Admirer
Toni1119

tracfone

Can someone tell me what the email app is for on the latest tracfone with free wifi and how to use it PLEASE?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

RE: tracfone

Do you have an e-mail account? If so, the e-mail app is so that you can easily connect to your e-mail account without having to enter the url and sign in every time you want to check your e-mail. I'm assuming you have an e-mail account and know how to get there (e.g. your e-mail address). To use the e-mail app, see below.

Go to the Tracfone web site (T r a c f o n e.c o m only without the spaces).
Under "Support" select "Technical Support".
Select "Phone Tutorial".
Select "Samsung S390G."
Select "E-mail".
Follow the easy step-by-step tutorial.

Or go here:

h t t p://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/tutorial.seam;jsessionid=91406274BEA8B31404383C7EC97C9EBF?tutorialId=15985&locale=en_US&deviceId=854&cid=2361430&conversationPropagation=end

only don't put the spaces in "h t t p".

Select "E-mail".
Follow the easy step-by-step tutorial.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Toni1119

Thank you! Yes I did this but can you get and receive e-mails from there? Been on phone with customer service for an hour they had me reset phone and told me to retry in an hour
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

Yes you can get e-mails from there. Once you have entered your e-mail address and password, you need to look under options. Under "options" select "download" so that your e-mails will get "pushed" to your phone. Then you go back out and hit the e-mail app button and after a couple of seconds your first e-mail will be there. After that, I think the "push" is automatic.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Toni1119

Thank you again it's still not working. I don't see the download option -- OK I found download but it sat login failed!!! :-0
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

You might try deleting the e-mail account and re entering it again. Also, go into "settings" and make sure that everything looks OK--i.e., that everything appears to be entered correctly. It's a little difficult for me to tell you what to do because I didn't have any problems setting mine up. I can only guess whether the problem is your connection, or your password, or your settings, etc. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Toni1119

I have to thank you again for all your help! The download went through this morning! The customer service reps at Tracfone did not tell me this--they were clueless! I heard my phone beep this morning and there were all my e-mails! Thank you! I love this phone. =d>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

I'm very happy to help. I wish I could help all the people who don't know how to get the phone to work. They're giving up and missing out on a great little phone.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Toni1119

Oh Geez now I can't figure out how to get it to stop notifying me of every new e-mail! Anyone else know how?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

Go to:

Email
Settings
Receiving options
Sync frequency

There you can set it to where you get emails ("sync" with your emaill account) from anywhere from every 30 minutes to once a day. If you don't want to "sync" you can turn it off under the "auto sync" option under "receiving options". However, then you will need to download everything manually whenever you want to get your emails. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.