Linny535 | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2012 3:34 PM
#-o :-k :-"

Please someone tell me HOw to get my phone to accept WIFI..
I can not get it to accept the WIFI option.
The phone keeps saying it couold not connect to it?
Anybody know how to make it work?
I need WIFI on this phone that is why I got it to surf the web.One reason besides the ease of the use.
Thank you.
[-o<

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 01.25.2013 11:45 PM

Blazermamaw, yes, it sounds as if your LG is a Limon Grande - Big Lemon! No doubt there's something wrong with the phone. The good news is that you're still within the Holiday Extended Return Period. Just make sure that you get it back to HSN (or at least postmarked) by Jan. 31st. They should exchange it with no problem. Remember that TracFone gives you a six-month warranty on handsets, so even if the phone had worked perfectly, then malfunctioned on Feb. 1st, they'd send you a new phone. WARNING: Often TracFone will try to exchange a brand new phone for a "reconditioned" or "remanufactured" model. Insist that they send you a brand new phone because that's what you bought and that's what you expect.

TomK64, since your wi-fi functions properly on your home network, the only logical explanation for your connectivity issue is that when you're attempting to access a public network, is that it's password protected. Even in some places where you'd assume the wi-fi network to be free and open to the public, often you have to ask the clerk at the counter for the password. When we had Borders Bookstores, the local one required a password. Waldenbooks in the mall was the same way. I'll never understand why, in a venue like that, they changed the password every month or so, but they did. Perhaps there's a mechanical defect in your phone and that will require exchanging it.

If that fails, contact TracFone again, but by-pass lower level Customer Service. It can be frustrating sometimes dealing with TracFone's Customer Service or Tech Support Representatives, especially when attempting to communicate with non-native English speakers. My best suggestion is to complete the Complaint Form on the website. Indicate in no uncertain terms that you attempted to solve this problem with a call (or multiple calls) to CS/TS, but to your complete dismay and utter frustration, the issue persists. After submitting the form, a member of the Executive Resolutions Team should contact you within three business days. These individuals are highly trained, extremely s~kil~led and excellent communicators, therefore you shouldn't encounter the language barrier that you experienced previoiusly. Usually they'll solve the problem while on the phone with you. Good luck!

Blazermamaw | New Friend | 01.06.2013 9:42 PM
I started out with my wi-fi working without a problem. I skipped a week or two without using it...until today when I tried...it came on and within seconds went right back off again. I tried this repeatedly. I turned the LG Tracfone off for 10 mins...retried to no avail....even turned it off...took my battery out for another 10 mins. It shows that it is connecting...the blue light stays on for just a second or two...it goes right back off! I get wi-fi also on my smart tv...and Netflix was working...but my new Tracfone has bit the dust. It's too bad that I bought 3 of these!
TomK64 | New Friend | 01.05.2013 10:39 PM
I can connect to my home WiFi but I am unable to connect in any public place to the free WiFi. Any ideas would be helpful. Tried talking to Tracfone but was on hold 30 mins and when I did reach someone I couldn't hardly understand a word they were yelling at me.
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 12.07.2012 7:59 PM

Linny535, it's easy and your phone doesn't have to "accept wi-fi" as long as it's wi-fi-enabled. All you must do is turn it on and make sure you're within range of a hotspot or another wireless connection, such as a home or business network. If that network is password protected, make sure you have it and enter it correctly.

wi-fi CONNECTION

1. From main MENU, select wi-fi. There's a small square, with the factory default set to OFF (it will look like a black circle on a gray square.) Slide it to the right, and you'll see a blue square with a vertical bar. Simultaneously you'll get a "Searching For Available Networks" message.

2. Next you'll get a display of all available networks within range. The first one shown should be closest. (e.g. - If you're in your house, the first one will be HOME NETWORK or whatever you've named it.)

3. Enter your password (or "Security Code" as they call it) EXACTLY - being mindful of case-sensitivity - or it won't connect.

When your wi-fi is working properly, you will not be charged minutes for connecting to the Internet. Always check BEFORE opening your browser or TracFone will deduct minutes. You can leave wi-fi on always, but it will drain your battery a little faster.

If you have problems, I've posted a troubleshooting guide in the "TS TracFone - Problems With Customer Service" thread on this Electronics forum, in response to problems that others were having connecting to wi-fi.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
Linny535

LG840G problems getting WIFI to work on this phone?

