eninja67 | Admirer | 12.23.2010 4:05 AM
For those who have purchased the Nextbook3, and it's not powering on, go to www.nextbookusa.com for tech support. I don't know if this will help much, but it can be a start. I purchased the Nextbook3 a few days ago, and now it won't power up at all today. I tried several times to start it up, but no luck. Will contact Nextbookusa tommorow and see if they can help. I was very pleased with this product at first, but now I'm having second thoughts about this product. I think HSN needs to have better quality control on an item, before selling a product to the public. I think it was pushed to fast, and not tested. If Nextbookusa can't help, it's going back to HSN! A holiday gift to myself turned to disappointment :smileysad:.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
rls8899 | New Friend | 01.08.2011 1:46 PM
Well I love my Next3 but I noticed whenever I charged it overnight it would never turn on afterwards. I didnt want to reset it so I hooked it up with the USB cord provide to my laptop and it powered right up. That solve that problem. I am still debating if I should send back. I really like it and for the price I paid its well worth it. I reserached the web and found a bunch of APPs I was able to download to it. I also added the NOOK app and it works fine! I have to the end of the month to decide. But I will purchase a new ac adapter cord to see if it solves the power problem.
rae77 | Admirer | 12.27.2010 4:17 AM
Oh and one more thing... I filled out the tech form on their website and they responded within 10 hours offering to send me out a new charger!
rae77 | Admirer | 12.27.2010 4:15 AM
Just following up on my ac adapter issue..
Hubby checked it out that night and we realized there was a small piece of plastic that was blocking the metal to metal connection. It was almost like where the machine must punch out the slits, it didn't get it all punched out. We got it out and I haven't had any issues since.
Sugabear961 | New Friend | 12.25.2010 6:37 PM
My girlfriend opened her nextbook gift this morning and it would not power on. By chance I hooked it up to my computer via the usb cord. Ater a few seconds it booted up right away and continues to work as advertized. I even turned off a couple of times and it boots up after the power button is pressed. I hope this helps out others out there.
Vernie189 | Admirer 1 | 12.24.2010 1:03 PM
I ordered 2 Next3's. One works beautifully, the other has the same power issues that others have been having. I've tried all the suggestions I've read but nothing has worked. And I know it's not the power supply as both cords work on the Next3 that works and neither will power on the one that doesn't. It might be a screen issue since my PC recognizes it as a new device when I connect it, but the Next3 screen remains dark.

The display is gorgeous on the one that works. On the plus side, the larger screen does make reading books and viewing web pages nicer. On the negative side, it's heavier than the Next2 and difficult to manage with just one hand. I haven't decided if I want a replacement device or if I'll just stick with my Next2, which I really like.
eninja67 | Admirer | 12.23.2010 6:36 PM
I think I solved my problem with the powering up issues. It`s the POWER SUPPLY! I used another charger with same voltage and amps, and SUPRISE, it turned on. I suggest others to try this. You can buy chargers at you local Walmart and Radio Shack. HSN and NextbookUSA need to address this problem. If you look at the charger, it`s designed for other adaptation to other places outside the US.
DEDREA | Admirer 2 | 12.23.2010 5:15 PM
I had the same problem. I charged it and then couldn't get it to power on. I pushed the reset button several times on the back and it has started every since with no problems. So if you can't get it to turn on, try holding the power button for a few seconds and then pushing the reset button on the back. I used a paper clip to get into the tiny reset hole.
techhead962 | Admirer 1 | 12.23.2010 3:26 PM
I looked into this and figured out most people are probably charging the by USB(in the computer) or plugged into your headphone jack(same size as power adapter). If anyone has issues look on the bottom of the unit and make sure the AC adapter is plugged into the port marked DC, if that does not work call E Fun for support and they can help. You can also try to plug into the pc to get it to boot up. Good luck everyone this should get you up and going.
Pepperdine65 | New Friend | 12.23.2010 2:48 PM
I had the Nextbook 2 and used it for about 3 weeks. I had trouble connecting to the internet and it would not update my location. Frustrating. I boxed it up and sent it back after no resolution. I ordered the nextbook3 and cannot even get it to power on. I charged the battery all day and still NOTHING. I emailed and called Nextbook USA but cannot get a human on the phone. . . sigh. I think this one is going back too. I have friends who have Kindles and Nook Color. . .maybe I should check into one of those.
pistolpete52 | Admirer 2 | 12.23.2010 12:19 PM
don't know if you'll get anywhere with nextbookusa or not. i contacted them two days ago and have not heard anything back from them. guess they are busy with all the other people with the same problem.
HSN said they were sorry and would be upset if it happened to the one they ordered (i got news for them-it will) and did not offer any solution even a return.

