Tuscany13 | Admirer 1 | 06.21.2012 11:53 AM 1 Person Smiled
Good grief - I can't believe the big gaudy jewelry (fake and real) that HSN has been showing for the past year or two. I won't buy any of it. Colleen Lopez is one of the biggest offenders with her line of jewelry. Ugh. I don't see anyone on the street wearing this big ugly stuff, but they must be buying it since HSN keeps showing it. Even Victoria Wieck's jewelry has been over the top lately. I haven't bought many of her pieces for the past few years either. And Heidi Daus? I won't even turn the show on. Where on earth would you wear her jewelry? And if I hear one more show host saying "you can dress it up or down." "You can wear it with jeans or a cocktail dress." Please - get real...
HSN -- re-evaluate your jewelry line and get in touch with real people.....
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 1
Tuscany13

Big, Gaudy Jewelry

Good grief - I can't believe the big gaudy jewelry (fake and real) that HSN has been showing for the past year or two. I won't buy any of it. Colleen Lopez is one of the biggest offenders with her line of jewelry. Ugh. I don't see anyone on the street wearing this big ugly stuff, but they must be buying it since HSN keeps showing it. Even Victoria Wieck's jewelry has been over the top lately. I haven't bought many of her pieces for the past few years either. And Heidi Daus? I won't even turn the show on. Where on earth would you wear her jewelry? And if I hear one more show host saying "you can dress it up or down." "You can wear it with jeans or a cocktail dress." Please - get real...
HSN -- re-evaluate your jewelry line and get in touch with real people.....
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
Elfie2011

RE: Big, Gaudy Jewelry

Good thing your tv has a lot of differetn channels then. I don't think Victoria Wieck has one single piece near the word "gaudy" but whatever. To each her own.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
MaryWorth

Isn't it interesting how people's tastes are different. I'm a "real person," and I like Colleen's jewelry as well as Heidi Daus's (the pieces that I can afford!). I think HSN tries to offer what people like (what sells). But luckily for consumers, we shoppers have a lot of choices as far as stores and styles.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Tuscany13

Elfie -- What about yesterday's Victoria's show - item #148-845 - a buckle watch cuff. That is certainly gaudy to me -- but as you say, to each his own.
And MaryWorth -- may I ask you where do you wear Heidi Daus jewelry? Just curious....
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
MaryWorth

Hello Tuscany, I try not to over accessorize, but think that pretty jewelry adds a finishing touch to what I'm wearing. I have the "May I count the ways" necklace set in jet black, and I wear it in different combinations a lot, sometimes wrapping the shorter piece around my wrist as a bracelet, and then the longer piece as a necklace. I wear it pretty much everywhere, like grocery shopping or doctor appointments or running errands, such as when I'm wearing jeans or jeggings and a nice top. For dressier places such as work, I sometimes put both pieces on as necklaces with the toggles hanging down. I have a similar Heidi Daus necklace and matching bracelet in the clear blue, I think it's called classic toggle, and I wear that with any of my clothes that go with the blue. People compliment me on the jewelry. Some ask if it is heirloom. I am attracted to her simpler pieces which are usually less expensive too. Some of her more elaborate bracelets and earrings really perk up a pair of jeans and a top. I watch for her Today's Specials when the price is really good. I can't think of a place where I wouldn't wear this jewelry, except I don't wear it at home while I am house cleaning and doing laundry, etc. And I don't wear it when I'm traveling by plane because I don't want to have to take it off and get it dirty going through security.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
angelout

Yes, it's hilarious when they shove that over sized junk at you telling you to wear it to the grocery store in a white tee. Like, why would I want to do that? I am very picky about my jewelry, I like all different styles, but they must be tasteful. I can find a few pieces in almost every line but I have to watch, wait, and look. It works out well for me. I am so glad I cant find anything, otherwise I would be broke. Its a feeling to wear jewelry, you dont want junk wearing YOU.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
FritzieBlue

Each to his (or her) own, I guess. For me "gaudy" is in the eye of the beholder. I love large, glittery pieces and wear them everywhere: work, shopping, restaurants, walking the dog, and yes, even the grocery store. Costume jewelry is eye-catching and fun, and really makes an outfit. I've had so many people--including men!--stop to compliment me on a necklace or brooch or ring. I'm thrilled that HSN offers such an array of lines of costume jewelry. Not all of it is well made, alas, since almost all manufacturing moved offshore. Anyone know if any lines are still made in America?

