goldy14k | Admirer 1 | 11.20.2011 4:17 PM
i went to the "service station" on the tablet & it showed 5 updates. they all installed successflly, but the last one for honeycomb 3.2 after installing it showed there was still an update & i updated it again & when i go back to "service station" it's still showing there is an update for:thrive 3.2.1.31.5.0002 system image update, nov. 14, 2011. is anyone else having this problem? i was also on the phone with toshiba tech support when the second time it was showing & the tech rep said to install it again. after we hung up i saw the same update again. tia for any help
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
jeannellen | Admirer 3 | 11.23.2011 11:21 PM
Goldy14K, tap on the green and white icon labeled Market. In the upper right hand corner of the page that comes up, is a place you can search the market site. Type in Overdrive Media Console. The app will come up and you download it to your Thrive. You will have to set up an account. After you do that I think Adobe Digital Editions is part of the set up. You just have to enter your password and Id that you have for Adobe. I wish I could remember exactly what the fella at the library did - but as I watched him it all seemed like Greek to me.

I have no idea how to delete a device from Adobe. I searched all over Adobe to try and delete a nextbook I had returned to HSN, but could never find out where the software filed it. Hopefully someone out there in HSN Forum land will help us with that. Come to think of it, the fella at the library never even addressed the issue - and at the time I never thought to ask him.

The name of that website that has a forum, Q&A, etc I believe is Androidtablets.net
goldy14k | Admirer 1 | 11.23.2011 8:13 PM
hi again jeanellen, honey in the android market, under what catergory would i find the overdrive app & digital editions app? i'm really unknowledgable when it comes to this stuff. also how do you delete a device so you can add another one. sorry for all the ?'s. and btw remember age is just a # lol.
jeannellen | Admirer 3 | 11.23.2011 8:45 AM
Goldly14K and Keriga, re the downloading of library books. The whole process had me very confused so I sought help at our local library. When I went to the Overdrive site, as well as Adobe Digital Editions, it seemed to referred to downloading the programs to either a PC or a smartphone. For someone who is illiterate as far as computers etc are concerned, I just downloaded them to my pc. Couldn't do a thing with either. It wasn't until I went to our local library that I learned I was supposed to download them to the Thirve. The fella went to the app store on the Thrive and downloaded the apps to the tablet. After I set up an account with overdrive, walla, the Tampa Bay Library Consortium opened right up and I was able to download and read library books. Sp Goldly14K, if you are interested in downloading books to your Thrive or Sony, check with your local library to see if they will help you do it. I love being able to download books and have them all on a tablet. No more hurrying to the library to return books as they are automatically returned on the due date electronically. Also, no more paperbacks stacked up on the bookshelf waiting to be read.
Other great thing is we go to the beach several times a week (am 7 miles from the Gulf of Mexico) and I can take the Thrive with me and not worry about sand being blown into the keys of the device because there are none like there are on a computer and I don't have to worry about the salt air corroding the device.

Re Adobe digital editions - you are allowed 6 devices under 1 password. What I did when I was having so many problems, I downloaded Overdrive and Adobe digital to my netbook under my maiden name. I figured if I corrupted the one on my laptop, I'd have the one on my netbook as a backup. Now I can uninstall them as I don't need those on my computer.
goldy14k | Admirer 1 | 11.22.2011 8:48 PM
jeanellen i forgot to answer your ? about the toshiba website, & yes i was there. it's an excellent site with tons of info & Q & A to a ton of things. i already have it bookmarked.
goldy14k | Admirer 1 | 11.22.2011 8:41 PM
hi jeanellen, it was very nice hearing from you. i bought the entourage edge when hsn had it & that was a waste of $ because the company went out of buisness before the year was even up & it was too late to send it back to hsn, then i bought a nextbook & wounded up selling it to my friend, then i recently bought the sony tablet s from hsn, which i absolutely love & now the toshiba thrive. so far i really like the toshiba thrive so i'm keeping them both. i wouldn't even know how to go about getting books on here #1 & #2, keriga, what is the overdrive media console & how do you get it. btw, are you only allowed a certain amount of devices to be registered with a adobe account. with the sony tablet s i dl'd the software that came on a card & when i went to the copia store to d/l a free book, some kind of message came up about adobe & that i was at my limit or something to that effect. this book thing is all new to me. and yes turkey does taste extra good on "TG" day, jeanellen. hope you all have a wonderful thankful day =h2>
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 11.22.2011 6:47 AM

Right out of the box on Day One, all updates DL-ed and installed without incident on the first attempt. Haven't had any problems in almost a week of use.

