BRIGHTMAN73 | Admirer 2 | 12.20.2009 6:06 AM
What's the difference between technibond and absolute jewelry?:-k

I'm a newbie to jewelry. Honestly, I just learned the difference between marquis, princess, and solitare cuts from a Collen L. jewelry show the other day!:d/

Thanks!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Sascha | Admirer 2 | 01.30.2010 8:52 PM
I recently bought the Michael Lisa Tulum hoop earrings (Technibond) that come with the 3 different shapes of cz charms and I wore them and they irritated my ears something terrible!

I'd never tried the earrings before, only some bangle bracelets mixed in with my real gold jewelery. I also bought a pair of pear-shaped cz earring studs w/ the little cz's around them from the same collection for my mom and they irritated her ears. I sent those back, but decided to keep the hoops w/ charms and just wear the charms on my 14 kt. hoops. Neither my mom nor I can wear sterling silver earrings, but I was hoping the gold on top would make them wearable. Anyone else have this problem?

Marionettes | Admirer 2 | 01.30.2010 8:27 PM
I would only buy Technibond in earrings or a necklace that I would not wear every day. I had a Technibond ring that I loved and wore it continuously. The gold wore off the band on the back of my finger, it took a while, but it definitely gone. Now I only buy Sterling Silver or real Gold. When I bought Technibond it was years ago and reasonably priced. If you do buy a Technibond piece, DO NOT wear it on a daily basis or it will wear off!
TOOTSY | Admirer 1 | 01.25.2010 8:04 AM
=!s> Absolute is an artificial diamond. Technibond is a metal, with Gold or Silver plated over a base Metal.
HSN Absolutes are very "real looking" - I wear them with my real Diamonds & can't tell the difference. But you have to clean them; otherwise they go all Cloudy-looking.
HSN Technibond can be a little Iffy - in some Pieces, it looks like real Gold; but then again in other Pieces, not so good.
Hope this clarifies things for you.
Nova36 | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2010 10:25 PM
I just wanted to pop in to say a big "hello" to Nova36! HELLO!
It's been a while. Happy New Year.:d/

Hello to you my friend!! I hope you had a nice holiday season. Between working and family responsibilities I don't know where the time goes sometimes!
Georgiaga | Inspirer 1 | 01.05.2010 9:13 PM
I just wanted to pop in to say a big "hello" to Nova36! HELLO!
It's been a while. Happy New Year.:d/

Nova36 | Admirer 2 | 01.02.2010 6:57 PM
I remember reading on one of the forums a while ago that the same top grade cz is distributed to both HSN and the Q and then named accordingly. I agree that the Signity cz sold by Michael Valitutti is outstanding since it was even "diamond coated". I own 1 piece and it is breath-taking. Is it all the same?
gracedujour | Admirer 2 | 01.02.2010 3:00 AM

"I have had Diamonique cloud up"

me too. never again
macworks | Admirer 3 | 01.01.2010 1:54 AM
Technibond does NOT use advertise the use of the Absolute cz stones. I agree that TB has become very expensive.

The Absolute czs that I own from HSN have held up extremely well. I have not had any of them chip or cloud up. Many may appear cloudy until I do a thorough cleaning. I really love and wear often the cz rings and bracelets that I was able to purchase in solid 14K gold back before 2007. The pricing on those were favorable and they have held up so very well.

I have had Diamonique cloud up.

Signity line as carried by M. Valatutti is no longer available on SNBC. Unfortunately. His czs were of the best quality IMO. And they carried a warranty.

jbarrie | Admirer 2 | 12.28.2009 1:58 AM
I think Technibond has gotten awfully expensive.
egoslayer | Admirer 3 | 12.24.2009 5:50 AM
Signity is not just a brand - its a manufacturer. They sell the rights to the CZ's so you can call them whatever you want. That is what HSN does.
AQUAFINA | Inspirer 2 | 12.23.2009 10:18 PM
Signity is a brand of CZ like Absolute is HSN's brand of CZ. VW uses Absolutes in her jewelry. Wonder why HSN is allowing her to say Signity.

