Admirer 1
Sadie1591

TS Tracfone = problems with customer service

I purchased 2 TS LG840G phones. Has anyone had problems with activating their new Tracfones in the past? I read some horrible reviews about Tracfone and their service. I hope I haven't made a mistake by ordering these phones.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
ddee274666

RE: TS Tracfone = problems with customer service

](*,) ](*,) TracFone. They are some thing else to work with. You just have to keep bugging them until you get what you want.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Sadie1591

The not being able to understand or communicate with customer service located in another country is terrible to try and solve problems. Let's hope I don't have any problems....I will have the option of returning the phones, but I really don't want to do that. Thanks for your response.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
LEATHER

Ive had tracfone for years never a problem activation has been easy.
Got two of the TS, great buy.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
AmazonDeb

I'm on my 3rd Tracfone, been with them about 10 years. My friends all have Tracfones too. I only had a problem with my 2nd one, as it got older it would lose the minutes on its own; this happened twice. I would get them restored by signing onto their Forum to get the code to restore my minutes. After the 2nd time I upgraded to the S390G and no problems. You don't have to talk to someone, just get help on their forum.

I think most of the complaints about Tracfone are due to user error and people who don't read the instructions.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Sadie1591

Is it better to activate phones online or by calling the 1-800 number? I read where it was best to do it over the phone. I'm feeling better after reading your responses. Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
AmazonDeb

I always activate mine online, unless they have changed the rules, you get a few extra minutes (maybe 20?) if you activate online.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
remi5555

[-o< I am going to get the new 3g wi first timer with this and NEW customer as well I can use all the advise I can get and thank u for those thus far...I called their service and they were great and I was not even a customer yet. But I am use to speaking to teck suppor anyway and maybe some folks aren't. sooooo anywaayyyyy I am now with at and t and not on contract but before I change my ph no over to this phone I want to see if I will like it and how it works cos it will save me about sixty a month and thats alot of money because I am down to less than 300 min from 3000 so I don't need the cell ph price tag and 1400 free will last me at least 4-5 months......ta da...
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jwink

With new TS, should there be the typical green and blue minutes card packed with it?
I didn't receive that.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Sadie1591

JWink - There is no typical green and blue minutes card. If you read the Welcome Guide that came with the phone in Step 2 it tells you how to redeem your airtime by calling the 1-888 number. Your Tracfone must be completely activated before you submit your request. You need your HSN order number, shipping zip code and wireless phone number.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.