lzbth | New Friend | 01.17.2012 6:59 AM
Hi Everyone,
I don't have any DG2 jeans but have been looking at them for a long time. It's almost impossible for me to find jeans that fit as my waist size is almost as big as my hips. That's a slight exaggeration but unfortunately it's close to the truth. #-o I'm not that big but having 4 children and being in my late 60's makes big changes in how we're built. No smiley here expresses the frustration. [-( LOL. Anyway, I'm looking at the DG2 Stretch Denim Bootcut jean on sale for $29.90 and instructions for determining one's size are to just measure one's hips. According to that I would wear a size 10P but I'm concerned about whether they'd be too small. How far up do they come (the rise)? If they do actually fit below the waist I have a lot better chance of getting a pair that fits as I do have one pair of jeans that have a low to mid rise and because they fit below my waist they fit fine. When you measure the rise on a pair of jeans you already have, do you measure to the top or bottom of the waist band? If anyone has a pair of the DG2 jeans in a size 10 or 12, do you know what the waist actually measures? Sure would appreciate any help, advice!
Thanks in advance,
Lzbth
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
snowcollector | Pro 1 | 11.14.2014 7:45 PM 2 People have Smiled

I've been buyhing DG2 jeans for years but none lately.  They have worn so well I haven't needed to buy anymore.  They are vanity sized.  I had to order 2 or 3 sizes when I first started to figure out what my size was....typically you need to order down 1 or 2 sizes from what you typically wear.  It can be timeconsuming and expensive to return the sizes that don't work but once you find what size fits you, you will probably love them...

teresarobenhood | Inspirer 2 | 11.14.2014 7:36 PM

Good Luck here,!  At 5'4" I got a pair of her jeans (I'll have to go back and check the order for description - they were less that $15.00) in size 10 (they are super soft, inside and out) and they fit, and look unbelievably good.  Sit on my waist, length just past my ankle.  I do not carry alot of weight around my middle, but I am 60 yrs old and have two children, so I think I'm average in that area.

Today I received a pair of DG jeans Twill, $59.00 and they look hideous, (size 10 again)

I can only deduce that this woman who claims to love her customers so much does not put the time and effort into consistent quality control.  There is no excuse for such total lack of professionalism.

I am done with her jeans.

But I wish you the best of luck, and IF you get lucky, you will be delighted!

Terri

teresarobenhood | Inspirer 2 | 11.14.2014 7:39 PM

Re-read you question and I have already packaged the Twill for return, but OFF the ones that do fit measure 34waist.

Terri

JudyAA | New Friend | 11.14.2014 7:14 PM

I'm a tad dumbstruck by the sizing of the super stretch skinny jeans and bootcut jeans.  In regular jeans, I usually wear a 14 and lately 16s are snug. Talls sometimes have too high of a rise, but I do like my belly covered.  I'm 5'6'.

I placed my first order for DG super stretch skinny jeans in size 14 regular - they're big.  I like them pretty tight around the waist to hold me in.  I can't imagine a 12 would work.  I really want these jeans because they are super comfy.  

Does anyone think I can just dry them in the dryer to take them in a bit?   

deviee | Admirer 3 | 03.06.2012 3:30 PM
:d/ love her items, i'm 68, an love these, dg2 jeans an leggings...i'm 5'2, an i can wear a size petite 10-12-or regular size 6...i turn them wrong-side out to wash,them an wash them in cold water..an hang up to dry, but i'm sure you can throw them in the dryer if you want to,but thats just me...thanks..
MaryWorth | Inspirer 1 | 02.23.2012 12:27 PM
Here's my opinion about DG jeans. I've washed them in warm water and put them in a hot dryer and they don't shrink much, if at all. They will stretch back out when you wear them if they do shrink a little. I would go ahead and get the 8P. DG jeans and jeggings have a lot of stretch. If the 10P is too big, you definitely need to try the 8P. And if the 8P stretch out when you wear them and become too big, try the 6P.
HarwichHelen | New Friend | 02.23.2012 11:16 AM
I love these jeans because they fit so well in the waist; I have a large waist, and these jeans sit below the natural waist and so are very comfortable.