For the most pare, the CSR's for the Nextbook are clueless about this device. When I had my Nextbook2, I called a couple of times and they had no idea on how to solve my problems.
Zendee | Admirer 3 | 12.23.2010 12:04 PM
Troz...did you contact them via email? If yes, please check your spam/junk mail folder just in case a reply ended up there. Sometimes our spam filters block emails we want to receive. Worth checking just in case.
troz | Admirer | 12.23.2010 9:54 AM
don't know if you'll get anywhere with nextbookusa or not. i contacted them two days ago and have not heard anything back from them. guess they are busy with all the other people with the same problem.
HSN said they were sorry and would be upset if it happened to the one they ordered (i got news for them-it will) and did not offer any solution even a return.
rae77 | Admirer | 12.23.2010 4:37 AM
Not sure however, I ordered three of these and realized one charger was not working at all. That particular Next3 obviously wasn't powering up after a day of playing. I plugged in a different charger and now it is on and charging up. Going to purchase an adapter tomorrow hopefully.

P.S. I DID fill out the tech support at nextbookusa, shouldn't have to deal with something as trivial as a bunk ac adapter!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
eninja67

Nextbook3 not powering on. Contact www.nextbookusa.com

For those who have purchased the Nextbook3, and it's not powering on, go to www.nextbookusa.com for tech support. I don't know if this will help much, but it can be a start. I purchased the Nextbook3 a few days ago, and now it won't power up at all today. I tried several times to start it up, but no luck. Will contact Nextbookusa tommorow and see if they can help. I was very pleased with this product at first, but now I'm having second thoughts about this product. I think HSN needs to have better quality control on an item, before selling a product to the public. I think it was pushed to fast, and not tested. If Nextbookusa can't help, it's going back to HSN! A holiday gift to myself turned to disappointment :smileysad:.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
rae77

RE: Nextbook3 not powering on. Contact www.nextbookusa.com

Not sure however, I ordered three of these and realized one charger was not working at all. That particular Next3 obviously wasn't powering up after a day of playing. I plugged in a different charger and now it is on and charging up. Going to purchase an adapter tomorrow hopefully.

P.S. I DID fill out the tech support at nextbookusa, shouldn't have to deal with something as trivial as a bunk ac adapter!
Please use plain text.
Admirer
troz

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Zendee

Troz...did you contact them via email? If yes, please check your spam/junk mail folder just in case a reply ended up there. Sometimes our spam filters block emails we want to receive. Worth checking just in case.
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Abraham Lincoln

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
pistolpete52

For the most pare, the CSR's for the Nextbook are clueless about this device. When I had my Nextbook2, I called a couple of times and they had no idea on how to solve my problems.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Pepperdine65

I had the Nextbook 2 and used it for about 3 weeks. I had trouble connecting to the internet and it would not update my location. Frustrating. I boxed it up and sent it back after no resolution. I ordered the nextbook3 and cannot even get it to power on. I charged the battery all day and still NOTHING. I emailed and called Nextbook USA but cannot get a human on the phone. . . sigh. I think this one is going back too. I have friends who have Kindles and Nook Color. . .maybe I should check into one of those.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
techhead962

I looked into this and figured out most people are probably charging the by USB(in the computer) or plugged into your headphone jack(same size as power adapter). If anyone has issues look on the bottom of the unit and make sure the AC adapter is plugged into the port marked DC, if that does not work call E Fun for support and they can help. You can also try to plug into the pc to get it to boot up. Good luck everyone this should get you up and going.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
DEDREA

I had the same problem. I charged it and then couldn't get it to power on. I pushed the reset button several times on the back and it has started every since with no problems. So if you can't get it to turn on, try holding the power button for a few seconds and then pushing the reset button on the back. I used a paper clip to get into the tiny reset hole.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
eninja67

I think I solved my problem with the powering up issues. It`s the POWER SUPPLY! I used another charger with same voltage and amps, and SUPRISE, it turned on. I suggest others to try this. You can buy chargers at you local Walmart and Radio Shack. HSN and NextbookUSA need to address this problem. If you look at the charger, it`s designed for other adaptation to other places outside the US.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Vernie189

I ordered 2 Next3's. One works beautifully, the other has the same power issues that others have been having. I've tried all the suggestions I've read but nothing has worked. And I know it's not the power supply as both cords work on the Next3 that works and neither will power on the one that doesn't. It might be a screen issue since my PC recognizes it as a new device when I connect it, but the Next3 screen remains dark.

The display is gorgeous on the one that works. On the plus side, the larger screen does make reading books and viewing web pages nicer. On the negative side, it's heavier than the Next2 and difficult to manage with just one hand. I haven't decided if I want a replacement device or if I'll just stick with my Next2, which I really like.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
13 Replies
12.23.2010 4:05 AM
0 Smiles
11 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...