flowermom | Admirer 3 | 04.06.2010 4:47 PM
I love Birkenstocks and have worn them for yrs. Worn Betulas for quite some time.
Anyone know if they are still made in China or Germany? Where was Stefan, any mention of him? I'm missing the 2 strap and 3 straps. I heard them say they are re-launching and they haven't been back in a year, but wonder why they are doing all slides with rhinestones, cutouts, etc. bejeweled stuff. I like plain basic shoes, nothing that draws attention to my feet....like their original but with a few splashes of color. Just had to ask what do you think of Betula? Thanks for your time.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
AMAZE | Admirer 2 | 07.18.2010 8:22 PM
I think the sizing can be inconsistent even within the same style mostly concerning width. When I like a style I'll order two but different colors. I stay away from styles that do not have buckles because the slip on styles with just elastics are more likely to differentiate in width. I do think Betula runs a bit wider than the German manufactured Birkenstock.
fansi123 | New Friend | 07.14.2010 6:13 AM
I am thrilled to see Betula back! so do i.
air jordan shoes
but maybe you can choose another sport shoes.
for example,Nike shoes.
nike TARGET='_blank'>
[url=http://www.inikeairmax.com">air max 95

so on,if u like outdoor sports,maybe u can choose soccer TARGET='_blank'>
[url=http://www.soccerjerseyculture.com">soccer jersey wholesale

Just my suggestion,have a nice day!!!
smsmsm | Admirer 2 | 07.13.2010 2:45 PM
I also would like to see size 5. During a presentation of the TS a caller asked about size 5 and it was disheartening to hear the Betula rep say "it is of course not one of the more popular sizes..." which confirms what we already know is that HSN is able to offer lower prices because they sell such volumes; however as a size 5 myself, I would've probably bought one of each color in the TS if size 5 were available, I'm sure other viewers would have done the same. It is not our "fault" we take a smaller size but we are almost "punished" for it. As for Eurowellness, to me they are totally different from Betulas. I bought a 3 band sandal about 3 yrs ago and the main feature is their great arch support, as well as more rounded toe. Also feel the footbed, although described similar to Betulas/Birkenstock, seem a bit softer as you walk.
toriat | Admirer 3 | 07.10.2010 5:23 PM
Betulas are indeed made in China. There are many other websites you can buy the original Birkenstock from that are not made in China. The Betulas though are more blingy and unusual so that is why I buy some of them from HSN. You don't find that many with bling, beads, studs and crystals at the other places. I believe the HSN ones are not as comfortable as the original brand that is not made in China. The other shopping channel sells Birkenstock. I love the soft footbeds.
WAWAMOM | Admirer 2 | 06.10.2010 12:37 AM
i also noticed that size 12s were not available...nor were wide widths...oh well, i saved a lot of money by not being able to buy anything![-x
IbbyB | Inspirer 2 | 06.09.2010 2:47 PM
For the longest time only the upper was made in China- and the footbed in germany. Now the footbed is made in China too? On line it just says 'imported'. I've noticed a difference in the thickness of the cork, maybe that's why.
lovethe80s | Admirer 2 | 05.09.2010 9:37 PM
Betula's were on again today and still no size 5. HSN, please bring these back in size 5. I would love to order, but I can't wear the 6. I don't understand why you stopped offering the popular size 5. I hope you will reconsider in the future.
sallyelizabeth | New Friend | 04.30.2010 5:53 AM
I am so disappointed that the Betula sandals do not come in size 5. What happened? I purchased two pair of size 5 in the past and would like another pair for this spring in black. Who can help with this problem?
luvpurses | Admirer 2 | 04.18.2010 5:13 PM
I like these and they are comfortable to wear.
flowermom | Admirer 3 | 04.15.2010 9:29 PM
Glad to know that the sizing hasn't changed for betulas. i haven't ordered, but i'm hoping they are here to stay at hsn. thank you to everyone who was so kind to post their thoughts and helpful information. i appreciate it. let's hope they bring in more variety of sizes so everyone can enjoy these wonderful shoes.
mommom50 | Admirer 2 | 04.10.2010 4:31 PM
I have posted under Betula Sizing so you might want to read that. Yep, box does say "made in China" as did tag on Roman sandals. Box also has info. about Germany. I appreciate the "bling" factor to go with DG2, etc. clothes. I hope they will address the sizing problems and also offer styles some of you like that don't have so much "bling." Overall, I am thrilled to see Betula back!
lovethe80s | Admirer 2 | 04.09.2010 6:45 PM
I have worn Betula's for many years, but when they returned with the Today's Special and ALL the other styles, there was something missing....MY SIZE! Betula has always come in sizes 5-12, but this time they did not bring size 5 or 12. I need the 5 because the 6 is too big. I was very disappointed that I could not order any of them. Who thought it was a good idea to eliminate 2 whole size groups?? Oh, and Betula are made in China now. It's still the German designed footbed, but like everything else, they are being made in China.
I would also like to see some of the original designs as well, like the suede clogs and 2 strap designs.
NewPoster | Admirer 2 | 04.08.2010 9:28 PM
I got 2 pair of the Betulas this time around (not the TS). They both show made in China.