Question: Can I shrink my jeans? The 10P is too big, but I'm afraid the 8P will be too small. Can I shrink them just a bit? Should I put them in the dryer, or wash in warm water, or both?
Scarsmom | Admirer 3 | 02.04.2012 2:43 PM
Hi all, lzbth, BD, angelout,
I forgot to address angelout's question about the sizing. I would buy #140-315, wide leg jeans, since the waist to the thigh are pretty fitted, then the hip flares out. (Other choices include the palazzos if you don't mind pants that aren't jeans, no pockets and they run long and baggy in the leg. (I have 'em in leopard but solids are on clearance way cheap now.)
Scarsmom
Scarsmom | Admirer 3 | 02.04.2012 2:32 PM
Hi All,
I have many DG2 jeans in petite 5'4". The waist is pretty stretchy and generous, but the fabric used to be a better heavier denim quality back in the day. That said, i am currently wearing the wide leg jean in 12, very roomy. i usually wear a 10, but it was sold out, and that's on the tighter side (my waist is about 31.5, but varies,since I am dieting, weight bet. 159-164). I buy lots of skinny jeans and the waist is ok (tight in 10, loose in 12, I have to wear a belt in 12 often, until I wash therm and they shrink a bit!)and also the leggings were too low rise in the back for me, when I sat down, and the legs kinda tight too,and I prefer pockets, so no more jeggings for me I guess. Except NYDJ.
I would really recommend NYDJ Not Your Daughter Tummy Tuck jeans, for someone with a bigger waist. I have a similar problem (2 babies, each over 10 lbs. and a C-section pooch left over). I know they are very expensive in the stores like Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom's (over $100) but I found them on e-bay used and new from like $10-$55. They are SOOOO stretchy in the fabric, yet have a panel to help hold in your stomach (and butt) and are SOOOO comfortable and flattering, you don't even know you are wearing jeans. Also, Wrangler Aura are good.
I don't know if this is helpful, but do you put your jeans in the dryer? I usually machine wash, then lay flat overnight, then dry part way in the morning, so they don't shrink much, esp if they are already tight 10s on me. But if they are 12s and I want them to shrink, I'll dry them. I dunno if thi is helpful, but I'd stay away from skinnies in 10 with a high rise waist, and get a lower rise boot cut, maybe in 12 if you don't mind a belt OR are going to dry/shrink them.
Scarsmom 8^)

PS I got the wider leg 12 cuz the 10 was sold out and the price was good and I'm glad I did, even though they are a bit long, they are comfy. :smileyhappy:
angelout | Inspirer 3 | 01.28.2012 5:22 AM
What if you have about a 31 waist and a 42 hip, then what???
bestdressed | Inspirer 3 | 01.20.2012 11:31 AM
Hi Izbth: I wear a size 10T in DG jeans. But, The rise on Tall size is longer, so I do not know if this info will help. But I would a try the 10 (smaller size) first, since there is stretch n the jeans. What are your measurements?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
lzbth

DG2 Jeans Sizing advice help

Hi Everyone,
I don't have any DG2 jeans but have been looking at them for a long time. It's almost impossible for me to find jeans that fit as my waist size is almost as big as my hips. That's a slight exaggeration but unfortunately it's close to the truth. #-o I'm not that big but having 4 children and being in my late 60's makes big changes in how we're built. No smiley here expresses the frustration. [-( LOL. Anyway, I'm looking at the DG2 Stretch Denim Bootcut jean on sale for $29.90 and instructions for determining one's size are to just measure one's hips. According to that I would wear a size 10P but I'm concerned about whether they'd be too small. How far up do they come (the rise)? If they do actually fit below the waist I have a lot better chance of getting a pair that fits as I do have one pair of jeans that have a low to mid rise and because they fit below my waist they fit fine. When you measure the rise on a pair of jeans you already have, do you measure to the top or bottom of the waist band? If anyone has a pair of the DG2 jeans in a size 10 or 12, do you know what the waist actually measures? Sure would appreciate any help, advice!
Thanks in advance,
Lzbth
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 3
bestdressed

RE: DG2 Jeans Sizing advice help

Hi Izbth: I wear a size 10T in DG jeans. But, The rise on Tall size is longer, so I do not know if this info will help. But I would a try the 10 (smaller size) first, since there is stretch n the jeans. What are your measurements?
Everyday I wake up...its a good day!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 3
angelout

What if you have about a 31 waist and a 42 hip, then what???
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Scarsmom

