DarleneCahill | Partner | 04.08.2012 4:20 PM 1 Person Smiled

Hi Sewing Friends,
Today's machines are always evolving to increase their functionality with interesting stitch patterns and unique presser feet. If you're fortunate enough to have a machine with an included fringe foot, like the Singer Anniversary 160 machine or this month's Today's Special, you're in for a treat!
The surface embellishment known as “fringe” is made with thread.  This airy, flirty and feminine frill is full of fun! You can loop it, eyelash it or 'mow the grass' with it. Here's how it works.
The presser foot has a metal raised bar in the center. This is the hurdle that the thread has to pass over before penetrating each side sweep of your zigzag stitch. Passing over across this bar makes the loops, and cutting the loops makes the fringe.
I used the fringe to embellish the paisleys on this Hobo bag – my husband and son think they look like amoebas. Fringe can be used in fashion, home decor and crafts, so get your fringe on soon!

SUPPLIES

• Fringe Foot
  • 12 wt. cotton thread for thicker fringe, as seen in blue on the chart
  • 40 wt. embroidery thread for softness and sheen, as seen in green on the chart
  • Variegated for a multi-colored affect

DIRECTIONS

1. Thread your machine and bobbin
  2. Attach the fringe foot
  3. Follow the selections from the chart below. All tension settings were at 1.

StitchLengthWidth
Stretch ZigzagS13.5
Slant Overage.052 two rows
Zigzag.053
Zigzag.045
Stretch OverageS12 one side cut
Satin Stitch.045 loops cut
The exact settings were used for the blue, 12 wt. cotton thread and the green, 40 wt. embroidery thread fringe.
On the 5th example down, I cut the threads on the side that swept over, not the locking side. Then I added a satin stitch over the thread path to add an anchor row for stability.
TIP* The shorter the stitch length, the thicker the fringe; and the narrower the stitch, the longer the fringe. It's best to use a 'stretch over casting' if you're making the eyelash. This locking stitch will help anchor one side of the stitching, so your lashes won't fall out.
TIP* Be sure to stabilize the fabric first, so the fringe stitching doesn't tunnel.
EMBROIDERY FACTOID
Did you know that you can use Singer Futura's Hyperfont to make monograms?  Using the software wizard, just import one letter at a time and change the color of the letter once you place it in the hoop. Then you can manipulate – highlight and enlarge or stretch, flip, or rotate – each letter individually for a personalized monogram. You can also use one of the 30 frames to customize the overall outline. Try it!
WHEN TO WATCH

• On April 10th there will be a brand-new Singer Today's Special. More to come!
  • 12 a.m., 1 a.m., 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 7 p.m., & 10 p.m.!

Thanks for stopping by!
See you next month,
Add your reply here...
COMMENTS
donnag2964 | New Friend | 01.27.2013 10:12 PM

I need the flower cheat sheet for plus one. Would you send please I didn't know how to print it off facebook. Thank you Donna

dolly51 | New Friend | 01.26.2013 7:38 AM

I can answer my own question...I went down to the Hancock Fabric/Sewing store last night to get some things and found they have a "stand alone" piece of equipment to use with larger spools of thread. It was real reasonable. So I will go ahead and order the larger spools of thread and then if need be I can always get the other equipment.

dolly51 | New Friend | 01.25.2013 12:54 PM

Hi...I just received the One Plus machine. Can the larger 660 yd spools of thread be used on this machine? Was getting ready to order some but wanted to make sure they could be used on this machine. Thank you.

sonny653 | New Friend | 09.20.2012 9:45 PM

hi darlene can you use the fringe foot and the flower attachement in any singer sewing machines?

yankee6281 | New Friend | 07.30.2012 3:08 PM

Just purchased the heavy duty singer w/ quilting table & was wondering where i might find the chart your husband made for the flowers? BTW, I just love watching you, you have amazing enthusiasm when showing these machines!!