They show "Betula Licensed by Birkenstock" on the box.

I was worried about fit but I did okay with the same size as my old Betulas (from about 15 years ago that I still have around).

They are more flashy than their old designs, but I think they were wanting something more "fashion" than regular Birkenstocks can be.

I got some with rhinestones (which I would really never usually do). Even my husband thought they were cute and not too flashy.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 3
flowermom

Betulas Sandals question

I love Birkenstocks and have worn them for yrs. Worn Betulas for quite some time.
Anyone know if they are still made in China or Germany? Where was Stefan, any mention of him? I'm missing the 2 strap and 3 straps. I heard them say they are re-launching and they haven't been back in a year, but wonder why they are doing all slides with rhinestones, cutouts, etc. bejeweled stuff. I like plain basic shoes, nothing that draws attention to my feet....like their original but with a few splashes of color. Just had to ask what do you think of Betula? Thanks for your time.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
NewPoster

RE: Betulas Sandals question

I got 2 pair of the Betulas this time around (not the TS). They both show made in China.

They show "Betula Licensed by Birkenstock" on the box.

I was worried about fit but I did okay with the same size as my old Betulas (from about 15 years ago that I still have around).

They are more flashy than their old designs, but I think they were wanting something more "fashion" than regular Birkenstocks can be.

I got some with rhinestones (which I would really never usually do). Even my husband thought they were cute and not too flashy.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
lovethe80s

I have worn Betula's for many years, but when they returned with the Today's Special and ALL the other styles, there was something missing....MY SIZE! Betula has always come in sizes 5-12, but this time they did not bring size 5 or 12. I need the 5 because the 6 is too big. I was very disappointed that I could not order any of them. Who thought it was a good idea to eliminate 2 whole size groups?? Oh, and Betula are made in China now. It's still the German designed footbed, but like everything else, they are being made in China.
I would also like to see some of the original designs as well, like the suede clogs and 2 strap designs.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mommom50

I have posted under Betula Sizing so you might want to read that. Yep, box does say "made in China" as did tag on Roman sandals. Box also has info. about Germany. I appreciate the "bling" factor to go with DG2, etc. clothes. I hope they will address the sizing problems and also offer styles some of you like that don't have so much "bling." Overall, I am thrilled to see Betula back!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
flowermom

Glad to know that the sizing hasn't changed for betulas. i haven't ordered, but i'm hoping they are here to stay at hsn. thank you to everyone who was so kind to post their thoughts and helpful information. i appreciate it. let's hope they bring in more variety of sizes so everyone can enjoy these wonderful shoes.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
luvpurses

I like these and they are comfortable to wear.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
sallyelizabeth

I am so disappointed that the Betula sandals do not come in size 5. What happened? I purchased two pair of size 5 in the past and would like another pair for this spring in black. Who can help with this problem?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
lovethe80s

Betula's were on again today and still no size 5. HSN, please bring these back in size 5. I would love to order, but I can't wear the 6. I don't understand why you stopped offering the popular size 5. I hope you will reconsider in the future.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
IbbyB

For the longest time only the upper was made in China- and the footbed in germany. Now the footbed is made in China too? On line it just says 'imported'. I've noticed a difference in the thickness of the cork, maybe that's why.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WAWAMOM

i also noticed that size 12s were not available...nor were wide widths...oh well, i saved a lot of money by not being able to buy anything![-x
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
13 Replies
04.06.2010 4:47 PM
0 Smiles
12 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...