ingallsra | Admirer 2 | 07.02.2011 11:49 PM
I broke down (and am now broke #-o ) and bought Carol Brodie's champagne and blue diamond "Art Deco" ring. It will be arriving this week. I had considered the champagne and white diamond version when it was available but it was out of my price range. When the current version became available and I saw the price and read the glowing reviews, the ring mysteriously ended up in my shopping cart and is now on its way... 8-[
So, to those of you who have this Deco version or any other, what are your feelings about it? I'm fascinated by the design and can't wait to see it!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
SouthernGirl2 | Admirer 2 | 07.10.2011 2:28 PM
Sometimes her pricing makes little sense. I'd really like to at least take a look at that laboradorite/tsavorite "lotus" ring, the $400+ one that has very mixed reviews. But its overpriced by at least $200, and until it gets marked waaaaaaaaaaay down I am going to leave it alone.

Agree that the Infinity ring is a bit on the pricey side, considering the materials. I think some of what you pay for is not just the materials, but the design.
ingallsra | Admirer 2 | 07.10.2011 1:49 PM
I believe both of the other versions were in gold and were twice the price. Of all of them, I like the look of this one the best. I agree, onyx is an inexpensive stone. Could the price of this piece maybe be influenced by the complexity of it? I'll probably get it though--there's always the return policy o:smileyhappy:
Libra21 | Admirer 3 | 07.10.2011 10:43 AM
I also want that Black Onyx Ring, I just don`t understand why it is soooooooo much money it is in silver not gold (last time she had it in the white onyx, it was in gold), it hardly has any diamonds (.26 pts) and black onyx is about the cheapest stone one can get......so why the excesssivly high price?????????????????
SouthernGirl2 | Admirer 2 | 07.10.2011 2:58 AM
I remember that ring; i think last time it was white agate.

I actually like the black version better. Nice ring, i say go for it.
ingallsra | Admirer 2 | 07.09.2011 4:53 PM
I think I might have to buy the onyx and diamond infinity ring that just became available. I'm not usually an onyx girl, but this design is really cool and I love the black and white look! Oh, Carol, I need a bigger bank account LOL
SouthernGirl2 | Admirer 2 | 07.09.2011 2:02 AM
I was just wondering last month why Carol hadn't done a seashell necklace.

I want her to do a beautiful little diamond CAT so much! An Art Deco diamond cat would be even better.

I have this cheap little mystery-metal rhinestone cat necklace I wear to work, and everyone is gaga over that thing.... I need the real deal. Something classier and more permanent.

Would also like to see a little fish, maybe like a goldfish with a veil tail in diamonds, or something.

Lisa, I have a lot of hair too, and it is past my shoulders; this is why I almost never buy expensive earrings, because no one would see them! O slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...

Lordy, Carol is getting some pretty new stuff in! I love that new Star of David bracelet, and I'm not even Jewish! I have half a mind to buy one just to show my support of this courageous and intelligent people . Really like that bracelet! I like just about all this new stuff. I'm doomed, lol.
ingallsra | Admirer 2 | 07.08.2011 10:45 PM
I was a little annoyed by no gallery, when I realized that this is kind of a "see-through" ring and a gallery might be visible topside. I do agree that a little more heft in the shank would have been nice.

But I got it for the sale price, so I'm not complaining. =8>

I won't be wearing it every day, so I dont think long-term durability is that much of an issue for me.

Currently waiting on Brodie's "butterfly" necklace - the filigree white-diamond one, not the blue or pink sapphire one - have been wanting that for a while, picked it up this past weekend with the $25 discount. waiting with interest....

Let us know how you like the butterfly necklace!
I thought about the undergallery issue too (because I personally love an undergallery on a ring). I think that perhaps in her vision of this being a tattoo ring, she opted out of an undergallery (which may have interfered with the light play in the diamonds) and a thicker shank so that the ring would feel as tattoo-like as possible. Just my thoughts. The thing that has taken some getting used to is the lightness of the piece for the simple fact that I usually wear more substantial rings. That being said, I am really starting to fall in love with this ring. I've been receiving compliments and it is truly unique.
Lisa2000 | Admirer 3 | 07.08.2011 8:10 PM
I love hearing about the pieces that you girls have of Carol Brodie's.