Leslie626 | New Friend | 07.23.2012 3:08 PM

Hi Darlene!
Newbie here, and need all the help I can get! Would you kindly please forward the cheatsheet to me? lward@hargray.com
Maybe I'll get to make something after all!

mamaw94 | New Friend | 07.17.2012 11:59 AM

Hello. I just purchased the Singer Athena sewing machine. You mentioned on-air that you had created sewing tips and other ideas using the sewing feet. How can I get this sent to me? Have a blessed day.

dadmom3j | New Friend | 07.13.2012 11:35 PM

darlene the most recent singer that I have is the singer heavy duty sewing machine and was hoping to get the flower chart cheat sheet sent to me. I always love watching you on the show and have singer 1000+ computerized machine, and the singer professional 5 thread serger. Thanks!

sasha1245 | New Friend | 07.10.2012 10:21 PM

darlene please send me the cheat sheets for the flower foot and the fringe foot you said you would send the cheat sheets out if
we asked you email emilie12b@comcast.net
thank you

mamsharon | New Friend | 06.22.2012 2:01 AM

I ordered the cd on my sewing machine and tht sent me how to work basics on all sewing machines. I have a Singer Heavy Duty 5532 and I need to know how to zigzag around appliques on this sewin machine.

sasha1245 | New Friend | 06.18.2012 9:46 PM

darlene i just purchased the singer heavy duty with all of the attachemnts and you had said you could send the cheat sheet for the flowers and the fringe it we wrote to you please send it to me with
how i can print it to my printer or sent to my house thank you

janis694 | New Friend | 05.20.2012 1:42 PM

Hi Darlene,
I purchase the HE-1 Embroidery Mchine. How can I get a design downloaded from brother web site to be recognized on my computer. When I downloaded the pes file and tried to open it my computer did not recognize the file. How can I correct this. Please Help!
Janis

mymika | New Friend | 05.11.2012 9:04 PM

Hi sewthankful, I've gooled your site and sent e-mail, still looking for the flowe chart and fringe chart. Like your web site!
Thanks, Mymika

Grits1224 | New Friend | 05.11.2012 4:13 PM

Hey Darlene!
I know you will be back on HSN on May 19 and 20. Please bring back the HD commercial grade Singer sewing machine at that excellent price! I have been waiting for it to come back on!

SewThankful | Visitor | 05.09.2012 2:41 PM

Hi Geo,
Thank you for purchasing the SEQS-6000 from HSN! You may find extra accessory feet on the Singer Website.
You may also contact their dedicated HSN customer service line to ask a specific question at 1-800-877-7391.
I hope you'll visit my website and invite your wife to visit my Face Book fan page to hear what others are saying about the machines. They post their projects and it's inspiring. Thanks for writing!

kyucker_1 | New Friend | 05.06.2012 9:36 AM

egroeg47 - you can purchase the extra feet from singerco.com. Just look up your machine and check under accessories. you will be able to find the feet available for your wife's machine.

egroeg47 | New Friend | 05.05.2012 1:40 PM

Darlene,
My wife bought the HSN singer seqs-6000 machine in late April. She loves the machine, but is having difficulty finding other presser feet that will work on that machine. She is needing for example a roller foot and a pintuck foot. She has also mentioned a gathering foot and a walking foot. Is there a source for accessories for this particular machine. The web sites that we have looked at don't clearly indicated if the parts they sell work on this machine. We love your presentations. Geo

Lillybelle699 | New Friend | 04.28.2012 11:28 AM

Hi Darlene,
When is the Quantum L-500 coming back to HSN?
Thank you much.

CupaTea | Regular Visitor | 04.25.2012 1:02 PM

One more thing I love the table that came with the machine I am using it and it is like a machine built in to a cabinet. no fabric hanging over the side.
I will be making 2 throw pillows to match my curtains, planning on making circles on one and flowers on the other.
Thanks again DC Sewthankful. Very thankful for all your help. Great customer service. I love the flower chart thanks again for that too.

