New Friend
sisterchick

VIPRE™ AntiVirus & AntiSpyware Software in the USB stick

Did anyone purchase the VIPRE™ AntiVirus & AntiSpyware Software in the USB stick that was offered a week or so ago? Just curious on how it's working for you. I purchased it but haven't had a chance yet to install it in our new laptop. I saw that it was sold out then went back to check and they removed it from the website. Do they usually do that once something is sold out? I wanted to see if there were any reviews on it yet. I think the item # was 246-053.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
HAPPYBOTTOM

RE: VIPRE™ AntiVirus & AntiSpyware Software in the USB stick

If you just type vipre in search you'll find a new listing and the reviews are there. Same thing only on a disc and $20 less.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
AmazingJen

Vipre is back up right now and it has a 4-star customer rating. Looks like there are a lot of positive reviews.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
lucyvanpelt88

I bought mine straight from Vipre. I absolutely love it. I started out a couple years ago with their CounterSpy software then upgraded to the Antivirus + AntiSpyware and I also bought their Firewal. I do not believe I paid $99 for it - it was a lot less. When I bought it online, they sent a link for you to download. Their tech support has always been helpful when I had any type of question. They were always johnny on the spot.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
DottieK

Does this have to be plugged in all the time? Can this be used for multiple computers? I'm not sure how this works. I currenlt use Norton, but Best Buy's geek squad told me Norton and Mac Afee were junk.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
BalloonGirl

Does this have to be plugged in all the time? Can this be used for multiple computers? I'm not sure how this works. I currenlt use Norton, but Best Buy's geek squad told me Norton and Mac Afee were junk.

They put it on a flash drive (USB stick) for people who have the small netbook computers as most of them don't have a drive to stick a CD/DVD into.

It installs off the flash drive and then you remove the flash drive. I'm not sure if it can be installed on multiple PC's it will say 2 user/3 user, etc. if that is allowed.

I take the advice from the Geek Squad with a grain of salt. There is nothing at all wrong with Norton - I received a free Norton 360 from Amazon to review for them and it doesn't hog the resources on my PC at all. It's the best internet security I have ever used, and no, I'm not saying that just because I got it for free. I'm a member of Amazon Vine and I give 1 star ratings just as readily as 5 star ratings.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
FreeAtLast

I prefer ESET Smart Security. It's lightweight, great at detection and removal and it has a very small footprint with minimal system entrenchment. I forgot to mention - it has few false positives - another big consideration when you consider the implications.
“Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” - Ghandi
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jvon

Really???
Norton 360 has improved a great deal from the Norton programs of the past. Past programs use to slow your computer down terribly. The improved Norton 360 is without a doubt one of the better antivirus programs out there.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
BBethteB

I can't understand why anyone would pay for this device. There are so many companies out there offering free software and upgrades.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
cheezypopcorn

I have heard it get good reviews too.

As to what anti-virus programs people want to use, I think that it is a matter of personal preference. Some people might even get them as part of their Internet coverage with their Internet provider.

The nice thing about the "pay-for" programs is that you don't have to manually update them. They run in real-time, and they run updates for you, and constantly run in the background for you. You don't have to worry about running any scans or updates, as they are done automatically for you, so you don't have to worry about whether or not you "forgot" to run a scan.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.