What I didn't know was what vermeil was. Thanks for that piece of information.
DestinyJo | Admirer 3 | 12.22.2009 5:07 PM
I haven't watched a Victoria Weick show in a long time,I mainly really shop online. I'll have to watch one of her shows ;-);
egoslayer | Admirer 3 | 12.22.2009 6:27 AM
Victoria Wieck mentions it all the time.
DestinyJo | Admirer 3 | 12.22.2009 4:37 AM
Sorry to correct you egoslayer but Absolute is the brand name of HSN's CZ stones. Vermeil is 120 mils of gold over silver. Also how do you know that the CZs they use are Signity CZ? I've never heard anyone on HSN mention that,only on Shopnbc.
egoslayer | Admirer 3 | 12.21.2009 5:58 AM
I've never had any of my absolute rings fade on me. Most of my technibond is fine, except for a few pieces of "colored" technibond. I have a green technibond necklace that is basically gold now. It still looks fine, but it is no longer green.
BRIGHTMAN73 | Admirer 2 | 12.20.2009 9:26 AM
They are different brands.

Absolute specializes in CZs. Generally they use signity CZs because they are the best graded out there. This is why they look like a D-flawless diamond. Most luxury CZ brands use the signity manufacturer.

Technibond specializes in gold over silver. It's a bit cheaper than absolute. Technibond has 40 mils of gold over the silver.

Keep in mind that absolute has 120 mils of gold over the silver.

Wow Thanks!

So the CZ's are the "fake diamonds" right? I know the absolute stuff was soooo pretty!

So they are both gold OVER silver. But, the Absolute more (120 mils) gold over the silver than the Technibond (40 mils). Having said that - do the rings fade or turn? Does the gold over the silver hold up over time?
egoslayer | Admirer 3 | 12.20.2009 8:41 AM

Absolute specializes in CZs. Generally they use signity CZs because they are the best graded out there. This is why they look like a D-flawless diamond. Most luxury CZ brands use the signity manufacturer.

Technibond specializes in gold over silver. It's a bit cheaper than absolute. Technibond has 40 mils of gold over the silver.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
BRIGHTMAN73

Technibond and Absolute

What's the difference between technibond and absolute jewelry?:-k

I'm a newbie to jewelry. Honestly, I just learned the difference between marquis, princess, and solitare cuts from a Collen L. jewelry show the other day!:d/

Thanks!
I love to shop.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
egoslayer

RE: Technibond and Absolute

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BRIGHTMAN73

Wow Thanks!

So the CZ's are the "fake diamonds" right? I know the absolute stuff was soooo pretty!

So they are both gold OVER silver. But, the Absolute more (120 mils) gold over the silver than the Technibond (40 mils). Having said that - do the rings fade or turn? Does the gold over the silver hold up over time?
I love to shop.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
egoslayer

I've never had any of my absolute rings fade on me. Most of my technibond is fine, except for a few pieces of "colored" technibond. I have a green technibond necklace that is basically gold now. It still looks fine, but it is no longer green.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
DestinyJo

Sorry to correct you egoslayer but Absolute is the brand name of HSN's CZ stones. Vermeil is 120 mils of gold over silver. Also how do you know that the CZs they use are Signity CZ? I've never heard anyone on HSN mention that,only on Shopnbc.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
egoslayer

Victoria Wieck mentions it all the time.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
DestinyJo

I haven't watched a Victoria Weick show in a long time,I mainly really shop online. I'll have to watch one of her shows ;-);
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
AQUAFINA

Signity is a brand of CZ like Absolute is HSN's brand of CZ. VW uses Absolutes in her jewelry. Wonder why HSN is allowing her to say Signity.

What I didn't know was what vermeil was. Thanks for that piece of information.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
egoslayer

Signity is not just a brand - its a manufacturer. They sell the rights to the CZ's so you can call them whatever you want. That is what HSN does.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jbarrie

I think Technibond has gotten awfully expensive.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
17 Replies
12.20.2009 6:06 AM
0 Smiles
12 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...