CupaTea | Regular Visitor | 04.25.2012 12:55 PM

HI Sewthankful,
Thank you for the tip. Did it that way and it still did not thread. Maybe the eye of the needle is a little small. Should be a size 14 needle that came in the machine according to the book. Hope I did not crash it.
The book mentions about a 1/4 inch pressure foot. As far as I can tell the 1/4 inch pressure foot is the straight foot that comes with the HD5532. The true 1/4" looks completely different. You can 1/4" with the straight foot. Making my 7 sets of curtains on this PH.

SewThankful | Visitor | 04.24.2012 11:16 AM

Hi Mymika, You can Google me and find my site and e-mail me. I'll be happy to send you the charts you're looking for:smileyhappy: Thanks for watching HSN!

SewThankful | Visitor | 04.24.2012 11:15 AM

Hey CupaTea,

Here's a threading tip---The needle has to be in the UPPERMOST position or you'll crash the auto-threader. You may also find it to work better if the presser foot is down---this adds more tension to the thread.Enjoy your 'Power House!'

SewThankful | Visitor | 04.24.2012 11:09 AM

Hi ccthebaglady,
I'm sorry you're having trouble using the ruffler. If you tell me exactly what part you find challenging, I'll be happy to help you:smileyhappy: If you send me your e-mail, I can attach the chart for you as well. Thanks so much for watching our sewing airings on HSN!

SewThankful | Visitor | 04.24.2012 11:06 AM

Hi Jaam,
Thank you so much for writing and for your comments! I will be presenting the new Brother Embroidery only machine on April 30th --- Show times are 6am, 10am, & 4pm! Thanks for watching! Hope to see you then!

SewThankful | Visitor | 04.24.2012 11:05 AM

HI nannyone, I'm so glad you like the machine! I can send you the flower chart if you send me your e-mail. You will need to drop the feed dogs for the foot to work properly with medium to heavyweight fabrics. I would suggest an additional floor or table lamp, preferably an Ott-Lite:smileyhappy:

Add your reply here...

Darlene's Threads: Fringe Benefits

by Partner DarleneCahill on ‎04-08-2012 04:20 PM (854 Views)

Hi Sewing Friends,
Today's machines are always evolving to increase their functionality with interesting stitch patterns and unique presser feet. If you're fortunate enough to have a machine with an included fringe foot, like the Singer Anniversary 160 machine or this month's Today's Special, you're in for a treat!
The surface embellishment known as “fringe” is made with thread.  This airy, flirty and feminine frill is full of fun! You can loop it, eyelash it or 'mow the grass' with it. Here's how it works.
The presser foot has a metal raised bar in the center. This is the hurdle that the thread has to pass over before penetrating each side sweep of your zigzag stitch. Passing over across this bar makes the loops, and cutting the loops makes the fringe.
I used the fringe to embellish the paisleys on this Hobo bag – my husband and son think they look like amoebas. Fringe can be used in fashion, home decor and crafts, so get your fringe on soon!

SUPPLIES

• Fringe Foot
  • 12 wt. cotton thread for thicker fringe, as seen in blue on the chart
  • 40 wt. embroidery thread for softness and sheen, as seen in green on the chart
  • Variegated for a multi-colored affect

DIRECTIONS

1. Thread your machine and bobbin
  2. Attach the fringe foot
  3. Follow the selections from the chart below. All tension settings were at 1.

StitchLengthWidth
Stretch ZigzagS13.5
Slant Overage.052 two rows
Zigzag.053
Zigzag.045
Stretch OverageS12 one side cut
Satin Stitch.045 loops cut
The exact settings were used for the blue, 12 wt. cotton thread and the green, 40 wt. embroidery thread fringe.
On the 5th example down, I cut the threads on the side that swept over, not the locking side. Then I added a satin stitch over the thread path to add an anchor row for stability.
TIP* The shorter the stitch length, the thicker the fringe; and the narrower the stitch, the longer the fringe. It's best to use a 'stretch over casting' if you're making the eyelash. This locking stitch will help anchor one side of the stitching, so your lashes won't fall out.
TIP* Be sure to stabilize the fabric first, so the fringe stitching doesn't tunnel.
EMBROIDERY FACTOID
Did you know that you can use Singer Futura's Hyperfont to make monograms?  Using the software wizard, just import one letter at a time and change the color of the letter once you place it in the hoop. Then you can manipulate – highlight and enlarge or stretch, flip, or rotate – each letter individually for a personalized monogram. You can also use one of the 30 frames to customize the overall outline. Try it!
WHEN TO WATCH

• On April 10th there will be a brand-new Singer Today's Special. More to come!
  • 12 a.m., 1 a.m., 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 7 p.m., & 10 p.m.!