I am happily surprised that my favorite stones of her's are the prasiolite big solid pieces and the pink amethyst, rose de france. I just adore the paleness of these colors. They may not be the most expensive in that pale color, but it really suits me.
I would love a solid 10K pink amethyst pendant. I also think that color looks really good with the crown spring pieces. There were two pieces that I would have loved, but I discovered Carol Brodie too late.

I have been picking up pieces here and there that go with single pieces that I already own and I like when I have multiples of her gemstones, not necessarily the same exact design either. Really comes together.

The art deco pieces are some of my favorites, but I have the zebra cigar band and I am just not crazy for the blue diamonds. I just really prefer white or champaign.

I ordered the champaign star and hamsa earrings and I'm not sure about them.
They do sparkle better than any other of her champaign diamond pieces that I have.
The vermeil worries me. Do any of you have experience with vermeil pieces, if so, have they worn well for you?
They also get lost in my ton of long hair. I wear it pulled back a lot, but I think the vermeil is making me leary. Had they been in 10K and even $200 more, I would keep them. I did get them at the sale price and with 15% off that, but I still need them to not turn a funny color. I recall reading that the pink quartz pieces that were wrapped in gold vermeil turned greenish.

I wore her Wood Druzy necklaces yesterday and was asked about them several times.

I am currently waiting for the prasiolite "gumdrop" pendant in sterling. I have been waiting for a large plain prasiolite necklace to match my 10K Prasiolite necklace with green diamonds around it.
I missed the "gumdrop" collection, because I was still chasing after the crown spring turquoise pieces that I had missed the previous year! I didn't care for the blue topaz or the amethyst, but I would have liked a chance at those big rock of prasiolite earrings to match.

I was just wondering last month why Carol hadn't done a seashell necklace. The magazines are full of them again this year.
I was hoping that she would do one with a diamond chip. But, loving the big 3 1/4" one she is offering now. Hope I can wait for the presentation before ordering.
Wish I could win a coupon in this game!!!

Does anyone know if she usually does 5 flex pays on her visits or is that random?
SouthernGirl2 | Admirer 2 | 07.08.2011 12:52 PM
I was a little annoyed by no gallery, when I realized that this is kind of a "see-through" ring and a gallery might be visible topside. I do agree that a little more heft in the shank would have been nice.

I won't be wearing it every day, so I dont think long-term durability is that much of an issue for me.

Currently waiting on Brodie's "butterfly" necklace - the filigree white-diamond one, not the blue or pink sapphire one - have been wanting that for a while, picked it up this past weekend with the $25 discount. waiting with interest....

HITSVILLE | Inspirer 2 | 07.08.2011 5:57 AM
I have had the champagne one for quite a while and wear it a lot, and not one loose stone or anything. and yes, you DO forget you have it on. I remove my rings and everything when I shower, washup, etc and it's easy to miss it... until you look and it looks like you have diamonds just sitting on your skin.
ingallsra | Admirer 2 | 07.07.2011 11:36 PM
I received my ring yesterday! Well, I can't say I was blown away, BUT it is a wonderfully unique design and I don't have anything remotely close to it. It's my first melee set ring, and that effect is really neat--almost a shimmery satin look on my finger. The ring is comfortable and lightweight, which is wonderful in our hot, muggy weather.
The art deco design is really growing on me. I do have some concerns about the long-term durability and the fact that the shank is only 1/16" instead of 1/8", but I realize this is meant to be a "tattoo" ring, so it shouldn't feel like you're wearing one at all.
I am hopeful though that this ring can meet the challenge. Today I didn't realize I was still wearing it until AFTER I'd started using a power drill to scr*w up new walls in the tack room of my horse's barn 8-[ I continued to wear it and it held up perfectly...lol. (Really, HSN? You censor the word scr*w?? Good grief.)
So, I'm gonna wear it for a while longer to decide if I truly love it. At this point, I think I'd have a hard time letting it go and sending it back. One of the things I love about Rarities is that, whether you love a piece or are sitting on the fence, it's never boring o:smileyhappy:
ingallsra | Admirer 2 | 07.06.2011 9:10 AM
Are you on Facebook? Find Carol, Rarities has a page, I think her personal page has maxxed out. But she loves to know what you think and what you have. I don't know her personally, but feel like I do. And Graziella is on there too. They both love to talk jewelry and Carol will get right back to you, she IS social networking, LOL. I know she reads these boards and reviews too, but FB is the best way to go! :smileyhappy:

Yup, I'm on Facebook. I'm "friends" with Carol and also joined the Rarities page. You're right, she is very good about responding. Graziela and I have messaged back and forth--she's such an amazing designer and genuinely nice person.
I think Carol is right on the money with using social networking to market her brand. I'm always impressed by people who are willing to adapt in order to stay current with how people communicate and what customers want.
HITSVILLE | Inspirer 2 | 07.06.2011 7:15 AM
Are you on Facebook? Find Carol, Rarities has a page, I think her personal page has maxxed out. But she loves to know what you think and what you have. I don't know her personally, but feel like I do. And Graziella is on there too. They both love to talk jewelry and Carol will get right back to you, she IS social networking, LOL. I know she reads these boards and reviews too, but FB is the best way to go! :smileyhappy:
HITSVILLE | Inspirer 2 | 07.06.2011 2:23 AM
I had to buy a big jewelry box just for Rarities! I have the deco ring in champagne and had to sit on my hands not to order the one with blue. I am sure you'll LOVE it!
ingallsra | Admirer 2 | 07.04.2011 9:27 PM
You're going to f r e a k i n g FAINT when you actually lay eyes on it.

I think if you went to the lowest point of Mammoth Caves in KY at midnight, and then had the employees turn off every light in the place, THAT RING WOULD STILL BE SPARKLING.

I am developing a serious Carol Brodie habit, and this is not good news. =8>

After reading your post, now I REALLY can't wait to get it. It'll be here on Wednesday! I was just looking at the reviews, and 35 out of 37 are five-star ratings...that's pretty darn good, so this ring must really be something special. I'm glad I waited for this version and didn't buy a different one. I also lucked out and ordered it just under the wire--I see the price has gone back up by $100.
Yes, I've also been bitten by the Rarities bug. My checking account has definitely taken a hit because of it. The line may get mixed reviews, but when Carol Brodie gets it right, she really nails it. I bought two of the Graziela pieces when she offered them through Rarities, and they're phenomenal.
SouthernGirl2 | Admirer 2 | 07.04.2011 2:25 PM

I think if you went to the lowest point of Mammoth Caves in KY at midnight, and then had the employees turn off every light in the place, THAT RING WOULD STILL BE SPARKLING.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
ingallsra

Carol Brodie "Art Deco" Ring

I broke down (and am now broke #-o ) and bought Carol Brodie's champagne and blue diamond "Art Deco" ring. It will be arriving this week. I had considered the champagne and white diamond version when it was available but it was out of my price range. When the current version became available and I saw the price and read the glowing reviews, the ring mysteriously ended up in my shopping cart and is now on its way... 8-[
So, to those of you who have this Deco version or any other, what are your feelings about it? I'm fascinated by the design and can't wait to see it!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
SouthernGirl2

RE: Carol Brodie "Art Deco" Ring

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ingallsra

After reading your post, now I REALLY can't wait to get it. It'll be here on Wednesday! I was just looking at the reviews, and 35 out of 37 are five-star ratings...that's pretty darn good, so this ring must really be something special. I'm glad I waited for this version and didn't buy a different one. I also lucked out and ordered it just under the wire--I see the price has gone back up by $100.
Yes, I've also been bitten by the Rarities bug. My checking account has definitely taken a hit because of it. The line may get mixed reviews, but when Carol Brodie gets it right, she really nails it. I bought two of the Graziela pieces when she offered them through Rarities, and they're phenomenal.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
HITSVILLE

