Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 10.19.2013 6:45 PM
On youtube there is a good video by SaveOnPrepaidPhones - title of the video is -

Compare The Tracfone ZTE Valet and Samsung Centura Androids

breaks down - cut and paste - Kudos to SaveOnPrepaidPhones - both look like good deals.

Initial Cost: ZTE - $99 vs Samsung now $149/TSV was $129

Samsung Centura -

Phone Dimensions Height 4 1/2″ x Width 2 1/2″ x Thickness 1/2″
Weight 4.40 Ounces
Technology CDMA with 3g Data
Included SD Card No
WiFi Yes
 Screen Material  Plastic
Processor Speed 800 mhz
Android OS Version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Phone Type Small Candybar Touchscreen
Camera 3.0 mega pixels
Screen 3.5″ Diagonal
Button Types Capacitive touch
Price $129.99 to $149.99

ZTE Valet

Weight 4.50 Ounces
Included SD Card Yes – 4gb micro sd card included
WiFi Yes
Screen Material Plastic
Processor Speed 1ghz
Android OS Version 4.1 Jelly Bean
Camera 3.0 mega pixels with LED Flash
Screen 3.5″ Diagonal
Button Types Capacitive touch with Light sensor
Price $99.99

HSN deal - Centura $25 google play card.

HSN deal with Valet applications, online storage

ZTE vs Samsung - don't know about the difference in quality - the Samsung looks nicer, but for me - I would be putting on a case so the chrome trim wouldn't show

ZTE vs Samsung - reliability?? Samsung is a good brand - don't know about ZTE - could be made right off the same assembly lines in China...??

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 10.31.2013 1:46 PM
Comparing the Samsung Galaxy Centura vs ZTE Trac fone - both phones are similar size and weigh - the buttons are in different locations. The Samsung looks nicer has silver trim on the outside of the phone.

The Samsung was $129 when was TSV - now its $149 - 800 mhz processor

The ZTE is currently $99 - 1000 mhz processor, the ZTE comes with an 4 gig SD memory card and is rated better for people who wear hearing aids - not that the Samsung Centura is terrible -

Both phones work well, speaker phones are good in both phones, volume for me is adequate, clarity is good.

However - one noticable difference between the Samsung vs ZTE - the ZTE Wi-Fi performance is weak -

The ZTE gets only good to fair in my house - the Samsung - good to excellent.

So you would have to ask yourself - how important is the Wi-Fi feature to you? Do you wear hearing aids ? If so the ZTE might be better for you. Do you require a faster processor - than the ZTE is a better choice for you...

I'm still mulling it around in my head - will I keep the Centura or go with the ZTE...I am pretty certain my husband like the ZTE - There is a $30 - $50 difference between the Centura vs ZTE.

I hope that this might help people in deciding the pros and cons of the ZTE vs the Samsung Galaxy -

URDRWHO | New Friend | 12.27.2013 12:39 PM

To Tracfone users, those who try to use Wifi to save on data time, WARNING the ZTE Valet Wifi is very, very weak!

From the multitude of comments about bad Wifi I think it is a poor design.

You find remarks such as ---

"The reception of Wi Fi is not strong. Requires closer setting than hoped for. "

"I have noticed that the WiFi range doesn't seem to be as good as with my other wireless devices."

"I had to reposition my wireless router into the room I most often use my ZTE in to get a signal that didn't periodically drop out."

ZTE should do a quick fix to the Valet or it will very quickly get a bad reputation for bad Wifi. After Christmas you'll have a lot of Tracfone people trying to use this thing and will find great disappointment with the Wifi.

I have a lot of accumulated Tracfone minutes from my GSM phone. I don't like the new Smartphone Tracfone scheme. Your minutes are split between talk/text/data. Before a Test was .03 minutes but the new smartphone fee would take an entire minute of your test time. Sure you get triple minutes but if like me, you aren't a big data user, I am paying for something I will never use.

I do know that the ZTE Valet won't work for me.

Meezergeezer wrote:
Comparing the Samsung Galaxy Centura vs ZTE Trac fone - both phones are similar size and weigh - the buttons are in different locations. The Samsung looks nicer has silver trim on the outside of the phone.

The ZTE is currently $99 - 1000 mhz processor, the ZTE comes with an 4 gig SD memory card and is rated better for people who wear hearing aids - not that the Samsung Centura is terrible -

Both phones work well, speaker phones are good in both phones, volume for me is adequate, clarity is good.

However - one noticable difference between the Samsung vs ZTE - the ZTE Wi-Fi performance is weak -

So you would have to ask yourself - how important is the Wi-Fi feature to you? Do you wear hearing aids ? If so the ZTE might be better for you. Do you require a faster processor - than the ZTE is a better choice for you...