Thanks for stopping by!
See you next month,

Comments
by fancisweets on ‎04-10-2012 02:23 AM

Can this fringe foot be used on the new 160 anniversay machine?

by TEXASGALBLUE on ‎04-10-2012 05:01 AM

Hi Darlene,
Will you please, post the directions to the flower foot to your blog on HSN. I don't have a facebook acct. Thanks, so much.

by maudie468 on ‎04-10-2012 10:57 AM

Would also like the chart your husband put together for you on the
flower foot settings- just ordered todays's special and I can't wait for it to come- I've used a basic SInger for years- this will be great!

by kidsmusic on ‎04-10-2012 11:03 AM

Is the pattern for that above pictured hobo bag available? It is adorable and would love to make it.

by vsherrill on ‎04-10-2012 12:47 PM

Hi Darlene,
I would also like the flower chart, (cheat sheet you mentioned), cant find it on facebook.

by wannalearn2 on ‎04-10-2012 01:34 PM

Darlene,
I's also love to have the flower foot chart your hubby made up but I'm not on Facebook. Would you place it on the HSN site and let us know? Thanks!!

by wannalearn2 on ‎04-10-2012 02:31 PM

Darlene,
I ordered the Singer Heavy Duty machine today cna can't wait to get it! I'm new to sewing and am eager to learn the 'how-to's'. (Wish I had all your knowledge now!!!) I LOVE your large computer bag you made and showed on air today. Would you share your pattern/how you made that fanastic bag with your fans? Many thanks in advance!

by chancey2012 on ‎04-10-2012 02:46 PM

I own a Heavy Duty (HD110). Where can I get a Flower Stitch Attachment and Fringe Foot for this model? Thanks

by kjs17 on ‎04-10-2012 03:10 PM

Just bought the Singer Futura Quartet today. Will this fringe foot fit on that - are all the feet compatible? I also realized that the Futura Quartet did not come with a darning/free motion foot, I would have thought it would considering the quilting option with this machine. Are these feet available as accessories through HSN or do you need to go to a Singer dealer? Thanks kjs17

by Sherry345 on ‎04-10-2012 05:21 PM

Need to know if the quilting table will work with the Anniversary Singer.

by justme334 on ‎04-10-2012 05:29 PM

hi Darlene,
i was wondering if you can use the flower stitch foot to sew through an entire quilt without bunching up the material?
i would love to use the flower stitch as a tacking option instead of tacking by hand. i thought it would be great to have the decoration on the front as well as the back.
i just ordered the machine last night and am so excited to have a heavy duty machine again! thanks for all the help you give on the shows.
regards,
roxanne

by beachgirlga on ‎04-10-2012 05:53 PM

Thank you Darlene for all of your tips. I am hoping you will add how you made the ruffle dress

by nana8615 on ‎04-10-2012 06:37 PM

Help I just bought my 3rd singer from hsn. I puchased the todays special I am having trouble finding Diane's husband's chart for the flower foot. I can't wait to use it when I get my "Mothers day gift". Please let me know how I can get it

by nana8615 on ‎04-10-2012 06:39 PM

Help I just bought my 3rd singer from hsn. I puchased the todays special I am having trouble finding Diane's husband's chart for the flower foot. I can't wait to use it when I get my "Mothers day gift". Please let me know how I can get it I don't think I asked this before but if I did please forgive mme and send me it again Thanks

by CraftyGal on ‎04-10-2012 10:18 PM

Hi Darlene,
I have had the flower-foot for a few months but just got enough courage to try it out today.The flower foot works fine on my machine but I need more pratice. My machine is a Singer SES2000 which I have only owned for a couple of months so have much to learn about hyper-fonts and all. Enjoy watching your shows with the inventive ideas and your beautiful projects. Thanks H.S.N.

