of them Best J

by preciouswood on ‎10-11-2010 11:47 AM

Hi Jay. My name is Carol. Do you remember you had called me when you were in Florida just before you left on your trip overseas in Sept.? I wanted to ask you if you would ever be able to design and make a rough, but polished 18-20MM nugget necklace w/2" S.S. extender with your little heart and hook closure in Rhodonite material? This is such a beautiful and unique shade of raspberry/pink hue! Please let me know. Take care. Have fun, and be safe in your travels wherever you may be. Love you, Jay.

by Lanette72 on ‎10-17-2010 07:32 PM

Hi Jay, Great October show! As usual I get in trouble when your on HSN. Please continue to make stand alone earrings that match w/ other pieces. Questions, will you be making earrings to the multi-color lace agate (item#486-701). I love the browns in this necklace, it goes with every color of brown. Will you be bringing any stones w/ the burgundy color or are there such stones that have burgundy in them? Last questions, do you ever get stones from Bauxite, AR or AR?

by Noonette on ‎04-04-2012 04:36 PM

HELP - I bought the WAVY COPPER collar necklace and it's tarnished black in places. What should I use to clean it?

by mutozee on ‎07-24-2013 02:46 PM

Jay, I love your jewelry. I have lots of beautiful items and always get compliments. I love the copper settings BUT there is something in my system that just turns it a dull brown? What can I do to restore the copper color?
Thanks, Michele

by mutozee on ‎07-24-2013 02:47 PM

I'm having the same problem? Any solution?

Conversation Stats
38 Replies
09.08.2010 12:50 PM
0 Smiles
18 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...