floridaMel | Admirer 2 | 06.30.2008 8:47 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the sizing charts? Last week I had to send 8 items back ...clothing I would have have loved to keep (love my Lukastyle!)but couldnt because I pick the size according to the sizing chart at HSN, and the clothes arrive so off-base..large.. I have to go through the bother and expense of returning them. Just got a few more of my lovely Lukastyle again today, and here we go again. Thanks to the inaccurate sizing charts I have to return yet another item! I read the reviews and I dont think it is fair for the designers of the fashion lines to be blamed when this is clearly an HSN sizing chart issue.

Anyone else have this problem?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
MsLomo | Advisor 2 | 07.02.2008 10:27 PM
Hi, Mel! Disgo and I can share clothes with your daughter, too! :-) I've got the large bust (36 or 38DD), about a 32-inch waist, 38-inch hips, and long, skinny legs. So, I'm "top-heavy." It's a pain to buy a size-large top and have it balloon-out at the hips, or something fits at the hips and is too tight at the bust. So, separates work well, for example, the Lukastyle pencil skirt with the scuba top, or the capri pants with the matching duster and a black T underneath to minimize the bust. Suzanne Somers is also built along the same lines (although she's a smaller version and has a curvy rear, I think), so her clothes work for me -- if the durn size chart isn't messed up!! I like Susan Lucci pants because they're smaller in the legs. What I can't wear - and have never ordered just from the size charts - is Randolph Duke, because his measurements seem to fit a more hourglass shape. I guess each of us has her own challenges with fit!
floridaMel | Admirer 2 | 07.02.2008 9:47 PM
If I am understanding you correctly, then my daughter (21) has a similar shape to yours, although her large bust (40DD)really helps to balance her shape out...give her some curvyness. For her, what works is fashionable stretchy pants, and tunic type tops.
MsLomo | Advisor 2 | 07.02.2008 7:31 PM
Disgo, we could share clothes! :-)
DISGO | Inspirer 2 | 07.02.2008 6:07 PM
disco,I think my body type is very hard to dress as well..because, like you, I have a naturally small frame (which is carrying around some extra pounds). And like you, buying pants is mostly frustrating because, as odd as this sounds, my actual waist and hips is small, but my belly has too much meat on it, and I have a curvy rear end. So, what usually happens is only one side or the other fits. Meaning, if the waist fits, the rear doesnt, and visa versa. I have found that the type of pants that better work on my (odd)shape is stretchy type materials with elastic waists; fabrics that give and mold to my body. Maybe you can try that? Thats one more reason I like the LUkastyle line! Try the pants. I think youll like them.

Buying dresses and tops can also be a little challenge for me, since, Im short (5'4)and fuller busted, and if I want to accomodate my bustline, I often have to up a size, which can then unfortunately leave the rest baggy. Once again I have to plug Lukastyle becuase even the tops have great give and can really move and work with whatever body shape one has.

Best wishes! You are definately NOT alone.o:smileyhappy:

Hi FloridaMe, You can say my body is more of an apple shape,am not really that curvy in the lower portion.

My waist relaxed is almost as big as my lower hip.

They cut most to the pants legs meaning thighs,and seat too big for me.

The skinny stretch fit me the best.
floridaMel | Admirer 2 | 07.02.2008 4:52 PM
disco,I think my body type is very hard to dress as well..because, like you, I have a naturally small frame (which is carrying around some extra pounds). And like you, buying pants is mostly frustrating because, as odd as this sounds, my actual waist and hips is small, but my belly has too much meat on it, and I have a curvy rear end. So, what usually happens is only one side or the other fits. Meaning, if the waist fits, the rear doesnt, and visa versa. I have found that the type of pants that better work on my (odd)shape is stretchy type materials with elastic waists; fabrics that give and mold to my body. Maybe you can try that? Thats one more reason I like the LUkastyle line! Try the pants. I think youll like them.

Buying dresses and tops can also be a little challenge for me, since, Im short (5'4)and fuller busted, and if I want to accomodate my bustline, I often have to up a size, which can then unfortunately leave the rest baggy. Once again I have to plug Lukastyle becuase even the tops have great give and can really move and work with whatever body shape one has.

