New Friend
junkreader

RE: Nextbook Premium 7

have had mine a month and I love it. No problems with freezeups, etc. I found reading the instructions were extremely helpful, though not fun.
The most trouble I have is getting apps from the Amazon apps store that don't run on Nextbook 7. Most apps are still made for phones.
Forget compass, level, etc. They don't work.
I've had to download Kindle 4 times over the month, but I still like using
Please use plain text.
New Friend
CowboyTJ

So got my Premium 7 yesterday and stopped working today. it was working fine until I shut down and once I tried to restart it froze. has anyone gotten a fix if it wont even go past the screen with the pointing hand?

Yes.. I found one leave it on let the battery run day, Did mine at night went to sleep. Next morning pluged it in, it reset itself also down loaded all updates at that time now it is working ok with no prob. It updates it self about 1 aweek with new stuff. Hope this helps :d/
Please use plain text.
New Friend
MrsRabbit646

I'm loving my nextbook 7! I wasn't expecting an Ipad or anything. Just wanted it for the internet and games. Still getting used to it. I has frozen 2 times while playing Angry Birds but I just had to exit and click on the game again to get it going again. I didn't get the case, which now I wish I had. I can't seem to find a case for it now and HSN is sold out. Any suggestions?

Cases for the Blackberry Playbook fit the Nextbook Premium 7 perfectly! Be sure to get the stretch elastic corners, since I am not sure where the openings are on the hard surround type. I ordered a Black with purple soft sided zip one with pocket and a pink leather one both from Amazon.com and paid way less for both than the cost of one from Nextbook. So far my only complaint is short time of 7 hours to read before I have to recharge. On the positive side, I get to bed before 4a.m. when I have to recharge!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
MrsRabbit646

I thought they were selling a folder over case/cover for it? I am loving this thing and now want to get the case/cover for it but cannot find it here. A

Cases for the Blackberry Playbook fit the Nextbook Premium 7 perfectly! Be sure to get the stretch elastic corners, since I am not sure where the openings are on the hard surround type. I ordered a Black with purple soft sided zip one with pocket and a pink leather one both from Amazon and paid way less for both than the cost of one from Nextbook. So far my only complaint is short time of 7 hours to read before I have to recharge. On the positive side, I get to bed before 4a.m. when I have to recharge!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
ADG1

It does all it promises. No issues as everyone else describes. Faster than most laptops for browsing. I added the Amazon app to get other apps like FB, Pandora, Angry Birds, etc. Great price, great product. Wish I had ordered 2. Most tablets on the market require a data package. Love that this one doesn't and can use wifi.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
dpbraswell

I've used the nextbook 7 for a couple of weeks. I'm 70% satisfied. It's fairly responsive and I haven't had a lot of the tech issues that others have described by others. That being said, the Nextbook is for novice users only. Without having Android Marketplace you have to do a lot of searching for apps on your own and some apps such as Youtube and any Google related apps are inpossible to get at all.

The Amazon app is a help but it's attached to Amazon. You're not going to find the Android Nook app on Amazon and B&N requires marketplace to download app. All in all not a bad product but its sad that my phone has more apps than this tablet.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
tiger4062

So got my Premium 7 yesterday and stopped working today. it was working fine until I shut down and once I tried to restart it froze. has anyone gotten a fix if it wont even go past the screen with the pointing hand?

Yes.. I found one leave it on let the battery run day, Did mine at night went to sleep. Next morning pluged it in, it reset itself also down loaded all updates at that time now it is working ok with no prob. It updates it self about 1 aweek with new stuff. Hope this helps :d/

I have had 2 Nextbook 7s with this problem. The first I sent back to HSN after 3 weeks before I saw this "fix". I received my second Next 7p which developed the same problem after 3 weeks. This "fix" didn't work on mine. This time, I decided to send it to nextbookusa.com thinking that maybe they had a chance to really fix this problem with their product. I hope I didn't make a mistake by giving this product another try. I do like the product and the convience it gives me.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Yashie

Hi, new to the android market and was reading this thread and seems most of the problems stated here are that they couldn't switch the nextbook on. My issue is it wouldn't charge!
I charged it the first time I got it and it was ok. played with it the whole day then it told me to plug it in coz the battery is low. so I did but it's not charging! has anyone encountered the same issue?
Please use plain text.
New Friend
TerriMC

i cant get mine to pickup my network. i have entered the password thats on my Belkin, but i still cant get wifi. anyone know something i might be doing wrong or any help? thanks in advance bg

BeeGee: I had same problem and called the router tech support and they ran me through the step by step process. They said the security settings had to be changed.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Fled

i cant get mine to pickup my network. i have entered the password thats on my Belkin, but i still cant get wifi. anyone know something i might be doing wrong or any help? thanks in advance bg

BeeGee: I had same problem and called the router tech support and they ran me through the step by step process. They said the security settings had to be changed.

There is a wi-fi firmware update on Nextbook's website:
http://www.nextbookusa.com/download.php

To correct the problem connecting to Wi-Fi or internet connection speed on your NEXT7P, please follow these Instructions:
1.Download the firmware update to your home PC or laptop.
2.Connect your NEXT7P to your computer using the USB cable provided.
3.On your NEXT7P click on “turn on USB storage”
4.Your computer will recognize the NEXT7P. Once it does, drag and drop the downloaded file to you NEXT7P.
5.Once the file is transferred completely, click on “turn off USB storage” on your NEXT7P and disconnect the USB from your NEXT7P.
6.Run the Firmware update as prompted on your NEXT7P.

Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.