angelout | Inspirer 2 | 08.24.2010 3:22 AM
Are you kidding me, "no one is going to think you only spent $50.00 on this", NO they would think It was more like $20.00. well my impression of liz lange is not good, in fact is this a joke. we are not "girls" and we want wearable elegant durbale classy looking clothing. How many $50.00 mistakes do you think we can throw out? This is just one junky look after another, from the shos to the bags to th e sweaters, its a junkfest. Rename HSN JFS junk fest shopping!!!!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
massha | Pro 3 | 08.29.2010 3:00 AM
I must say, I think I like bling and embellishments and bright colors and all that. But I am definitely way too lazy and busy to hand wash, and so after destroying two embellished tops (I think, both from Carolyn Strauss but one might have been Slinky Brands) I am just not buying them, even when I like everything else, even on sale.
Lisa2000 | Admirer 3 | 08.28.2010 3:24 PM
This was a fun read.
I was at the Galleria the better part of the day yesterday and the sequins are sure out there everywhere. I think the thing is not to get carried away; can't be "blingalicious" from head to toe complete with jewelry.
Michael Kors had a few nice looking pieces, not too brazen.

tomato, your post was too sweet. I too used to admire the movie stars and singers all shimmery and slinky.
I think if you really want to flaunt the sequin, silver and gold really reflect. At least if the fabric is lined with silk or something suitable, it shouldn't be itchy.

I admit that I bought a pair of black sequin chunky open toe high heels last year. I got them at Neiman's and spent more than I wanted to pay, but I got more wear out of them than I thought I would. I often wore them with old rolled up boyfriend jeans and gals asked me about them all of the time. I wore everything else completely solid.

I also ordered Colleen Lopez's shrugs in black and turquoise. The black is really cute and I will definitely wear either a solid tank and matching bottom or solid tank dress only with that. I like it a lot.
The turquoise is flashier, but looks really nice with a white and white jeans. I probably won't wear it much, but I am still keeping it.

That is the extent of my three sequin pieces for 2009 and 2010.
So, if you see a gal with either black sequin shoes on or a black shrug walking with another gal in a blue sequin hat, please say hi too me too =)

Oh, and tomato I did see a few people with the sequin caps on. Wearing loose on the back of the head. The hats were both black and the sequin were scattered. I thought it looked cute.

I do know what you mean OP. Most designers are getting carried away with it and I think a lot of it can be tacky too.
LoriW57 | Admirer 3 | 08.27.2010 12:21 AM
[-o< I think all the sequins and glitz are coming out on clothes because of the economy. People want to feel wealthier than they are. When economy tanks, cosmetic sales go up... and it looks like sequins do too.
Anny313 | Admirer 1 | 08.26.2010 4:35 PM
Last night, rather yesterday morning, i was watching Helen Kearney and she said that she was wearing a extra small tank by liz lange. Is she really that small? To me she doesn't in no way shape or form look like a extra small top. If that is the case, what size is Rachel Huber?

Apparently she is...don't see how, but she was talking about how she is a size 6! But they do say the cameras add 10 pounds..
Anny313 | Admirer 1 | 08.26.2010 4:34 PM
Last night, rather yesterday morning, i was watching Helen Kearney and she said that she was wearing a extra small tank by liz lange. Is she really that small? To me she doesn't in no way shape or form look like a extra small top. If that is the case, what size is Rachel Huber?

Apparently she is...don't see how, but she was talking about how she is a size 6! Maybe the cameras reflect something else..
SHOPSTOMUCH | Admirer 2 | 08.25.2010 5:47 PM
OP, do you post on the QVC board under a very, very similar name? Just wondering because I post there too.
tomato22 | Admirer 2 | 08.25.2010 2:25 PM
Hi All,

Yes the sizing is so funny. The heavy woman in the blue todays special was asked by the designer. Is your size a 3 x? The model replied no, this is an extra large. You gotta be kidding. Helen Kenny, the same. Don't get me wrong, I really like that they show average size woman(all sizes), but they have changed the sizing so we ladies feel better.

At any rate, I would like to bring up another point. How can the hosts aND designer keep telling us we can wear all that blingy items with jeans. They also do it with jewelry. No matter the item, you can wear it with jeans.I think they sound not only stupid, but they show in order to sell something they will say anything. So I'm going up to Walmart now in my sequined jacket and jeans and my Vicoria Wieck 7 ct absolute. So funny.

I watched Barr and Barr last night. She was my favorite designer on HSN. I missed a clearance bag, as I was buying so much other stuff, I had to stop somewhere. I was disappointed , not by the design, but by the size. Are we now carrying luggage where ever we go. The handbags, are no longer handbags, but luggage for vacations. I guess if we feel like running away, we have the luggage to run.

Yes, lets talk designer. Libby Edelman's last nights leggings. I say stick to shoes. Just my 2 cents.
JAG70 | Admirer 3 | 08.25.2010 2:19 PM
I don't mind a little bling,but not over the top.
grandma61 | Admirer 1 | 08.25.2010 1:41 PM
tomato22 enjoy your blue sequinned hat. I have nothing against other people clothes; I just can not find nothing for myself anymore. I am 65 years old, still working in a very conservative office and I love or rather used to love buing clothes from HSN. I still enjoy Barr and Barr handbags because they are classy and elegant; as for Falchi and his last TS; oh no, IMO it was jus ugly and expensive. Anyway; I do not like glitter, but thats just me; if somebody else does, good for them because this is last trend everywhere. I wold never buy many of Diane Gilman
designs but I do have two pairs of her jeans (bootcut) and enjoy them. I think it would be a funny post about brands or designers or products you would never buy, ladies, what do you think?
2beORnot2be | Admirer 3 | 08.25.2010 10:29 AM
Maybe former Quackers , boycotting QF due to Jeanne Bice's *open wide and insert foot in mouth* comments, are buying the blinged-out fashions on HSN.
giggles09 | New Friend | 08.25.2010 4:39 AM
TexasMom1 | Admirer 2 | 08.24.2010 9:16 PM
Even worse are the trench this designer is showing. They make all of the models look huge.....practically expectant, if you get my drift. Who is this woman? Never heard of her! And yes, I quickly changed the channel!
tomato22 | Admirer 2 | 08.24.2010 6:07 PM
Hi All,

