Admirer 2
Aspasia

Stainless Steel - Fine Jewelry?

HSN had a steel bracelet as a TS a few days ago. Both hosts (Suzanne and Connie) referred to the piece as "fine jewelry" and said that it is absolutely not costume jewelry.
What do you think about this claim?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
CHATTYCAT

RE: Stainless Steel - Fine Jewelry?

I wouldn't consider it "fine", if they are using the term in the classical sense of gold, platinum, or silver.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Georgiaga

Hello-
I wouldn't ever consider that "fine" jewelry, but maybe they mean that is is not coated with a color or tone, like goldtone and silvertone which are a metal dipped and coated. Stainless stell is just what it says, stainless steel through and through, so on that note, it differs, but "fine" is a stretch. I guess they just didn't know how else to differentiate other than that.
In this economy with gold very high and silver climbing as well, maybe stainless steel will sell well, but like our ss silverware, it will scratch and dull, and has a gray base where as silver is brighter with a whiter base, I would say.:-k
Heidi crystallized my world! Enjoy the sparkles!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Aspasia

Thanks Cat! I feel the same way. I think that steel does deserve praises for many of its qualities, but it's not as the hosts claim as precious metal (even copper isn't) and it does not make "fine" jewelry is the jewelry world definition. [-(
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
egoslayer

Personally I love stainless steel - it has a darker less shiny matte tone. It is still a great metal. Imagine if costume jewelery were made in stainless steel - it would never break apart.

Fine or not fine - I really like it.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.