Best wishes! You are definately NOT alone.o:smileyhappy:
DISGO | Inspirer 2 | 07.02.2008 2:59 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the sizing charts? Last week I had to send 8 items back ...clothing I would have have loved to keep (love my Lukastyle!)but couldnt because I pick the size according to the sizing chart at HSN, and the clothes arrive so off-base..large.. I have to go through the bother and expense of returning them. Just got a few more of my lovely Lukastyle again today, and here we go again. Thanks to the inaccurate sizing charts I have to return yet another item! I read the reviews and I dont think it is fair for the designers of the fashion lines to be blamed when this is clearly an HSN sizing chart issue.

Yes i have had that issue several times.

Fashions are hard for me to order do to inconsistent sizing.

My body shape is hard as well to find the right one as it is.

Have a small frame,however need the room in the waist,ab,and tummy area.

My lower hip thighs are narrow.

Can't win in the pants department

](*,)
MsLomo | Advisor 2 | 07.02.2008 12:44 PM
Faerie, good info! I must admit that I do not consult the "HSN Size Chart," always consulting instead the specific one for the particular garment (which I have been calling the HSN Size Chart - oops!). I always assumed that the HSN Size Chart was general size information to be consulted (defaulted to) only if there wasn't a specific garment measurement chart, and I've yet to run into one garment that I've ordered that didn't have this specific garment measurements chart. So I am wondering: (1) who is responsible for providing the measurements in the "specific garment measurements" chart; (2) when the garments arrive from wherever (manufacturer), who checks to be sure they conform to the specific garment measurements chart (I assume it's a random spot check and not each of the thousands that arrive for each item number?); and, (3) why have about half of the garments that I've ordered (in the Lucci, Somers, and Lukastyle lines) failed to match or conform to the measurements in the "specific garment measurements" chart, causing me to return. I've experienced ordering the same item number in the same line in the same size but in two different colors and have received two different fits (way off). If this is "just the way it is" without a remedy, I will need to quit wasting money on EZ Returns and bite the bullet and go try on clothes in a 8-[ s t o r e.
floridaMel | Admirer 2 | 07.02.2008 9:22 AM
faerie,have to be at work shortly so heres a quick reply using one example. Then maybe you can understand why I draw my conclusion why the charts are not accurate. I wanted to order the capris/slim pants so I took my hip measurement which reads 44. The chart prompted me to order size XL, which, if it was accurate, should have been a perfect fit for me. When it arrived, it was HUGE! Swam on me. Of course this had to be returned..NOT through any defect of their own but through the faux pas of the size chart. This is merely ONE of many examples, thus the conclusion I draw.
--------
(edited later)
The same thing happened with one of my much earlier purchases, the sheath dress. I ordered several using HSN's chart after taking my measurements, and again I was prompted to buy an XL. The dresses arrived ridiculously huge on me so back they went, and trust me, VERY regretably. I was totally impressed with the quality(extra stitching, darts, substantial material that didnt look like it would fall apart after a few washes, and the clean lines and easy wear I like)so I DID order more..in a smaller size, and it was then perfect.

Like you, i have been burned so many times (due to what 'i' believe is mostly the inaccurate charts)that if I am unsure about a particular style, I will wait until someone leaves a more personal comment. I love it when they say what size they are, and what size worked for them. That atleast gives me some sort of guideline to work with. But, for me personally, using the charts in the Lukastyle is like playing russian roulette..or playing with forrest gump (you never know what your goona get)o:smileyhappy:

Lastly, like you, I would love to see most products sold in the USA to me MADE in the USA. Unfortunately, there is a very practical financial reason why manufacturers do this (outside of the USA), so until we get our own act togehter, and make production in the USA just as (financially)appealing as outside the USA, this will remain an option for manufacturers who need to watch their budgets.
Faerie | Admirer 2 | 07.02.2008 5:13 AM
I find the HSN sizing charts to be accurate. And this is especially true when they include a separate chart that indicates they are actual measurements for that particular garment and I take into consideration the Fit Description as well. Of course there have been a few exceptions and some, not all, WSL fall in that category.

