luckydog47 | Admirer 2 | 03.26.2011 4:47 PM
Get ready to open your wallets and credit cards..All silver items are going up, and no top in sight..Like gold has done, silver is going..Straight up..Silver is at it's highest in 31 years. I hear alot of carping about cheap since in silver..Buy all the silver you can now, as it will double soon for jewelry made in Sterling, it has already gone up, as all of us have noticed. Watch the wall street meters and you will see silver going up, up every day. When people don't trust stocks and bonds, they buy heavy in gold/silver/copper. And that is bars, not a jewelry item, that had to be designed and molded. Also, when they quote gold/silver, they are quoting TROY OUNCE, which not an ounce that we know about..Troy is smaller..
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
luckydog47 | Admirer 2 | 04.01.2011 1:31 AM
The thing that worries me is that gold is going to move past 1800.00 per ounce, placing it completely out of reach of everyone except rich people. Sterling will then move up to fill the old niche once held by gold.

I feel this is why they are trying to get us used to stainless steel, because they eventually want stainless to fill the price-niche left by once-affordable sterling. The problem with stainless is that it corrodes: it is not a noble metal. It looks and feels cheap to me, and I am not interested in purchasing it unless it is almost free - because I don't think stainless has the staying-power of any noble metal. Even copper is more permanent than that!

For this reason I admit to being on somewhat of a sterling binge right now: I think that I, and a lot of us, are about to not be able to afford sterling soon. If I were in the jewelry business I would be very very nervous right about now, I can tell you. Most of my customers might be looking at being priced out of sterling.

Very sad times for those of us who love the bling.

Hi there Southerngirl..Haven't seen you around lately, but I have been AOL also..My opion of Stainless is that it doesn't turn green on me, and then blister..I even wear the coating off my glasses, then blister my cheeks where they sometimes rest. BUT, Stainless is put in joint replacements. I hope it is good stainless as I am sorta close to a hip replacement. It is hypoallergenic, and I have had pieces for years, and they haven't done anything but shine..IMHO. (((((to you))))...Rae aka Luckydog
munizera | Admirer 2 | 03.30.2011 9:08 PM
I'm glad I purchased quite a bit of sterling silver, and some in white gold since I like it; makes me feel like I'm rich!!!
=!s> =!s> =!s>
SouthernGirl2 | Admirer 2 | 03.29.2011 9:21 AM
The thing that worries me is that gold is going to move past 1800.00 per ounce, placing it completely out of reach of everyone except rich people. Sterling will then move up to fill the old niche once held by gold.

I feel this is why they are trying to get us used to stainless steel, because they eventually want stainless to fill the price-niche left by once-affordable sterling. The problem with stainless is that it corrodes: it is not a noble metal. It looks and feels cheap to me, and I am not interested in purchasing it unless it is almost free - because I don't think stainless has the staying-power of any noble metal. Even copper is more permanent than that!

For this reason I admit to being on somewhat of a sterling binge right now: I think that I, and a lot of us, are about to not be able to afford sterling soon. If I were in the jewelry business I would be very very nervous right about now, I can tell you. Most of my customers might be looking at being priced out of sterling.

Tillie123 | Admirer 3 | 03.29.2011 8:16 AM
It seems like I pay for silver now what I paid for gold years ago! Think it's time for me to start investing :smileyhappy:

I am so fortunate that I bought a number of real gold pieces years ago. I have actually sold some pieces I never wore or were dented, etc. for money to buy more. But I refuse to pay full price for pieces that I don't believe are a good value. I'll just keep my money and wait for a good opportunity. [-( [-o<
luckydog47 | Admirer 2 | 03.28.2011 11:46 PM
Since I am highly allergic to mystery metals, I have almost, not quite, switched to stainless steel. I love my gemstones, but stainless is much cheaper, more reflective than silver or white gold, and I CAN WEAR it everyday. I put two chain braclets in my wish list for after I get my Government sponsored paycheck. (SS). I need to put a medical alert tag on one, but I want it to be at least pretty,and not ugly. I thought if I put one on a braclet, like a charm, I can let it dangle down, and it won't be so ugly, and then add another braclet, and no one would be the wiser.?? How vain can one get???..=8>
TEARDROPS | Admirer 3 | 03.28.2011 3:43 PM
ATTENTION: Silver jewelry divas,if you like John Hardy's bali bracelets with 18k accentsS($400 T0 THOUSANDS) or check out ROSS-SIMONS bali couture bracelets with 18k accents even on sale they are over $200.00. Check out your local TJ MAXX,the same braclets in Ross -Simons are selling 50 to 100 DOLLARS more.The bracelets are a new version of ID braclets,substantial, the only draw back is the wrist sizes are from 6 1/2(me) to 7 1/2. The bracelet I purchase retail for $260.00 with daimonds cost me $192.00 with tax. The only jewelry lately I have purchase from HSN,I have returned, due to thin bands or poor quailty.I will purchase from HSN again, but it will never be jewelry.
ingallsra | Admirer 2 | 03.28.2011 11:47 AM
It seems like I pay for silver now what I paid for gold years ago! Think it's time for me to start investing :smileyhappy:
chicagopunkie | Admirer 2 | 03.28.2011 6:53 AM
Thank you for the info, luckydog! Yes, I noticed that silver is going up. I watch Fox Business News and I have heard that a lot recently.

