New Friend
NHDiane

RE: Samsung Galaxy Centura 738

I am adding my name to someone who is having problems transferring all minutes. On Sat 9/28 the CSR told me I only had 700 minutes WHAT? I had 2878 to transfer. I did successfully add 600 HSN minutes for a total of 1320 minutes text data. I called again and the not so smart person added 2878 to the 1320 so now I have 4194 minutes but still 1320 text/data. IT has been a nightmare trying to get the remaining 2158 to text and data. They keep on escalating my situation but to no avail. I have been told that I couldn't check on the website because that wasn't being updated! Everytime you talk to someone you get different answers The only thing I get is I need to put you on hold for 3 minutes to access your data and I get that every 3 minutes until I finally tell them their 3 minutes are up. Does HSN care about this at all? The TF rep said how EASY and FAST the process would be. someone needs to let her know of the problems we all are having.

I will not lose the 2158 that are due me but at this point I don't know what else to do except to call every day which should not be an option.

If anyone has any numbers I can call, please let me know. I have called the 305 number which put me through to the Phllipines. I have called the 800 ERD number to no avail. I have been told there is a glitch so that the numbers aren't showing up on line, been told they have a confirmation that the 2158 went through but even the text messages from TF tell me what is online which isn't correct.

Glad some people had smooth sailing.

Very disappointed in HSN If anyone has a number to the higher ups, please call them about this problem. HSNcares, really.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
GardenMama

I must be one of th lucky ones on transferring my minutes & number. I did it with the number provided from HSN with no problems & within minutes. My clock set itself. I feel for the ones that are not as lucky.
==================================================================

Quote:KERIGA
jr29, even in the good old days - BC (Before Centura) - TracFone prohibited the use non-TF ringtones, even for the LG 800g and LG 840g. TF barred anything from GOOGLE PLAY and all other outside sources. They won't even allow you to use your own original compositions

==================================================================.

I'm sorry KERIGA but this is wrong. That is what Tracfone wants you to think.

jr29 has the right idea. I have been doing custom ringtones for years. I did it on my LG500 & also on my LG505C. Unfortunately you can not via bluetooth transfer the songs to the Centura.
There is a lot of songs out there for the Centura already. However it will look like they are for Net10 or StraigtTalk.

Umnet with the usual before & after has some & if you Google "Samsung Centura ringtones", I am sure you will find a lot of others.

BTW, you may want to go to Google Play & download a My Files Manger.

Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens.
Douglas Jerrold
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
runnomore

For customized ringtones, I installed Zedge; I was able to find several ringtones to customize certain contacts.

When I had LG 800, I wasn't able to setup my voicemail. I called TF CS and spoke to a few before they were able to set it up. First one said the phone doesn't have voicemail, the other said I should have it and I'm doing something wrong. Finally, the last person said for some reason my phone doesn't have voicemail but then did something on their end and I had voicemail. Just an FYI. I know a lot of time it is user error but sometimes it's programming that TF has to do on their end.

Also, I was able to get my missing data/text balance my using the TF support forum. Maybe people having issues with their service might get a quicker help using the Tracfone website support forum.

I should've added that when I first went on to redeem my google play credit, it gave me a message that I was past the 21-day deadline. I exited out of the browser and went back on the site, I believe it was my third try that it was successful. When you're putting in your code to get the credit on promocard site, there should be 3 fields: date (this should already be filled out; my first two tries it was blank).

I think people who are having such difficulty activating their phone started their activation process online (like me) and had over 1100 minutes to transfer. Also, I didn't have the benefit of this forum to see helpful hints. The instructions weren't clear. When you're activating online, make sure you put in the 15-digit airtime pin/promotion code provided in your shipping slip or the activating process is not complete. Then dial *22890. But if you have more than 1100 minutes on your old phone, call the number provided on the red pamphlet.

If you're clock/time on your phone is off, go to your calendar on your phone and check the setting and make sure the right time zone is checked off. (mine wasn't)
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Linny535

:d/
My phone was having problems getting activated. It is on now.
On the box the phone comes in, is a chart describing the units that each card purchase will give us.
It also tells how much each refill will give us.
By refill I mean there are different prices.
I have had Tracfone for 4 years.
In those 4 years I have upgraded my phone to match the new offers.
Tracfone by including this kind of phone will attract more customers.
So, when I had activation hiccups...](*,) it took a bit longer for it to be fixed than it once did when I had to get help fixing something.
I have watched you tube on this phone :d/
and done other things I could not do with my other ones.
So..as a person mentioned before, HOWARD FORUMS
also:
the Tracfone website has a forum and the techs help from the TF website forum pretty fast.
I will not put a link but if you search tracfone forums it will come up for you.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Linny535

I am adding my name to someone who is having problems transferring all minutes. On Sat 9/28 the CSR told me I only had 700 minutes WHAT? I had 2878 to transfer. I did successfully add 600 HSN minutes for a total of 1320 minutes text data. I called again and the not so smart person added 2878 to the 1320 so now I have 4194 minutes but still 1320 text/data. IT has been a nightmare trying to get the remaining 2158 to text and data. They keep on escalating my situation but to no avail. I have been told that I couldn't check on the website because that wasn't being updated! Everytime you talk to someone you get different answers The only thing I get is I need to put you on hold for 3 minutes to access your data and I get that every 3 minutes until I finally tell them their 3 minutes are up. Does HSN care about this at all? The TF rep said how EASY and FAST the process would be. someone needs to let her know of the problems we all are having.