#-o :-k :-"

Please someone tell me HOw to get my phone to accept WIFI..
I can not get it to accept the WIFI option.
The phone keeps saying it couold not connect to it?
Anybody know how to make it work?
I need WIFI on this phone that is why I got it to surf the web.One reason besides the ease of the use.
Thank you.
[-o<

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

RE: LG840G problems getting WIFI to work on this phone?

Linny535, it's easy and your phone doesn't have to "accept wi-fi" as long as it's wi-fi-enabled. All you must do is turn it on and make sure you're within range of a hotspot or another wireless connection, such as a home or business network. If that network is password protected, make sure you have it and enter it correctly.

wi-fi CONNECTION

1. From main MENU, select wi-fi. There's a small square, with the factory default set to OFF (it will look like a black circle on a gray square.) Slide it to the right, and you'll see a blue square with a vertical bar. Simultaneously you'll get a "Searching For Available Networks" message.

2. Next you'll get a display of all available networks within range. The first one shown should be closest. (e.g. - If you're in your house, the first one will be HOME NETWORK or whatever you've named it.)

3. Enter your password (or "Security Code" as they call it) EXACTLY - being mindful of case-sensitivity - or it won't connect.

When your wi-fi is working properly, you will not be charged minutes for connecting to the Internet. Always check BEFORE opening your browser or TracFone will deduct minutes. You can leave wi-fi on always, but it will drain your battery a little faster.

If you have problems, I've posted a troubleshooting guide in the "TS TracFone - Problems With Customer Service" thread on this Electronics forum, in response to problems that others were having connecting to wi-fi.

Please use plain text.
New Friend
TomK64

I can connect to my home WiFi but I am unable to connect in any public place to the free WiFi. Any ideas would be helpful. Tried talking to Tracfone but was on hold 30 mins and when I did reach someone I couldn't hardly understand a word they were yelling at me.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Blazermamaw

I started out with my wi-fi working without a problem. I skipped a week or two without using it...until today when I tried...it came on and within seconds went right back off again. I tried this repeatedly. I turned the LG Tracfone off for 10 mins...retried to no avail....even turned it off...took my battery out for another 10 mins. It shows that it is connecting...the blue light stays on for just a second or two...it goes right back off! I get wi-fi also on my smart tv...and Netflix was working...but my new Tracfone has bit the dust. It's too bad that I bought 3 of these!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

Blazermamaw, yes, it sounds as if your LG is a Limon Grande - Big Lemon! No doubt there's something wrong with the phone. The good news is that you're still within the Holiday Extended Return Period. Just make sure that you get it back to HSN (or at least postmarked) by Jan. 31st. They should exchange it with no problem. Remember that TracFone gives you a six-month warranty on handsets, so even if the phone had worked perfectly, then malfunctioned on Feb. 1st, they'd send you a new phone. WARNING: Often TracFone will try to exchange a brand new phone for a "reconditioned" or "remanufactured" model. Insist that they send you a brand new phone because that's what you bought and that's what you expect.

TomK64, since your wi-fi functions properly on your home network, the only logical explanation for your connectivity issue is that when you're attempting to access a public network, is that it's password protected. Even in some places where you'd assume the wi-fi network to be free and open to the public, often you have to ask the clerk at the counter for the password. When we had Borders Bookstores, the local one required a password. Waldenbooks in the mall was the same way. I'll never understand why, in a venue like that, they changed the password every month or so, but they did. Perhaps there's a mechanical defect in your phone and that will require exchanging it.

If that fails, contact TracFone again, but by-pass lower level Customer Service. It can be frustrating sometimes dealing with TracFone's Customer Service or Tech Support Representatives, especially when attempting to communicate with non-native English speakers. My best suggestion is to complete the Complaint Form on the website. Indicate in no uncertain terms that you attempted to solve this problem with a call (or multiple calls) to CS/TS, but to your complete dismay and utter frustration, the issue persists. After submitting the form, a member of the Executive Resolutions Team should contact you within three business days. These individuals are highly trained, extremely s~kil~led and excellent communicators, therefore you shouldn't encounter the language barrier that you experienced previoiusly. Usually they'll solve the problem while on the phone with you. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
4 Replies
12.07.2012 3:34 PM
0 Smiles
4 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...