wody | New Friend | 12.24.2010 11:59 AM
Got my Nextbook 3 two days ago and it won't turn on either. I have tried all the suggestions and nothing. I wonder why when I put a SD card in it does come on and shows battary fully charged. It will turn back on as long as it does not time out. I am going to try and "never power down" and see if that works. I like the nextbook, but would rather it would work as advertised. Who wouldn't? Grench! If anyone can figure this out please post! I hate to go through the return process. Damn it Jim, Iam a doctor not an engineer!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
tallyguyy | New Friend | 04.17.2014 11:35 AM

I found a quick work around without having to reset!!!  Hold down volume DOWN button and power button for 3-5 seconds, then release. It will bring up the first pretty nextbook screen and then go to a different screen with options. Reboot is already highlighted so just hit the power button again, it acts as a select, and it reboots! Done.  

Tammyem | New Friend | 12.27.2010 12:21 AM
I used my nextbook today, turned it off, tried to re-start later and it would not turn on. After reading the post, I used the USB cord, plugged it into the computer and it re-started. So glad to have had the information posted! Love my Nextbook!
bigdaddydo | New Friend | 12.26.2010 7:58 PM
Nextbook 3 power issues?
Okay - so we bought two of these Nextbooks, and neither would charge. Since these were the only gifts that we were giving the kids, you can only imagine my frustration when these wouldn't work properly. I read and re-read ALL of the reviews, and it seems that much like the ones I purchased, these Nextbooks wouldn't charge, or hold a charge. BUT, then I came across a review that gave me a helpful hint (now, I must say that I'm not the one feeling embarrassed here - the hubby set these up, and is very technical). It seems the Nextbook has two ports at the bottom - one for HEADPHONES, and one for the BATTERY. The battery charger fits both of the ports, and guess which one we had plugged the charger into? Yep, the headphone port. Once we fixed this issue, they chagred right away and have been working great.
I hope this helps someone out there - it was a silly mistake, but an easy one to make! Good luck :smileyhappy:
NoPatience | Admirer | 12.26.2010 3:27 PM
I am sending mine back. I shouldn't have to go through all of this for a brand new item. I am not happy at all, and my son is so upset. Good thing is I bought a cheaper Android tablet from another place for myself, so I have given it to my so - and he is happy. This NEXTBOOK is going back tomorrow.
troz | Admirer | 12.26.2010 2:49 PM
unfortunately not... my on switch is useless too. i just plug it into my laptop and in a second it wakes up, much better than resetting which is a pain to hold on to it and push the pin in at the same time.
i am just going to use it to death like this until jan. 31. and see what they do about repairs or recalls.
someone said theirs wake up when they put an sd card in. i haven't tried that....
techhead962 | Admirer 1 | 12.25.2010 10:50 PM
try the reset button on the back...see if that get's it to correct itself?
wody | New Friend | 12.25.2010 9:27 PM
Troz, I tried that. Is yours still working right? I am kinda perplexed if it fixed it or not. Didn't power up once and has the rest of the time. Charge it tonight and see what happens tomorrow. Thanks
troz | Admirer | 12.24.2010 4:04 PM
Here's one for you: Nextbookusa emailed me and this what they told me to do (i'm having the same problem)
Plug the nextbook3 into your computer. It should power up, when it does disconnect it by (clicking stop usb safely). Then plug in the power adapter and charge the nextbook again without turning the nextbook off, leave it on while its charging.
So far it has worked for me, I have turned mine off and on several times today already and its worked. Keeping my fingers crossed!
wody | New Friend | 12.24.2010 1:18 PM
Numerous times with no prevail. It is as if the on/off switch does not work at all
KatHett | New Friend | 12.24.2010 12:27 PM
Did you try holding the on/off switch in for a count of 4-5? This operates just like my Android2 phone. Also, if goes into power saver mode, again hold in the on/off switch for a 2-3 count. Please post how you make out.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
wody

Nextbook 3 won't turn on

Got my Nextbook 3 two days ago and it won't turn on either. I have tried all the suggestions and nothing. I wonder why when I put a SD card in it does come on and shows battary fully charged. It will turn back on as long as it does not time out. I am going to try and "never power down" and see if that works. I like the nextbook, but would rather it would work as advertised. Who wouldn't? Grench! If anyone can figure this out please post! I hate to go through the return process. Damn it Jim, Iam a doctor not an engineer!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
KatHett

RE: Nextbook 3 won't turn on

Did you try holding the on/off switch in for a count of 4-5? This operates just like my Android2 phone. Also, if goes into power saver mode, again hold in the on/off switch for a 2-3 count. Please post how you make out.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
wody

Numerous times with no prevail. It is as if the on/off switch does not work at all
Please use plain text.
Admirer
troz

Here's one for you: Nextbookusa emailed me and this what they told me to do (i'm having the same problem)
Plug the nextbook3 into your computer. It should power up, when it does disconnect it by (clicking stop usb safely). Then plug in the power adapter and charge the nextbook again without turning the nextbook off, leave it on while its charging.
So far it has worked for me, I have turned mine off and on several times today already and its worked. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
wody

Troz, I tried that. Is yours still working right? I am kinda perplexed if it fixed it or not. Didn't power up once and has the rest of the time. Charge it tonight and see what happens tomorrow. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
techhead962

try the reset button on the back...see if that get's it to correct itself?
Please use plain text.
Admirer
troz

unfortunately not... my on switch is useless too. i just plug it into my laptop and in a second it wakes up, much better than resetting which is a pain to hold on to it and push the pin in at the same time.
i am just going to use it to death like this until jan. 31. and see what they do about repairs or recalls.
someone said theirs wake up when they put an sd card in. i haven't tried that....
Please use plain text.
Admirer
NoPatience

I am sending mine back. I shouldn't have to go through all of this for a brand new item. I am not happy at all, and my son is so upset. Good thing is I bought a cheaper Android tablet from another place for myself, so I have given it to my so - and he is happy. This NEXTBOOK is going back tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
bigdaddydo

Nextbook 3 power issues?
Okay - so we bought two of these Nextbooks, and neither would charge. Since these were the only gifts that we were giving the kids, you can only imagine my frustration when these wouldn't work properly. I read and re-read ALL of the reviews, and it seems that much like the ones I purchased, these Nextbooks wouldn't charge, or hold a charge. BUT, then I came across a review that gave me a helpful hint (now, I must say that I'm not the one feeling embarrassed here - the hubby set these up, and is very technical). It seems the Nextbook has two ports at the bottom - one for HEADPHONES, and one for the BATTERY. The battery charger fits both of the ports, and guess which one we had plugged the charger into? Yep, the headphone port. Once we fixed this issue, they chagred right away and have been working great.
I hope this helps someone out there - it was a silly mistake, but an easy one to make! Good luck :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Tammyem

I used my nextbook today, turned it off, tried to re-start later and it would not turn on. After reading the post, I used the USB cord, plugged it into the computer and it re-started. So glad to have had the information posted! Love my Nextbook!
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
34 Replies
12.24.2010 11:59 AM
1 Smiles
25 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...