I will not lose the 2158 that are due me but at this point I don't know what else to do except to call every day which should not be an option.

If anyone has any numbers I can call, please let me know. I have called the 305 number which put me through to the Phllipines. I have called the 800 ERD number to no avail. I have been told there is a glitch so that the numbers aren't showing up on line, been told they have a confirmation that the 2158 went through but even the text messages from TF tell me what is online which isn't correct.

Glad some people had smooth sailing.

Very disappointed in HSN If anyone has a number to the higher ups, please call them about this problem. HSNcares, really.

I am not going to transfer my minutes and time from my old phone.
I have decided to keep the phone and use it till the min & time runs out.
Besides both were gifts to me from my children.
Also may i say that it is better to first get the Centura activated then wait a while before getting the old stuff into the new one.
After reading a few forums about this issue that is what most people feel is the best way to do it.
besides, doing it that way you have time to get used to the new phone while still using the old one.
It is much easier for me to use my LG840G for texts only because I am so used to it that way.
Also:
I have no clue how the hosts got the voice thing to do what it does for you on the phone.
It looked like fun.
Wonder if a Suri type app like JEANNIE would work on this phone?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

: I have no clue how the hosts got the voice thing to do what it does for you on the phone. It looked like fun.

I think she was using the Voice Dialer app that's on the phone. I haven't tried that yet. She also used Google search which is little microphone at the top of your phone screen.

Wonder if a Suri type app like JEANNIE would work on this phone?

You need to look for the Assistant app. It works a lot better than Jeannie.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KERIGA

Here's a quick update on the TIME ZONE issue: My phone went insane again and automatically reset itself. This time, it was only a minus 3-hour time difference. I did the usual but this time, I checked the Automatic settings and powered down, then immediately powered up again. My reasoning is that when you add software to a computer or make other adjustments, they don't take effect until you shut off the device and re-boot. So far, so good.

With the time going wonky for no apparent reason, it's annoying if appointments are scheduled and alarms set, then due to the internal mechanisms, the phone fails to alert.

Here's hoping that it doesn't do the complete shutdown again, in which it's impossible to access any websites. It's an easy solution now that I know what to do, but I don't think it should be necessary to repeat this daily.

Since I'm not on Facebook (and really don't want to join), I'd really appreciate someone summarizing what was said about this problem and how to solve it on the TracFone page.

I really want to thank you, runnomore, GardemMama, and jr29, for clarifying the issue of using non-TracFone ringtones. I'm going to try some of the sources that you've provided.

Years ago, when I left Verizon, I wasn't able to find my favorite ringtone in what was then a very limited selection. I tried one of the many sites available on the Internet and that DL it didn't work. That's when I got the TF warning. Subsequently TF upgraded and extended its selections, so when I finally found what I wanted on their website, I never looked back, except to ask about a few I couldn't find. That's when they again said, "No." Fingers crossed that on the sites you've suggested I find the three I was using on my old LGs. Thanks for the info.

Please use plain text.
Admirer
pammypalm

A nightmare getting activated and minutes transfered. Got that sorted but still can't activate voice mail or the $25 google play card...any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mooncat7

As far as voice instead of text, I found these two solutions (which are the same/similar but described a bit differently) on other forums. I have done the first one and it seems to work fine.

First go to your settings and under language and input, make sure to check google voice typing. Then when you bring up your keyboard (as like to send a text) at the bottom of the keyboard, there is a 123Sym square and right next to it should be the mic symbol. If that isn't there, and instead there's a little gear symbal, press and hold that and the mic will pop up to allow you to change to the mic.

When you go to your text messaging, click on your "Type message" as if you are going to type a message. At the top left of the phone there will be a little keyboard icon, slide down from the top and you should see "Select Input Method." Click on it and now you will see "Google Voice Typing, "Samsung Keyboard" and "Configure Input Methods." Click on Configure Input Methods. Now click on on Samsung Keyboard and turn off "Predictive Text." Done.

As far as asking questions, etc. - on the main screen, at the right of the search bar at the top of the screen is a mic icon. Click it. It will ask you if you want to use Chrome or another browser. Then touch the mic and speak. I asked it "find Starbucks." It asked me if I wanted to turn on Location and I touched Yes. Google search then popped up with all the local Starbucks.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Linny535

Good points about this phone.
When you first turn it on it does at the very top in tiny fonts...give you your bank info.
The three banks balances do show .
Not sure? But I think once you have signed in to your GMAIL GOOGLE account not only can you manage the emails there but if you are subscribed to any You Tube channels and what not, the new ones show up in your phone at your GMAIL account.
Also:
I read where a few people went shopping
and forgot the things they needed for a recipe and just searched via voice GOOGLE
and saw the recipe and got the things needed for it.

True this phone has a few bugs and burps and maybe even hiccups...
but it does seem to be helpful in searching when you do not have access to a PC or do not take your Tablet along shopping.
So...
the phone also of each time an email goes into your Gmail inbox and you can view it then delete from the screen without having to go to a computer to check them.
Once I got the hang of these features it is growing on me.
Not saying I am 100% happy, but I am slowly making baby steps to that.
What is not so good is the division of the BUCKETS.
I was used to simple
you have so and so many minutes and so and so much time remaining across the screen.
If they can do this I would be much happier with this phone.
I am keeping this phone because I do think in time it will be worth the price just to do all the different things easier on this phone , internet search is pretty handy...
ok that is for today..
learning new things helps.
:d/
I have much to learn about this phone.

Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.