I disagree that it's totally on HSN to provide accurate sizing information for every single garment. The HSN sizing chart says: "HSN uses standard, universal sizing, meaning every garment regardless of designer, collection or fit type will be sized the same across the site. Once you identify your HSN size, you'll be able to shop with confidence." Vendors who say they design and manufacture to HSN's standard sizing chart are responsible for meeting those specifications.

When a vendor designs and manufactures to their own sizes and samples must be measured to provide unique sizing charts, the garments that are delivered must then meet those measurements consistently. If HSN is going to the trouble to measure garments and create unique sizing charts, it's probably because they want to minimize returns and maintain customer satisfaction. And it's possible that the vendor is providing those sizing charts rather than HSN creating them.

Within a particular line I expect to wear the same size in most garments unless I have a personal preference (for example I know I like something a bit looser in a particular style - then I would check the sizing chart and adjust accordingly). I shouldn't have to order up one time and down the next depending on the style. And when I order multiples of the same style/size they should all fit the same.

I have two pairs of WSL pants with the same size tag. One fits and the other is too big in the waist. Same thing happened a few months ago with the EZ Scuba. I have 4 that fit perfectly and had to return one that was too small and one that was too big (all had the same size tag and all are EZ not regular scubas). I also have 3 shrunken cardigans, 1 duster and 3 wide tanks in the same size that fit well.

I'm sending back 3 Lukastyle Origami Sweaters. One I ordered up a size because the color I wanted was sold out, so I knew it might be too big and it was (although my bra didn't show through the arm holes). But the others were my normal WSL size and they are also way too big (and my bra did show). HSN's sizing chart on these says it's actual garment measurements (rather than sized to fit certain body measurements) and considering the unusual shape they are fairly accurate. I expected my usual Lukastyle size to fit and it doesn't, which is disappointing. I would probably need one and maybe even two sizes smaller and they are sold out.

I'm also returning a WSL Velvet Drape Tunic, which is also too large. Again the measurements on the size chart are accurate and indicate a bust size and sweep several inches larger than the other WSL tops in my size. I assumed he designed it that way for drape and it would look good if I ordered the size I wear in other WSL tops, but it just hangs without much shape even layered with other pieces and wants to slip off my shoulders.

I ordered a S'wrap in my usual size and it was way too tight. I returned it and ordered the next size larger, which is enormous and is going back.

From this latest shipment I get to keep a Front-To-Back Scoop Sweater and several Boy Tanks that fit well in my usual WSL size. And I'm keeping the Silk Blend Tie Front topper even though it's a little bit big, which as a topper doesn't matter that much. And I'm also keeping another EZ Scuba in one size smaller than my others that fit, which also fits (I can't tell the difference in size even though the tag says it's a size smaller).

HSN may be responsible for some sizing chart errors, but that doesn't explain all of the inconsistencies in fit (or the problems I had with color matching). I think it's a case of "Made in China...there will be problems."

In spite of all the frustrations, I love the WSL clothing I own that does fit well and even though I've had to return 1/4 to 1/3 of what I've purchased, I'll buy more.
queenvictoria | Admirer 3 | 07.01.2008 10:25 PM
LOL - tricky!!!
floridaMel | Admirer 2 | 07.01.2008 10:06 PM
QV, now I know why mine shows as zero hits, etc..because they moved my original post from "Whats new at HSN" to "fashion." Im still getting in via "Whats new.." and if you look there you will see it says zero hits/replies.check it out
queenvictoria | Admirer 3 | 07.01.2008 9:32 PM
Hi Mel - I show 9 hits and 102 views.

Of course, I didn't think you were being anything but helpful and curious - no worries o:smileyhappy:
floridaMel | Admirer 2 | 07.01.2008 8:45 PM
first off, has anyone noticed HSN marked this topic as having zero posts and no hits?

