lhilts | New Friend | 11.25.2013 5:57 PM

I've been using my points to enter one of the contests and just now saw there was a limit of 5.  So, a couple of questions:  First, does that disqualify me or just count the first 5 entries?  Second, why would the sweepstakes keep taking my points if I reached the limit?

I'm a bit of a newbie on this site and would appreciate some advice.

Thanks!

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Seanchai | Inspirer 3 | 11.25.2013 11:44 PM 2 People have Smiled

Hi, lhilts - welcome to the forums!

I believe what you may have been experiencing is a 'roll-over' prize. For example: in the Toyota sweepstakes you are (I believe) allowed to enter 5 times *each week* up until Dec. 19th. (HSN Rep, please correct this if I'm wrong!)

Also, on the Toyota gift bundles (All that glitters, Chalet Chic, Oh What Fun, etc.) Each prize period, HSN seems to be offering 3 of these 'gift bundle' type prizes - so while you may have entered to win one that was given away last week, the one in the rewards store currently is, in fact, a different prize. (Did that make any sense? LOL.)

Regardless, in my experience, the Rewards Store is very strict on the entries - if you have entered the current sweepstakes too many times it will be sure to tell you so and will not allow you further entries. *IF* by some chance there is a glitch in the system and you have been allowed to enter a drawing too many times, it is my understanding that the system will still limit your entries to the specified number allowed at prize drawing time (5, 10, etc.)

If you want to double-check on the sweepstakes in which you are currently entered, you can always look at your profile in the arcade and click on the "My Sweepstakes" tab. This will show you for sure which prizes you are entered to win.

Hope this helps and good luck! :womanvery-happy:  

lhilts | New Friend | 11.26.2013 1:43 PM

Seanchai - Wonderful information - thank you very much!

Seanchai | Inspirer 3 | 11.26.2013 2:31 PM

You are very welcome - I hope it was helpful! I fear I usually come across about as clear as mud when I make an attempt at explaining anything! LOL. :womanwink:

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
lhilts

Too many entries?

I've been using my points to enter one of the contests and just now saw there was a limit of 5.  So, a couple of questions:  First, does that disqualify me or just count the first 5 entries?  Second, why would the sweepstakes keep taking my points if I reached the limit?

I'm a bit of a newbie on this site and would appreciate some advice.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 3
Seanchai

Re: Too many entries?

Hi, lhilts - welcome to the forums!

I believe what you may have been experiencing is a 'roll-over' prize. For example: in the Toyota sweepstakes you are (I believe) allowed to enter 5 times *each week* up until Dec. 19th. (HSN Rep, please correct this if I'm wrong!)

Also, on the Toyota gift bundles (All that glitters, Chalet Chic, Oh What Fun, etc.) Each prize period, HSN seems to be offering 3 of these 'gift bundle' type prizes - so while you may have entered to win one that was given away last week, the one in the rewards store currently is, in fact, a different prize. (Did that make any sense? LOL.)

Regardless, in my experience, the Rewards Store is very strict on the entries - if you have entered the current sweepstakes too many times it will be sure to tell you so and will not allow you further entries. *IF* by some chance there is a glitch in the system and you have been allowed to enter a drawing too many times, it is my understanding that the system will still limit your entries to the specified number allowed at prize drawing time (5, 10, etc.)

If you want to double-check on the sweepstakes in which you are currently entered, you can always look at your profile in the arcade and click on the "My Sweepstakes" tab. This will show you for sure which prizes you are entered to win.

Hope this helps and good luck! :womanvery-happy:  

Please use plain text.
New Friend
lhilts

Seanchai - Wonderful information - thank you very much!

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 3
Seanchai

You are very welcome - I hope it was helpful! I fear I usually come across about as clear as mud when I make an attempt at explaining anything! LOL. :womanwink:

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
3 Replies
11.25.2013 5:57 PM
2 Smiles
2 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...