luvtoswim | Admirer 2 | 06.05.2009 1:50 PM
Okay, I saw this posted here, but I can't remember what the topic was. HSN sells such a clasp, if that is what it is. You can use it to wrap around both ends of a torsade that you create with your pearls and then connect it like a clasp.

What is it called? I know HSN sells it but it is sold out now. I just need to know its name.

Thanks.=!s>
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Generous | New Friend | 04.28.2011 4:01 PM
Just this minute purchased a torsade clasp at HSN for $29.90. The Item number is 754-513. Previous reviewer said she had to tighten it, which I will also do because they're hard to find in Sterling Silver. Item is listed under oval clasp - just ask for clasp and there is another one for around $50 that is SS with rubies too I think. Hopefully this helps someone like me that can't find things on HSN from time to time.
pattykaye | Admirer 2 | 06.07.2009 8:10 PM
pearl shortners or necklaces shortners .......

got this from the northern station boards ........ and if you go to ebay and use these words ........ you will find a selection of them .....some on "buy it now" and some from people in the states even .... bunch from overseas ....

pattykaye .......
Georgiaga | Admirer 3 | 06.07.2009 1:57 AM
Oh if Heidi made a clasp that was encrusted on both sides you couldn't tear it out of my hands!!

Agreed...maybe we should email Gail and request it...:-k
bargains101 | Admirer 2 | 06.06.2009 6:28 PM
Oh if Heidi made a clasp that was encrusted on both sides you couldn't tear it out of my hands!!
pattykaye | Admirer 2 | 06.06.2009 9:41 AM
Oh. Are you talking about Heidi's big pearl set with the clasp? I love those pearls! I don't use my clasp and probably never will. The other side is hollowed out by the way. I don't need mine.

Can i have it ..can i have it!!! ...please please please ....LOL LOL LOL

I'm just teasing ...... but i think it's a beautiful clasp ....

errrr ..... it would look nice with a lot of my pearls ...=h2>

pattykaye ..... off to get my hair cut
bargains101 | Admirer 2 | 06.06.2009 8:05 AM
I do! I was hesitating for a long time but got it when it went on sale. I absolutely am crazy about the colors, the dark strand and the green the most. I always put the clasp somewhere in front and I think that it is so pretty. I'm not sure but I don't think I'll use the torsade clasp much tho.
luvtoswim | Admirer 2 | 06.05.2009 10:30 PM
Oh. Are you talking about Heidi's big pearl set with the clasp? I love those pearls! I don't use my clasp and probably never will. The other side is hollowed out by the way. I don't need mine.

=!s>

Yes, it's three strands and a pendant/clasp. I love it. I looked at buying three strands of real pearls from e-b.. but the problem is finding the same detail. Her crystal closures and such really set her stuff apart. It's on my wish list, but may get bumped up.

Do you have that set?
bargains101 | Admirer 2 | 06.05.2009 7:22 PM
luvtoswim | Admirer 2 | 06.05.2009 7:14 PM
=!s>
Thanks everyone. I will check here, at the Q and at E-B. I have seen the Heidi necklace and clasp and since it's on sale, I've been considering it, but I would love tohave the clasp by itself.
bargains101 | Admirer 2 | 06.05.2009 6:52 PM
Haha My bad. #-o That, ladies....is called a torsade doohicky, otherwise known as a torsade closure clasp. Thank you Georgia! I don't even know where to get those thru normal jewelry connections, I guess here is the first time i have seen these for sale. There is a turquoise one by, is it Jay King? with a magnetic closure that I have admired for awhile. I don't know the item number tho, if you're interested i usually enter "enhancer" and find it.
Georgiaga | Admirer 3 | 06.05.2009 6:39 PM
Are you guys talking about the kind that has an oval or circle with a post that connects with it? This is a toggle. I love these but hsn sells them?? also there is the old fashioned pearl clasp which is the hook and eye, and Heidi uses reducers and connectors on lots of her stuff including pearls right before a hook and chain closure. Does this help?