Hi All,
I have many DG2 jeans in petite 5'4". The waist is pretty stretchy and generous, but the fabric used to be a better heavier denim quality back in the day. That said, i am currently wearing the wide leg jean in 12, very roomy. i usually wear a 10, but it was sold out, and that's on the tighter side (my waist is about 31.5, but varies,since I am dieting, weight bet. 159-164). I buy lots of skinny jeans and the waist is ok (tight in 10, loose in 12, I have to wear a belt in 12 often, until I wash therm and they shrink a bit!)and also the leggings were too low rise in the back for me, when I sat down, and the legs kinda tight too,and I prefer pockets, so no more jeggings for me I guess. Except NYDJ.
I would really recommend NYDJ Not Your Daughter Tummy Tuck jeans, for someone with a bigger waist. I have a similar problem (2 babies, each over 10 lbs. and a C-section pooch left over). I know they are very expensive in the stores like Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom's (over $100) but I found them on e-bay used and new from like $10-$55. They are SOOOO stretchy in the fabric, yet have a panel to help hold in your stomach (and butt) and are SOOOO comfortable and flattering, you don't even know you are wearing jeans. Also, Wrangler Aura are good.
I don't know if this is helpful, but do you put your jeans in the dryer? I usually machine wash, then lay flat overnight, then dry part way in the morning, so they don't shrink much, esp if they are already tight 10s on me. But if they are 12s and I want them to shrink, I'll dry them. I dunno if thi is helpful, but I'd stay away from skinnies in 10 with a high rise waist, and get a lower rise boot cut, maybe in 12 if you don't mind a belt OR are going to dry/shrink them.
Scarsmom 8^)

PS I got the wider leg 12 cuz the 10 was sold out and the price was good and I'm glad I did, even though they are a bit long, they are comfy. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Scarsmom

Hi all, lzbth, BD, angelout,
I forgot to address angelout's question about the sizing. I would buy #140-315, wide leg jeans, since the waist to the thigh are pretty fitted, then the hip flares out. (Other choices include the palazzos if you don't mind pants that aren't jeans, no pockets and they run long and baggy in the leg. (I have 'em in leopard but solids are on clearance way cheap now.)
Scarsmom
Please use plain text.
New Friend
HarwichHelen

I love these jeans because they fit so well in the waist; I have a large waist, and these jeans sit below the natural waist and so are very comfortable.

Question: Can I shrink my jeans? The 10P is too big, but I'm afraid the 8P will be too small. Can I shrink them just a bit? Should I put them in the dryer, or wash in warm water, or both?
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
MaryWorth

Here's my opinion about DG jeans. I've washed them in warm water and put them in a hot dryer and they don't shrink much, if at all. They will stretch back out when you wear them if they do shrink a little. I would go ahead and get the 8P. DG jeans and jeggings have a lot of stretch. If the 10P is too big, you definitely need to try the 8P. And if the 8P stretch out when you wear them and become too big, try the 6P.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
deviee

:d/ love her items, i'm 68, an love these, dg2 jeans an leggings...i'm 5'2, an i can wear a size petite 10-12-or regular size 6...i turn them wrong-side out to wash,them an wash them in cold water..an hang up to dry, but i'm sure you can throw them in the dryer if you want to,but thats just me...thanks..
Please use plain text.
New Friend
JudyAA

Re: DG2 Jeans Sizing advice help

I'm a tad dumbstruck by the sizing of the super stretch skinny jeans and bootcut jeans.  In regular jeans, I usually wear a 14 and lately 16s are snug. Talls sometimes have too high of a rise, but I do like my belly covered.  I'm 5'6'.

I placed my first order for DG super stretch skinny jeans in size 14 regular - they're big.  I like them pretty tight around the waist to hold me in.  I can't imagine a 12 would work.  I really want these jeans because they are super comfy.  

Does anyone think I can just dry them in the dryer to take them in a bit?   

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
teresarobenhood

Re: DG2 Jeans Sizing advice help

Good Luck here,!  At 5'4" I got a pair of her jeans (I'll have to go back and check the order for description - they were less that $15.00) in size 10 (they are super soft, inside and out) and they fit, and look unbelievably good.  Sit on my waist, length just past my ankle.  I do not carry alot of weight around my middle, but I am 60 yrs old and have two children, so I think I'm average in that area.

Today I received a pair of DG jeans Twill, $59.00 and they look hideous, (size 10 again)

I can only deduce that this woman who claims to love her customers so much does not put the time and effort into consistent quality control.  There is no excuse for such total lack of professionalism.

I am done with her jeans.

But I wish you the best of luck, and IF you get lucky, you will be delighted!

Terri

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
11 Replies
01.17.2012 6:59 AM
2 Smiles
10 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...