Realdeal | Admirer 2 | 08.16.2009 5:33 AM
I shopped HSN and QVC in the past. Now I just shop HSN but I noticed when I buy QVC purses, I bump into someone else with that same purse. I hardly get that with HSN. I wonder if Hsn just have more versatility. The most strangest thing is that QVC purses sells out super, super, fast. I am talking minutes. It just make me wonder does QVC have the better purses? I think HSN purses are nice too but I have read a lot of reviews on numerous purses and the complaints were about poor materials and cheaply made. I personally never had to return a purse from HSN but it does seem like QVC has HSN beat in that area.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Libra21 | Admirer 3 | 08.26.2009 1:19 PM
Sharif bags of late have manmade trim, I don`t understand the reason for that, when I buy a leather bag I expect it to be all made of leather
ringcrazy | Admirer 2 | 08.26.2009 12:12 AM
Hi ladies-I usually post on the jewelry forum but I was bored tonight and decided to see what was doing on the other forums!;-); I have a couple of Sharif bags, and I ALWAYS get compliments when I carry one of them. The only time I regretted carrying one was when my husband and I were meeting some friends for dinner and the wife had the same bag!! I guess we both have good taste=d>
goldlily | Admirer 2 | 08.23.2009 10:08 PM
I disagree about the quality of Q bags. I bought a leather Maxx bag from the Q, and within a few weeks, the trim on the edges of the straps was peeling off. Of course, it was past the 30-day guarantee! ](*,) Of course, I won't be buying any more Maxx bags.
mssilver | Admirer 2 | 08.18.2009 7:59 PM
QVC does sell the brand names if that matters to you. But I would put a Barr and Barr bag up against a Dooney or Makowsky any day. While it is true that I always see Dooney bags I would like in their ads or store windows, the styles of Dooney that the Q carries look like they have been around for 20 years. And as others have said, Makowsky and others can be found elsewhere, often cheaper.
beezwacks | Admirer 2 | 08.18.2009 6:43 PM
I like the ones at QVC better with the exception of KVZ. Most purses I see at HSN are sparkly, sequined, and over the top.
lucyvanpelt88 | Admirer 3 | 08.18.2009 5:59 PM
The Q does a better presentation with their bags than HSN does. HSN briefly shows you the inside. If you blink, you missed it. It seems like the Q has more name brand bags than HSN. However, like someone said earlier, you can buy Tig & KVZ at TJMaxx or Marshall's all day long which are cheaper. I looked at a few of KVZ bags there & the plastic/vinyl was awful feeling. Yes, they are nice designs but what they are made of is not. At least I didn't like it. Sam's carries Maxx in their showcase too.
fiftiesdolls | Admirer 3 | 08.18.2009 5:31 PM
I like ShopNBC's purses the best as I enjoy Charlie Lapson, The Find and Anuschka. Most of my handbags are made by Coach and if QVC is selling I haven't seen it. QVC does carry some made in Mexico Doonies, Tig (which I can find on sale anytime at TJMax much cheaper), Vera's bags are being discounted everywhere and Kathy VanZealand's are overpriced vinyls. As far as HSN, I never buy my bags her anymore. I tried Falci's and Shariff's but am not impressed. I think that they could upgrade their handbag department with some fresh new brands. IMHO
katperson | Admirer 3 | 08.18.2009 5:17 PM
The Q carries better brands, brands that many women in the country like carrying like Coach, D&B, Vera Bradley, Tig, KVZ, and Maxx. HSN carries off brands that are not made well and even though they may be "leather" the leather is not top quality and the prices are crazy. I see the same thing on SNBC and wonder why a woman would pay that kind of money for inferior leather and an off brand name for that kind of money? Me, I am not a name snob but I do like quality and I like to know that a brand I buy has the quality.
MOMSKA | Admirer 3 | 08.16.2009 11:49 AM
Realdeal, in my opinion, QVC has the best purses and that is probably why you see them around a lot. They carry great brand names, real leather and well-made purses. Women know good bags when they see them and when QVC has a bag it gets scooped up very quickly. My only regret is that they don't have flex pay as often as HSN does. I have a few bags from the Q and they are top-notch quality and the styles are fabulous IMO.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
Realdeal

