Bring the Southwest Home

by Partner JayKing on ‎11-13-2012 03:59 PM (60 Views)

Mark your calendars to catch Jay on HSN: Saturday, November 24 at 2:00 a.m. ET and again at 6:00 p.m. He'll be sharing lots of fun and new products.

Jay's Travel Journal:

I'm in New Mexico working with the team and it's a great time to be in this part of the world. The state is full of bright colors as all the trees leaves are turning - there are seas of color along the river and mountains of fire reds, golden yellows and bright orange. The air is crisp and cold, and it breaths new energy into our designs and gives us inspiration.
Earlier this year we had one of the best Anniversary Events ever and I want to thank everyone who tuned in to see what we've been up to. There were so many great calls and I'm just sorry we didn't have time to take them all. The Today's Special was a huge hit and I was so glad to see you loved the look and realized the unbelievable value of this particular design.
As we look ahead to the November event, I'm just as excited with all we have to offer.

• It will be the  first time we offer the line of Pink Silver. This is a brand new metal that we've been working on for a very long time and I'm finally getting to show it to you!
  • We'll have lots of new designs in Sleeping Beauty Turquoise, Sapphire and Amber, just to name a few.
  • And, there are a bunch of new looks and great deals for the season.

What's most exciting is we have a whole line of new decor items to offer - the largest selection we've brought to you yet, like boxes, picture frames, lamps, candle holders, trivet sets, cabinetry pulls and a coral bowl. Most of these items are being made locally in southwest!
Lastly, for those of you who have been asking for our original turquoise composite bowls; BIG NEWS:  Our artist friend in Arizona was able to create 100 of them using Sleeping Beauty Turquoise. This is probably a once in a lifetime offering so shop early.
Until the 24th, safe travels. J

Comments
by sanfran Admirer on ‎11-13-2012 11:02 PM

Oh My Goodness!The bowls and boxes are now available, and I got ONE of the coral bowls-amazing to look at!When there was only one bowl at a time offered, it was easy to make sure you got it-but, there's a glut of items listed and NO ONE can get them all!So, something will survive to be shown on his show on the 24th-I'm betting the coral bowl will not make it, though! Too many to pick from..darn! Can't get them all! What a choice!! Gave up on the turquoise bowl..have all he made up to now! Sigh!

by (anon) on ‎11-14-2012 10:39 AM

The coral bowls are totally amazing and its part of our new program to manufacture things locally and in the southwest. My friends in Kingman did a great job and I'm proud of how they turned out. Best J

by Admirer 1 Tuscany13 Admirer 1 on ‎11-15-2012 12:18 PM

Jay -- I'm sure this isn't the place to ask a question, but here it goes.
Simply put, how do you clean your copper and brass pieces? I've been reluctant to buy them because I'm afraid of them turning colors.
Also -- how do I clean a liquid silver necklace that has small beads interspersed with the liquid silver? Thanks and happy thanksgiving.

by (anon) on ‎11-16-2012 11:57 AM

Great question. We are trying differant processes prevent tarnish on copper but its a learning process. I don't recomend liquid cleaners and we see lots of damage occuring to mailly the stones We have developed a cleaning kit that has a paste cleaner and differant polishing cloths it will be offered soon. Best J

by sanfran Admirer on ‎11-17-2012 06:23 PM

I couldn't help myself;got 2 of your coral bowls and one of your composite blue turquoise one AND the sandstone photo frame (my brother in Santa Fe takes a lot of photos;I'll put one of his southwestern ones in the frame!) You have really outdone yourself on the non-jewelry decorative pieces!How about tall flower vases in glass with inserts of gemstones?? Selenite pitcher and cupsfor drinks)?Bolo ties?What about a bowl like the one you have on the tv beside you?? Will watch next Saturday!

by (anon) on ‎11-19-2012 01:09 PM

Oh my you've been busy. Were just now trying to make new decor items and I have tons of designs. I make things like this for my own personal use. I did vases and bottles for the bar in turquoise and lapis and people always admire them. Thanks for supporting us and our crafts people, almost all of these are handcrafted in the southwest buy our friends. Best J

by dragonswitch on ‎11-19-2012 04:56 PM

Jay; I'd love to know how to get the new hook necklace closure for my older necklaces from you that feature the old clasp closure ? the older closure makes it very hard for me to wear some of your best necklaces that i own in my opinion. Thanks so much for your time & talent;

by preciouswood on ‎11-21-2012 03:19 PM

Hi Jay, I haven't forgotten about you. It has been incredibly busy here as I am sure it has been for you too! I saw your brand new products on your website this past week. The two Items that I loved the most was your Sleeping Beauty Turq. Bowl and your Arizona Sierra Sandstone Photo Frame. They are really so awesome and precious! I bought your Arizona S. S. Photo Frame because I just couldn't resist that. Very unfortunately, for me, I can't afford your gorgeous S. B. Turq. Bowl. (To be con't.)