Item #754-513
bargains101 | Admirer 2 | 06.05.2009 6:35 PM
Are you guys talking about the kind that has an oval or circle with a post that connects with it? This is a toggle. I love these but hsn sells them?? also there is the old fashioned pearl clasp which is the hook and eye, and Heidi uses reducers and connectors on lots of her stuff including pearls right before a hook and chain closure. Does this help?
Georgiaga | Admirer 3 | 06.05.2009 6:22 PM
Thanks for that information...I learned something new today! I didn't even know HSN carried that. Like Pattykaye said, I love the one Heidi has with her 3 strand pearl necklace, but it comes with the necklace and I don't need that one.;-);
IbbyB | Inspirer 2 | 06.05.2009 3:00 PM
I always call them a doohickey or thingie!!!!!!!!! #-o
pattykaye | Admirer 2 | 06.05.2009 2:10 PM
item 754-513 sterling silver large oval clasp

They are also known as pearl clasps .... and necklace clasps ...or in the case of HSN ...... clasps ..... LOL LOL go figure!

I bought this one last june .... works well ... not too fancy but it's at the back of the neck ..... Heidi Daus had a beautiful one ... but you had to buy the glass beads and all .... was too expensive was waiting for it to go on deep clearance ...

I would love it ... if someone would design some fancy clasps ...

you can use ribbon or cord ........
.... you can also use a hoop earring ... find one that hooks into itself because if you use one, that the prong sticks out , you will scratch your neck ... yep i did that LOL

pattykaye ....
CHATTYCAT | Admirer 3 | 06.05.2009 2:02 PM
Luvtoswim, I have several of the clasps you're asking about, but I don't remember what they are called. Yes, HSN does sell them and the Q does to (or used to anyway). Maybe "O" clasps??? Though mine are more oval shaped than round. Have you looked under jewelry accessories???
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
luvtoswim

What is the clasp called that connects a torsade?

Okay, I saw this posted here, but I can't remember what the topic was. HSN sells such a clasp, if that is what it is. You can use it to wrap around both ends of a torsade that you create with your pearls and then connect it like a clasp.

What is it called? I know HSN sells it but it is sold out now. I just need to know its name.

Thanks.=!s>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
CHATTYCAT

RE: What is the clasp called that connects a torsade?

Luvtoswim, I have several of the clasps you're asking about, but I don't remember what they are called. Yes, HSN does sell them and the Q does to (or used to anyway). Maybe "O" clasps??? Though mine are more oval shaped than round. Have you looked under jewelry accessories???
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
pattykaye

item 754-513 sterling silver large oval clasp

They are also known as pearl clasps .... and necklace clasps ...or in the case of HSN ...... clasps ..... LOL LOL go figure!

I bought this one last june .... works well ... not too fancy but it's at the back of the neck ..... Heidi Daus had a beautiful one ... but you had to buy the glass beads and all .... was too expensive was waiting for it to go on deep clearance ...

I would love it ... if someone would design some fancy clasps ...

you can use ribbon or cord ........
.... you can also use a hoop earring ... find one that hooks into itself because if you use one, that the prong sticks out , you will scratch your neck ... yep i did that LOL

pattykaye ....
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
IbbyB

I always call them a doohickey or thingie!!!!!!!!! #-o
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Georgiaga

Thanks for that information...I learned something new today! I didn't even know HSN carried that. Like Pattykaye said, I love the one Heidi has with her 3 strand pearl necklace, but it comes with the necklace and I don't need that one.;-);
Heidi crystallized my world! Enjoy the sparkles!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
bargains101

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Georgiaga

Item #754-513
Heidi crystallized my world! Enjoy the sparkles!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
bargains101

Haha My bad. #-o That, ladies....is called a torsade doohicky, otherwise known as a torsade closure clasp. Thank you Georgia! I don't even know where to get those thru normal jewelry connections, I guess here is the first time i have seen these for sale. There is a turquoise one by, is it Jay King? with a magnetic closure that I have admired for awhile. I don't know the item number tho, if you're interested i usually enter "enhancer" and find it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
luvtoswim

=!s>
Thanks everyone. I will check here, at the Q and at E-B. I have seen the Heidi necklace and clasp and since it's on sale, I've been considering it, but I would love tohave the clasp by itself.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
bargains101

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
16 Replies
06.05.2009 1:50 PM
0 Smiles
7 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...