Admirer 2
mooncat7

RE: Samsung Galaxy Centura 738

Thank you Arlene, that's great to know! If they don't get it right for me within an hour, I'll use the Executive phone #. This is a dumb question I'm sure, but where do you look (on the phone, or online?) to see if it's all there *before* you hang up with them?
Please use plain text.
New Friend
arinta

Just wanted to add my name to those who have had problems with transferring minutes to Samsung Galaxy Tracfone. I did the activation and transfer of number online. Dialed the * number and got a confirmation message that the phone had been activated. I made a call and it went smoothly. Then I went to check online what my balance showing was and this is where the problem started. Online would bring up no information on my minutes and I should try later. Later in the day I tried again and still no information. I tried to may a call on the new phone and I got a voice message that I had no hours available to make a call. What??? It was suppose to transfer 1800 minutes. So I called customer service and rep had me put in the * number again and try to make a call. No luck. She told me this would need to be sent to another department. It's late here so I will give it until tomorrow morning then call to see if any progress has been made to correct this problem.

This is my third Tracfone from HSN and this is the worse problem I've had to deal with. I agree with those that said HSN and Tracfone should have made sure most of the bugs were corrected before selling this phone. Having no place to find your balance on a phone that offers all these different apps is really silly. If I could easily transfer my minutes back to my old phone I would do it and return this one.

UPDATE: I had to call customer service twice and as of today they still don't understand that the minutes I had on my old phone should be the same for the new phone under talk, text and data. Not divided into those three. So then I called the call ERD 800 number and the person gave me my minutes for talk but the other two stayed the same. Well I am tired of this and will give myself a break before I make my decision of what to do.
Thanks to all for the information posted here it really has help a lot.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
ArleneHu

mooncat7, not a dumb question at all. We're all learning as we go along. Go to the Tracfone website.
At the top of the screen, tap on Check Balance. It will take you to the login screen, where it asks for your phone no. and last 4 digits of your serial no. (Sometimes it only asks for the phone no.). Fill it in and tap Submit. I put a shortcut to this login screen on my desktop in case I end up using it a lot by saving it as a bookmark, then going to the bookmark and long pressing it. This calls up a menu which shows create a shortcut as an option. Hope this helps and good luck.

Please use plain text.
Admirer
taurus2313

Thanks Arlene! Yes you are one of the fortunate ones for sure. I along with many others have no had such luck but there have been many like yourselves where the port/transfer went along without a hitch. I dont know why it works well for some and not for others. At first I thought that it may have been users on the AT&T network might have been having a more difficult time than those already on the Verizion side but that seemed not to be the case. It might be tied to the phones themselves, I dont know..All I know is that Tracfone totally drained me today (physically, mentally and emotionally) and I will not be talking to anyone else from TF unless they are from Executive Resolutions dept. here in the USA.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mooncat7

Thanks again, Arlene :-)

Taurus, I feel your pain. I work full time and am away from home 10 hours a day. There is only so much time emotionally I want to give to issues such as you and others have had. I'll give it a good try when my phone arrives and hope for the best, but I do have a Plan B which, while it will be more expensive and not Tracfone, will still be do-able - with a live, in person flesh and blood CS rep. More $$ but less hassle in the short run. Fingers crossed and we shall see. I feel for everyone who has had the clueless CS reps and the bad luck. I could well be you in a few days.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Michaelsd

I has the same problem and was going crazy w/this phone. I could not see how many minutes were on this phone at all, and if their was really 600 Minutes.. I went through everything on this phone, and could not find how much minutes display at all, but..my other Tracphone show the minutes which I has now for 4 year. So I called Tracfone to transfer my minutes over this one but He could not do it , and believes me these tech or so-called tech are reading from scripted and probably out side the Country. He told me to write time the minutes that you use, and I told Him, I don't know if their are really 600 minutes at all, he could not answer me. I just want a phone where know how many minutes are left..and most feel the sames The phone is pack and is already to be ship back to Virginia this Monday.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
elshopper55

I to, had a horrible experience with TF. I did the online transfer for my old TF to the new Samsung and the phone still would not work, so the next morning I called and was on the phone for 1hr. trying to get it to work. She told me I could not transfer my 1391 min. over because they were not Android min. and she could not give me text or data either. She said I would (when I need more time) have to add the Android cards and not the usual TF cards. I could not make her understand what they were saying on HSN. Finally I got so fed up I told her to put my minutes back on my old phone and I was sending this one back. She told me she has to send me a new sim card which will take 3-5 days. After getting off the phone with her I checked my balance on the new phone and I had received all my minutes. text and data like I should have. I still could not get the phone to work, so I called again was on the phone for 45 min. this time. The guy told me to go to a wireless hot spot (like MC Donalds) in my area and log on to google to get the phone work. Can you believe that? He just wanted to get me off the phone. I am 62 yrs. old and this phone is very confusing to me. I am very frustruated and will probably send it back and wait for an Android phone that has ATT and T Mobile service. I think I will try it for a few weeks to see what kind of reception I get but its probably going back. If anyone can tell me how to unlock my wireless at home please let me know. I have a laptop that I use and have no problem getting on line. I have a feeling HSN will be getting a lot of phones back. I also don't like the idea that you can't see how many days, min. text and data you have on the phone. They need to fix this problem.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Linny535

](*,)