by Xanadu on ‎04-10-2012 11:25 PM

Dear Darlene,
I ordered the Today's Special Heavy Duty Singer today. You sold me on it when you demonstrated how many layers it can sew through. My husband's jeans, hunting clothes, and work clothes are made of heavy fabric and this machine appears to be just what is needed! Also, I love all the accessories that come with it .... many, many wonderful and fun possibilities! I barely got in on this deal! So glad I made it "under the wire."

by CupaTea on ‎04-11-2012 10:33 AM

Hi Darlene and everyone that got yesterdays special Singer Heavy duty sewing machine. I was on the fence about it because I have the fQ4in1. I did get the special. Love the extras that come with it.
My Q is can I use the ruffler and fringe and flower foot on my FQ4n1? I have been looking to purchase these pressurer feet for my FQ. I too would like the chart for the flower foot. I do not have a face book so please post them here. Thanks
Great show Darlene Congrats on the sell out.
Cup a tea

by craftylady35 on ‎04-11-2012 04:15 PM

The daisy or flower foot chart you are looking for is on Darlene's February Valentines Day blog. Also if you do a search engine search you will find all of the newer presser feet that you can buy individually. I have had the circular, daisy foot and fringe foot for sometime now and love all of them. They are @ $20 each.

by habdab6067 on ‎04-12-2012 12:44 AM

Darlene, sorry this is abit off the subject of the fringe foot, but I am wondering what is the difference between the 2 futura machines HSN is selling? I have tried to figure this out but am having some problems doing so. Any help would be appreciated

by Luv2sew138 on ‎04-12-2012 01:56 AM

Hi Darlene,
Great show. Always learn watching you for 15 years now. Happy Anniversary. Bought the Singer Quantum you had way back then. I do not have facebook. Please post the chart your hubby made for the flower foot. I got the heavy duty last time. Love all Hsn machines and bought them as you are so helpful in what we need. I have bought 7 machines from you. They are my kids and luv to sew, embroider. Keep up the good work and energy you bring to the sewing world. Luv U.
Diane/So.East Pa.

by CupaTea on ‎04-12-2012 10:32 AM

Hi Craftylady35,
Thank you for pointing me to the Feb Valentine day blog. I saved the chart from there. The chart that everyone is looking for of the flower foot was the chart that Darlene showed on the HD singer To day special on Tuesday. The chart not only has the cheats for the flowers but also for stars and other designs made with the Flower foot.
I can get the circular foot from singer site. Not the others that the HD has. Fringe foot or ruffle foot. I am searching around for them.
Thanks.

by CupaTea on ‎04-12-2012 11:39 AM

They 2 fQ's 4n1 you are seeing are the same exact machine. One is sold out the other is for purchase. One of the things you are not getting with the other is the walking foot. I too tried to figure it out what was different. It could be a few things less. I got it back in Dec011 might have been a show stopper. Loving it. I have been sewing lots on it and did 5 embroided towels. I got it for the price of the other one now with lots of feet and the software. I did place a review on sold out one.

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:27 AM

Hi Fancisweets, Yes! In fact, the Anniversary machine sold on HSN in January did come with the Fringe Foot! Thanks for watching!

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:30 AM

Texasgalblue, It would be faster for you to drop me a note and I'll attach it in an e-mail. This post is already up and it would have to wait until May.type me in your search engine to find me Darlene Cahill

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:31 AM

wannalearn2--I'll ask the tech team if they can post it here. It may have to wait until May. If you want it now, you can send me a request via e-mail and I'll attach the file for you.

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:33 AM

Chancey2012, Thank you for finding me here and asking a great question! You can find both of those feet on Singer's website.

