Admirer 2
floridaMel

Inaccurate Sizing Charts

Is anyone else having problems with the sizing charts? Last week I had to send 8 items back ...clothing I would have have loved to keep (love my Lukastyle!)but couldnt because I pick the size according to the sizing chart at HSN, and the clothes arrive so off-base..large.. I have to go through the bother and expense of returning them. Just got a few more of my lovely Lukastyle again today, and here we go again. Thanks to the inaccurate sizing charts I have to return yet another item! I read the reviews and I dont think it is fair for the designers of the fashion lines to be blamed when this is clearly an HSN sizing chart issue.

Anyone else have this problem?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
gemmadoll

RE: Inaccurate Sizing Charts

How surprising to see you posting this question here considering you sang your swan song. May I suggest you post your complaint on the WSL forum where I am sure the kind ladies will be more than eager to help you out. Good luck with your sizing problems.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
gemmadoll

Have you posted an inquiry on Wayne's forum? I'm sure the ladies will be glad to help you sort it out.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
floridaMel

Hello. The sizing charts are owned and operated by HSN.If there is inaccurate info on them, HSN needs to be responsible for this, and hopefully, remedy it at once. From talking to other friends and associates, I know this has happened to them as well. I also have seen similar complaints in the reviews section.

Anyone else had these issues?
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 3
MsLomo

I have, and I'm getting increasingly distressed about it. It's gotten to where I will not order anything until I read at least one review that reports on the sizing. I've learned not to trust the size charts, because I've gotten burned. We'll read in the reviews, "runs true to size," "runs small," "order up two sizes." I don't get it. Why doesn't HSN simply give us each item number's measurements (bust, waist, and sweep), and we'll add a couple of inches for comfort, and there 'ya go. Maybe I do not understand the mysteries of measuring and posting these measurements. Inconsistent sizing has bugged me in the Lucci, Lukastyle, and Somers' lines (because that's what I've ordered from HSN), and I would take the plunge and buy more if I did not have the persistent concern that it's going to cost me. If these returns are costing HSN anything, it's in their enlightened self-interest to do something about the size charts. HSN, we can't try on the garment, so it's imperative that you give us accurate information if you want to keep our business!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
queenvictoria

Mel and MsLomo - I do know that HSN will pay for return shipping if you tell them sizing is inaccurate (QVC does this too) - you just have to be specific and tell them the item is "defective".I never have a problem if I use this approach and its truthful, ofcourse

Sorry you are having issues, gals - do go onto the forum as many there know about the inaccurate sizing and will tell you how to order most pieces. I take anywhere from L - 2X in many of HSN pieces, depending on the cut/style. I do rely on the reviews, as well as trial and error!!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 3
MsLomo

QV, what you just posted is very helpful. After all, why should we customers take the hit when an inaccurate size chart is not our doing ... thank you! Why didn't I think of that before now? #-o o:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
floridaMel

Re: defective

There is a positive side to stating a garnment is defective when it truly is not (just a chart sizing issue). On the plus side, stating so may allow a customer to receive a refund of s/h (which is of course then better on ones pocketbook).

On the down side, however, how, if at all, could repeated 'its defective' remarks affect the designers reputation?

I have gotten a full refund but I really had to press the issue with HSN the one time it occured on my entire order, letting them know this was a problem on THEIR end, and that had their chart been accurate, I would have kept the items. I personally dont mind paying shipping/handling on, say, a return here and there because, after all, this comes with the fact we have chosen to buy online, a place where we cannot pre-try on items. We accept the fact that the item might not flatter our shape as we hoped, color not good on our skin tone, etc. I honestly dont mind paying when I made a boo boo. However, what I am griping about here is when it is NOT my fault (nor the designers), and the error rests with HSN's sizing chart.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
queenvictoria

Mel: if you are calling CS and explaining it is a size issue and therefore causing it to be defective - this will not mean designer will take a 'hit', since they write down the notes as you explain it to them. I think if you sent it back and just checked off the return form with 'defective' then that might be an issue. I have never done this, as I always get the help/approval for n/c shipping via the phone before I send back.

MsLomo - glad this helped! o:smileyhappy:

QV
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
floridaMel

first off, has anyone noticed HSN marked this topic as having zero posts and no hits?

QV, to clarify, I wasnt directing my post to you specifically, but it was a general statement regarding those who may do that without first calling and clarifying what they mean as 'defective' with customer service like you do. Also, I dont know if its a strike against designers when alot of things are returned as 'defective.'

Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.