This phone may have to go back.
I got a call from a TF TECH saying that
but they now tell me it won't.
No wonder it will not activate.
No coverage .
#-o

I do hope I can restore my phone back to the other one.:-&
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
runnomore

I received this phone on 9/26 and tried to port/activate my phone on 9/27: what a headache! I had 1245 minutes but it only transferred 1100 when I did it online. This is the first time I tried porting/activating online; I usually call and have it running wihin an hour or less. I tried the Tracfone website forum to get assistance to get rest of my minutes plus the 600 minutes that came with the phone but was unsuccessful. I then tried calling the number provided with the phone but I could never get a live person and the voice prompts were of no use to me. I then read instructions again and realized I missed a step: *22890. I still only had 1100 minutes and was not able to make a call on my new phone. Then I went back to Tracfone website and signed in and by trial and error, I put in the Activation Code/Airtime Pin that was on the shipping order (it's a 15-digit number under Tracking No.). After I did this, my phone was finally activated. I called CS to see about the missing 145 minutes. After awhile, I finally got the 145 missing minutes but only the minutes, not in texts/data, but I didn't know this until I checked online to check my balance. I'm going to let this go because it took forever for them to get my 145 missing minutes and to try to explain that I should've gotten that also in texts and data wouldn't be worth it.

After I downloaded some apps (I was successfully able to redeem google play) I turned off wi-fi off my phone to conserve battery and my phone must've syncing with google mail/calendar or whatever because when I checked my data the next day, a lot of data/mbs were subtracted. (It's good thing that the data/minutes are separate bank otherwise I would've been in a lot of trouble.) Before with the LG 840 when I was using the cell mobile instead of wi-fi I usually knew it pretty quickly because it would subtract minutes but with the Samsung Centura, unless you make a point of checking your balance pretty regularly, you could lose a lot of data balance. I went to settings and turned off the sync (sync is on default) and also disabled mobile web (that way I have to go that extra step to use the data balance). I was using a lot of data because it was syncing everything and updating.

If you have less than 1100 minutes to transfer then you probably shouldn't have problem transfering/porting your service, just make sure that when you're activating your phone online, there's a field for 15-number airtime pin or promotional code or something like that (this is the 15-number that's on your shipping order). Then you have to call *22890. The reason it took me sooooo long to activate is because I thought the 600 bonus minutes was already loaded onto the phone (isn't that what the presenter said?) but you have to put in that promotional code in the field.

PROS:

1) Googleplay. I was able to redeem the 25 credit. I have a few games which work well. Netflix works well. Overdrive Media Console works (slow though). Pandora is not working for me.
2) Much better reception than LG 840.

CONS:

1) No airtime balance. This sucks more than I thought.
2) Camera sucks! Does not focus and no flash. Only one camera; no front-facing camera.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
GemFX

I received my Samsung yesterday and followed the instructions that came in the package.

It can be very frustrating so I walked away several times during the process. If you have not used a touch-screen phone before, as I have not, know that the device is very "touchy" for lack of a better description. Learning Curve! It took me over an hour to enter 6 contacts into the "People" section. The keyboard is very very sensitive.

FIRST, charge your device. As it's charging locate your phone number. At the base of the device is a tiny icon that looks like a document = touch this and select "System Settings" . New screen appears, scroll down and select "About Phone" Next screen, scroll down and select "Status". Scroll part way down and you will see "My Phone #" Write this # down.

NOW This is an important piece of info I was given by a Tracfone Rep - the is the HSN Simply Wireless access:

TO ACTIVATE YOUR PROMOTIONAL MINUTES:

THIS IS A TOLL FREE NUMBER HSN HAS SET UP:

1-888-222-8484

HAVE YOUR PACKING SLIP IN HAND AND YOUR CARD WITH SERIAL NUMBER FOR YOUR DEVICE:

You need your CUSTOMER # AND the ACTIVATION PIN (Look at the Top Right hand part of your invoice, it should be listed just below the item price)

FOLLOW THE VOICE PROMPTS. THERE IS A SELECTION FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS -
WHERE YOU COULD ASK ABOUT XFER EXISTING MINUTES

You can either register the Samsung DEVICE online at tracphone.com or by calling 1-800-867-7183. I found calling to be easier.

This number should walk you through an automated instructions. Following this step, from you Samsung, dial *22890 and you should receive a confrmation message.

THIS IS THE TRICKY PART. WHEN YOU TRY TO MAKE A CALL, YOU CAN DIAL AND IT WILL CONNECT TO THE CARRIER FOR YOUR AREA. A VOICE GREETING WILL INSTRUCT YOU - BUT _ YOU SEE A RED TELEPHONE HANDSET ICON AND NO DIALPAD THIS IS CONFUSING!

THERE IS AN ICON AT THE BOTTOM LEFT EDGE OF THE PHONE THAT LOOKS LIKE A TINY GRID. SWIPE OVER IT AND THAT BRINGS UP THE KEYPAD. YOU ENTER THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER. YOU CAN FIND YOUR NUMBER IN "SYSTEMS" ON THE DEVICE (explained above)

Just wanted to add, I spoke with two TF reps, the first poor guy sounded like he was in the Rainforest somewhere, I asked to speak with another Rep, who was a great guy, very patient. He gave me the HSN Simply Wireless # (above)
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.