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:37 AM

Hey Wannalearn2, Thanks so much for watching the sewing presentations on HSN. Yes! I'm going to be posting the Computer bag instructions on my website as a FREE download in June. Hope you'll stop by and take a look! You sound 'teachable' ....and when you combine that with your enthusiasm, You;re bound to be a sewing success!

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:40 AM

Hi kjs17, Yippee for you! You have the quartet, which will do it all! Fringe foot on that machine? YES! and you can absolutely accomplish free-motion quilting with the embroidery foot that's used for embroidery. (same thing) You can locate other additional feet through singer on their website! Enjoy your new toy!

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:44 AM

Honestly justme334, It would be very challenging to use the flower foot as a quilting tack unless it was a very small quilt. The fabric has to go all the way around in a circle(bunching is unavoidable on large pieces) and if you have even a little obstruction and hold back or bump the teeth on the foot, it will distort your flower.With that said, you could flower stitch individual blocks before you join them all together. You'd just have to juggle a few techniques for completion-it can be done!

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:47 AM

Hi nana8615, Thank you for watching HSN and for choosing your machine from us! If you drop me a quick e-mail, I'll attach the flower stitch foot to send you. You can also find it on my FB fanpage. Enjoy your new "baby" and Happy Mother's Day to you! ----Darlene Cahill

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:50 AM

Hi Cupatea, Thank you for asking for the flower chart! You're not alone! If you send me an e-mail I can attach the doc. for you, if not, it may be May before we can post it here. Yes, you can use the fringe and flower foot on the FQ4in1! I'm so happy for you that you have the machines you want and all the extras to go with them! Wishing you many years of sewing bliss!! Darlene Cahill

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:53 AM

Hi Craftylady, The Flower Foot cheat sheet for the 160 and the Flower Foot cheat sheet for the HD are different because those machines do different stitches. You will not get the same results on the HD using the Flower Chart from the 160. I'll be happy to send it to you in an attachment. Drop me an e-mail. I also know where you can find the extra feet. Darlene Cahill

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 09:58 AM

Hi Luvtosew138, Thank you for your sweet congrats and for watching and writing! And a special thank you for purchasing all 7 of your machines from us! Not sure if I can post the chart here.... but you can drop me a line and I'll e-mail it to you in an attachment. So happy for you that you picked up the big mac daddy of them all! Congrats to you and your Singer Sewing Family of machines:smileyhappy: Darlene Cahill

by SewThankful on ‎04-14-2012 10:03 AM

Cupatea, Thanks for answering habdab:smileyhappy: You're correct in that they are basically the same machines with different accessory packages. The most important factor is that the software, two hoops, 125 built-in designs and multi-hooping capability is the same. Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm delighted to hear that you've been enjoying your machine.

by mymika on ‎04-15-2012 02:57 PM

Hi there, how can I e-mail Darlene Cahill to get the HD Flower chart? Also can I get the fringe foot chart?

by CupaTea on ‎04-17-2012 11:51 AM

Hi Darlene,
You are welcome glad I could help. Yes got to love the FQ seqs 6000. This is my first time at machine embroidery and I was impressed that a newbie like me could really embroidery 5 bath towels right off the bat. Wow
Thank you for being there for all us sewing nuts.

by CupaTea on ‎04-17-2012 11:58 AM

Hi all,
Anyone get their new Heavy Duty singer sewing Machine yet? Mine is out for delivery for today. When it gets here I will do a test run. Sorry I do not have any led. I could try an aluminum soda can. Any machine that can really sew any kind of metal has to be awesome.
Sewthankful Darlene, I sent you an email for the flower ft chart. Thanks so much you are truly great.

by honeydew123 on ‎04-18-2012 11:35 AM

HELLO,i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE SAME QUESTIONS, And if there are any instructions for the flower circle if so I would like them not sure where the pin goes if you can help PLEASE and let me know if we can use these on are FQ Thanks

by Maria996_1 on ‎04-18-2012 11:46 PM

Dear Darlene Cahill
I have a question about the Futura 4 in 1 Machine ?
I have tried to get a clip art from singer free designs and it didn't come out some well they come out all scramble can't tell the design.
is it my computer i have 2GB ;memory of 1 T DO I NEED TO UP GRADE THE GB'S? I have sewn for 26 years this is an awesome machine I am just suck on that problem clip arts can you help?

