Admirer 2
BARBER

Sensors on the Samsung Galaxy Centura

I noticed from looking at the little guide that comes with the phone that there are two dots up at the top of the right side of the screen called Sensors. They look like they are covered by a protective film over the front of the phone but cant tell. My VM Galaxy phone has these too but they were not covered up by anything when I purchased it. Anyone one know what those Sensors do?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

RE: Sensors on the Samsung Galaxy Centura

From the users' manual (page 23):
Proximity Sensor detects how close an object is to the surface of the screen. This is typically used to detect when your face is pressed up against the screen, such as during a phone call. While talking on the phone, the sensor detects talk activity and locks the keypad to prevent accidental key presses.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BARBER

RE: Sensors on the Samsung Galaxy Centura

ok. That makes sense however looks like mine are covered over by some protective film unless they are suppsed to be that way. They are not covered up on my other Samsung phone which still has the protective film over the screen that was on it when I got it. I just wondered if anyone elses seemed like they are covered over.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.