QV, to clarify, I wasnt directing my post to you specifically, but it was a general statement regarding those who may do that without first calling and clarifying what they mean as 'defective' with customer service like you do. Also, I dont know if its a strike against designers when alot of things are returned as 'defective.'

queenvictoria | Admirer 3 | 07.01.2008 8:28 PM
Mel: if you are calling CS and explaining it is a size issue and therefore causing it to be defective - this will not mean designer will take a 'hit', since they write down the notes as you explain it to them. I think if you sent it back and just checked off the return form with 'defective' then that might be an issue. I have never done this, as I always get the help/approval for n/c shipping via the phone before I send back.

MsLomo - glad this helped! o:smileyhappy:

QV
floridaMel | Admirer 2 | 07.01.2008 7:17 PM
Re: defective

There is a positive side to stating a garnment is defective when it truly is not (just a chart sizing issue). On the plus side, stating so may allow a customer to receive a refund of s/h (which is of course then better on ones pocketbook).

On the down side, however, how, if at all, could repeated 'its defective' remarks affect the designers reputation?

I have gotten a full refund but I really had to press the issue with HSN the one time it occured on my entire order, letting them know this was a problem on THEIR end, and that had their chart been accurate, I would have kept the items. I personally dont mind paying shipping/handling on, say, a return here and there because, after all, this comes with the fact we have chosen to buy online, a place where we cannot pre-try on items. We accept the fact that the item might not flatter our shape as we hoped, color not good on our skin tone, etc. I honestly dont mind paying when I made a boo boo. However, what I am griping about here is when it is NOT my fault (nor the designers), and the error rests with HSN's sizing chart.

MsLomo | Advisor 2 | 07.01.2008 6:18 PM
QV, what you just posted is very helpful. After all, why should we customers take the hit when an inaccurate size chart is not our doing ... thank you! Why didn't I think of that before now? #-o o:smileyhappy:
queenvictoria | Admirer 3 | 07.01.2008 6:09 PM
Mel and MsLomo - I do know that HSN will pay for return shipping if you tell them sizing is inaccurate (QVC does this too) - you just have to be specific and tell them the item is "defective".I never have a problem if I use this approach and its truthful, ofcourse

Sorry you are having issues, gals - do go onto the forum as many there know about the inaccurate sizing and will tell you how to order most pieces. I take anywhere from L - 2X in many of HSN pieces, depending on the cut/style. I do rely on the reviews, as well as trial and error!!
MsLomo | Advisor 2 | 07.01.2008 6:02 PM
I have, and I'm getting increasingly distressed about it. It's gotten to where I will not order anything until I read at least one review that reports on the sizing. I've learned not to trust the size charts, because I've gotten burned. We'll read in the reviews, "runs true to size," "runs small," "order up two sizes." I don't get it. Why doesn't HSN simply give us each item number's measurements (bust, waist, and sweep), and we'll add a couple of inches for comfort, and there 'ya go. Maybe I do not understand the mysteries of measuring and posting these measurements. Inconsistent sizing has bugged me in the Lucci, Lukastyle, and Somers' lines (because that's what I've ordered from HSN), and I would take the plunge and buy more if I did not have the persistent concern that it's going to cost me. If these returns are costing HSN anything, it's in their enlightened self-interest to do something about the size charts. HSN, we can't try on the garment, so it's imperative that you give us accurate information if you want to keep our business!
floridaMel | Admirer 2 | 07.01.2008 5:30 PM
Hello. The sizing charts are owned and operated by HSN.If there is inaccurate info on them, HSN needs to be responsible for this, and hopefully, remedy it at once. From talking to other friends and associates, I know this has happened to them as well. I also have seen similar complaints in the reviews section.