by CupaTea on ‎04-19-2012 04:46 PM

I did get my HD5532 Little power house. loving it. I have tried the Decorative stitches and the ruffler,very nice. I cannot seem to get the auto threader to work so have to thread by hand for the mean time.
I will be sewing heavy fabrics on this little guy.
Hope you all enjoy your new machine.

by SewThankful on ‎04-20-2012 10:22 AM

Hi Maria996, Thanks for asking! and congrats on owning the Quartet 4in 1. Singer does not have clip art on their site. They offer already digitized embroidery designs. You can tell from the file extension FHE,CHE,XXX,PSW,PEC,PES,HUS,SHV,VIP,JEF,SEW,EXP,DST & PCS are all embroidery formats. To use AUTOPUNCH and digitize your own designs using clip art, Vector art works the best---such as.WMV
Hope this helps! Happy Embroidering~~~

by SewThankful on ‎04-20-2012 10:25 AM

One more thing. You cannot "SEE" embroidery designs on your computer screen unless you're in the Futura software program which identifies them.Once you've navigated through the Wizard windows, you'll be able to bring up the design in the small navigation window to check before loading it onto your computer screen. So be sure to label them well to 'ring a bell' when you see the name in a file folder ex: '3 pink tulips-vase' You may be able to see clip art on your computer though.

by JAAM on ‎04-20-2012 02:35 PM

Hi Darlene,
I am so excited! I saw on the program guide that there was going to be a world launch on a brother sewing machine at the end of april! Will you be presenting it. I hope so. You are always so informative. I love to watch and learn from your presentations.

by nannyone on ‎04-21-2012 01:46 AM

Please send me the chart for the flower attachment. To use it do you need to drop feed dogs? .I do like the heavy duty machine but the light is terrible, can I use a different bulb for more light? Thanks

by ccthebaglady on ‎04-22-2012 10:17 PM

Hi Darlene I'm having problems finding someone to help me with my ruffler. I purchased the heavy duty Singer I also still own and use the first singer ever built so I know Singer is the best. I don't have facebook so I'm unable to get those awesome charts you have, is there any other way to get them ?

by SewThankful on ‎04-24-2012 11:05 AM

HI nannyone, I'm so glad you like the machine! I can send you the flower chart if you send me your e-mail. You will need to drop the feed dogs for the foot to work properly with medium to heavyweight fabrics. I would suggest an additional floor or table lamp, preferably an Ott-Lite:smileyhappy:

by SewThankful on ‎04-24-2012 11:06 AM

Hi Jaam,
Thank you so much for writing and for your comments! I will be presenting the new Brother Embroidery only machine on April 30th --- Show times are 6am, 10am, & 4pm! Thanks for watching! Hope to see you then!

by SewThankful on ‎04-24-2012 11:09 AM

Hi ccthebaglady,
I'm sorry you're having trouble using the ruffler. If you tell me exactly what part you find challenging, I'll be happy to help you:smileyhappy: If you send me your e-mail, I can attach the chart for you as well. Thanks so much for watching our sewing airings on HSN!

by SewThankful on ‎04-24-2012 11:15 AM

Hey CupaTea,

Here's a threading tip---The needle has to be in the UPPERMOST position or you'll crash the auto-threader. You may also find it to work better if the presser foot is down---this adds more tension to the thread.Enjoy your 'Power House!'

by SewThankful on ‎04-24-2012 11:16 AM

Hi Mymika, You can Google me and find my site and e-mail me. I'll be happy to send you the charts you're looking for:smileyhappy: Thanks for watching HSN!

Conversation Stats
70 Replies
04.08.2012 4:20 PM
2 Smiles
30+ in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...