by preciouswood on ‎11-21-2012 03:48 PM

Jay, After my purchase of your precious Arizona S. S. Photo Frame, I will not be able to buy anything for a while. :0( However, there is nothing wrong with "window shopping" and wishing about some things you would like to own. I hope to be able to see you, and watch both of your Shows that will be on H.S.N. on Sat., Nov. 24. Try to spend some time and enjoy your company of family and friends, while you can, on the Thanksgiving Day Holiday and weekend! Take care and safe travels. (L.O.L.) Carol

by JW52 on ‎11-24-2012 07:02 PM

Jay, I purchased the turq. bowl a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, you were not given the time to explain what 'turquoise composite' means since the bowl sold out quickly. For me to justify why I am spending $399 on another JK bowl, I really need to better understand what 'composite' means. I have bought 5 of your bowls over the years and am thrilled with all of them. However, I am nervous about this investment because HSN did not give you time to explain the process. Too late to cancel order.

by JW52 on ‎11-24-2012 07:06 PM

cont.
I hope that HSN will give you 2 minutes today to explain the process of creating a 'turquoise composite' bowl today, so that I can know I am not spending $399 on a bowl make out of resin. Otherwise, this is going to eat at me and I am not going to be able to justify keeping it. I am a huge fan, do love your jewelry and the other bowls I have bought over the years.

by lmwp on ‎11-24-2012 10:16 PM

Dear Jay, I was watching your presentation on HSN today and you mentioned the red bowl is from the Kingman mine in Arizona. I live in Kingman. Do you buy it in Kingman and resell as it on HSN? I can get it locally and I am very curious if that's what you do?
I am also curious on your turquoise jewelry, it says Country of Origin: It's China!! Do you buy it in these "places" and just resell it? please tell us just exactly to you purchase and how and why alot of HSN jewelry is from China

by tquoisegal on ‎11-25-2012 03:44 AM

I posted a question earlier today, but didn't see it when I checked site later. So I'll try again. I purchased your turquoise and copper 15" collar necklace in Oct. It is a really stunning design that I like very much. However, it is a completely different color (boulder) from all other pieces of yours that I have purchased. I need help finding earrings that will work with it. I was not able to find anything on dot com, but hard to tell from pictures. Suggestions would be appreciated.

by cillymom on ‎11-25-2012 07:52 AM

Greetings Jay, didn't get to watch your shows this time but did shop online. I am in love with the Black Moss Opal.. Bought both pieces. I have so many pictures taken over the years at the Balloon Fiesta, I know one will find it's way to your picture frame. Very nice!! Hope your Holiday is special with family and friends. Thanks for all you bring us!

by SugarBear5583 on ‎11-25-2012 10:35 AM

Jay, Will you please consider doing a 20" sterling collar? That size in the new pink silver would be great as well. Please, please!

by PuertoPrincess on ‎11-26-2012 09:02 AM

Hi Jay! Can you please make copper pieces with no gemstones to mix and match with your copper jewelry? I am looking for copper rings and bangles to fit a very small wrist. I bought your copper hoop earrings that were offered several months ago and am very happy that I own them. Thanks Jay!

by (anon) on ‎11-26-2012 10:26 AM

Well its always nice to hear from you. I had a great time on my show and get to go today to New Mexico for a week and then I have to travel again the following week, but get to be home for Christmas this year. So looking forward to that. Have a wonderful holiday. Best J

by (anon) on ‎11-26-2012 10:33 AM

This is the only composite bowl I've ever done. This is an artist in Scottsdale Arizona. He has developed a technique to hand fabricate these bowls but in order to do it he has to process the turquoise in a way that makes it workable plus doesn't cost a fortune. As you can see we could only get 100 and this took almost two years plus its Sleeping Beauty turquoise. It is a combination of minerals plus turquoise. It's not plastic it's held together by a polymer.

by (anon) on ‎11-26-2012 10:36 AM

Ran out of room. If your not happy with it I have a Kingman turquoise bowl coming in December made from four pounds of natural nuggets. It's a differant look but really cool. In order to make them smooth like the Sleeping Beauty bowl a composite is the only way it can be done. Hope that explains it. Best J

by (anon) on ‎11-26-2012 10:40 AM

The red bowl is coral. It's not from the Kingman mine its from the South China Sea. Marty and his people handmade the bowl in Kingman. I buy materials from all over the world and we make our jewelry in the same fashion. The bowls are part of some of the items I'm making in America, some are American materials made in America. J

by (anon) on ‎11-26-2012 10:42 AM

Can you give me a style number so I'm sure we're talking about the same design. I'll be able to answer once I know what turquoise it is. Best J

