Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 06.11.2011 3:36 AM
I am so happy that this phone is in our area - yeah! I ordered it. I like Tracfones - usually its CDMA technology - this is GSM - but since HSN has a great return policy I'm not worried.

I checked Tracfone's website - this phone lists for $49.99, comes with only 60 minutes and only double minutes and according to Trac fone only comes with a charger.

With only 50 minutes left on my 2 year old LG Trac phone - the timing couldn't be better!!

I think the HSN TSV is awesome! Thanks HSN!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

Tracfone Triple Minutes TSV

I am so happy that this phone is in our area - yeah! I ordered it. I like Tracfones - usually its CDMA technology - this is GSM - but since HSN has a great return policy I'm not worried.

I checked Tracfone's website - this phone lists for $49.99, comes with only 60 minutes and only double minutes and according to Trac fone only comes with a charger.

With only 50 minutes left on my 2 year old LG Trac phone - the timing couldn't be better!!

I think the HSN TSV is awesome! Thanks HSN!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
2old2care

RE: Tracfone Triple Minutes TSV

Hi Meezergeezer, could you tell me how this phone plan works? We have Net10, which you not only buy minutes but also have to pick number of days/months your good for with your minutes. With Net10 if you run out of minutes before a deadline then you buy more minutes but not start up fee. If you have plenty of minutes left over but forget to buy airtime (more months/days) and your deadline comes and goes then you lose all those minutes (I think) and have to pay a start up fee. With this TS Phone do you only buy minutes and as long as you have minutes left on the phone your phone works 1 yr later? That's how the host and LG guest is making it sound. Are the minutes not connected to and date/ time frame that they are good for?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
tigriss

I have Straight Talk....I get unlimited minutes for each month at $45 a month..$47 and change total bill....I'm wondering if this plan uses your minutes to surf the web and all that. I like Straight Talk and have service everywhere I go as I travel in rural Georgia for work. How does TracFone work?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TC93

Hi Meezergeezer, could you tell me how this phone plan works? We have Net10, which you not only buy minutes but also have to pick number of days/months your good for with your minutes. With Net10 if you run out of minutes before a deadline then you buy more minutes but not start up fee. If you have plenty of minutes left over but forget to buy airtime (more months/days) and your deadline comes and goes then you lose all those minutes (I think) and have to pay a start up fee. With this TS Phone do you only buy minutes and as long as you have minutes left on the phone your phone works 1 yr later? That's how the host and LG guest is making it sound. Are the minutes not connected to and date/ time frame that they are good for?

This phone says that it comes with a 1 year card, so you don't have to buy any more minutes until a year later. Unless you want/need more minutes before a year is up. But after a year, you would need to buy more minutes to keep the minutes you have left in your balance.

You use it whenever you want, it doesn't change any price that you already paid for. I've never heard of any startup fees, or at least we have never had any with Tracfone.

I actually think Net10 and Tracfone are the same company, just different types of offers.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TC93

I have Straight Talk....I get unlimited minutes for each month at $45 a month..$47 and change total bill....I'm wondering if this plan uses your minutes to surf the web and all that. I like Straight Talk and have service everywhere I go as I travel in rural Georgia for work. How does TracFone work?

I'm pretty sure it does, or at least the Tracfones we have owned over the years did charge for internet use...
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
PhllyGirl

I have a tracfone for my mom and it uses minutes for all features such as using the web, texting and receiving text. When its time to purchase minutes I usually find codes online for free minutes too. Every time you put minutes on it extends your deadline. My mom's deadline is currently july 2012. So if I don't buy anymore minutes she can live out her current minutes until july 2012. My mom does not use the web, nor does she use text so this is a good fit for her. If you want to take advantage of those features I suggest a plan with unlimited usage.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TC93

I noticed the "notes" section at the bottom of the product page for this phone, seems to have some different/odd activation required for this phone to get the 1200 minutes. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

edit: nevermind, I think their notes section is the same as other Tracfones they sell.
I think this is a good deal.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
anceyfrance

I think it is a good deal, but we will see. The interesting thing about it is that if you buy the 1500 minute card, (4500) your price per minute will be 4 cents, at the triple 450 = 1350 the minute charge is 8 cents, but the sales rep kept saying 1200, I am confused, so, doing the math I think that it could really be a money saver. I am not sure about the available apps, if they are the same as any other phone, and they should be, but..... I may have to send it back. I have an android at the moment and will not be parting with it in a rush, it does everything. I like the idea of this because it has a SIM card and therefor can be unlocked easily, unlike Sprint's Google phone. But the same rep was selling a Boost Blackberry for Sprint/Nextel so it is so hard to really see if you are getting a good deal, I remember her saying that she got her Father the Trac phone and her husband, (which may have a really annoying keypad, no qwerty and not sure about predictive sentences). She also said that her husband had the Blackberry, and Boost is not the best service in the world. One wonders what to believe, and yes, it does show it to be $49.99 on their site, if it is that model.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
fashionfaves

This looked like a good deal so I bought one. I like the fact that I can send it back if it doesn't work out. Right now the network I'm on has very poor service at my house so, unless I go outside, I can't use it. (A bit of a problem in the winter. :smileysurprised:) I'm hoping this will be a better network. If not...back it goes. It looks like I'll have good service all over my area. We'll see. Other than being a phone and take pictures. I'm not sure what all it does. Is this a "smart phone"? I'm not particularly savvy on cell phones.
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

I do believe visiting TracFone website Net10 and TracFone are owned by the same company. The Straightalk is a good deal for some folks, but - we're not on the cell phone that often - but thought less than $.08 a minute is great for us - especially with the amount of calling we do. I had the $40 plan and then the Blackberry when my folks were alive and I was on the phone a lot with them, but now - I just don't need to have all those minutes when I probably will use 50 minutes a month - if that! LOL! I also go tired of seeing how many taxes I was paying on my cell phone and hardly using it - could justify it.

The Blackberry HSN had sounded like a good deal, but Sprint - doesn't come in where I live and don't want a $60 or $45 a month phone bill any more.

My regular TracFone works well - it has the CDMA technology running off Verizon towers - this new one runs off ATT & T-Mobile Towers - we'll see. My husband thought it was such a good deal - he said order him one...I'll find out soon enough how it works :smileyhappy:

1200 minute for under $100 is great in my book for the kind of us we plan on using our phones for.

God bless, Be well ^..^
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
50 Replies
06.11.2011 3:36 AM
0 Smiles
26 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...