Admirer 3
chriswooten57

help hooking up headphones to this lg tv model 42HL30...read what wireless headphones i purchase for it

I have purchased the LG 42HL30 HDTV. SOld out item number was 398979. The problem I have is the tv was represented online at hsn under the additional info that it had an HEADPHONE JACK. It does not have one. It has a square hole (optical Audio Out). Wired headphones now will not work with this tv. So I purchased Wireless HeadPhones from hsn. Able Planet True Fidelity Wireless Infrared Stereo Headphones with LINX AUDIO TechnologyItem: 107-0106

The wireless headphone transmitter cord can not fit in the optical audio out on the back of the tv.

does anyone here know what i need to make these wireless headphones above work with this tv. i have called hsn and posted on the greek chic's blog. katie does not get back with us on the answered.

i am thinking i might need some sort of audio converter and cable, but have no idea what to buy. all i want to do is watch tv at night while the family is sleeping and not wake them.

i already purchased the wireless headphones above...hsn.com when you clicked on this model lg tv item number which is now sold out, plainly said in the additional specs. that it had a headphone jack. well it came and it did not have one.

the only other option now is to send it back and it is a good tv, so i need to find a way to make these wireless headphones hook up to it...

if anyone can please help this not so tech savy gal out and post an item number and link to what i might need to make the wireless headphones above work, i would appreciate it...please..

hsn if you read this someone needs to help me...with this....i have called you and no one is tech savy on the phone at hsn. they do not let you speak to katie or john eastman, nor do they give you a direct email to them. the tech blog is never answered. so my post there is useless.

crystal aka chris at mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com email me please if you know how to help me....
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
chriswooten57

RE: help hooking up headphones to this lg tv model 42HL30...read what wireless headphones i purchase for it

sorry email correction for help with lg tv model 42HL30 for crystal aka chris is

mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
chriswooten57

RE: help hooking up headphones to this lg tv model 42HL30...read what wireless headphones i purchase for it

ok one more try it seems that the site does not like the email addresses..

so here is for crystal aka chris about headphones and lg tv...

mcwooten1999 at carolina dot rr dot com
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
chriswooten57

gosh now....crystal's email for help will not post correctly...forgive me for posting so many times but please read my post above and contact me if you can help...i will try my email address one more time in here...

mcwooten1999 at carolina dot rr dot com
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
chriswooten57

OK JUST ADD DOT COM TO THE END OF THAT EMAIL ADDRESS

FOR CRYSTAL AKA CHRIS WHO NEEDS HELP WITH WIRELESS HEADPHONE HOOK UP TRANSMITTER

TO LG MODEL 42HL30 42 INCH HDTV. PURCHASED HERE AT HSN
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
cheezypopcorn

Hi Chris,

Did you try going to an electronics retailer like Radio Shack for help? Sometimes when my husband and I need help with cables and connections, we will go over there and ask for help, and they have what we need. It may be worth a try to ask someone there for help. o:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
tiger4062

Chris.
On the back of the tv set, there should be audio out RCA jacks (one red, one white) that are normally used as an input to an external amplifier. What you have to do is go to the electronics store (Radio Shack should work) and ask for an adapter that has two RCA plugs on one end and a mini headphone jack on the other. Connect it up and you should be good to go. Sorry that I don't know the item number of the adapter. Just ask, they should be able to help you at the electronics store.
Ciao.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
chriswooten57

thank you. i did just that...it works great now.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.