by (anon) on ‎11-26-2012 10:45 AM

Thanks for taking the time to visit us on line. I love the Balloon Fiesta and use to fly my own balloon. For those who haven't got to see it I'm sure you know they're missing out on something breath taking. Happy Holidays. Best J

by (anon) on ‎11-26-2012 10:47 AM

I'll try the new pink silver is harder to work than I had hoped and I'm not sure we will continue to use it.I'll put it in the suggestion book. I'm heading to New Mexico today to design all week. Happy Holidays. J

by (anon) on ‎11-26-2012 10:49 AM

Okay I have lots designed but I haven't been able to place them on a show yet. I'll let the powers to be know your requesting it. Happy Holidays J

by preciouswood on ‎11-26-2012 06:32 PM

Jay, One item was your Blue/Green Anhui Turq. Necklace, and the other was your set of Primrose Marble Trivets, the design which was inspired by your wonderful Sales/Asst., Stacie! It was so nice to see a floral design for a change. I really love flowers.They make such a wonderful "Thinking of You" or any occasion type of gift. Enjoy yourself while you are in your native home of New Mexico this week. Please say "Hi" to Stacie for me, and tell her to read and answer my E-Mail letters when she can.

by preciouswood on ‎11-26-2012 06:53 PM

Hi Jay, It was nice to hear from you again. I had rearranged my schedule of errands so that I could see both of your Shows on Sat., Nov. 24. I really enjoyed seeing you, listening to your stories, and seeing some of your new jewelry and products. I was able to buy two more of your beautiful pieces which I mentioned on my previous Blog dated Nov. 26. I am glad that you will be able to be home for Christmas this year. Stay safe in your travels. Have a Merry Little Christmas! (L.O.L) Carol

by wiscontwin52 on ‎11-27-2012 05:52 PM

Hi Jay!
Was able to catch your shows...beautiful items, all. I have one request and I am sure I'm not alone. I would love to have one of those sterling bangles you presented. I need it in at least an 8 inch length. Please don't forget those of us who need a larger bracelet because we were blessed with a large bone structure, lol. Hope you have a blessed Christmas and am looking forward to seeing you at the end of December! Thank you.

by djspriggy7 on ‎11-27-2012 05:54 PM

test comment

by (anon) on ‎11-29-2012 01:56 PM

Thanks we've got lots going on and this is my last trip to New Mexico for the year. We've been busy filming, designing and Stacie is opening the retail store this week. Happy Holidays J

by (anon) on ‎11-29-2012 01:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Okay I'll make sure and get you something that is a little larger. Happy Holidays J

by betsy911 on ‎11-30-2012 08:42 PM

Hi Jay, I just wanted to tell you how beautiful the lamp is. It looks like a glacier. I've never seen anything like it. Thank God for your mine finds. This is a real winner,make more lamps if possible. It's truly a work of art !!! Merry Christmas to you and your remarkable staff !!!

by Candy229 on ‎12-01-2012 07:49 PM

Jay I have been a fan for years and I do love your wonderful pieces. The copper I purchased is discoloring and I cannot polish it to shine. What is being done for this? Can the items be returned? What is your solution for this issue? Thank you..

by dawna28 on ‎12-01-2012 11:31 PM

Greetings, Jay!
Just wanted to express my gratitude. I recently received my lavendar opal cross on waitlist. Thanks to you, I now have jewelry in my two favorite colors-pink and lavendar. (I also have your rose quartz heart necklace.)
Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas,
Teresa

by ADBI on ‎12-01-2012 11:47 PM

Well Jay, I was all over the corral bowl you had on your show.It arrived and is georgeous!Had to use scotch tape to get all the styrofoam off of it, I'd pick it off one spot to deposit it in another spot. LOL I have only one question though, I have a small Persian Cat that has decided this bowl is her new sleeping spot. What's your suggestion for cleaning it? When she really gets to squirming in it, you'd think it came with a fur coat!! Pets you have to love them!!

by Zoniatg on ‎12-02-2012 06:42 AM

Hi Jay, well I have somewhat of a request. I really haven't bought any jewelry in a few months because I have been looking for something more simple so my request is: Several strands (20, 30 or 40) of small seed beads in Turquoise (blue or green), Lapis, coral or onyx and maybe a 2 inch sterling silver (lets get back to sterling silver) enhancer of a cross, heart, Texas star, Longhorn, concho or flower (okay u know I'm from Texas, lol) and matching earrings, no cuffs just earrings.

