Toni1119 | Admirer | 07.08.2012 4:54 PM
Can someone tell me what the email app is for on the latest tracfone with free wifi and how to use it PLEASE?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
PATSYH | Inside Admirer | 07.13.2012 8:13 PM
Thanks so much for the clarification. I'm hoping the original offer comes back in stock; otherwise, I will buy the same model with the 1200 minutes soon. I have the LG 800 tracfone now and it's just OK.
boodlemum | Advisor 3 | 07.13.2012 5:25 PM
PATSYH, Yes you can download ringtones from the tracfone site. Well, I haven't hit the "confirm your purchase" button, but after entering my phone number, I can see what's on offer. All the ones I clicked on said I could buy for 35.88 minutes or $2.99 for truetone, and 23.88 minutes or $1.99 for polytone.

Personally, I like the one already on the phone that sounds like a telephone.
PATSYH | Inside Admirer | 07.13.2012 4:09 PM
The reason I mentioned it because I read on a forum on this phone model that a poster complained that she tried to download ringtones from the Tracfone site and her Samsung said 'this model does not support that action'. So, to clarify, I can download Truetones from the Tracfone site?
Thank you.
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.13.2012 10:37 AM
Can someone tell me what kind of ring tones are included? The TSV is sold out so I missed out but there is the same Samsung model with less minutes available. I like being able to download songs of my favorite singers but my understanding is that you can't do this on this model. What kind of songs are on the model? Thanks.

Not sure where you got your "understanding," but this phone has downloadable rimgtones. And if you already have ringtones that you like from another phone, I'm pretty sure that all you need to do is copy them to this phone, assuming they're in the same format (i.e., from a similar type of phone).
PATSYH | Inside Admirer | 07.13.2012 5:23 AM
Can someone tell me what kind of ring tones are included? The TSV is sold out so I missed out but there is the same Samsung model with less minutes available. I like being able to download songs of my favorite singers but my understanding is that you can't do this on this model. What kind of songs are on the model? Thanks.
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.13.2012 4:01 AM
Sorry but I'm not on facebook so I don't have a clue. HSN won't let me post any kind of web address, so I suggest that you google "how to upload photos to mobile facebook" and pick the one from 6 days ago from ehow. Or better yet, go to ehow and search on the question there.
Toni1119 | Admirer | 07.12.2012 6:07 PM
Ok I have another question. When I go on facebook with the phone I do not see the usual option on the facebook screen to upload a photo. Are we not able to do that with this phone? Any help is appreciated. ;-)

jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.11.2012 2:35 AM
Don't forget to start your email coming by hitting "download" (see above), and then adjust the timing of your downloads (syncing) to your preference (also above). Personally, I don't want to get emails unless I'm on wifi and don't have to pay, so mine are set up so they don't download automatically. I don't get urgent emails anyway so I can wait until I get to a hot spot or home.
Stargazer777 | Admirer | 07.11.2012 2:13 AM
Ahhhh, now I see. I didn't go into email. I went into browser, options, email and networking, but I didn't click on any of the choices (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc.). My email is all set up now. Thanks!
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.11.2012 1:58 AM
List? I didn't know there was one. You just go into "Email--Settings--Email Setup Wizard" and then enter your email information. So far I've entered one for Gmail, Yahoo, and AOL. What type of email account are you trying to enter?
Stargazer777 | Admirer | 07.10.2012 11:21 PM
Can you add an email address that isn't on the list? My main email address is something other than those listed.
Toni1119 | Admirer | 07.09.2012 8:30 PM
Got it--thank you! =d>
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.09.2012 7:12 PM
Go to:

