Admirer 3
devia

"ESTEBAN GUITARS"

how many of you ordered the CAMERO-guitar????looks-pretty-sharp....by esteban,....
"smile it's free"!!! "gotta -love-it" !!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
devia

RE: "ESTEBAN GUITARS"

having trouble-posting...but did anyone else hear that esteban,was bringing a "CORVETTE"guitar this visit????i have-been waiting for it,as i was wanting it for the corvette-show in sept...did i miss it?????if anyone knows please let me know.....thanks...
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
devia

dosen't anyone know anything about his guitars???please-help...
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TERESETA

I would like to know a little bit about his guitars. I like the one with the roses on it. I have always wanted to learn to play and I wonder if one if these would be a good start. I did a Google on Esteban and there is some pretty interesting things about him. I think he is more of a salesman and showman than he makes himself out to be. I was a little dissapointed in that but his guitars sure are pretty and nicely priced if they are truly of some quality.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
SHARON818

He's pretty much a television shopping channel manufactured musician who just happened to be Segovia-trained (how much remains to be seen - one only technically needs ONE lesson from the master to be able to say they were "trained" by Segovia).
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
pinkygold

In july I bought the celebration guitar tsv by esteban...it is very beautiful and very well made..his dvd's are great too.....
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
dewsparkle

I have to admit that thanks to having Esteban on and thanks to playing a few music-based console games (which, admittedly, Esteban doesn't seem to care much for), I went out and did some research on guitars and the like, then bought one of the ones I found in a store (for only a little bit more than the Esteban price). This gave me the opportunity to hear it played by the store musician, who helped me out with the purchase. (In my opinion, it's really helpful to have the instrument played in front of you so that you can hear its tone.)

(Note: I've played instruments in the past, so I know my way around sheet music, but hadn't really been all that interested in guitars until the combination of Esteban AND the console games I play. I figured that if I was practicing fake drums and fake guitar to get a nice high score on Expert, I really ought to put some of that time into practicing a real instrument.)

I've been quite happy with my selection, which was mentioned on some of the other sites I researched.

I think it might be worthwhile for Esteban to take a look at some of these console music games (one of which was on HSN about a month ago, I think, but also the ones that have drum sets, too), and instead of arguing against having kids playing console games, suggest using them as a tool to spur on their interest in music. (If the kids are "practicing" anywhere near as much as *I* did with these games, then parents shouldn't have too much of a "see, you're doing that already -- why not try a REAL instrument and make your OWN music?" argument. :smileywink: )

[FYI: If you try the drums out in the currently available console game, you might find yourself surprised by how active it is (so, with THAT game at least you're not just sitting still and moving only the hands on the usual game controller!). The harder the song, the more movement you make, and you could work yourself into a sweat if you're not an actual drummer. (I've heard that actual drummers find everything but Expert setting on the music to be way too hard because, well, they want to play properly, which, on Easy, means you'd be adding a lot of hits, which means the game won't like you much on Easy since extra hits are bad! =) )
Please use plain text.
Admirer
city

I read recently online, That "Esteban" is a completely FICTIONAL character that was given to him just to sell these guitars. His real name is Dan Fernaueu.

The Recording Academy became aware that he was saying that he has won several grammy awards, and that is not true at all.

And the Musical Instruments Manufacutuar's Associaton of America said that his guitars must be classified as a Toy, because they are made of discarded telephone directories and medical waste.

Read it all here http://www.rockandrollconfidential.com/news/index.php

Last story on the page.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
devia

i wonder why GM,would want there name on them-then????i really understood him to say that he was coming out with a CORVETTE-guitar,but instead he came out with this CAMERO....i wonder what happened???people were even calling in and requesting a CORVETTE guitar-and that was what he told them,but instead the CAMERO-popped-up....just-curious...
Please use plain text.
New Friend
mitt

Segovia gave Esteban his name, he was born Stephen Paul in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
he studied with Segovia both in Spain and in the U.S. (1974-1978) according to his bio at estebanmusic.com. From what I gather I consider him totally for real and I've admired his mastery of the guitar since I was young (I'm not quite an old fart yet). I recently bought one of his steel string accoustic guitars from publishers clearing house (they accept payments) which is made of hard wood as it should be and has excellent tone, the only caution that I've noticed is that, mine was made in China and I live in the desert and the quick change in humidity slightly distorted the sound board so I removed the strings and wiped the inside sided down with a damp cloth and once it stabilized it was fine. If I'd let the humidity stabilize before I put tenion (tuned) on the strings I don't think I would have had a problem. I'm very happy with it and would like to get some of his higher quality ones. Oh yea my inexpensive model was tap tuned during assembly. Thanks Esteban!
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.