I'm still mulling it around in my head - will I keep the Centura or go with the ZTE...I am pretty certain my husband like the ZTE - There is a $30 - $50 difference between the Centura vs ZTE.

I hope that this might help people in deciding the pros and cons of the ZTE vs the Samsung Galaxy -

HSN | Manager | 12.27.2013 5:20 PM

URDRWHO wrote:

To Tracfone users, those who try to use Wifi to save on data time, WARNING the ZTE Valet Wifi is very, very weak!

"The reception of Wi Fi is not strong. Requires closer setting than hoped for. "

"I have noticed that the WiFi range doesn't seem to be as good as with my other wireless devices."

"I had to reposition my wireless router into the room I most often use my ZTE in to get a signal that didn't periodically drop out."

ZTE should do a quick fix to the Valet or it will very quickly get a bad reputation for bad Wifi. After Christmas you'll have a lot of Tracfone people trying to use this thing and will find great disappointment with the Wifi.

I have a lot of accumulated Tracfone minutes from my GSM phone. I don't like the new Smartphone Tracfone scheme. Your minutes are split between talk/text/data. Before a Test was .03 minutes but the new smartphone fee would take an entire minute of your test time. Sure you get triple minutes but if like me, you aren't a big data user, I am paying for something I will never use.

It's saddening to hear you are not enjoing the ZTE Valet, @URDRWHO .  We had hoped it would be the perfect phone for your needs, but this information is important to our quality team when considering improvements in the future.  We hope you will take a look at our other TracFones for one that may work better for you.  You can also check out the customer reviews on each item on our web site to get an idea of how others are liking it.  Thanks for your input.

Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 10.19.2013 10:18 PM
Both Android Phones are Hearing Aid Compatible - the ZTE Valet is better hearing aid capatibility rating -

Addendum - ZTE Valet -

Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) Rating: M4/T4

Samsung Galaxy Centura -

Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) Rating: M4/T3
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

ZTE Valet vs Samsung Galaxy Centura Trac Fones

On youtube there is a good video by SaveOnPrepaidPhones - title of the video is -

Compare The Tracfone ZTE Valet and Samsung Centura Androids

breaks down - cut and paste - Kudos to SaveOnPrepaidPhones - both look like good deals.

Initial Cost: ZTE - $99 vs Samsung now $149/TSV was $129

Samsung Centura -

Weight 4.40 Ounces
Included SD Card No
WiFi Yes
 Screen Material  Plastic
Processor Speed 800 mhz
Android OS Version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Camera 3.0 mega pixels
Screen 3.5″ Diagonal
Button Types Capacitive touch
Price $129.99 to $149.99

ZTE Valet

Weight 4.50 Ounces
Included SD Card Yes – 4gb micro sd card included
WiFi Yes
Screen Material Plastic
Processor Speed 1ghz
Android OS Version 4.1 Jelly Bean
Camera 3.0 mega pixels with LED Flash
Screen 3.5″ Diagonal
Button Types Capacitive touch with Light sensor
Price $99.99

HSN deal - Centura $25 google play card.

HSN deal with Valet applications, online storage

ZTE vs Samsung - don't know about the difference in quality - the Samsung looks nicer, but for me - I would be putting on a case so the chrome trim wouldn't show

ZTE vs Samsung - reliability?? Samsung is a good brand - don't know about ZTE - could be made right off the same assembly lines in China...??

Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

RE: ZTE Valet vs Samsung Galaxy Centura Trac Fones

Both Android Phones are Hearing Aid Compatible - the ZTE Valet is better hearing aid capatibility rating -

Addendum - ZTE Valet -

Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) Rating: M4/T4

Samsung Galaxy Centura -

Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) Rating: M4/T3
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

RE: ZTE Valet vs Samsung Galaxy Centura Trac Fones

Please use plain text.
New Friend
URDRWHO

Re: RE: ZTE Valet vs Samsung Galaxy Centura Trac Fones

[ Edited ]

Meezergeezer wrote:

Please use plain text.
Manager HSN
Manager
HSN

Re: RE: ZTE Valet vs Samsung Galaxy Centura Trac Fones

URDRWHO wrote:

It's saddening to hear you are not enjoing the ZTE Valet, @URDRWHO .  We had hoped it would be the perfect phone for your needs, but this information is important to our quality team when considering improvements in the future.  We hope you will take a look at our other TracFones for one that may work better for you.  You can also check out the customer reviews on each item on our web site to get an idea of how others are liking it.  Thanks for your input.

It’s fun here!
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
4 Replies
10.19.2013 6:45 PM
0 Smiles
3 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...