Email
Settings
Receiving options
Sync frequency

There you can set it to where you get emails ("sync" with your emaill account) from anywhere from every 30 minutes to once a day. If you don't want to "sync" you can turn it off under the "auto sync" option under "receiving options". However, then you will need to download everything manually whenever you want to get your emails. :smileyhappy:
Toni1119 | Admirer | 07.09.2012 6:28 PM
Oh Geez now I can't figure out how to get it to stop notifying me of every new e-mail! Anyone else know how?
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.09.2012 4:42 PM
I'm very happy to help. I wish I could help all the people who don't know how to get the phone to work. They're giving up and missing out on a great little phone.
Toni1119 | Admirer | 07.09.2012 1:12 PM
I have to thank you again for all your help! The download went through this morning! The customer service reps at Tracfone did not tell me this--they were clueless! I heard my phone beep this morning and there were all my e-mails! Thank you! I love this phone. =d>
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.08.2012 10:51 PM
You might try deleting the e-mail account and re entering it again. Also, go into "settings" and make sure that everything looks OK--i.e., that everything appears to be entered correctly. It's a little difficult for me to tell you what to do because I didn't have any problems setting mine up. I can only guess whether the problem is your connection, or your password, or your settings, etc. Good luck!
Toni1119 | Admirer | 07.08.2012 7:23 PM
Thank you again it's still not working. I don't see the download option -- OK I found download but it sat login failed!!! :-0
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.08.2012 5:48 PM
Yes you can get e-mails from there. Once you have entered your e-mail address and password, you need to look under options. Under "options" select "download" so that your e-mails will get "pushed" to your phone. Then you go back out and hit the e-mail app button and after a couple of seconds your first e-mail will be there. After that, I think the "push" is automatic.
Toni1119 | Admirer | 07.08.2012 5:33 PM
Thank you! Yes I did this but can you get and receive e-mails from there? Been on phone with customer service for an hour they had me reset phone and told me to retry in an hour
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.08.2012 5:13 PM
Do you have an e-mail account? If so, the e-mail app is so that you can easily connect to your e-mail account without having to enter the url and sign in every time you want to check your e-mail. I'm assuming you have an e-mail account and know how to get there (e.g. your e-mail address). To use the e-mail app, see below.

Go to the Tracfone web site (T r a c f o n e.c o m only without the spaces).
Under "Support" select "Technical Support".
Select "Phone Tutorial".
Select "Samsung S390G."
Select "E-mail".
Follow the easy step-by-step tutorial.

Or go here:

h t t p://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/tutorial.seam;jsessionid=91406274BEA8B31404383C7EC97C9EBF?tutorialId=15985&locale=en_US&deviceId=854&cid=2361430&conversationPropagation=end

only don't put the spaces in "h t t p".

Select "E-mail".
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
Toni1119

tracfone

Can someone tell me what the email app is for on the latest tracfone with free wifi and how to use it PLEASE?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

RE: tracfone

Do you have an e-mail account? If so, the e-mail app is so that you can easily connect to your e-mail account without having to enter the url and sign in every time you want to check your e-mail. I'm assuming you have an e-mail account and know how to get there (e.g. your e-mail address). To use the e-mail app, see below.

Go to the Tracfone web site (T r a c f o n e.c o m only without the spaces).
Under "Support" select "Technical Support".
Select "Phone Tutorial".
Select "Samsung S390G."
Select "E-mail".

Or go here:

h t t p://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/tutorial.seam;jsessionid=91406274BEA8B31404383C7EC97C9EBF?tutorialId=15985&locale=en_US&deviceId=854&cid=2361430&conversationPropagation=end

only don't put the spaces in "h t t p".

Select "E-mail".
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Toni1119

Thank you! Yes I did this but can you get and receive e-mails from there? Been on phone with customer service for an hour they had me reset phone and told me to retry in an hour
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

Yes you can get e-mails from there. Once you have entered your e-mail address and password, you need to look under options. Under "options" select "download" so that your e-mails will get "pushed" to your phone. Then you go back out and hit the e-mail app button and after a couple of seconds your first e-mail will be there. After that, I think the "push" is automatic.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Toni1119

Thank you again it's still not working. I don't see the download option -- OK I found download but it sat login failed!!! :-0
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

You might try deleting the e-mail account and re entering it again. Also, go into "settings" and make sure that everything looks OK--i.e., that everything appears to be entered correctly. It's a little difficult for me to tell you what to do because I didn't have any problems setting mine up. I can only guess whether the problem is your connection, or your password, or your settings, etc. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Toni1119

I have to thank you again for all your help! The download went through this morning! The customer service reps at Tracfone did not tell me this--they were clueless! I heard my phone beep this morning and there were all my e-mails! Thank you! I love this phone. =d>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

I'm very happy to help. I wish I could help all the people who don't know how to get the phone to work. They're giving up and missing out on a great little phone.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Toni1119

Oh Geez now I can't figure out how to get it to stop notifying me of every new e-mail! Anyone else know how?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

Go to:

Email
Settings
Receiving options
Sync frequency

There you can set it to where you get emails ("sync" with your emaill account) from anywhere from every 30 minutes to once a day. If you don't want to "sync" you can turn it off under the "auto sync" option under "receiving options". However, then you will need to download everything manually whenever you want to get your emails. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
21 Replies
07.08.2012 4:54 PM
0 Smiles
5 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...