Admirer
cccoach02

Nextbook 3 Wireless Issues

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I recieved our Nextbook 3 yesterday, and was able to connect to my wireless router with no problem. Then all of a sudden it stopped, and I can no longer connect, I've tried resetting the Next3, and everything the FAQ wireless troubleshooting says to do. It keeps searching, then says remembered secured with wpa/wpa2 psk under my wireless. It keeps trying to connect with no sucess. All my other wireless devices are working fine.

My husband and I both have it and his is doing the same thing.

I was really enjoying the Nextbook until that moment is there anything I can do to get it connected again.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ShopperOnline

RE: Nextbook 3 Wireless Issues

GM cccoach02:

Sorry you and hubby are having issues with your Next3. I'll re-post what I said in the other thread. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

How many devices to you have connected to your router?

I ask because ours can connect four items to the internet at one time. The two desktops are connected by the wired ports in the back of the router. My laptop connects by wireless elsewhere in the house.

That leaves one connection for my smartphone, Next2, (I still have it), and Next3. All three will not work at the same time, but, they will all show connected.

If you have some time try taking them someplace like a McDonald's or bookstore and see if they will connect there.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
mary15819

I couldn't get my Nextbook 3 connected to the internet at all. It will not accept my WEP information.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
cccoach02

GM cccoach02:

Sorry you and hubby are having issues with your Next3. I'll re-post what I said in the other thread. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

How many devices to you have connected to your router?

I ask because ours can connect four items to the internet at one time. The two desktops are connected by the wired ports in the back of the router. My laptop connects by wireless elsewhere in the house.

That leaves one connection for my smartphone, Next2, (I still have it), and Next3. All three will not work at the same time, but, they will all show connected.

If you have some time try taking them someplace like a McDonald's or bookstore and see if they will connect there.

Thanks Shopper, I decided to just reboot my router and that worked keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Herengone

The wifi connection I used has a long password to it and I could not connect to it. What happened was that the wifi adapter would turn off before I could enter the password. So, you have to be quick enough in entering the password and pressing "Connect" before the Wifi shows "off". This helped me, I thought I'd share it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ShopperOnline

Wi-Fi Update!

Both my mother and her mother are in the hospital, different hospitals, different cities, farthest city is 40 miles away from where we live. DH and I visited both of them today. My Next3 found and connected to the public Wi-Fi in each hospital effortlessly.

I would never visit hospitals to test Wi-Fi, but, it is nice to know I can stay connected. We are getting lots of snow here tomorrow, both of them told us not to come back until the weather is better. They should be back to their homes soon. I'd rather "test" the tablet somewhere else.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
tamariah

I received my Nextbook 3 on yesterday and could not connect to the internet. I live in an apartment complex where there are WiFi connectivities. However, I tried to log on as soon as I took it out of the box. Should I let it charge for the 4 hours as recommended and try again? Please help? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
pistolpete52

I received my Nextbook 3 on yesterday and could not connect to the internet. I live in an apartment complex where there are WiFi connectivities. However, I tried to log on as soon as I took it out of the box. Should I let it charge for the 4 hours as recommended and try again? Please help? Thanks.

Yes absolutely charge it up right away. The indicator may show that it has a fairly good charge, but you need to go by the manual and charge it fully.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
snoopsmom

The wifi connection I used has a long password to it and I could not connect to it. What happened was that the wifi adapter would turn off before I could enter the password. So, you have to be quick enough in entering the password and pressing "Connect" before the Wifi shows "off". This helped me, I thought I'd share it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I had my NextBook all packed up and ready to send back tomorrow when I decided to try your suggestion. I had to be quick, but it worked! It connected right away. I'm going to keep it now! You'd think they'd have it set to stay on longer.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Challenged518

I have have the same issue as everyone else on this post, and I have followed up by applying some of the same resolution steps but I still cannot. I bought 2 and thinking seriously about sending them back. I treid the "quick" password technique, and reboot the router, and kisck all other devices off the router. It says it is scanning, then disconnected, then scanning, etc.....strong signal with all other devices in house
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.