Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 08.25.2013 2:10 PM
Anyone own any of Iman's clothing ?

Wondering -

Is her clothing true to size?
What about the quality/workmanship of her fashions?

The price of the TSV 258-993 seems to be outstanding.

I've never had a leather trench coat - wish it had a liner for going into the colder months...

Another positive I would like to say about Iman is that she seems to reflect class, poise with how she carries herself, how she speaks. Refreshing to see this rather than coarse actions and language. Manners never go out of style.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
massha | Maven 2 | 09.10.2013 10:39 AM
Generally about Iman - some of her clothes, most notably, the ponte knit stretchy things, are done by a very quality manufacturer, and are quite good. I am happy with every blazer I got. These things work amazingly well on my fat apple shaped body, so I imagine they might not if you are super skinny.
FenderGirl | New Friend | 09.09.2013 7:21 PM
Guess what ladies? My review about this Iman jacket was DELETED!! WTH?
massha | Maven 2 | 08.30.2013 11:33 PM
a MOLDY jacket?! Yikes!!!!
FenderGirl | New Friend | 08.30.2013 8:13 PM
Well, you guys, I purchased three of the Platinum Rock the Runway Leather jackets and they were delivered today. I must say that they are not at all the quality i expected. Each of them had something wrong. I ordered them all in the same size and two of the three had differing fits. The first in cognac, smelled of a strong chemical (I later saw that there is a fine print warning on the tag that states the chemicals used are KNOWN to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive problems!! REALLY?!) , the second in rich red fit a whole size too small and the lining in the sleeves was an inch or two longer than the sleeve so it would poke out. I did not have a chance to try on the third jacket, the emerald green one, because it was covered in MOLD!! Yes, covered in mold. I am disgusted and totally shocked at what I received. For a total price of almost 200 dollars after taxes and shipping, this is not the quality that I expected at all. I think I would rather spend a few more dollars and go to Macys or Dillards and purchase a "real" leather jacket instead of wasting my time and risking my health on these items. I hope that this is not the case for others that have ordered but I'm sure I cannot be the only one that received a moldy jacket. As of today, reviews are not yet allowed to be submitted on the jacket. I have contacted HSN and am waiting on a response.
MaryWorth | Inspirer 1 | 08.30.2013 2:16 PM
Toriat, you gave some great feedback about the TS coat. I hope Joy/Iman take note and make improvements. I didn't order the TS because I've been burned one too many times by Iman's clothes. I did get a nice faux leather rolling duffle and matching tote bag years ago. That was my one good experience. The clothes and shoes and handbags, uh, no. I had to pay for too many $$ returns. She's managed at HSN by Joy Mangano, which I think says a lot ("cheap"). It's very disappointing because Iman is so gorgeous and poised and classy. She looks good in everything, which can be misleading when purchased by ordinary mortals like me, with ordinary height and weight (no super model here).
toriat | Admirer 3 | 08.30.2013 10:34 AM
I have not purchased before but received the leather trenchcoat yesterday. The quality of the leather was just about what I expected for the price. It was acceptable. It was of course not like lamb leather but I would have kept it based on leather quality. I was not a big fan of the gold metal buttons. They are really noticeable and they just made the coat look cheap. They were the most basic of buttons and usually a leather coat will have something a bit nicer if the buttons are metal. The thing that really killed it for me is the collar won't stay put. I see it was sewn to be like a shirt collar and the lapels are flippy and won't stay down properly. Instead of a lapel that has a roll over, there is a seam there and that causes the collar not to stay flat on your chest. It was okay in the button up position but who wants to wear it like that. The sizing was fine and the coat was flattering for what it was as I am a plus size. Other than the above points it seemed to be made well.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

Anyone order Iman's clothing? Her TSV 258-993 looks sooo nice!

Anyone own any of Iman's clothing ?

Wondering -

Is her clothing true to size?
What about the quality/workmanship of her fashions?

The price of the TSV 258-993 seems to be outstanding.

I've never had a leather trench coat - wish it had a liner for going into the colder months...

Another positive I would like to say about Iman is that she seems to reflect class, poise with how she carries herself, how she speaks. Refreshing to see this rather than coarse actions and language. Manners never go out of style.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
toriat

RE: Anyone order Iman's clothing? Her TSV 258-993 looks sooo nice!

I have not purchased before but received the leather trenchcoat yesterday. The quality of the leather was just about what I expected for the price. It was acceptable. It was of course not like lamb leather but I would have kept it based on leather quality. I was not a big fan of the gold metal buttons. They are really noticeable and they just made the coat look cheap. They were the most basic of buttons and usually a leather coat will have something a bit nicer if the buttons are metal. The thing that really killed it for me is the collar won't stay put. I see it was sewn to be like a shirt collar and the lapels are flippy and won't stay down properly. Instead of a lapel that has a roll over, there is a seam there and that causes the collar not to stay flat on your chest. It was okay in the button up position but who wants to wear it like that. The sizing was fine and the coat was flattering for what it was as I am a plus size. Other than the above points it seemed to be made well.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
MaryWorth

Toriat, you gave some great feedback about the TS coat. I hope Joy/Iman take note and make improvements. I didn't order the TS because I've been burned one too many times by Iman's clothes. I did get a nice faux leather rolling duffle and matching tote bag years ago. That was my one good experience. The clothes and shoes and handbags, uh, no. I had to pay for too many $$ returns. She's managed at HSN by Joy Mangano, which I think says a lot ("cheap"). It's very disappointing because Iman is so gorgeous and poised and classy. She looks good in everything, which can be misleading when purchased by ordinary mortals like me, with ordinary height and weight (no super model here).
Please use plain text.
New Friend
FenderGirl

Well, you guys, I purchased three of the Platinum Rock the Runway Leather jackets and they were delivered today. I must say that they are not at all the quality i expected. Each of them had something wrong. I ordered them all in the same size and two of the three had differing fits. The first in cognac, smelled of a strong chemical (I later saw that there is a fine print warning on the tag that states the chemicals used are KNOWN to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive problems!! REALLY?!) , the second in rich red fit a whole size too small and the lining in the sleeves was an inch or two longer than the sleeve so it would poke out. I did not have a chance to try on the third jacket, the emerald green one, because it was covered in MOLD!! Yes, covered in mold. I am disgusted and totally shocked at what I received. For a total price of almost 200 dollars after taxes and shipping, this is not the quality that I expected at all. I think I would rather spend a few more dollars and go to Macys or Dillards and purchase a "real" leather jacket instead of wasting my time and risking my health on these items. I hope that this is not the case for others that have ordered but I'm sure I cannot be the only one that received a moldy jacket. As of today, reviews are not yet allowed to be submitted on the jacket. I have contacted HSN and am waiting on a response.
Please use plain text.
Maven 2
massha

a MOLDY jacket?! Yikes!!!!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
FenderGirl

Guess what ladies? My review about this Iman jacket was DELETED!! WTH?
Please use plain text.
Maven 2
massha

Generally about Iman - some of her clothes, most notably, the ponte knit stretchy things, are done by a very quality manufacturer, and are quite good. I am happy with every blazer I got. These things work amazingly well on my fat apple shaped body, so I imagine they might not if you are super skinny.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
6 Replies
08.25.2013 2:10 PM
0 Smiles
5 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...