Anyone else had these issues?
gemmadoll | Admirer 2 | 07.01.2008 4:36 PM
Have you posted an inquiry on Wayne's forum? I'm sure the ladies will be glad to help you sort it out.
gemmadoll | Admirer 2 | 07.01.2008 4:21 PM
How surprising to see you posting this question here considering you sang your swan song. May I suggest you post your complaint on the WSL forum where I am sure the kind ladies will be more than eager to help you out. Good luck with your sizing problems.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
floridaMel

Inaccurate Sizing Charts

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
gemmadoll

RE: Inaccurate Sizing Charts

How surprising to see you posting this question here considering you sang your swan song. May I suggest you post your complaint on the WSL forum where I am sure the kind ladies will be more than eager to help you out. Good luck with your sizing problems.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
gemmadoll

Have you posted an inquiry on Wayne's forum? I'm sure the ladies will be glad to help you sort it out.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
floridaMel

Hello. The sizing charts are owned and operated by HSN.If there is inaccurate info on them, HSN needs to be responsible for this, and hopefully, remedy it at once. From talking to other friends and associates, I know this has happened to them as well. I also have seen similar complaints in the reviews section.

Anyone else had these issues?
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
MsLomo

I have, and I'm getting increasingly distressed about it. It's gotten to where I will not order anything until I read at least one review that reports on the sizing. I've learned not to trust the size charts, because I've gotten burned. We'll read in the reviews, "runs true to size," "runs small," "order up two sizes." I don't get it. Why doesn't HSN simply give us each item number's measurements (bust, waist, and sweep), and we'll add a couple of inches for comfort, and there 'ya go. Maybe I do not understand the mysteries of measuring and posting these measurements. Inconsistent sizing has bugged me in the Lucci, Lukastyle, and Somers' lines (because that's what I've ordered from HSN), and I would take the plunge and buy more if I did not have the persistent concern that it's going to cost me. If these returns are costing HSN anything, it's in their enlightened self-interest to do something about the size charts. HSN, we can't try on the garment, so it's imperative that you give us accurate information if you want to keep our business!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
queenvictoria

Mel and MsLomo - I do know that HSN will pay for return shipping if you tell them sizing is inaccurate (QVC does this too) - you just have to be specific and tell them the item is "defective".I never have a problem if I use this approach and its truthful, ofcourse

Sorry you are having issues, gals - do go onto the forum as many there know about the inaccurate sizing and will tell you how to order most pieces. I take anywhere from L - 2X in many of HSN pieces, depending on the cut/style. I do rely on the reviews, as well as trial and error!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
MsLomo

QV, what you just posted is very helpful. After all, why should we customers take the hit when an inaccurate size chart is not our doing ... thank you! Why didn't I think of that before now? #-o o:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
floridaMel

Re: defective

There is a positive side to stating a garnment is defective when it truly is not (just a chart sizing issue). On the plus side, stating so may allow a customer to receive a refund of s/h (which is of course then better on ones pocketbook).

On the down side, however, how, if at all, could repeated 'its defective' remarks affect the designers reputation?

I have gotten a full refund but I really had to press the issue with HSN the one time it occured on my entire order, letting them know this was a problem on THEIR end, and that had their chart been accurate, I would have kept the items. I personally dont mind paying shipping/handling on, say, a return here and there because, after all, this comes with the fact we have chosen to buy online, a place where we cannot pre-try on items. We accept the fact that the item might not flatter our shape as we hoped, color not good on our skin tone, etc. I honestly dont mind paying when I made a boo boo. However, what I am griping about here is when it is NOT my fault (nor the designers), and the error rests with HSN's sizing chart.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
queenvictoria

Mel: if you are calling CS and explaining it is a size issue and therefore causing it to be defective - this will not mean designer will take a 'hit', since they write down the notes as you explain it to them. I think if you sent it back and just checked off the return form with 'defective' then that might be an issue. I have never done this, as I always get the help/approval for n/c shipping via the phone before I send back.

MsLomo - glad this helped! o:smileyhappy:

QV
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
floridaMel

first off, has anyone noticed HSN marked this topic as having zero posts and no hits?

QV, to clarify, I wasnt directing my post to you specifically, but it was a general statement regarding those who may do that without first calling and clarifying what they mean as 'defective' with customer service like you do. Also, I dont know if its a strike against designers when alot of things are returned as 'defective.'

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
45 Replies
06.30.2008 8:47 PM
0 Smiles
10 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...