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
Elfie2011

Each to his (or her) own, I guess. For me "gaudy" is in the eye of the beholder. I love large, glittery pieces and wear them everywhere: work, shopping, restaurants, walking the dog, and yes, even the grocery store. Costume jewelry is eye-catching and fun, and really makes an outfit. I've had so many people--including men!--stop to compliment me on a necklace or brooch or ring. I'm thrilled that HSN offers such an array of lines of costume jewelry. Not all of it is well made, alas, since almost all manufacturing moved offshore. Anyone know if any lines are still made in America?

Fritzie - I agree with you 100%. I love wearing big statement pieces, they are a lot of fun and make me happy. My motto is: Life is short, wear your jewelry! Heh.

As to your 2nd question - I believe the Chaco Canyon line is made here by Native Americans. Some, but only a few, pieces of Jay King's line is made here. Most other lines are made overseas I think.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Rowana

I wear statement necklaces to work every day (I work in higher education public relations), including lots of Heidi Daus, Victoria Weick, my main man Jay King, Studio Barse and many others. HSN has really upped my game in fashion jewelry, and it has become my signature look to wear these pieces with a simple shell and a suit and high heels. People give me compliments on my jewelry all the time (I just wore a green Heidi Daus piece today -- one of the first I ever bought from HSN, about five years ago -- and had people come up to me all day to look at and admire it!). To me these pieces are an extension of myself -- I am in front of the public all day, have to be ready to go on TV at a moment's notice if we have news, and speak in front of varied audiences. Big, beautiful, eye-catching jewelry helps me to feel bold and confident, and I love the feeling! I'm in my mid-30s and totally wear the very same pieces on weekends with a T-shirt and jeans to the grocery store and the coffee shop -- the baristas say they look forward every Saturday to see what pieces I'm wearing. And once an older lady came up to me at the cafe and said she thought it was wonderful when people wore beautiful jewelry to go out and drink coffee, and thanked me for brightening up her day. I thanked her for brightening mine!
Please use plain text.
Advisor 3
Lindascoffee

I agree with Tuscany. Years ago with HSN, jewelry was classic, subtle but stylish, none of the garish big-bold-in-your-face-whether-you-like-it-or-not jewelry. Clunky, junky jewelry is a bit much and many women over use this jewelry as if they had not planned out what is appropriate and what is not. I have seen through the years, the downward spiral of good quality jewelry to this type of jewelry. Colleen Lopez is one the ones that brought in this junk clunk stuff and of course, each clunk junk piece she sells is the best but ends up on special or discounted out. Not every woman wants to dress as Colleen, thank goodness. The style today is the junk clunk without any regard of design, style or class. Heidi Daus's jewelry reminds me of the doomsday Tim Burton movies with dead people walking around in dark clothing. Dark, Dark Dark. Victoria wieke items look cheap, thin metal, and washed out gem colors for an outrageous price. I too, have had problems finding simple, elegant, good quality of design and materials in HSN's jewelry these days. I can only say, to each his own,and thank goodness I bought good HSN jewelry back in the 1980's and 1990's when jewelry was fashionable but not overbearing. Raised in the times of Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn and Edith Head, the designer, jewelry was simple, understated but a few small touches of jewelry to accent the clothing, nothing as it is now. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't want to wear jewelry as if I am the walking jewelry carnival coming into town....my opinion of course. Thanks Tuscany for proving I am not the only one that has noticed this display of junk, clunk jewelry fad.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
25 Replies
06.21.2012 11:53 AM
1 Smiles
19 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...