Admirer 3
KERIGA

RE: Samsung Galaxy Centura 738

Responding to your questions, pammypalm:

VOICEMAIL SET-UP
1. Tap the phone icon on the homescreen.
2. Then long press "1" on your keypad. That will take you right to Voicemail, where you may be asked to enter a Passcode. (Select a 4-digit code).
3. What follows are instructions on using the standard greeting or customizing by recording your own.
4. Just follow the prompts that will walk you through the rest of the instructions, including directions on how to repeat a section if necessary, then proceed.

For more info, including Message Playback and Accessing Voicemail From Another Phone, see page 11 of the Samsung Galaxy Centura Quick Reference Manual that came in your package with the phone.

$25 PROMO CARD
As for the $25 Promo Card, sorry, but I can't help because as I attempted to peel off the strip, my number came off with it and shredded into tiny bits and pieces. Yet another stroke of genius in this entire debacle. I managed to retrieve 13 of the 15 digits, but the rest was toast (or shredded wheat).

The website directs those having trouble to an online Customer Service Contact Form, which I completed, along with some choice comments about TracFone's unpreparedness, $tu*pid*ity, ineptitude and unprofessionalism exhibited throughout this entire process. If it was their goal to make it as frustrating and cumbersome as possible, then mission accomplished. I also pointed out to them that they misspelled "recieved" (sic) in their drop-down menu on the Customer Service Contact Form. Typical!

According to the message, a reply will be issued within 48 hours. We'll see. This should be interesting.

Please use plain text.
Admirer
pajeff

My Google Play card was definitely a scratch off, while someone else reported theirs was a peel off.

Redeeming it was a bit of a hassle as you don't just redeem code on card directly at the Google Play store. First you must redeem the card, and then you are given a Google Play code. The web address on the card did not work until I figured out it was case sensitive: thepromocard.com/tracfoneHSN
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
GardenMama

You can add contacts to your Home screen as direct dial shortcuts. When you touch the shortcut, your device will dial the contact's phone number you have selected.

To add a direct dial shortcut to the Home screen, navigate to the Home screen you want to add the shortcut to, and touch Apps Apps Icon . Touch the WIDGETS tab, and scroll through the available widgets until you see Direct dial. Touch and hold the direct dial widget to open the Home screen edit menu. Move the shortcut to the desired location and release. Select the contact you want to call with the shortcut. If the contact has more than one phone number associated with it, touch the phone number you want added as a shortcut. The shortcut is placed on the Home screen, and if the contact you added has a contact photo, the contact photo will appear as the shortcut thumbnail.
Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens.
Douglas Jerrold
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TC93

The free app called Zedge, found in the google play store lets you pick from many different ringtones or wallpaper.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mooncat7

Very interesting. I got an email from HSN asking me to review the Centura. When I came to HSN dot com, it appears the Centura has been removed. It is no longer listed in the phones or Samsung category, and when I click on the link through My Orders, a page for the phone does not appear. That being the case, I will NOT review it unless and until it's "back in the line-up." They are back to selling the 840G for $99.99, when it previously could be had, immediately pre-Centura, for $49.99 on HSN and less than that on the TF website. I'm just not liking the smell of this all that much. Now that I have the phone I like it, but TF's part in promoting, selling and providing customer service for this phone has been abysmal, and right now I'm feeling that TF itself isn't worth taking a chance on with any future phones.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
SPYankee62

Thanks to all who have posted about this situation, especially the additional Tracfone numbers. I have been a Tracfone customer for years, but this experience has been a fiasco. My online conversion did not complete so I am in "limbo". My phone number does not exist to Tracfone, but it is on my new phone. The latest Tracfone call said the problems was that I tried to activate it outside my zipcode. That's true. I tried to activate it at work - 15 miles away. So, now I am waiting 3-5 business days for a new phone to try again. Like someone else posted, you can not return the new phone because they won't reinstate service to the old phone. If the next attempt is not successful, maybe HSN support can help

I agree with previous posts that both HSN and Tracfone dropped the ball on this. The staff in both places were not properly educated on this. Activation instructions and service display should be clear in the demonstration.
As a current Tracfone usere, kept looking on the phone for a prepaid icon that is not going to be there.

Now, I ask for one more clarification - the additional bonus minutes and matching texting and data plans require a second call with the information on the red card?

Also, one more observation - I noticed that data time was being deducted for apps that operate behind the scenes. I think they can be changed, but I haven't figured all that out yet.

Thanks again, everyone
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Zendee

Also, one more observation - I noticed that data time was being deducted for apps that operate behind the scenes. I think they can be changed, but I haven't figured all that out yet.

Thanks again, everyone

n/m....my suggestion was incorrect....we are all learning...:-)

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Abraham Lincoln

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Zendee

I'm beyond frustrated with trying to get my minutes transferred......tomorrow will mark 1 week for me and I can't begin to add up how many hours spent in phone calls and on TF's community forum with their online tech.....I keep being told my issue has been escalated but no one is giving me an answer or time frame on getting this resolved (yes I have called their resolutions office in Miami 3 times this week)......I have a feeling my minutes are gone and seriously doubt I'll ever get them or have them restored to my old phone.....I'm not a heavy cell phone user so a TF was perfect for me but this experience has left me with a sour note towards TF.....my DH bought this phone for me so I'll let him send it back for a refund and I guess I'll need to shop around for something different....maybe try the Virgin Mobile plans....anyone have experience with them?.....I don't want to go from bad service to worse!!!!

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Abraham Lincoln

Please use plain text.
New Friend
babilee

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Centura on 9/24/13, what I really loved about it was the fact that the representative stated that if you transferred your old phone number to this new phone any of your old tracfone minutes would carry over to this phone and would also triple and be split as talk, text, and data. After trying to have Tracfone activate my new phone after 4 calls they finally did, then I found that my minutes were not credited correctly. Tracfone had transferred my old minutes but did not triple and the minutes that came with my new phone from the airtime pin was not credited at all. The representative at Tracfone told me I was misinformed about the minutes I was transferring over and that they do not triple. I called HSN and talked with a supervisor who told me that he had heard about the problem and will make sure that misinformation is not spoke in the future! I am really not happy with his response, He basically told me there was nothing that could be done about it, I told him that we were misinformed and legally they can not sell an item over TV and then not offer what was indicated. The supervisor offered only an apology. I told him customers who purchased this phone should have been contacted about this problem, it caused me alot of frustration since I was not aware that the minutes would not triple and had been on the phone trying to have it corrected with the Tracfone representatives. One of the reasons I got the phone was because I could get triple minutes from my old minutes which my old minutes were a total of 1918 minutes which should have tripled as told over the TV. I am very dissapointed in the way HSN has handled this! Shame on you HSN!!!! By the way after 7 phone calls to Tracfone I did receive the triple minutes that came with the phone but my old minutes will not be tripled!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
ltvo5

I feel badly for all of you who have had such a bad time with your new phone. If we had your experiences, we would be returning it. We have had none of your difficulties. Our old minutes were tripled when we switched along with the data and text added. All of this was done through a TracFone customer service rep who was pleasant and not hard to understand. We did wait a few days after activation to be sure we liked the phone before calling to switch over our old minutes. I sure hope you all get satisfaction soon.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.