...Does the Thrive support epub and Adobe Digital Editions??? So far I can't get library books downloaded to the tablet nor does the tablet show up on ADE.

If using Overdrive Media Console, be sure you have the most recent version, v.2.3.0.2, that supports EPUB, DRM-free and MP3 audio books. This new version of Overdrive has fixes for problems that users encountered previously.

Hope that helps.

jeannellen | Admirer 3 | 11.21.2011 3:42 PM
Goldy14k, I, also, installed 4 of the 5 updates without any problems. The larger update will wait until later. I can't use the tablet at all while that update is downloading/installing so will wait until after I am all done using it for the day. When the update for Honeycomb itself shows up (dated around the 11th of Nov. I'll hold off installing it until they fix the bugs. Have you visited the Forum on the Toshiba website for the Thrive? A lot of helpful info on that site.

I had such a problem getting the Thrive to download ebooks from the library so this morning I ran over to our local library. A very smart fella, named Michael, set the tablet up in no time. It is now so easy to download library books.

I am much happier with this tablet than I was with the Nextbook. I ended up sending all of them back because of the operating problems I encountered ie tablet freezing, never staying on the page I wanted but always returning me to the home page etc etc. Should have gone with a brand name in the beginning.

Have a nice Thanksgiving...isn't it funny how much better turkey tastes on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year??
goldy14k | Admirer 1 | 11.21.2011 10:42 AM
hi there! thank you for replying jeanellen. just want to let everyone know that i did the update for the third time & it went through just fine. my screen rotates perfectly & i don't see any other problems so far. i'll keep my fingers crossed. btw, the rep from toshiba said it is required that you update your tablet so you get all the new functionality of the tablet. hope this helps anyone who has or had my problem.
jeannellen | Admirer 3 | 11.20.2011 7:08 PM
There are many complaints about that update on the Thrive Forum..therefore, am not installing update for 3.2

Does the Thrive support epub and Adobe Digital Editions??? So far I can't get library books downloaded to the tablet nor does the tablet show up on ADE.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 1
goldy14k

Toshiba Thrive "Updates"

i went to the "service station" on the tablet & it showed 5 updates. they all installed successflly, but the last one for honeycomb 3.2 after installing it showed there was still an update & i updated it again & when i go back to "service station" it's still showing there is an update for:thrive 3.2.1.31.5.0002 system image update, nov. 14, 2011. is anyone else having this problem? i was also on the phone with toshiba tech support when the second time it was showing & the tech rep said to install it again. after we hung up i saw the same update again. tia for any help
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

RE: Toshiba Thrive "Updates"

There are many complaints about that update on the Thrive Forum..therefore, am not installing update for 3.2

Does the Thrive support epub and Adobe Digital Editions??? So far I can't get library books downloaded to the tablet nor does the tablet show up on ADE.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
goldy14k

hi there! thank you for replying jeanellen. just want to let everyone know that i did the update for the third time & it went through just fine. my screen rotates perfectly & i don't see any other problems so far. i'll keep my fingers crossed. btw, the rep from toshiba said it is required that you update your tablet so you get all the new functionality of the tablet. hope this helps anyone who has or had my problem.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

Goldy14k, I, also, installed 4 of the 5 updates without any problems. The larger update will wait until later. I can't use the tablet at all while that update is downloading/installing so will wait until after I am all done using it for the day. When the update for Honeycomb itself shows up (dated around the 11th of Nov. I'll hold off installing it until they fix the bugs. Have you visited the Forum on the Toshiba website for the Thrive? A lot of helpful info on that site.

I had such a problem getting the Thrive to download ebooks from the library so this morning I ran over to our local library. A very smart fella, named Michael, set the tablet up in no time. It is now so easy to download library books.

I am much happier with this tablet than I was with the Nextbook. I ended up sending all of them back because of the operating problems I encountered ie tablet freezing, never staying on the page I wanted but always returning me to the home page etc etc. Should have gone with a brand name in the beginning.