Just for some conversation purposes, I remember when I was young and gazed at the clothing of the movie stars I dreamed of having something in sequins. I now now what sequins ar made of even for the rich While I do agree it seems absurd for a nation that wears jeans and sweats most of the time to be showing all this bling, not just from one designer, but many.
I guess I think that this top is a bit better than the rest. I like it. Its not over the top and I can see where it might make you look a bit thinner. I have no where to wear it so of course didn't buy it, but I satisfied my desire for the bling with the hat. I think its fun. I think most of their clothing is overpriced.
I feel the way most of you with the jewelry that they show, Total junk. But if you meet an old women with a blue sequinned hat, its me. Stop to say hello.
grandma61 | Admirer 1 | 08.24.2010 3:10 PM
I am so much with you; I hate this cheap glitter too. I am also looking for more settled clothing; including nice lenght dresses and skirts. Are we going to be totally ignored? HSN used to cater to more tastes than skinny teenagers or ladies liking glitter and shine.
KIMTHIB | Inspirer 2 | 08.24.2010 3:10 PM
If you don't like it, change the channel.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Inspirer 2
angelout

Just who is wearing this hideous sequins and cheap looking fabric?

Are you kidding me, "no one is going to think you only spent $50.00 on this", NO they would think It was more like $20.00. well my impression of liz lange is not good, in fact is this a joke. we are not "girls" and we want wearable elegant durbale classy looking clothing. How many $50.00 mistakes do you think we can throw out? This is just one junky look after another, from the shos to the bags to th e sweaters, its a junkfest. Rename HSN JFS junk fest shopping!!!!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
KIMTHIB

RE: Just who is wearing this hideous sequins and cheap looking fabric?

If you don't like it, change the channel.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
grandma61

I am so much with you; I hate this cheap glitter too. I am also looking for more settled clothing; including nice lenght dresses and skirts. Are we going to be totally ignored? HSN used to cater to more tastes than skinny teenagers or ladies liking glitter and shine.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
tomato22

Hi All,

Just for some conversation purposes, I remember when I was young and gazed at the clothing of the movie stars I dreamed of having something in sequins. I now now what sequins ar made of even for the rich While I do agree it seems absurd for a nation that wears jeans and sweats most of the time to be showing all this bling, not just from one designer, but many.
I guess I think that this top is a bit better than the rest. I like it. Its not over the top and I can see where it might make you look a bit thinner. I have no where to wear it so of course didn't buy it, but I satisfied my desire for the bling with the hat. I think its fun. I think most of their clothing is overpriced.
I feel the way most of you with the jewelry that they show, Total junk. But if you meet an old women with a blue sequinned hat, its me. Stop to say hello.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TexasMom1

Even worse are the trench this designer is showing. They make all of the models look huge.....practically expectant, if you get my drift. Who is this woman? Never heard of her! And yes, I quickly changed the channel!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
giggles09

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
2beORnot2be

Maybe former Quackers , boycotting QF due to Jeanne Bice's *open wide and insert foot in mouth* comments, are buying the blinged-out fashions on HSN.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
grandma61

tomato22 enjoy your blue sequinned hat. I have nothing against other people clothes; I just can not find nothing for myself anymore. I am 65 years old, still working in a very conservative office and I love or rather used to love buing clothes from HSN. I still enjoy Barr and Barr handbags because they are classy and elegant; as for Falchi and his last TS; oh no, IMO it was jus ugly and expensive. Anyway; I do not like glitter, but thats just me; if somebody else does, good for them because this is last trend everywhere. I wold never buy many of Diane Gilman
designs but I do have two pairs of her jeans (bootcut) and enjoy them. I think it would be a funny post about brands or designers or products you would never buy, ladies, what do you think?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
JAG70

I don't mind a little bling,but not over the top.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
tomato22

Hi All,

Yes the sizing is so funny. The heavy woman in the blue todays special was asked by the designer. Is your size a 3 x? The model replied no, this is an extra large. You gotta be kidding. Helen Kenny, the same. Don't get me wrong, I really like that they show average size woman(all sizes), but they have changed the sizing so we ladies feel better.

At any rate, I would like to bring up another point. How can the hosts aND designer keep telling us we can wear all that blingy items with jeans. They also do it with jewelry. No matter the item, you can wear it with jeans.I think they sound not only stupid, but they show in order to sell something they will say anything. So I'm going up to Walmart now in my sequined jacket and jeans and my Vicoria Wieck 7 ct absolute. So funny.

I watched Barr and Barr last night. She was my favorite designer on HSN. I missed a clearance bag, as I was buying so much other stuff, I had to stop somewhere. I was disappointed , not by the design, but by the size. Are we now carrying luggage where ever we go. The handbags, are no longer handbags, but luggage for vacations. I guess if we feel like running away, we have the luggage to run.

Yes, lets talk designer. Libby Edelman's last nights leggings. I say stick to shoes. Just my 2 cents.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
15 Replies
08.24.2010 3:22 AM
0 Smiles
13 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...