by iB39 on ‎12-02-2012 12:28 PM

I splurged and purchesed green moss agate with pendant..It is so beautiful! Thank you sooo much for the smaller stones!!! I have two suggestions, possibly you could sell a clasp to shorten the longer beads..I realize I can find them elsewhere but you could sell a bunch to your cult following! ha I am in the market for a way to easily store and find my jay necklaces. I would love a wall hanging picture frame or mirror that opens (smaller version of over the door) Must have tarnish liner! Thanks

by silverdiva555 on ‎12-02-2012 08:33 PM

Hi Jay,
I have many of your pieces, especially necklaces. I live in Durango, Co. and I still buy from you much of the time! I have 3 of your Lapis necklaces and your Sleeping Beauty and Lapis drop earrings (beautiful), but I want a nice cuff or bangle bracelet in Lapis. I sort of like the bangle you now have online but I think I would like something wider. Anything coming up in the near future?? Keep up the great work. I love watching your shows tho I usually get myself in trouble!!!

by (anon) on ‎12-03-2012 07:50 PM

I'm glad you like it. How about other gemstone globes that rotate and are lit? I'm working on it now. Thanks for letting us know what you think Happy Holidays J

by (anon) on ‎12-03-2012 07:54 PM

I know it is a problem for some people. Its funny some people are having trouble and others aren't at all. Some pieces seem to tarnish others its not a problem. I'll always take care of when you buy anything from me. So I have a cleaning kit coming. We just got UL approval and it will clean everything in silver, or copper and won't hurt the stone or scratch the metal. If that doesn't work for you then let me know I stand behind everything 100% J

by (anon) on ‎12-03-2012 07:56 PM

Thanks so much Happy Holidays to you and yours J

by (anon) on ‎12-03-2012 07:58 PM

Humm okay you got me on that one. I quess tape or a lint roller. I'll experiment on mine and see. Your cat has lots of class I can see. Happy Holidays J

by (anon) on ‎12-03-2012 08:00 PM

Thanks for the idea as you know were making decor boxes at home so I'll see what I can come up with Happy Holidays J

by (anon) on ‎12-03-2012 08:06 PM

I grew up in Farmington and skied Purgatory before it was Durango Mountian, when it was a rope tow and T bar. Love that town and spent lots of my time their during the winter months. Monty who owns Sleeping Beauty mine has the ranch right out of town on the way to the mountian that use to have the old fort trading post. I was just up your way last week. I've got something coming up right down your alley in lapis. It will be next year in Feb. or April event. Happy Holidays J

by betsy911 on ‎12-03-2012 11:57 PM

Wonderful, keep them coming !!!!

by sanfran Admirer on ‎12-04-2012 07:25 AM

Jay, I have lots of your bowls, coaster sets, frames and boxes.Where does the coral come from?The lapis and the green turquoise in the steel vases, and your first lapis and blue and green turquoise bowls that have the "rougher" look?I need to record these sources as people keep asking me about them.Also, the turquoise in your coaster sets from months ago;source?And your first boxes (marked with craftsman's name); source?Pls. bring back saddle mt. necklace even if you can't use that stone!

by Admirer 3 REDDI Admirer 3 on ‎12-05-2012 07:07 PM

Dear Jay,
Despite many days of trying, and the assistance of 3 Customer Service people, I've been unable to write a review of your Red Coral Bowl on the product description page. So, HERE it is: In sum, it's incredible! After cleaning-out the minutely shredded shipping foam (vacuum & brush utilized) this piece is fabulous!! Truly, it IS! I am so proud to have it in my home, along with quite a few of your other home decorative pieces. I am thrilled it was made in Kingman!! YES! THANK YOU!!!!!

by (anon) on ‎12-07-2012 02:01 PM

Hi the original turquoise bowls the rough was from Mexico the latest Sleeping Beauty. The coasters where Kingman. The original lapis bowl was Chileian. The mosiac bowls where Saddle Mountian, Red Skin, and Lapis was Afghanistan. The coral is from Indonesia. I have a cooper necklace with the new anti-tarnish with blue turquoise from Tibet and blue turquoise from Mongolia coming for December that is just super cool and crazy price as the TS. Best J

by (anon) on ‎12-07-2012 02:03 PM

I'm glad you liked it. Imagine if I could do a bowl out of four pounds of genuine natural Kingman turquoise nuggets, made by hand in Kingman. Do you think that would be supper cool? If so might want to check us out at the end of December. Happy Holidays J

by cencu on ‎12-15-2012 02:04 PM

Hi Jay, I too have alot of your designs that I LUV but the copper neck wire, ring and pendant with copper on it is tarnished too. I keep nd even use a colleen no tarnish box. How will we know when the cleaner is available? Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year! CAJ

by gaitedhorses on ‎12-30-2012 11:16 PM

Not sure how to reach you Jay? Turquoise....I have old mind fine Turquoise that my parents had, plus so many other finds. I'm in CA and sure would like to shgow you all. If in CA please look me up.
Calimesa, CA

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.