Jay King also mentioned it when he was showing a gallery item of his. The malachite multi-strand chip necklace with the malachite and MOP pendant. He said he won't be able to make anything like that at that price anymore because of silver going up.

I got put on a wait list for that necklace, which cleared. I did notice, however, that the price exactly doubled like the next day.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
luckydog47

Silver prices

Get ready to open your wallets and credit cards..All silver items are going up, and no top in sight..Like gold has done, silver is going..Straight up..Silver is at it's highest in 31 years. I hear alot of carping about cheap since in silver..Buy all the silver you can now, as it will double soon for jewelry made in Sterling, it has already gone up, as all of us have noticed. Watch the wall street meters and you will see silver going up, up every day. When people don't trust stocks and bonds, they buy heavy in gold/silver/copper. And that is bars, not a jewelry item, that had to be designed and molded. Also, when they quote gold/silver, they are quoting TROY OUNCE, which not an ounce that we know about..Troy is smaller..
If you are a "if at first you don't suceed, try, try again" person; don't go skydiving!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
chicagopunkie

RE: Silver prices

Thank you for the info, luckydog! Yes, I noticed that silver is going up. I watch Fox Business News and I have heard that a lot recently.

Jay King also mentioned it when he was showing a gallery item of his. The malachite multi-strand chip necklace with the malachite and MOP pendant. He said he won't be able to make anything like that at that price anymore because of silver going up.

I got put on a wait list for that necklace, which cleared. I did notice, however, that the price exactly doubled like the next day.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ingallsra

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
TEARDROPS

ATTENTION: Silver jewelry divas,if you like John Hardy's bali bracelets with 18k accentsS($400 T0 THOUSANDS) or check out ROSS-SIMONS bali couture bracelets with 18k accents even on sale they are over $200.00. Check out your local TJ MAXX,the same braclets in Ross -Simons are selling 50 to 100 DOLLARS more.The bracelets are a new version of ID braclets,substantial, the only draw back is the wrist sizes are from 6 1/2(me) to 7 1/2. The bracelet I purchase retail for $260.00 with daimonds cost me $192.00 with tax. The only jewelry lately I have purchase from HSN,I have returned, due to thin bands or poor quailty.I will purchase from HSN again, but it will never be jewelry.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
luckydog47

Since I am highly allergic to mystery metals, I have almost, not quite, switched to stainless steel. I love my gemstones, but stainless is much cheaper, more reflective than silver or white gold, and I CAN WEAR it everyday. I put two chain braclets in my wish list for after I get my Government sponsored paycheck. (SS). I need to put a medical alert tag on one, but I want it to be at least pretty,and not ugly. I thought if I put one on a braclet, like a charm, I can let it dangle down, and it won't be so ugly, and then add another braclet, and no one would be the wiser.?? How vain can one get???..=8>
If you are a "if at first you don't suceed, try, try again" person; don't go skydiving!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Tillie123

I am so fortunate that I bought a number of real gold pieces years ago. I have actually sold some pieces I never wore or were dented, etc. for money to buy more. But I refuse to pay full price for pieces that I don't believe are a good value. I'll just keep my money and wait for a good opportunity. [-( [-o<
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
SouthernGirl2

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
munizera

I'm glad I purchased quite a bit of sterling silver, and some in white gold since I like it; makes me feel like I'm rich!!!
=!s> =!s> =!s>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
luckydog47

Hi there Southerngirl..Haven't seen you around lately, but I have been AOL also..My opion of Stainless is that it doesn't turn green on me, and then blister..I even wear the coating off my glasses, then blister my cheeks where they sometimes rest. BUT, Stainless is put in joint replacements. I hope it is good stainless as I am sorta close to a hip replacement. It is hypoallergenic, and I have had pieces for years, and they haven't done anything but shine..IMHO. (((((to you))))...Rae aka Luckydog
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
8 Replies
03.26.2011 4:47 PM
0 Smiles
7 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...