JEN5276 | Admirer 2 | 11.14.2008 5:42 PM
Just curious if anyone else has this problem..

I have several pairs of DG2 jeans and for the most part I like them. I need the tall size, and I do appreciate the extra length but one thing bothers me. They come up soo high and almost feel like Mom Jeans on me. When I'm sitting, they are digging into by bellybutton, that's how high up they come.

I don't have this problem with any of my other jeans...I was curious if anyone noticed this too? Maybe it's because they are the tall size? The regular length is too short for me though.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
JEN5276

DG2 Jeans...

Just curious if anyone else has this problem..

I have several pairs of DG2 jeans and for the most part I like them. I need the tall size, and I do appreciate the extra length but one thing bothers me. They come up soo high and almost feel like Mom Jeans on me. When I'm sitting, they are digging into by bellybutton, that's how high up they come.

I don't have this problem with any of my other jeans...I was curious if anyone noticed this too? Maybe it's because they are the tall size? The regular length is too short for me though.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
shannon1116

RE: DG2 Jeans...

Funny you should mention this, Jen5276. I, too, find DG's regular length a bit short but, while I love the length of the tall size, the rise is just unacceptable. As you mentioned, I find they come up much too high and I find that within minutes they are slipping down (you know the area I mean lol) much like pantyhose that don't fit properly. I have kept the regular length because of this but they bother me a bit as I would like more length. I am 5'6" -- not particularly tall -- most regular lengths fit me just fine. I wish Diane would either split the difference or put enough of a hem in the regular length to allow for letting it down to add an inch or two.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
tamantha2

I agree that the talls have a higher rise. I have ordered them with the intention to hem them, but I have a higher rise, and shorter legs, and it is worth it to me to order the talls IF I have to. I prefer the average. I feel for you ladies who need the length but not the higher rises tho'. Really how can one designer make a jean for ALL body types tho? It is so frustrating to know how to order..... I remember a time when you could get jeans with no hem at all, with the intention of having them altered..... maybe that could be an option???
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
shannon1116

Another thought -- why is it that men get to choose the length when they buy their pants? Everytime I buy for my husband or my son, I wonder why only men have this option. Especially when you consider that we wear heels and flats, almost every woman needs to vary her lengths. Seems to me that this would have made a very funny Seinfeld episode, don't you think? LOL
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
drama1queen

Hello, I where an 18w (working on downsizing), and it seems that all of the DG2 jeans have elastic in the waist. I do most of my shopping in the department stores and rarely do I see elastic in the items that are for sale. If there are enough of us that hate the elastic, then maybe Diane would stop putting the elastic in her jeans.
ON another note, her jackets fall just short of the "muffin" which is so irritating! Even if I order the largest size, the muffin is not covered. Is this also a problem for any of you w size women?

With that said, I do love her jean styles, I would just love to see a couple of changes, for the larger sized women.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
pepperoni

I agree with the mens' sizing/I have tried mens pants with the extra length but men do not have hips! DG2 jeans feel like I'm carrying a load in my crotch/they bag and droop after awhile/unless I wear them like Urkel pants. The rise is too high/I need length not the high rise, don't care for the elastic either. I have done well lately with a true fit from LB, they are making their regular sizes longer so if you are wearing flats you can get away with reg. inseams. 33 Tall is 35/only with heels.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
serfina

the only problem i've had with dg2 jeans is the waist being on the large side. the compliments i get when i wear diane's jeans are unbelievable. i've been buying a size down and found the fit to be perfect.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
shannon1116

I completely agree with you, pepperoni! The rise and the Urkel thing are sooo true. I was wondering what jeans you are referring to when you say "LB".
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
pepperoni

Item 1678051 These are a nice Lane Bryant dark rinse denim trouser/
True fit or right fit/they fit great. I like the dressier wide leg jean/fit better than DG2's trouser jean same style. I was always pulling up Diane's and these fit better in the thighs also, and no elastic!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
LUCKYDUCK

When I heard the length of the DG2 regular vs. tall jeans, I was tempted to try the tall jeans. I need the tall in-seam length with a regular rise. Thanks for the rise info on the DG2 tall jeans!
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
25 Replies
11.14.2008 5:42 PM
0 Smiles
18 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...