Admirer 3
Zendee

Samsung Galaxy Centura Voice Mail Setup Issue

I know I can't possibly be the only one with an issue trying to get my voice mail to work on this phone...I have been trying since Saturday and feel at this point I am simply getting the run-around from tracfone........when I dial voice mail #86...or press and hold the 1 or dial my own number the phone shows "call ended" after 4-5 seconds of trying to call into voicemail.... I have a feeling Tracfone doesn't know how to fix this problem...I see a couple others on their community forums with same issue....I'm going to give it to the end of the week and then the phone is going back.

Let me know if anyone else has this issue and if it has gotten fixed please explain how.....thanks in advance (PS...transferring my minutes has been a complete nightmare too but that is another story and I posted it on the TS thread.)

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Abraham Lincoln

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Linny535

RE: Samsung Galaxy Centura Voice Mail Setup Issue

try going to the TF website and the forums there.
Techs do reply and they do get to your isssues better there than any other way.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Zendee

Thanks Linny...I went to their community forums yesterday...I think they do work a little faster there. So today on my lunch hour I dialed *86 and voila it worked!!....so my guess is they fixed whatever the voice mail issue was.

My minutes are not fixed yet and the person checking on this said my issue has been escalated to a supervisor but she has no idea how long it will take. .
- Abraham Lincoln

Please use plain text.
New Friend
lisapalmer

Thanks so much for putting this up here. I am having the exact same problem and have been on the phone with tracfone for two nights in a row for an hour or more. In fact I am on the phone with them right now. Do you know what they did to fix it? I believe I am waiting for a ticket to be written up.

What did you do when you got on to activate the voice mail? Press the "1" key, dial *86, or dial your own number?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Frizman

I have spent the last 4 days trying to get my Voicemail setup - have pretty much given up with TF , as they really do not seem to have a answer to this , and lets face it , they simply must be getting 100's of calls on it considering HSN are reported to have sold 23k of there phones.

I have tried pretty much everything *86 , dialing my own number , pressing and holding - every time I get no prompts , just a hangup after 5 seconds. TF have "Reset" my voice mail 3 times , and I have tried setting up from different locations , just in case this is dependant on which cell tower I am hitting , but still nothing..

If anyone ever gets this resolved I would be very grateful if they can receal what the final fix was? , and I wil gladly post here and let everyone know myself..

Regards to all

Friz
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
GardenMama

I have spent the last 4 days trying to get my Voicemail setup - have pretty much given up with TF , as they really do not seem to have a answer to this , and lets face it , they simply must be getting 100's of calls on it considering HSN are reported to have sold 23k of there phones.

I have tried pretty much everything *86 , dialing my own number , pressing and holding - every time I get no prompts , just a hangup after 5 seconds. TF have "Reset" my voice mail 3 times , and I have tried setting up from different locations , just in case this is dependant on which cell tower I am hitting , but still nothing..

If anyone ever gets this resolved I would be very grateful if they can receal what the final fix was? , and I wil gladly post here and let everyone know myself..

Regards to all

Friz

Go to the phone icon, click on it, PRESS & HOLD the number 1. The phone will call your voicemail. Then you should get a prompt. You will need 4 numbers as your password.

FYI Pressing & holding the number 1 will dial your voicemail ANY TIME you need to use it.
The holding part is essential!

Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens.
Douglas Jerrold
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Frizman

Thanks for the advice Gordon , but tried that also. Issue is here is that we never get a prompt , just silence and then a hangup after 5 seconds , have tried entering the last for digits of my phone # , 1111 , 9999 etc , but still no use at all .
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Frizman

UPDATE:

Tried at 08.00 this morning and nothng , could not get a prompt , and disconnected after 5 secs.

Tried at 10.00am and now its working , got a prompt and I was able to setup the voicemail 100% (only slight issue was that for some reason the voicemail defaulted to auto answer ie the phone never rings and the voicemail kicks in within 1 ring) , I did nothing here , not even a call to TF , all I can surmise is that TF have finally got around to switching on the voice mail feature on these phone s, maybe they sold so many , they have had to enable that feature so many phones at atime?.

So anyone that cannot setup your voicemail , my suggestion would be just to wait a few days and see if it starts work on its own..

Regards to all,

Friz

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Zendee

To be honest....they never told me what the voice mail issue was or how they fixed it...in fact they never even contacted me to tell me it was fixed....terrible cusotmer service!!!.....I just happened to try it again on my lunch hour yesterday and it worked.....I have a feeling it is related to the serial number and the new provider for the air time....the tracfone CSR told me they are using a different provider for this new android phone.

Now if they would fix my minutes I would be totally happy but for some reason they can't seem to get my minutes right and this was apparently escalated 2 days ago....I just want my minutes that are rightfully mine.

- Abraham Lincoln

Please use plain text.
Admirer
pammypalm

It took me 5 days to get my voicemail activated. I finally talked to someone at tracfone that I could understand and was somewhat helpful. I had to dial *86 then push 1 for english and 1 again to confirm english. I then followed the prompts and you do have to have a 4 digit password and know how to toggle back and forth to keypad. Accessing voicemail after activation is a bit tricky but can be done. Then again, nothing about this phone is as easy as the other phones or as easy as they made it look on tv. All in all, it could be a fun phone but getting everything done is so very time consuming and frustrating...Also, make sure to watch data minutes being deducted from apps that are supposed to be free.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.