clark1972 | Admirer | 12.23.2011 4:35 PM
Hi. I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue I am having. I bought two of these Nextbooks. I installed the firmware update successfully on one of the tablets but cannot get it on the second one. I have done every thing I am supposed to do:

1.Download the firmware update to your home PC or laptop.
2.Connect your NEXT7P to your computer using the USB cable provided.
3.On your NEXT7P click on “turn on USB storage”
4.Your computer will recognize the NEXT7P. Once it does, drag and drop the downloaded file to you NEXT7P.
5.Once the file is transferred completely, click on “turn off USB storage” on your NEXT7P and disconnect the USB from your NEXT7P.

Right here, I should see a prompt asking me if I want to install the firmware. All I get is a really fast flash of a screen. I can't even read it because it is so fast. I'm unable to install the firmware on it. It works fine when it's on WEP but I would rather not run it on an unsecured network. These are Christmas gifts for my twins and I hate that one is functioning alright but the other one isn't. Anyone else out there having the same issue? Any suggestions? I am hoping I can install it some other kind of way but I don't want to really mess around with too many buttons without knowing what I am doing. Yikes. I have looked under the "download" button and the firmware is not there and I have also tried to contact Nextbook Tech Support to no avail. I am also still waiting on a return e-mail from them...
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
cathymcg55 | New Friend | 01.01.2012 6:14 PM
For those of you, like me, who can't read between the lines; what the nextbookusa firmware update neglected to list was "DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR USB CABLE" after you download the update. If you leave your cable in, your nextbook tablet will give you the opportunity to run the download (image.img) and during the download, the screen actually says "do not disconnected your USB connection until the download is complete!" Good luck, I almost sent this back in frustration. Without this update, connecting to the intranet was just not working for me. Here's a glowing example, before the update, amazon appstore took 7 hours to download; with update, it took 20 seconds!

I agree with the last post, HSN should post the download.
clark1972 | Admirer | 12.27.2011 7:41 PM
Well I heard back from Nextbook support and their suggestion worked for me. I now have both Nextbooks running and two very happy 6 year olds who carry their tablets everywhere they go! :d/ I was determined to have these working by Christmas morning and I did. Yay! This is supports reply to me:

Dear Nextbook Customer,

You may want to try to "Factory Reset" your unit. You can do this by going into your settings from the main page. After going into settings, go to "Privacy" , then to " factory data reset". Once there please click on "Reset Nextbook ". It will take several minutes to rest. After the unit reloads then transfer the update file into the nextbook and it should stay up for you. Tap install and it will format the device.

Thank You ,

Customer Service
1-888-415-5177
Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
LW8386

After I ran the "Factory Reset", I went back to install the firmware update. My serial numbers fall within the first list and I believe I installed the firmware version from "site 1". Everything is running smoothly now and we haven't had any issues. I hope this helps someone out before they decide to return their nextbook as I would have had I not received the Firmware Update notice in the mail.

HSN- You should really consider posting the Firmware Update info on the item description page as people are still posting negative reviews and talking about returning their tablets. I am guilty, I was one of them. But I was hoping to remedy that and update my review since the nextbooks are working fine now. You should allow for an update review option as well.
mcguire1 | New Friend | 12.27.2011 6:53 PM
Hi i bought this for my 34 yr old sister for Christmas,she has down Syndrome and has the mentality of about an 11 or 12 yr old when we couldn't get it to connect it ruined the whole Christmas,she is like a child and didn't understand,i tried to download the firmware but couldn't get it to work we tried changing the security system settings on the router and finally got it to connect but then all the other devices and computers in the house wouldn't connect so we had to change it back,so i am debating sending it back as right now it is useless.This just messed up what was suppose to be a great gift,she was so happy when she opened it,but when we couldn't get it to work she started to cry.I see this is a widespread problem,they really should have had these issues corrected before these ever shipped out.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
clark1972

Nextbook Premium 7 Firmware Update

Hi. I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue I am having. I bought two of these Nextbooks. I installed the firmware update successfully on one of the tablets but cannot get it on the second one. I have done every thing I am supposed to do:

1.Download the firmware update to your home PC or laptop.
2.Connect your NEXT7P to your computer using the USB cable provided.
3.On your NEXT7P click on “turn on USB storage”
4.Your computer will recognize the NEXT7P. Once it does, drag and drop the downloaded file to you NEXT7P.
5.Once the file is transferred completely, click on “turn off USB storage” on your NEXT7P and disconnect the USB from your NEXT7P.

Right here, I should see a prompt asking me if I want to install the firmware. All I get is a really fast flash of a screen. I can't even read it because it is so fast. I'm unable to install the firmware on it. It works fine when it's on WEP but I would rather not run it on an unsecured network. These are Christmas gifts for my twins and I hate that one is functioning alright but the other one isn't. Anyone else out there having the same issue? Any suggestions? I am hoping I can install it some other kind of way but I don't want to really mess around with too many buttons without knowing what I am doing. Yikes. I have looked under the "download" button and the firmware is not there and I have also tried to contact Nextbook Tech Support to no avail. I am also still waiting on a return e-mail from them...
Please use plain text.
New Friend
mcguire1

RE: Nextbook Premium 7 Firmware Update

Hi i bought this for my 34 yr old sister for Christmas,she has down Syndrome and has the mentality of about an 11 or 12 yr old when we couldn't get it to connect it ruined the whole Christmas,she is like a child and didn't understand,i tried to download the firmware but couldn't get it to work we tried changing the security system settings on the router and finally got it to connect but then all the other devices and computers in the house wouldn't connect so we had to change it back,so i am debating sending it back as right now it is useless.This just messed up what was suppose to be a great gift,she was so happy when she opened it,but when we couldn't get it to work she started to cry.I see this is a widespread problem,they really should have had these issues corrected before these ever shipped out.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
clark1972

Well I heard back from Nextbook support and their suggestion worked for me. I now have both Nextbooks running and two very happy 6 year olds who carry their tablets everywhere they go! :d/ I was determined to have these working by Christmas morning and I did. Yay! This is supports reply to me:

Dear Nextbook Customer,

You may want to try to "Factory Reset" your unit. You can do this by going into your settings from the main page. After going into settings, go to "Privacy" , then to " factory data reset". Once there please click on "Reset Nextbook ". It will take several minutes to rest. After the unit reloads then transfer the update file into the nextbook and it should stay up for you. Tap install and it will format the device.

Thank You ,

Customer Service
1-888-415-5177
Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
LW8386

After I ran the "Factory Reset", I went back to install the firmware update. My serial numbers fall within the first list and I believe I installed the firmware version from "site 1". Everything is running smoothly now and we haven't had any issues. I hope this helps someone out before they decide to return their nextbook as I would have had I not received the Firmware Update notice in the mail.

HSN- You should really consider posting the Firmware Update info on the item description page as people are still posting negative reviews and talking about returning their tablets. I am guilty, I was one of them. But I was hoping to remedy that and update my review since the nextbooks are working fine now. You should allow for an update review option as well.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
cathymcg55

For those of you, like me, who can't read between the lines; what the nextbookusa firmware update neglected to list was "DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR USB CABLE" after you download the update. If you leave your cable in, your nextbook tablet will give you the opportunity to run the download (image.img) and during the download, the screen actually says "do not disconnected your USB connection until the download is complete!" Good luck, I almost sent this back in frustration. Without this update, connecting to the intranet was just not working for me. Here's a glowing example, before the update, amazon appstore took 7 hours to download; with update, it took 20 seconds!

I agree with the last post, HSN should post the download.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
3 Replies
12.23.2011 4:35 PM
0 Smiles
3 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...