BosJerseyGirl | Admirer 2 | 06.20.2011 10:16 PM
Call me a fool, but I ordered the Today's Special on Father's Day. It was the Nextbook Premium 7. My Nextbook 3 is back at E Fun for the 3rd time. If there is anything wrong with this one. HSN will get it back this time. I sure hope the glitches are out of this one. Maybe it's a flash issue for all the others. E fun wouldn't upgrade mine to the new one and told me they are just doing this as a courtesy. They aren't obligated to give me something other then the 3 or pay for the shipping to send it back. So far I have paid almost $50 to ship this thing back. I am only going to get something from the same batch because I know they aren't making the 3 anymore.
They sold 20,000 of the Premium 7. I will post a review once I get it.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
KATHY1 | New Friend | 06.23.2011 5:43 PM
I ordered the TS on June 19th for the Nextbook, and was so excited to have an affordable tablet. Received it on Wed. June 22nd, and charged it up overnight. Today I tried to turn it on, and it will not stay on. I can get the Nextbook home page to come on, and then the thing quickly shuts off. Tried resetting the device in the little pinhole. That does no good. This is the second time I have tried Nextbook, and probably the last. No matter how good they make it sound on TV, if it won't stay on, I can't use it. Think I'll spend a little more for a more reliable product.
smoojazz | New Friend | 06.23.2011 4:56 PM
I received the Premium 7 yesterday and I can't get the darn thing to stay on. It came with a pretty full battery and I even charged it 8 hours. As far as I get with it is, the time and date screen and then an updating screen and then it shuts off. I tried to reset it, but that isn't working. Does anyone else have that problem? The Customer Service Rep. said they sold 20,000 of these in one day. What a nightmare if they have problems. It makes me wonder if they just want to get YOUR $ in their account for a couple of weeks before they have to refund it. When you think of 20,000 nextbooks @ $200.00, that adds up to some interest $ in their bank account! :-# They should have tried them out before selling them.
PinkSalmon | Admirer | 06.23.2011 2:37 PM
I investigated further and found all the free apps in a special folder that I had overlooked when I opened the box. It contains free app for Quick office pro etc - the directions give all the log ins and passwords / serial numbers. I was able to download Kindle from the free apps on Amazon for droid - Kindle is so much better than what came with the nextbook! I was not able to download the free amazon store app from the amazon site - all I got were error messages. Perhaps that has more to do with something on Amazon. I have not completely figured out everything - but it's coming along.
mable | New Friend | 06.23.2011 1:39 PM
Autumn Rose is correct. I had to go to Amazon and download the App. Still don't know how to text. If anyone figures it out, please let us know. It really shouldn't be this difficult.
BosJerseyGirl | Admirer 2 | 06.23.2011 9:58 AM
I ordered one of these also. BosJerseyGirl, what was wrong with your Nextbook3 (so I and others can be on the lookout)?

tiger4062 my Nextbook 3 had all sorts of problems. I returned it 3 times. It is still out at the manufacturer as I type this. I see I am not the only fool who reordered the 7. LOL! My 3 would do a Force Close on me and you couldn't turn it off except for a pin in the back and then couldn't get into it once that happened. If you see that once return it immediately.
I figured the Apps they said we would get for the 7 would be a trial run. No on gets office for free. I didn't care about that for I don't use it.
I don't see where the free texting is either, and somehow I think that may be a trial run as well. I also thought the Amazon App would be installed into the tablet. If the Slidme App doesn't have it, go to Amazon.com or from Google type in Amazon App. I forgot how I did it for my phone. I don't know how to get the free apps everyday like Aaron said you get. I tried it on my phone and they wanted me to pay.

Those of you who got it, please tell me the power button jiggles/moves when you just touch it. It didn't do that on the Nextbook3.
PinkSalmon | Admirer | 06.23.2011 4:16 AM
I got mine today - not only no Amazon App - but the officesuite which is supposed to be free is not - there is only a trial. Someone did not do this right - I think they are going to get alot of them back.
Autumnrose | New Friend | 06.22.2011 8:38 PM
Mable, I remember the fast talking sales guy during the presentation mention that you have to go to Amazon.com to download the Amazon App.

I'm still waiting on my Nextbook to be delivered. I tried the Velocity tablet from another shopping a few months ago and returned it. I'm hoping the Nextbook 7 is better. If not I'm returning it.

A friend of mine just recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab and she loves it. She let me try it out and if the Nextbook doesn't work I might buy the Galaxy Tab.
mable | New Friend | 06.22.2011 3:10 PM
I just got my Nextbook. The hosts said I could text for free. I can't figure out how to do this. Anyone know? Also, there is no Amazon App. So far I like it, but I'm pretty frustrated with everything not being as easy as they imply. Thanks!
rodfarthing | New Friend | 06.22.2011 1:16 PM
Just received my Nextbook Premium 7 yesterday. Decent build, fairly responsive screen, not too much lag in changing screens. Hooked up to my home and work WiFi easily. Seems to last a decent time for battery life. Sound is a bit tinny, but OK. Have not tried YouTube, but other video seems OK. Ebookreader software is OK, a bit clunky. There is NO microphone , Bluetooth, camera, or GPS (nor was any of that indicated there would be), so some programs that require that do not work. The lack of a microphone is a big downer for me (voice search). Not sure if it is a keeper, time will tell!
Fled | Admirer | 06.22.2011 4:16 AM
I have the Next3 8.4", when Youtube upgraded their system, the videos wouldn't play on the Next3, I had to download an app I found online to get them to play but you can't control the volume ... I too ordered the Nextbook Premium 7 hoping I can unload the Next3 to someone else since Nextbook told be in an email that it is NOT upgradable.
jeannellen | Admirer 3 | 06.21.2011 9:48 PM
I ordered the Nextbook 7 Premium too. I had the Nextbook2 and 3 and returned both as they were defective. I am hoping that E Fun worked the kinks out and that the 7 Premium works as advertised. I am thinking positive about the newest tablet. But if it's defective like the other two, well, back it will go too.
tiger4062 | Admirer 2 | 06.21.2011 8:46 PM
I ordered one of these also. BosJerseyGirl, what was wrong with your Nextbook 3 (so I and others can be on the lookout)?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
ladyplf