I had to buy a big jewelry box just for Rarities! I have the deco ring in champagne and had to sit on my hands not to order the one with blue. I am sure you'll LOVE it!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
HITSVILLE

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ingallsra

Yup, I'm on Facebook. I'm "friends" with Carol and also joined the Rarities page. You're right, she is very good about responding. Graziela and I have messaged back and forth--she's such an amazing designer and genuinely nice person.
I think Carol is right on the money with using social networking to market her brand. I'm always impressed by people who are willing to adapt in order to stay current with how people communicate and what customers want.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ingallsra

I received my ring yesterday! Well, I can't say I was blown away, BUT it is a wonderfully unique design and I don't have anything remotely close to it. It's my first melee set ring, and that effect is really neat--almost a shimmery satin look on my finger. The ring is comfortable and lightweight, which is wonderful in our hot, muggy weather.
The art deco design is really growing on me. I do have some concerns about the long-term durability and the fact that the shank is only 1/16" instead of 1/8", but I realize this is meant to be a "tattoo" ring, so it shouldn't feel like you're wearing one at all.
I am hopeful though that this ring can meet the challenge. Today I didn't realize I was still wearing it until AFTER I'd started using a power drill to scr*w up new walls in the tack room of my horse's barn 8-[ I continued to wear it and it held up perfectly...lol. (Really, HSN? You censor the word scr*w?? Good grief.)
So, I'm gonna wear it for a while longer to decide if I truly love it. At this point, I think I'd have a hard time letting it go and sending it back. One of the things I love about Rarities is that, whether you love a piece or are sitting on the fence, it's never boring o:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
HITSVILLE

I have had the champagne one for quite a while and wear it a lot, and not one loose stone or anything. and yes, you DO forget you have it on. I remove my rings and everything when I shower, washup, etc and it's easy to miss it... until you look and it looks like you have diamonds just sitting on your skin.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
SouthernGirl2

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Lisa2000

I love hearing about the pieces that you girls have of Carol Brodie's.

I am happily surprised that my favorite stones of her's are the prasiolite big solid pieces and the pink amethyst, rose de france. I just adore the paleness of these colors. They may not be the most expensive in that pale color, but it really suits me.
I would love a solid 10K pink amethyst pendant. I also think that color looks really good with the crown spring pieces. There were two pieces that I would have loved, but I discovered Carol Brodie too late.

I have been picking up pieces here and there that go with single pieces that I already own and I like when I have multiples of her gemstones, not necessarily the same exact design either. Really comes together.

The art deco pieces are some of my favorites, but I have the zebra cigar band and I am just not crazy for the blue diamonds. I just really prefer white or champaign.

I ordered the champaign star and hamsa earrings and I'm not sure about them.
They do sparkle better than any other of her champaign diamond pieces that I have.
The vermeil worries me. Do any of you have experience with vermeil pieces, if so, have they worn well for you?
They also get lost in my ton of long hair. I wear it pulled back a lot, but I think the vermeil is making me leary. Had they been in 10K and even $200 more, I would keep them. I did get them at the sale price and with 15% off that, but I still need them to not turn a funny color. I recall reading that the pink quartz pieces that were wrapped in gold vermeil turned greenish.

I wore her Wood Druzy necklaces yesterday and was asked about them several times.

I am currently waiting for the prasiolite "gumdrop" pendant in sterling. I have been waiting for a large plain prasiolite necklace to match my 10K Prasiolite necklace with green diamonds around it.
I missed the "gumdrop" collection, because I was still chasing after the crown spring turquoise pieces that I had missed the previous year! I didn't care for the blue topaz or the amethyst, but I would have liked a chance at those big rock of prasiolite earrings to match.

I was just wondering last month why Carol hadn't done a seashell necklace. The magazines are full of them again this year.
I was hoping that she would do one with a diamond chip. But, loving the big 3 1/4" one she is offering now. Hope I can wait for the presentation before ordering.
Wish I could win a coupon in this game!!!

Does anyone know if she usually does 5 flex pays on her visits or is that random?
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
40 Replies
07.02.2011 11:49 PM
0 Smiles
6 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...