Have a nice Thanksgiving...isn't it funny how much better turkey tastes on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year??
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

Right out of the box on Day One, all updates DL-ed and installed without incident on the first attempt. Haven't had any problems in almost a week of use.

...Does the Thrive support epub and Adobe Digital Editions??? So far I can't get library books downloaded to the tablet nor does the tablet show up on ADE.

If using Overdrive Media Console, be sure you have the most recent version, v.2.3.0.2, that supports EPUB, DRM-free and MP3 audio books. This new version of Overdrive has fixes for problems that users encountered previously.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
goldy14k

hi jeanellen, it was very nice hearing from you. i bought the entourage edge when hsn had it & that was a waste of $ because the company went out of buisness before the year was even up & it was too late to send it back to hsn, then i bought a nextbook & wounded up selling it to my friend, then i recently bought the sony tablet s from hsn, which i absolutely love & now the toshiba thrive. so far i really like the toshiba thrive so i'm keeping them both. i wouldn't even know how to go about getting books on here #1 & #2, keriga, what is the overdrive media console & how do you get it. btw, are you only allowed a certain amount of devices to be registered with a adobe account. with the sony tablet s i dl'd the software that came on a card & when i went to the copia store to d/l a free book, some kind of message came up about adobe & that i was at my limit or something to that effect. this book thing is all new to me. and yes turkey does taste extra good on "TG" day, jeanellen. hope you all have a wonderful thankful day =h2>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
goldy14k

jeanellen i forgot to answer your ? about the toshiba website, & yes i was there. it's an excellent site with tons of info & Q & A to a ton of things. i already have it bookmarked.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

Goldly14K and Keriga, re the downloading of library books. The whole process had me very confused so I sought help at our local library. When I went to the Overdrive site, as well as Adobe Digital Editions, it seemed to referred to downloading the programs to either a PC or a smartphone. For someone who is illiterate as far as computers etc are concerned, I just downloaded them to my pc. Couldn't do a thing with either. It wasn't until I went to our local library that I learned I was supposed to download them to the Thirve. The fella went to the app store on the Thrive and downloaded the apps to the tablet. After I set up an account with overdrive, walla, the Tampa Bay Library Consortium opened right up and I was able to download and read library books. Sp Goldly14K, if you are interested in downloading books to your Thrive or Sony, check with your local library to see if they will help you do it. I love being able to download books and have them all on a tablet. No more hurrying to the library to return books as they are automatically returned on the due date electronically. Also, no more paperbacks stacked up on the bookshelf waiting to be read.
Other great thing is we go to the beach several times a week (am 7 miles from the Gulf of Mexico) and I can take the Thrive with me and not worry about sand being blown into the keys of the device because there are none like there are on a computer and I don't have to worry about the salt air corroding the device.

Re Adobe digital editions - you are allowed 6 devices under 1 password. What I did when I was having so many problems, I downloaded Overdrive and Adobe digital to my netbook under my maiden name. I figured if I corrupted the one on my laptop, I'd have the one on my netbook as a backup. Now I can uninstall them as I don't need those on my computer.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
goldy14k

hi again jeanellen, honey in the android market, under what catergory would i find the overdrive app & digital editions app? i'm really unknowledgable when it comes to this stuff. also how do you delete a device so you can add another one. sorry for all the ?'s. and btw remember age is just a # lol.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

Goldy14K, tap on the green and white icon labeled Market. In the upper right hand corner of the page that comes up, is a place you can search the market site. Type in Overdrive Media Console. The app will come up and you download it to your Thrive. You will have to set up an account. After you do that I think Adobe Digital Editions is part of the set up. You just have to enter your password and Id that you have for Adobe. I wish I could remember exactly what the fella at the library did - but as I watched him it all seemed like Greek to me.

I have no idea how to delete a device from Adobe. I searched all over Adobe to try and delete a nextbook I had returned to HSN, but could never find out where the software filed it. Hopefully someone out there in HSN Forum land will help us with that. Come to think of it, the fella at the library never even addressed the issue - and at the time I never thought to ask him.

The name of that website that has a forum, Q&A, etc I believe is Androidtablets.net
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
9 Replies
11.20.2011 4:17 PM
0 Smiles
3 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...