RE: Nextbook Premium 7

I am gonna send my next7 back. It is an ok cheap android tablet but I'd rather have something solid and from a company I trust. I ordered the next3 last year for my niece and the screen cracked a few months in without even being dropped or crushed. I contacted efun and we swapped emails regarding repair and I was told too bad so sad we only repair under warranty and the screen is not covered. I explained I didn't want a FREE replacement just some info on where and how to get it fixed. They then started to block my emails. [-(

So I don't trust them. And my next7 when I connect it to my pc via usb it cycles on and off over and over and I can never get it to stay connected in order to move data back an forth. I will replace the next7 with either a nook tablet or a samsung galaxy player 5 or an ipod touch.

The truth is you get what you pay for and the nextbooks are cheap for a reason. ;-);
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Davidg25

to Yahie,
yes I'm having that exact problem. It charges all nite and in the morning it says 90%. After using it an hr or two I'm getting a low battery signal. I've let it go black then recharge for multiple hrs and still the same problme. Last nite after charging for 12 hrs I played streaming video and it lasted barely two hrs. I'm sending it back, as it seems like the early ones had charging and battery issues as well. If I can't use it while flying etc it really does me no good. Think I'm more impressed with the Nook and the backup help from Barnes and Nobles. I'm returning my nextbook, though truthfully if it worked right seemed pretty easy to use.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
whatyoutalkinbou

How come on my nextbook premium7 when i try to acces the slide me market i always get errors same with amazon app store and i even tryed getjar someone help please
Please use plain text.
New Friend
raiderfan

[-o< I got my nextbook 7 and had it a little over 2 weeks. It shut down in the middle of using it and would not turn on or charge after that. Even tried the reset. Nothing. Sent it to Efun. Am awaiting replacement. Hope it works out better this time. Crossing my fingers, toes and everything else possible.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
akcasha

I would like to help out anyone who recently bought the Nextbook 7. I bought 3 and with a big problem, the internet Grrr. To make a long story short and a few days of research got everything under control. So here are the solutions.
1. go to http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.php Follow the directions for downloading the FIRMWARE.
TIP#1: Serial numbers DO NOT need to match. If your serial number begins with (YF1011) or (YF0911) you can still update your firmware. I bought 3 of the nextbook 7 premium, They would not browse the internet Grrrr! So I called Tech Support for Dummies and they had me download the file even though the serial didn't match ( it must match the first 6 characters). Now the tablets are awesomely FAST!!! I had a promo code from HSN for the call to Tech Support for Dummies, which was free.
TIP#2: you can't open that IMG file on the laptop the tablet will do it. Here's how....After you download the file to your laptop and you have connected the tablet by usb to your laptop, open MY COMPUTER you will see an extra removable device drive. Click on it to open the drive which will be your tablet. Take the file you downloaded drag and drop the file onto the tablet. after, disconnect the usb, making sure you have the charger plugged in as well. Now shut down the tablet and then restart it up. The tablet should show you right off that it has found the firmware file. after the update is done shut down and restart one more time. You should be good as gold. Good Luck
Please use plain text.
New Friend
catcam30

I ordered the TS on June 19th for the Nextbook, and was so excited to have an affordable tablet. Received it on Wed. June 22nd, and charged it up overnight. Today I tried to turn it on, and it will not stay on. I can get the Nextbook home page to come on, and then the thing quickly shuts off. Tried resetting the device in the little pinhole. That does no good. This is the second time I have tried Nextbook, and probably the last. No matter how good they make it sound on TV, if it won't stay on, I can't use it. Think I'll spend a little more for a more reliable product.
I HAVE EXACTLEY THE SAME PROBLEM?? WORKED PERFECT FOR ABOUT A WEEK NO MORE
Please use plain text.
New Friend
momofneb

I received my Nextbook Premium 7 today (Jun 24) and have been playing with it for a couple of hours. I did find a simple way to install Amazon Appstore...I googled it on my notebook and located the apk file for it, copied it to an SD card and installed the application using Astro. It is working very well now on the Nextbook. I have used a couple of other Android tablets so I am somewhat familiar with the way they operate. I will be glad to post more explicit directions if anyone needs them. Happy tableting everyone!

I will open astro but when I go to click on the sd card it says "file not found"
can you please help me?

Thanks~
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
86 Replies
06.20.2011 10:16 PM
0 Smiles
30+ in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...