Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 06.01.2013 11:10 AM
Is this the latest Kindle HD tablet? I thought they were 16 and 32 gigabyte...

I have a Nook color is this much different than the Nook?

I'm an Amazon Prime member - I wish I could download and borrow books on Amazon Prime, but I have the Nook :smileysad:
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 06.02.2013 3:06 AM
thank you ladies for your sage advice. I had some errands to run today. I appreciate your time and the info shared. I did check out this one was the 8 gb Kindle and they have the 16 and 32 gb Kindles for about the same price...

I generally get the Trac fones because we aren't big talkers and the prepaid makes sense for us - I realize it isn't a fancy phone but I've had the nice Blackberries and paid the price - won't do that now...

Thank you all again, God bless, be well :smileyhappy:
AuntieHead456 | New Friend | 06.01.2013 8:05 PM
Is this the first generation Kindle Fire or the second generation one ?
sjmplus1 | Admirer 1 | 06.01.2013 7:23 PM
As usual, HSN is trying to take advantage of gullible people and overcharge you for an old device. NO, this isnt the KINDLE FIRE HD. Go to Amazon.com, an 8gb tablet is 159. I havent investigated too much cuz im not interested but I dont even think this one has a camera. Also realize with a Kindle, you are limited to Amazon's appstore and services. Many apps that are on Google Play are not available on Amazon , although that probably wont mean much to most of you. But at least know what youre buying. Technology moves fast in this world and unless its a steep discount, you dont really want years old technology. Dont you often wonder--- companies seem to often dump their old electronics to get rid of them. I loved the other day when they had some Tmobile phone and they were showing a prepaid phone box that doesnt even exist anymore. And again, they were misleading people into telling them they were going to get unlimited data. There is a big asterisk on that...if youre getting the basic 50$ plan youre only getting 500mb of high speed data before they slow your speeds to the point its virtually impossible to do anything. A gain, most of you may not use your cell phones much and just want to talk and text and maybe once in a while check things...This is fine for you...But my point is that you should know what youre buying and its irresponsible for the hosts and guests to mislead you. Its funny how they all say they wish they could go on a contract free phone and Ill bet you 90% or more of them have iPhones and iPads...and if not, they have a top of the line Android phone. Theyre not doing low end contract free plans. But then again whatever phone, tablet etc they are selling is always the 'best' and always the one they use or want. Its just sad that they take advantage of these uninformed old ladies wanting to be 'friends' with their TV companions. Its all marketing strategy...Dont yo notice how they always tell the callers "Im happy to MEET you"...Youre not meeting them - youre talking to them on the phone...but theyre trying to build a relationship and make you think theyre your friend. Theyre a sales person and they sell whatever their bosses tell them. I rarely buy but have had to watch for a research paper Im writing and god knows they give me a lot of material to use as examples.
AuntieHead456 | New Friend | 06.01.2013 7:12 PM
I am a huge Kindle fan and user. I have the first generation Fire. I am wondering if I should upgrade to the one being shown as the TSV ?? Any suggestions ??
CatLover57 | Admirer | 06.01.2013 1:56 PM
It's not the HD Kindle Fire.
It's the non HD Fire that Amazon sells (assuming this one has no special offers) for $174. Keep in mind that while Amazon has "cloud storage" that you can't expand the memory.
You can go to Amazon and compare the Kindle Fires.
LEATHER | Inspirer 1 | 06.01.2013 12:24 PM
this one is the same as the one I bought from HSN last Christmas. only difference you get the case and flash charger. I do love mine and for me 8g is fine. I have amazon Prime and also download from the library.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

Question on Kindle Fire

Is this the latest Kindle HD tablet? I thought they were 16 and 32 gigabyte...

I have a Nook color is this much different than the Nook?

I'm an Amazon Prime member - I wish I could download and borrow books on Amazon Prime, but I have the Nook :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
LEATHER

RE: Question on Kindle Fire

this one is the same as the one I bought from HSN last Christmas. only difference you get the case and flash charger. I do love mine and for me 8g is fine. I have amazon Prime and also download from the library.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
CatLover57

It's not the HD Kindle Fire.
It's the non HD Fire that Amazon sells (assuming this one has no special offers) for $174. Keep in mind that while Amazon has "cloud storage" that you can't expand the memory.
You can go to Amazon and compare the Kindle Fires.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
AuntieHead456

I am a huge Kindle fan and user. I have the first generation Fire. I am wondering if I should upgrade to the one being shown as the TSV ?? Any suggestions ??
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
sjmplus1

As usual, HSN is trying to take advantage of gullible people and overcharge you for an old device. NO, this isnt the KINDLE FIRE HD. Go to Amazon.com, an 8gb tablet is 159. I havent investigated too much cuz im not interested but I dont even think this one has a camera. Also realize with a Kindle, you are limited to Amazon's appstore and services. Many apps that are on Google Play are not available on Amazon , although that probably wont mean much to most of you. But at least know what youre buying. Technology moves fast in this world and unless its a steep discount, you dont really want years old technology. Dont you often wonder--- companies seem to often dump their old electronics to get rid of them. I loved the other day when they had some Tmobile phone and they were showing a prepaid phone box that doesnt even exist anymore. And again, they were misleading people into telling them they were going to get unlimited data. There is a big asterisk on that...if youre getting the basic 50$ plan youre only getting 500mb of high speed data before they slow your speeds to the point its virtually impossible to do anything. A gain, most of you may not use your cell phones much and just want to talk and text and maybe once in a while check things...This is fine for you...But my point is that you should know what youre buying and its irresponsible for the hosts and guests to mislead you. Its funny how they all say they wish they could go on a contract free phone and Ill bet you 90% or more of them have iPhones and iPads...and if not, they have a top of the line Android phone. Theyre not doing low end contract free plans. But then again whatever phone, tablet etc they are selling is always the 'best' and always the one they use or want. Its just sad that they take advantage of these uninformed old ladies wanting to be 'friends' with their TV companions. Its all marketing strategy...Dont yo notice how they always tell the callers "Im happy to MEET you"...Youre not meeting them - youre talking to them on the phone...but theyre trying to build a relationship and make you think theyre your friend. Theyre a sales person and they sell whatever their bosses tell them. I rarely buy but have had to watch for a research paper Im writing and god knows they give me a lot of material to use as examples.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
AuntieHead456

Is this the first generation Kindle Fire or the second generation one ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

thank you ladies for your sage advice. I had some errands to run today. I appreciate your time and the info shared. I did check out this one was the 8 gb Kindle and they have the 16 and 32 gb Kindles for about the same price...

I generally get the Trac fones because we aren't big talkers and the prepaid makes sense for us - I realize it isn't a fancy phone but I've had the nice Blackberries and paid the price - won't do that now...

Thank you all again, God bless, be well :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
6 Replies
06.01.2013 11:10 AM
0 Smiles
5 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...