Admirer 1
Shoppingagain

Adobe Flash Player won't install. Help!

I'm trying to download Adobe Flash Player but it will only take me so far and won't download. Maybe someone can help.

I'm running Vista. After I click "Run", that's as far as it goes. I've disabled my anti-virus but I get the message "Only a single instance of this application can run."

Troubleshooting says "Reason: You are trying to run more than two instances of Flash Player installers simultaneously.

Solution: Click OK to the message that appeared. One of the installers gets closed and the other installer continues automatically.

When I click OK, nothing more happens. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
mrbucket

RE: Adobe Flash Player won't install. Help!

Shoppingagain, no major issue here. Just follow these instructions and you'll be up and running in no time.
What you will most likely need to do is uninstall the Adobe Flash Player from your computer. You do this in the "Control Panel"
Click on Start (bottom left of your screen), a window will pop-up. On the right side of that window, there is "Control Panel", click on that.
A new window will come up and you will see "Programs" with "uninstall a program" under it.
Click on "uninstall a program", another window will come up.
Listed in this window are the programs you have downloaded onto your computer. Look down the list for Adobe Flash Player. Click that to highlight it and then click on uninstall at the top of that window.
If you have more than one Adobe Flash, uninstall all of them.
Once you uninstall this program, it is advised by Adobe that you reboot your computer. That means to "Restart it)
Turning it off then turning it back on.
Once this is done, you can go to the Adobe Website, or click on the Adobe Icon on this website to download Adobe Flash Player. Usually they have it where the streaming video is on the HSN website.
Adobe will know automatically which version to install on your computer. This is based solely on the browser you are using, IE, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.

Hope this is easy enough directions for you, should you have any problems, please post them.
Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Shoppingagain

Thanks, Mr. B. I've tried everything including your suggestion. Do you think I'm having trouble because I'm running Vista 32-bit? Can't download Silverlight either. I've searched my computer and deleted anything that looked like it might be causing the troubleshooting problem I mentioned above.
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
mrbucket

I do not think 32-bit is the problem. Let me do some research on this and I will get back to you. Adobe had some issues with this in the past however I believe they corrected this. I want to make sure first before going any further with my suggestions. I want this to be as easy and pain free as possible for you and others who may have this problem.
Can you tell me what browser you are using to download Adobe? Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
mrbucket

I did some research on this for you Shoppingagain. I could not find the cause of your problem with the Adobe download from what little info I have. With Windows Vista, if you go to the Adobe website and type in the search pane "32 bit download" There will be a link (about the 2nd one down on the left) to what may help you.
If this does not help you, let me know again.
Also, keep in mind that if you want to use the browser "Chrome", it has a Flash Player built into the browser. Quite a few people use this and are happy with it. Chrome is part of the Google system. Easy download just takes a few minutes. I use this browser on occassion. You can have more than one browser on your computer.
Good Luck.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Shoppingagain

Thanks again, Mr. B. I use Internet Explorer as my browser. I followed your instructions and received the same message: Only a single instance, etc.

I downloaded Chrome browser but still am unable to successfully download Adobe Flash Player. I did receive this message: "IE blocked his website from displaying content with security certificate errors." Do you know what this might mean?
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
mrbucket

Sorry for the late reply Shoppingagain.
The notice that you get from IE about the "security certificate error" is a misread.
I have contacted HSN about this some time ago and they explained to me that The internet issending a "false read" and their is no problem with the security certificates.
What I do is just "X" that little window out and have had no problems with it. Usually if you go to another page, that message window will not show up.
I am still looking into your Adobe issue. I'd like to find out too why you are having problems. This will help me in helping others with this problem in the future.
Are you able to play the games on Chrome?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Shoppingagain

Thanks, Mr. B. The problem is solved and it only cost me $210 and then solved it myself when the pro couldn't find the problem

When I deleted the spam and trash from my yahoo account, about two hours ago, a popup or small window appeared asking me if I wanted to "install" (not download) Adobe Flash Player. I clicked on yes and lo and behold, I'm now good to go. Apparently, I or my pro had downloaded AFP and for whatever reason, it didn't get installed.

Anyway, thank you for caring. I feel like I've gotten half my life back. Until next time......
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.