HSN purses and handbags VS QVC purses and handbags

I shopped HSN and QVC in the past. Now I just shop HSN but I noticed when I buy QVC purses, I bump into someone else with that same purse. I hardly get that with HSN. I wonder if Hsn just have more versatility. The most strangest thing is that QVC purses sells out super, super, fast. I am talking minutes. It just make me wonder does QVC have the better purses? I think HSN purses are nice too but I have read a lot of reviews on numerous purses and the complaints were about poor materials and cheaply made. I personally never had to return a purse from HSN but it does seem like QVC has HSN beat in that area.
Life AIN'T WORTH LIVING IF YOUR DEAD.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MOMSKA

RE: HSN purses and handbags VS QVC purses and handbags

Realdeal, in my opinion, QVC has the best purses and that is probably why you see them around a lot. They carry great brand names, real leather and well-made purses. Women know good bags when they see them and when QVC has a bag it gets scooped up very quickly. My only regret is that they don't have flex pay as often as HSN does. I have a few bags from the Q and they are top-notch quality and the styles are fabulous IMO.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
katperson

The Q carries better brands, brands that many women in the country like carrying like Coach, D&B, Vera Bradley, Tig, KVZ, and Maxx. HSN carries off brands that are not made well and even though they may be "leather" the leather is not top quality and the prices are crazy. I see the same thing on SNBC and wonder why a woman would pay that kind of money for inferior leather and an off brand name for that kind of money? Me, I am not a name snob but I do like quality and I like to know that a brand I buy has the quality.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
fiftiesdolls

I like ShopNBC's purses the best as I enjoy Charlie Lapson, The Find and Anuschka. Most of my handbags are made by Coach and if QVC is selling I haven't seen it. QVC does carry some made in Mexico Doonies, Tig (which I can find on sale anytime at TJMax much cheaper), Vera's bags are being discounted everywhere and Kathy VanZealand's are overpriced vinyls. As far as HSN, I never buy my bags her anymore. I tried Falci's and Shariff's but am not impressed. I think that they could upgrade their handbag department with some fresh new brands. IMHO
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
lucyvanpelt88

The Q does a better presentation with their bags than HSN does. HSN briefly shows you the inside. If you blink, you missed it. It seems like the Q has more name brand bags than HSN. However, like someone said earlier, you can buy Tig & KVZ at TJMaxx or Marshall's all day long which are cheaper. I looked at a few of KVZ bags there & the plastic/vinyl was awful feeling. Yes, they are nice designs but what they are made of is not. At least I didn't like it. Sam's carries Maxx in their showcase too.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
beezwacks

I like the ones at QVC better with the exception of KVZ. Most purses I see at HSN are sparkly, sequined, and over the top.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mssilver

QVC does sell the brand names if that matters to you. But I would put a Barr and Barr bag up against a Dooney or Makowsky any day. While it is true that I always see Dooney bags I would like in their ads or store windows, the styles of Dooney that the Q carries look like they have been around for 20 years. And as others have said, Makowsky and others can be found elsewhere, often cheaper.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
goldlily

I disagree about the quality of Q bags. I bought a leather Maxx bag from the Q, and within a few weeks, the trim on the edges of the straps was peeling off. Of course, it was past the 30-day guarantee! ](*,) Of course, I won't be buying any more Maxx bags.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ringcrazy

Hi ladies-I usually post on the jewelry forum but I was bored tonight and decided to see what was doing on the other forums!;-); I have a couple of Sharif bags, and I ALWAYS get compliments when I carry one of them. The only time I regretted carrying one was when my husband and I were meeting some friends for dinner and the wife had the same bag!! I guess we both have good taste=d>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Libra21

Sharif bags of late have manmade trim, I don`t understand the reason for that, when I buy a leather bag I expect it to be all made of leather
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
9 Replies
08.16.2009 5:33 AM
0 Smiles
10 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...